Swanhends
Iceman
Mr Nick09
Prometheus
totaalvoetbal
69 posters

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Xavi: "Real Madrid wanted to destroy football" - Page 4 Empty Re: Xavi: "Real Madrid wanted to destroy football"

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Do I wish they didn't do it as much? Sure. But do I think every Barca player is a diver and that they dive much more often than every other team? Not at all.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Xavi: "Real Madrid wanted to destroy football" - Page 4 Empty Re: Xavi: "Real Madrid wanted to destroy football"

Post by izzy Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:02 pm

everest1 wrote:
izzy26 wrote:
everest1 wrote:I actually appreciate Xavi's arrogance, its good to see that he is passionate and willing to speak his mind when somebody asks him about it. Honestly, how tired do we as fans get when all players say is "i'd like to thank the opponents, blah blah blah". You all know that all teams will have conversations about stuff like this in the locker room, so why hide it from the press? I say own your opinions.

There is nothing wrong with your own opinion.

But when it reaks of hypocrisy as Xavi's comments seem to always do, then it gets annoying and quite pathetic.

I don't see the hypocrisy. Sure, his opinion is biased, I'm not denying that. And I definitely wound't call him "humble and respectful". I'm just trying to point out the double standard we as sports fans have... we're constantly asking athletes their opinions on things hoping that they'll say something interesting, but when they say something we don't agree with we blow up.

But no one is questioning whether he speaks his mind or not.

It's the fact that he blatently picks at the flaws of others and their teams and ignores the fact that himself and certain members of his team act the same way. Maybe not the same actions, but with the same intent.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:04 pm

How is that relevant?
Nobody accused Barca of being worse. Everyone said that Real Madrid's methods were worse than everything Barca did, but that doesn't mean that what Barcelona did was correct.
Xavi talks as if Barca's way of doing things, even during these 4 matches, was the right way and that it is "proper football". Then he says that Madrid tried to destroy football.

Hypocritical to say so when his team wasn't exactly playing fairly either.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:04 pm

xavi is god's gift to football. clearly anything he says is a prophet's speech and anyone who thinks it not truth is not humble an respectful

:bom:

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:14 pm

xavi needs to stfu and worry about next season
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:18 pm

alfredandrew wrote:Do I wish they didn't do it as much? Sure. But do I think every Barca player is a diver and that they dive much more often than every other team? Not at all.
This really. I hardly ever saw a dive this season outside of the clasico's

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:44 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
Prometheus wrote:no what he meant is that madrids game plan was to break up the game and stop barca getting their passing game going, which they did and won! thats all!
Their plan was to play rugby and chop down whoever had the ball and sometimes even people who didn't have it. Both teams did disgraceful things and we can only look to the future for better football from the two clubs.
Umm okay, but but Barcelona played against the rules of play, madrid obyed it Evil or Very Mad
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Batigoal Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:45 pm

If i was a Barca Player and coming to the Classico to play football and see somebody like Pepe coming to the Classico just to butcher the opposition and the Referee just donesn't giving a F***k , I ll definitely start to dive to get him sent off and definitely everybody else would do the same, seriously what are you expecting???
Batigoal
Batigoal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

https://facebook.com/tarik.az

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:47 pm

The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
Prometheus wrote:no what he meant is that madrids game plan was to break up the game and stop barca getting their passing game going, which they did and won! thats all!
Their plan was to play rugby and chop down whoever had the ball and sometimes even people who didn't have it. Both teams did disgraceful things and we can only look to the future for better football from the two clubs.
Umm okay, but but Barcelona played against the rules of play, madrid obyed it Evil or Very Mad
Real Madrid committed more fouls against Barcelona than any team in a CL match this season, I fail to see how that is obeying the rules of the game.

You couldn't just accept that I was looking at it from a neutral point of view? Rolling Eyes

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:50 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
Real Madrid committed more fouls against Barcelona than any team in a CL match this season, I fail to see how that is obeying the rules of the game.

You couldn't just accept that I was looking at it from a neutral point of view? Rolling Eyes
But in the end who played better?, ur opinion please Very Happy
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:53 pm

The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:
The xcx wrote:
Lionel Messi wrote:

But in the end who played better?, ur opinion please Very Happy
Barcelona, by miles.
Barcelona completed 643 passes to Madrid’s 258
Shots On Target/Total Shots – Barca 6/12; Madrid 1/4 shots
2nd leg

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:54 pm

Lionel Messi speaks perfect sense btw...

And no, this isn't sarcasm.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sagnik92 Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:56 pm

let the classico shitstorm begin again :bom:
sagnik92
sagnik92
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Latinus Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:01 pm

Batigoal wrote:If i was a Real Player and coming to the Classico to play football and see somebody like Busquets coming to the Classico just to dive and cause the opposition to be sent off and the Referee just donesn't giving a F***k , I ll definitely start to play rough to intimidate him and definitely everybody else would do the same, seriously what are you expecting???

Exactly.
Latinus
Latinus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:01 pm

Does playing rough football really bother people? Real Madrid were quite hard in their game. I know it wasn't pretty but it worked quite nicely up until the sending off which is the risk when one is playing that sort of rough house tactics.

It is what Mourinho thought was best to counter Barcelona passing game that in the end, did not work. Just to inform the so called "football purist", football is a very physical game. Yes, we all love that lovely one touch sort of the game but it does not take away the fact that teams would play rough, they would play "dirty". It is part and parcel with this game.

If fans actually saw both sides of the game for what it is and what it is worth, I reckon what Xavi said would have just be simply another man's opinion instead of the holier than thou attitude being perceived here...

My 2 cents on this matter...

Last edited by Doc on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Xavi: "Real Madrid wanted to destroy football" - Page 4 Dining5feature
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:05 pm

St_Nick09_of_Goal wrote:Xavi: "Real Madrid wanted to destroy football" - Page 4 Dining5feature

You think because i have been away i dont know how to play

RECIPE NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:11 pm

His woords reek of hipocrisy. Sure, Real Madrid played very defensively. But is that really 'destroying football'? Different teams employ different tactics, nothing wrong with that. To me, destroying football is diving and cheating and running to surround the ref to get someone sent off.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by Batigoal Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:12 pm

IMO you can win against Barca without playing the way Real played!!
just look at the semi finals vs Inter, they tackled and pressed Barca without having to make it look like a catch world championship and that is exactly the reason why nobody was calling Inter a butcher team, who tried to destroy Football !!!
Batigoal
Batigoal
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Juventus

https://facebook.com/tarik.az

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:13 pm

SaintJoe wrote:His woords reek of hipocrisy. Sure, Real Madrid played very defensively. But is that really 'destroying football'? Different teams employ different tactics, nothing wrong with that. To me, destroying football is diving and cheating and running to surround the ref to get someone sent off.

Say that Barca =/= Football

>Straight Red Card
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Latinus Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:16 pm

Batigoal wrote:IMO you can win against Barca without playing the way Real played!!
just look at the semi finals vs Inter, they tackled and pressed Barca without having to make it look like a catch world championship and that is exactly the reason why nobody was calling Inter a butcher team, who tried to destroy Football !!!

Then why did Inter get a Red Card handed to them as well?

Simply put, Barca found fortune when Stark, undeservedly, expulsed Pepe off the field.
Latinus
Latinus
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by StrugaRock Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:19 pm

Yuri Yukuv wrote:
SaintJoe wrote:His woords reek of hipocrisy. Sure, Real Madrid played very defensively. But is that really 'destroying football'? Different teams employ different tactics, nothing wrong with that. To me, destroying football is diving and cheating and running to surround the ref to get someone sent off.

Say that Barca =/= Football

>Straight Red Card

And a 5 match ban :coffee:
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:45 pm

I like to thank God every team has a different style of football. Possession football is nice and can be pretty and all, but I could not stand it if it was the "right" way of playing football. I can only imagine the boredom of constantly fighting to have 60% possession.

You play with your strengths, Xavi. He'd be disgusted by the way football is played in England, Italy or Germany if he had the chance to play outside Spain.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:50 pm

Keep on hating folks cus Xavi IS humble and respectful.
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by InterMalia Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:53 pm

Batigoal wrote:IMO you can win against Barca without playing the way Real played!!

Xavi did lol
InterMalia
InterMalia
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by totaalvoetbal Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:35 pm

InterMalia wrote:

Xavi did lol

yes he did! Smile
totaalvoetbal
totaalvoetbal
Prospect
Prospect

http://goingusa.waarbenjij.nu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next