The Franchise
Rebaño Sagrado
RealGunner
Lex
Dnmac4
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Atletico handle their business and win the Supercopa  - Page 2 Empty Re: Atletico handle their business and win the Supercopa

Post by Doc Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:02 pm

I agree, for a dirty stinking team, they can play really good football and play it often too. They are just a dirty stinking team. Reminds me of the old Valencia sometimes.

Also, Real Madrid players were motivated. Just beaten by a more organised team. Nothing new under the sun honestly.

Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Atletico handle their business and win the Supercopa  - Page 2 Empty Re: Atletico handle their business and win the Supercopa

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:05 pm

20:07:36
Kuru wrote:You're talking as if they only switch on their thugs mentality against the bigger team, they play like this even against relegation candidate, I just can't watch them play, they rely on provoking emotions, rather than footballing abilities (even "negative" defensive/aggressive ones aka:Mou).

Alot of teams play good football, on tight budgets, without thuggery, both Dortmund clubs managed it in recent years, Villareal also went very close too, and I'm sure there are others as well in other leagues that I don't pay attention to. And didn't Inter win the treble with a squad with an average transfer tag of 5mill. 7.5mill if you don't count the ones from the academy? ( oh, and they actually made 8 millions in transfers the summer before their treble.)

And I never wanted them to play Tiki-taka, they can play as aggressive as they want, I just resent the the thuggery and the dirty plays, Sevilla few years ago, were very, very aggressive, yet they weren't thugs like Costa, and Raul Garcia, and the lot. I've never seen a dirtier team.

But said I said before, kudos to them, it gets them result. I just stated how I, and several people I know (who even watch other leagues) dislike them, but respect them.
I rather use 'high intensity' than 'thuggery'. Apart from Costa who is a natural thug and now gone, Atlético's other players are not nasty players, they just give it their all. I do understand people's mentality in Spain where going for it hard is often synonymous to aggressiveness and nastiness, which is not really true in my opinion. Most EPL teams play with the same intensity as Atlético as in really going for tackles and such because their footballing culture has accepted (and embraces) it as a physical sports. English Referees are far more lenient at allowing minor challenges in favour of letting the play continue as opposed to La Liga referees who whistle at any small contact. I don't agree with you that Atlético are a dirty team.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:28 pm

Yea, I mean Aletico can play how ever you want them to as witnessed against Chelsea last year. They played conservative hard nosed football until they went a goal up which forced Chelsea to open up a little and then they tore them to shreds going forward with great skill and passing.

Yesterday Real were the more dirty team with Ramos and Ronaldo acting like fools near the end of the game but Atletico don't sit around and cry about it like those two would.

Had Ronaldo been punched in the back of the head he probably would have gotten carried off the field after yelling at the refs for ten minutes and had Ramos been given that forearm shiver all hell would have broken loose not to mention the couple of just unintentional awful challenges from Modric.

Atletico can be dirty and they go in had for every ball but yesterday there was nothing dirty about there play.

Saying Madrid wasn't interested is such a cop out and frankly I can't believe people still convince themselves off stuff like that. It reeks of someone who didn't watch the game. All you needed to do was see there faces and mannerism's near the end of the game and trophy presentation and it was 100% obvious. Not to mention this game was a carbon copy of the CL final except Ramos didn't tie it u with a minute left and he had a chance to do it too.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:06 pm

Not thugs! [/sarcasm]

Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:30 pm

Didn't get a chance to congratulate Atleti so congrats. They got the job done and stayed organised like only they can. Having said that I will be extremely pissed if we lose to these guys again this season.

I don't really care about the thuggery, in fact I respect that they are doing everything they can to win. That's the mentality you should have because for big teams losing is not an option. Of course there is a line between what is acceptable and what isn't and Atleti have made camp smack dab in the middle of that line but they can play some good stuff too.

I will say that Barca fans being happy for Atleti (which I have noticed over the past year) is like watching some weird cuckold experience rofl

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:04 pm

Seeing RealMadrid fans calling Atletico thuggery is laughable, seem they forgot how they play
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:11 pm

Remind me of the old Pistons.

I respect this Atletico team, they are solid and you know they will give it 110% from start to finish. Imagine if Mascherano was in that midfield? lol

Makes things more interesting, and you know you will have to step your game up when you play them, because they will do everything in there power to disrupt your passing.

and Real Madrid calling them thugs for excessive fouls and complaining....like Pepe, Xabi, Ronaldo, Ramos, Marcelo? Come on...don't make it seem like Real Madrid play like saints all of a sudden because you lost lol
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Who's complaining? And if anyone is complaining that doesn't mean they like it when we do it (and we definitely do and have done it in the past).

Atleti take part in thuggery from time to time but that is actually a good quality for me, provided the players know how to keep it under control.

There is nothing worse in sports than a team or player who is too weak mentally or physically and as a result quit and give up. Those teams/players lose the right to show their technical quality.

I admire Atleti a hell of a lot more than Barca in that respect.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:19 pm

They won't win anythig this year.. Just a thug pub team that caught a little wave
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:21 pm

News flash they already won something this season.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:27 pm

Zealous wrote:News flash they already won something this season.

Anything else I meant... The real season starts now :coffee:
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:34 pm

Yep agreed tbh, can't see them win the league/cup over Real Madrid or Barcelona.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:34 pm

Watched them against Rayo and they were utter shit and completely outplayed. Griezmann looks so one-dimensional (as he always has), Arda was a massive miss and Mandzukic albeit very good is no Diego Costa.

They need to go all in for Shaqiri to add some dynamism as well as individualism in their midfield and move Griezmann upfront alongside Mario because Jimenez is bang average.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:36 pm

LeSwagg James wrote:

the real season starts after you lose the derby cup to start the season? lol Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:40 pm

windkick wrote:
LeSwagg James wrote:

the real season starts after you lose the derby cup to start the season? lol Smile

I don't rate that Cup, and neither do most people.. I would of liked to beat them only because of who they are, not because I wanted to win the Supercopa.. It's the same when playing Barca
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:42 pm

Beating Real Madrid is like a trophy tbh Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Zealous explain to me the logic in Simeone getting a 8 game ban for a head tap while CR goes unscathed for assaulting Godin?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:55 pm

Gil wrote:Zealous explain to me the logic in Simeone getting a 8 game ban for a head tap while CR goes unscathed for assaulting Godin?

Because Simeone didn't get a ban just for the head tap. It was a number of misdemeanors which added up to 8 games total.

CR went "unscathed" because the issue was dealt with by the ref during the game. It probably should have been a red but Godin was giving as good as he got if you ask me.

Plus, I'm pretty sure hitting Godin qualifies you for some kind of Medal of Merit in some countries. Proud

Don't know why you asked me this all of a sudden though. I thought all your connections to Atleti were severed when Courtois came back (BTW isn't he on the last year of his contract? hmm)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:21 pm

Zealous wrote:
I will say that Barca fans being happy for Atleti (which I have noticed over the past year) is like watching some weird cuckold experience rofl

And why? Atletico Madrid have nothing to do with Barca, they aren't our rivals..
a neutral fan would most likely root for atletico in one of these games due to the underdog factor, I as a barca fan root for anyone who goes against Madrid because they are our rivals..

what i don't get is how a Real Madrid fan can support both Madrid teams...
it's more laughable then a barca fan supporting them, I mean you guys do know they hate each other right? lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:10 pm

Donuts wrote:what i don't get is how a Real Madrid fan can support both Madrid teams...
it's more laughable then a barca fan supporting them, I mean you guys do know they hate each other right? lol

No offence but 95% of the fans of the big two on this forum do not live in Spain let alone in Madrid/Barcelona. Growing up in a city and supporting your hometown's club is an entirely different feeling to watching them on TV on weekends which explains the behaviour here.

Mods now please post ip addresses :coffee:
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2