Art Morte
boyzis
Helmer
futbol
Kick
79 posters

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3 - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3

Post by farfan Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:57 pm

taarabt is an actual POS tho hmm

farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3 - Page 19 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:59 pm

So says the media and crap managers who use his apparent reputation as an excuse when they don't get results.

Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:05 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:So says the media and crap managers who use his apparent reputation as an excuse when they don't get results.

Forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical.

the guy once said that he can't be bothered playing in countries like gabon and whatnot , and the AFCON was beneath him Laughing

something that legendary players like Weah , drogba , eto'o etc... would never say , and they all took the competition seriously .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:07 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I knew Harry was talking bollocks about Taarabt Laughing

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3 - Page 19 Fd8qdx

He's basically doing what Pardew did with Ben Arfa, lie about his so called lack of professionalism and weight to drive a wedge between the fanbase.

Obviously he's not "overweight" in the sense of the word but for a professional footballer that's actually kinda meh, isn't it? I'm built pretty much exactly like that and I just do some occasional gym work twice a week while doing desk work the rest of the 10 hours a day.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:12 am

Pls go moal, you know just as well as I do that how flat his stomach looks (he's prob sucking in too) has no impact on his match fitness at all

#teamarry
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:10 am

Moysie vs. Fraud Gaal:

West Ham (h): 3-1 vs. 2-1
Swansea (h): 2-0 vs. 1-2
Everton (h): 0-1 vs. 2-1
Bromwich (a): 3-0 vs. 2-2
Sunderland (a): 2-1 vs. 1-1

Leicester, QPR and Burnley are the 3 newly promoted teams this season. Cardiff, Palace, Hull were the newly promoted teams last season. I will compare the newly promoted teams as follows:

Palace (ended up the best promoted team) vs. Leicester (so far the best promoted team)

Hull (2nd best promoted team) vs. Burnley (so far 2nd best promoted team)

Cardiff (worst) vs. QPR (worst)

So:

Cardiff/QPR (h): 2-0 vs. 4-0
Palace/Leicester (a): 2-0 vs. 3-5
Hull/Burnley (a): 3-2 vs. 0-0

(the permutation of this obviously changes nothing about the end result, just wrote it like this so people understand that it's compareable).

This means in the same/compareable fixtures:

Moysie: 21 points out of 24, GD: 17-5
Fraud Gaal: 12 points out of 24, GD: 15-12

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Funnily enough Moyes didn't suck that much against the bottom clubs nor away from home. The team with the most away points last season was Liverpool with 35 points. Moyes got 34. Fraud Gaal hasn't won away to 3 promoted sides + Sunderland (who gifted them this fixture list by the way, fss Laughing). Moysie's record against the bottom 10 clubs was 50/60.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:14 am

I suppose he will come back to Milan on January , although I ' d take him too ( lol I'm ashamed to say it , but he was difference maker in Serie A Laughing )
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:15 am

Barclay's Premier League '14-'15 discussion V3 - Page 19 EYkr7RB

DAT loyalty Proud :bow:

Once a Gunner , forever a Gunner.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:07 am

United actually played well imo, they look like they have the ability to impose themselves and score goals.

Their problem is that Van Gaal is insisting on starting a clearly past it Van Persie and the fact that their defence can be sliced apart by one pass from Craig Gardner Laughing

Also there is no way that Blind should be a lone DM in any formation. Drop Mata and have someone play next to him but you can't afford to leave him alone in the middle.

The race for 3rd and 4th will be interesting. Seems like it's going to be between Arsenal, United, Pool and maybe Southampton and Everton.

Should be fun since all those teams have glaring weaknesses atm eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:25 am

Fußball wrote:Moysie vs. Fraud Gaal:

Leicester, QPR and Burnley are the 3 newly promoted teams this season. Cardiff, Palace, Hull were the newly promoted teams last season. I will compare the newly promoted teams as follows:

Palace (ended up the best promoted team) vs. Leicester (so far the best promoted team)

So:

(the permutation of this obviously changes nothing about the end result, just wrote it like this so people understand that it's compareable).

Funnily enough Moyes didn't suck that much against the bottom clubs nor away from home. The team with the most away points last season was Liverpool with 35 points. Moyes got 34. Fraud Gaal hasn't won away to 3 promoted sides + Sunderland (who gifted them this fixture list by the way, fss Laughing). Moysie's record against the bottom 10 clubs was 50/60.

From a statistical pov what you are saying might be true. But there are so many other factors we have to consider here.

Like for example. The whole of the footballing world is well aware of the fact that lvg, woodward and co. effed it up by not getting enough defensive reinforcements this transfer window and our existing ones are somewhat mediocre. To make things worse 3 of our 4 senior center backs got injured and were out for majority of the time this term.

And what did LvG do ?  ffs he gave full fledged senior debuts to 2 academy graduates, gave them confidence and those 2 lads are looking impressive and hot prospects for the future all thanks to that.

Imagine What would have moish done if it was him instead.  He may have played Fletcher there or even Blind as a CB. That guy is too scared and ball less that we in any circumstance cannot dare to assume that he might have given a debut to even Blackett let alone McNair. That too its a Blackett who just as far back as last season was not even a regular starter for teams like Blackpool and Birmingham. LvG saw something in the lad trusted him and well its for all to see.

But right I cant actually cite injuries as excuses as most of the top 4 challengers had somewhat the same scenario, but I dont think any other team had it to the extent we had to suffer. At one point we didnt even have personals to fill positions at the back it looked like. It was complete chaos and yet he managed to keep the club afloat.

And for the record its only first 3 PL matches were we have looked shite and dropped otherwise easily attainable 9 points. There we have to give a leeway to him. He is managing in PL for the first time and its obvious he will take some time.
After that its actually 10 points from 5 games or if we reduce it further 7 from last 3. So see there is an improvement over the course of the season.

You said we had the best away record last season. Lol then why did you omit the other side of that stat. We had the worst home record ever last season and we also lost the most no. of matches ever last season and on top of that the most important stat is where did we finish at end. yea right no.7.

So in case of moyish the graph never went up and there were absolutely no signs of improvements whatsoever, players loosing confidence, moish loosing the dressing room and all sorts of problems.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:43 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:theres a difference.

That phase of ours is almost over,  I agree though, not fully.  It was last season under moyes lower league teams entertained chances of walking away with points when they faced us. Now that fear factor has somewhat restored (now dont tell me PL teams do not fear ADM and falcao) .
where as in your case first with the sale of bitey and now with your performance in the recent weeks, other teams have started to smell blood, so I'm afraid that phase has just begun. So see theres a difference.

( I want more smileys. Please the developers of this forum take not. The available ones are too limited and have become boring.  )
:coffee:

Plus they had like 2 shots on goal and scored 2 goals. We controlled the game otherwise apart from some spells in the first half.
I stand firm hence on what I said.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:07 am

Fraud Gaal rofl who came up with that?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:07 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:they had like 2 shots on goal and scored 2 goals.
We can't fault them for being clinical, now can we
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:11 am

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
Lumiere_Blanche wrote:theres a difference.

That phase of ours is almost over,  I agree though, not fully.  It was last season under moyes lower league teams entertained chances of walking away with points when they faced us. Now that fear factor has somewhat restored (now dont tell me PL teams do not fear ADM and falcao) .
where as in your case first with the sale of bitey and now with your performance in the recent weeks, other teams have started to smell blood, so I'm afraid that phase has just begun. So see theres a difference.

( I want more smileys. Please the developers of this forum take not. The available ones are too limited and have become boring.  )

Plus they had like 2 shots on goal and scored 2 goals. We controlled the game otherwise apart from some spells in the first half.
I stand firm hence on what I said.

stand firm with Vflopan Gaul, he will sail you for sure !!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:54 am

Fußball wrote:Moysie vs. Fraud Gaal:

So:

You really don't like Van Gaal, don't you?

Comparing him to Moyes constantly rofl
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:15 pm

fatman123 wrote:Pls go moal, you know just as well as I do that how flat his stomach looks (he's prob sucking in too) has no impact on his match fitness at all

#teamarry

He dont look in superb shape, but he is clearly not 3 stone overweight.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:17 pm

The Franchise wrote:
fatman123 wrote:Pls go moal, you know just as well as I do that how flat his stomach looks (he's prob sucking in too) has no impact on his match fitness at all

#teamarry

He dont look in superb shape, but he is clearly not 3 stone overweight.

3 stones is 20 kilos lol, wtf is Redknapp doing. His team plays like shit on a stick but he is busy publicly insulting some player?

Redknappp wrote:But Redknapp said: "The only reason he has lost weight is because he has had tonsillitis. That’s the only way we could get any weight off of him.

“He is not fit to play a game, that’s the truth. He is the worst professional I have ever come across and I have been his only ally at QPR for the past three years. He doesn’t try and I have protected him for too long.

“Even I could suck my stomach in for a picture and look OK.”
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-claims-4473879

what kind of behaviour is this? disgraceful to say the least.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:46 pm

To be fair to Harry I'm pretty sure Taarabt could be in A LOT better shape than that picture.

The frustrating thing is that Taarabt could have actually be a productive player, instead he's some poverty version of today's Ronaldinho.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:58 pm

Has there ever been a more fraudulent start to the PL than Di Maria's? Another jammy assist yesterday after Fellaini's effort. Mata-esque run atm.

More impressed by Alexis so far.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:09 pm

Gil wrote:Has there ever been a more fraudulent start to the PL than Di Maria's? Another jammy assist yesterday after Fellaini's effort. Mata-esque run atm.

Elano I think. For 2 seasons, he'll play well till October and it went downhill from there.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:30 pm

Doc wrote:
Gil wrote:Has there ever been a more fraudulent start to the PL than Di Maria's? Another jammy assist yesterday after Fellaini's effort. Mata-esque run atm.

Elano I think. For 2 seasons, he'll play well till October and it went downhill from there.

Elano was incredible to be fair. I mean a player getting fluke goals/assists like Di Maria has so far. There's no denying his ability but the amount of poor crosses/shots that have somehow ended up as goals is absurd.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:31 pm

do you ever shut up with your ridiculous statements?

it's so old
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:37 pm

^ he's a troll.

He's hating the fact that Di Maria is crapping all over his beloved Eden 'overrated' Hazard.

Smile
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:38 pm

Howard (weak link)
Coleman Jagielka Stones Baines
McCarthy Besic
Mirallas Barkley Nasimith/Pienaar
Lukaku

That's a potential Top 4 team. I honestly truly believe they have a better team than Liverpool.

Barkley's injury and Howard being crap has cost them big time so far.

Btw, lets say Arsenal finishes 4th and Everton win the Europa League. Since the EL winners get a CL spot starting from this season, does that mean Everton would replace Arsenal rather than both qualifying?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:42 pm

B-Mac wrote:

do you ever shut up with your ridiculous statements?

it's so old

How is it ridiculous? It's just the plain fact, no? He's had a very fortunate start to the season.

No idea why you're getting upset over this either, that wasn't exactly a criticism.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:49 pm

I agree, Elano was incredible up until the season reaches November or December. Then things take a turn for the not so well.

Di Maria is doing as fine as most new signings can do from another footballing culture. I don't disagree that some of his assists are a bit suspect but I totally disagree that he is fraudulent in anyway.

And in all honesty, Van Gaal is the one who should be in question, not Di Maria.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next