The Franchise
Rebaño Sagrado
RealGunner
Lex
Dnmac4
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Atletico handle their business and win the Supercopa  Empty Atletico handle their business and win the Supercopa

Post by Dnmac4 Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:43 pm

Great game, great drama, stars everywhere on the field and awesome environment.

Cholo is the best coach in Europe.  To beat this Madrid team in a two legged tie with the talent disadvantage they are up against and not to mention another great coach is unreal.  Not to mention beating out both Madrid and Barca to the title.

Atletico looked bad in the first leg IMO but today they looked great.  I don't love the way they play but I love the effort and grit they play with.

Well deserved.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Atletico handle their business and win the Supercopa  Empty Re: Atletico handle their business and win the Supercopa

Post by Lex Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Another derby, another red card for Real Madrid
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Atletico handle their business and win the Supercopa  Empty Re: Atletico handle their business and win the Supercopa

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:01 am

Atletico are one of the most difficult teams to play against under Simeone.

Expecting them to lose very very few games all season. Mandzukic has been a great buy. Fits them so well.

Congrats to Ateltico for the trophy Thumbs up
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:13 am

Lex wrote:Another derby, another red card for Real Madrid
modric is such a badboy
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:14 am

Very very early. But how much of a chance do Atletico have of staying La Liga Champs?

If Di Maria goes and Luis Enrique sucks...why not?

Even if Di Maria stayed, started and Enrique is great..why not?

They dont look even an ounce less motivated.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:25 am

Unless Suarez is god amongst men they'll retain imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:27 am

Is Liverpool-ish form good enough?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:27 am

Probably. Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:30 am

Not that im predicting or expecting that by the way. No kids (Coutinho, Sterling etc) at Barca who just going to pass to him because he says so.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:37 am

I don’t think that will happen either. For Barca to improve on last year they will need Neymar to stay fit, Messi to do what he can and Suarez to do what's expected.

But right now I do think Atleti will retain, the team structure is still in place and they have signed players perfect for said structure.

That's more important than splashing money on superstars, neither Madrid or Barca have said structure. Madrid had it but are seemingly chucking it out the window.

Both Madrid and Barca have too many questions to be answered that Atletico don't.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:25 am

Somebody bring back that Jibbers thread that asks if Real Madrid will be the first team to win 6 trophies in a year Smile
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:25 am

Griezmann looked to fit hand in glove into that team. His finishing today was for lack of a better word bad but he is a good finisher or provider in the final third.

Once he gets used to the system and the other players he is going to be an absolute star. They way they play there was so much room for him to operate, room he never got at Sociedad. I had been saying for a couple years now I never understood why Arsenal never bought him as he seems like a Wenger signing.

Also Atletico wasn't hitting there counter attacks like you saw last year and once everyone gets accustomed to playing with each other they are gong to be a nightmare to play against especially in the CL in a two legged affair.

And lastly, hands down Gabi and Raul Garcia are two of the most underrated players in the world.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:26 am

I think Gabi and Tiago are getting old, and adding another strong aggressive midfielder would help them allot as the season is very long and demanding. They will be even scarier once Turan returns.

Imagine if Mascherano was in that midfield!
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:35 am

It was only the Super Cup so I doubt we were motivated to win it, because if we were, we would have beaten Atletico imo. Also we need Di Maria. No one on the team can offer what he does.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:41 am

Yohan Modric wrote:It was only the Super Cup so I doubt we were motivated to win it, because if we were, we would have beaten Atletico imo. Also we need Di Maria. No one on the team can offer what he does.

that's bullshit. we should have won it anyway, anywhere, anytime. Bale cost more than their entire freaking team
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:01 am

Yohan Modric wrote:It was only the Super Cup so I doubt we were motivated to win it, because if we were, we would have beaten Atletico imo. Also we need Di Maria. No one on the team can offer what he does.

I don't get the "motivated" argument. Fact is both Real and Barca struggle to score against Atletico, they are that good and organized. How about you just give them some props for being able to whoop up on both of our butts these last few seasons.

Well done Atletico
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:14 am

Bale costing more than Atletico doesn't mean anything imo. It's the tactics and team chemistry that matter.

Atletico are a good team defensively and they do deserve credit, however it's clear we're going to be motivated in a CL final compared to a super cup game. The intensity we showed in the CL final wasn't there tonight.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:03 am

It's a derby if your players aren't motivated to win it despite the rivalry then that's sad

And cl final is a horrible example considering you were 2 mins away from losing it
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:46 am

lol they play the old italian style football, and they get loved and respected for it.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:49 am

Nobody loves them! Razz
But they do respect them. Alot of my friends who don't watch Laliga didn't understand my resentment for Atletico's way of play, until they met them/saw them in last year's CL. It's thuggery, not football, but it does gives them results, so kudos to them.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:13 am

What other choice do they have? They don't have 10% of purchase power of the big guns, they don't earn nearly as much as them, hell they can't even prevent their best players leaving to lesser English teams. Yet you want them to play tiki-taka with Tiago playing in midfield? Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:23 am

Yeah, I agree. Was a lack of motivation. Ronaldo just started punching Godín out of sheer disinterest and boredom.

Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:33 am

danyjr wrote:What other choice do they have? They don't have 10% of purchase power of the big guns, they don't earn nearly as much as them, hell they can't even prevent their best players leaving to lesser English teams. Yet you want them to play tiki-taka with Tiago playing in midfield? Laughing

You're talking as if they only switch on their thugs mentality against the bigger team, they play like this even against relegation candidate, I just can't watch them play, they rely on provoking emotions, rather than footballing abilities (even "negative" defensive/aggressive ones aka:Mou).

Alot of teams play good football, on tight budgets, without thuggery, both Dortmund clubs managed it in recent years, Villareal also went very close too, and I'm sure there are others as well in other leagues that I don't pay attention to. And didn't Inter win the treble with a squad with an average transfer tag of 5mill. 7.5mill if you don't count the ones from the academy? ( oh, and they actually made 8 millions in transfers the summer before their treble.)

And I never wanted them to play Tiki-taka, they can play as aggressive as they want, I just resent the the thuggery and the dirty plays, Sevilla few years ago, were very, very aggressive, yet they weren't thugs like Costa, and Raul Garcia, and the lot. I've never seen a dirtier team.

But said I said before, kudos to them, it gets them result. I just stated how I, and several people I know (who even watch other leagues) dislike them, but respect them.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:50 am

Kuru wrote:
danyjr wrote:What other choice do they have? They don't have 10% of purchase power of the big guns, they don't earn nearly as much as them, hell they can't even prevent their best players leaving to lesser English teams. Yet you want them to play tiki-taka with Tiago playing in midfield? Laughing

You're talking as if they only switch on their thugs mentality against the bigger team, they play like this even against relegation candidate, I just can't watch them play, they rely on provoking emotions, rather than footballing abilities (even "negative" defensive/aggressive ones aka:Mou).

Alot of teams play good football, on tight budgets, without thuggery, both Dortmund clubs managed it in recent years, Villareal also went very close too, and I'm sure there are others as well in other leagues that I don't pay attention to. And didn't Inter win the treble with a squad with an average transfer tag of 5mill. 7.5mill if you don't count the ones from the academy? ( oh, and they actually made 8 millions in transfers the summer before their treble.)

And I never wanted them to play Tiki-taka, they can play as aggressive as they want, I just resent the the thuggery and the dirty plays, Sevilla few years ago, were very, very aggressive, yet they weren't thugs like Costa, and Raul Garcia, and the lot. I've never seen a dirtier team.

But said I said before, kudos to them, it gets them result. I just stated how I, and several people I know (who even watch other leagues) dislike them, but respect them.

To be fair, off the ball they are thugs. But they do play some nice stuff on the ball, they're an underrated passing team.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:02 pm

I agree, for a dirty stinking team, they can play really good football and play it often too. They are just a dirty stinking team. Reminds me of the old Valencia sometimes.

Also, Real Madrid players were motivated. Just beaten by a more organised team. Nothing new under the sun honestly.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next