The PSG project

4 posters

Go down

The PSG project Empty The PSG project

Post by sportsczy Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:53 pm

Coming along nicely. Ups and downs to start the season... but overall, the identity of the team is emerging. Motta in the midfield and Lavezzi missed the first 2 1/2 months of the season... now that they're in, you can see they were missed. One adds speed and width while the other stabilizes the midfield.

Carlo is doing a very good job and showing class the whole way.

Watching Silva and Ibra every game has made me realize how great these two players are. I'm a Madrid fan primarily and i can tell you that neither Pepe nor Ramos are in Silva's league. Also, CR7 has nothing on Ibra.

With Lucas Moura coming in, it should get even more exciting.

The top of Ligue 1 has Marseille, Lyon and PSG tied in points. I don't see any of them falling off that much. So it's up to PSG to win it because the league won't give it to them. I also have a soft spot for Lorient, but i doubt they jump into the fray.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

The PSG project Empty Re: The PSG project

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:19 am

It kind of feels...almost soothing to not be the only one who has to defend Carlo and PSG's project every damn week whether on chat or GS. Your post was wonderfully said and silences the critics of Carlo and PSG along with the ones criticize whilst not even watching the Ligue 1.

Carlo has to share some blame for the somewhat rough ride as his tendency for perfectionism cost him all too much in the sense that he wasn't content with sticking to what works and scrapped his plans and tactics all too many times. While thats a sign of his long-term thinking it has cost him quite a few points. Luckily he has slowly addressed the lack of width and found a balanced formation (4-4-1-1) which suits the teams strengths and essentially minimizes their weakness (fullbacks especially) as since the eventful Porto CL group winner, that has been the turning point of PSG based on many factors as they haven't even conceded a goal since then along with scoring over 9 goals.

PSG also have the 2nd best defensive record in all of Europe after Bayern Munich. Mind boggling considering the quality of their fullbacks.

All in all the team is finding balance and some of that individual consistency which was missing as Carletto's greatest feat was putting faith in his least consistent players and having them bloom in form. Menez has gone to being a joke to a vital key component to PSG's width, Pastore is relevant now, Sakho has found Carlo's faith while Lavezzi after his rough start has formed a telepathic partnership with Ibra. Silva has finally found his ground after his injuries and has done well to captain PSG (Perfect man to raise Sakho ala Nesta-Silva). Motta's return has done wonders to anchor the overrun midfield as his work in tandem with the combative Matudi is excellent. Only problem is Verrati who was absolutely brilliant throughout the season, has slightly burnt out from focusing on too many defensive duties as Carlo needs to carefully find the kids form once again. Even then Verrati continues to shine when subbed on.

Common excuse is "Oh its only Ligue 1" but when I hear that I automatically know that the critic doesn't view the league which has bloomed freakishly fast over the past 4-5 years. Its truly a wonderful league to watch as the young managers with fresh ideas are constantly innovating, using youth, applying modernized tactics while building excellent teams. League goes beyond just the big 3 as look at Lorient, Toulouse, Bordeux and my personal fav outside PSG and Lorient, St. Ettienne.

Silva is the best CB in the world no doubt while I've been saying Ibra is superior to CR for quite some while for club and country. Finally this forum is willing to listen as there's no limit to what he can do. 19 goals in 8 assists for PSG so far while playing a creative role. Brilliant. Remind you of a player in Madrid?

Lucas coming in should address lack of pace in the final third as it'll be interesting to see whether he is playing directly as in inside forward, wide forward or on the wing yet I don't see Carletto implementing him so drastically within PSG's plans as of yet until next year. Lucas will need time to adapt to the Ligue 1.

I really hope the owners stick by their long term project role and keep faith in Leonardo and Carlo as sacking either one of them would be disastrous especially when considering Mourinho is on the horizon. Would make me sick.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:12 am

Mourinho was the top target until recently... If PSG win Ligue 1, no change will be made. That much is clear. After finishing 2nd last year, it was clear from the start that it was either being on top of heads would get chopped off. It's not like this is a surprise requirement.

As far as possible replacements... Pep Guardiola is actually the #1 target regardless of what you're hearing. Wenger is a close #2 because he is French. Mou is the last resort as of right now because PSG is very worried about international PR and Mou's impact on that.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:Mourinho was the top target until recently... If PSG win Ligue 1, no change will be made. That much is clear. After finishing 2nd last year, it was clear from the start that it was either being on top of heads would get chopped off. It's not like this is a surprise requirement.

As far as possible replacements... Pep Guardiola is actually the #1 target regardless of what you're hearing. Wenger is a close #2 because he is French. Mou is the last resort as of right now because PSG is very worried about international PR and Mou's impact on that.

Sports I do not possess your extraordinary information on PSG or anything French regarding the future Razz but It would be appreciated if you share them with me (us) from time to time.

I'm glad that clown Mourinho isn't being considered as Guardiola would truly be interesting. Yet for many reasons I don't see him going to PSG.

Nor do I Wenger as after Arsenal I see him retiring since the great man is just beyond fatigued and doesn't have that zest and passion that he once used to. He is......"jaded". Probably would take a directorial role but that's more like for FFF than PSG maybe. I could be wrong.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 pm

I fear that if Carlo fails it will be Mou by default because Pep and Wenger will say no... that's my biggest fear.

if you thought Mou and Spanish is like water and oil... Mou and French culture :facepalm: There isn't crazy hate for PSG in France because most people respect Leo and Carlo. That would change quickly.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

sportsczy wrote:I fear that if Carlo fails it will be Mou by default because Pep and Wenger will say no... that's my biggest fear.

if you thought Mou and Spanish is like water and oil... Mou and French culture :facepalm: There isn't crazy hate for PSG in France because most people respect Leo and Carlo. That would change quickly.

I wouldn't even bother tuning in to PSG any more if he joined.

I can 100% understand how there will be a disparity of respect between Mourinho and the Parisian/French Media as he faced the same thing in Italia where he was ridiculed and disrespected out of his lack of class, respect and uncultured behaviour since its a norm to have those traits within the country. The French are raised with exact same principle and values as you know.

I truly hope the Qatari owners treat this as a long term project as promised and not pull a blind move out of their ass for short term requisites.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:11 pm

Unfortunately Arqi, the PSG owners themselves just confirmed that Mou and CR7 are objectives of the club... this may be regardless of success. FFS!
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:18 pm

why would mou want to go to ligue 1? rofl

nothing to worry about, the best coach in the world wont go to coach a french club, maybe in a decade or so he can join a club just for money
its not worth it yet

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:20 pm

I pray that Mou thinks like you lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:21 pm

i can totally see how psg would appeal to mourinho.

about as much money and power any manager can ask for
already a very good team
new challenge, new league to conquer/add to resume
has a team that can easy win the league (or should) so he can focus on CL which he is proven at.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down