McAgger
Mr Nick09
Zealous
FalcaoPunch
Casciavit
88 posters

Page 23 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid - Page 23 Empty Re: Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:46 am

CBarca wrote:
Doc wrote:cBarca must have been blind, unaware, completely ignorant or a mixture of all 3 to not have notice the various complaints about this transfer. But due to our bias tendencies with the clubs we cheer/love, RM fans are trying to see the silver lining in this extremely silly transfer.

But hey, we read what we wanna read and see what we wanna see. And Mathieu is a good signing, may not be the ideal signing but still a good signing...

No I can understand that, but that doesn't mean you lot aren't trying your hardest to make this a brilliant transfer anyway.

Take for example Cesc or Song on the other hand. Barca fans didn't celebrate either and derailed both, I can't remember anybody really being too happy about either coming. Hell Mathieu is a good signing, but we're still complaining about the price (and rightly so).

Madrid fans for the most part here on the other hand have either been supportive from the start or aware of its faults but u turning on the issue and becoming as supportive as the others. Both are trying hard to make it sound a good transfer, and therein lies the comment Franchise made which i agreed with.
tad ridiculous if you ask me. it doesnt matter if we likes this signing or not right now, a simple reality is that he is a madrid player now, and he deserves fair treatment. there is no reason not to support him and to hope that he does well, because that means he will contribute to the team success in general which is what matters first and foremost.So yeah, of course i am going to be supportive of him, even if i dont like us selling di maria. you judge players on what the do for you, not on what you think they will or can do. you need to grow up lol

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid - Page 23 Empty Re: Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:00 am

I think James will be great for us. He has that creativity we got from Ozil/DiMaria, however I don't know if he will be able to track back as well as DiMaria and he is a work in progress rather than on their level. I don't know if the club has patience to wait for him. If we play a 4-3-3 I hope he plays in midfield. Imagine a midfield of Modric-Alonso-Kroos Laughing must be the slowest midfield on earth and one with no creativity
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:21 am

no creativity? what are you talking about?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:00 am

None of those can create goal scoring chances for shet. I can guarantee you all of those three combined will have less assists than Dimaria had last season. I feel sorry for Ronaldo and Bale if we opt for that midfield. The guys are going to be starved of chances. Kroos apart from his long balls/shots is not better than Isco, hence one of the reasons why I didn't want him and Modric/Alonso we have already seen. I am glad it is James coming and not someone else
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:20 am

In what universe can Kroos, Mordic and Alonso NOT create chances? Were you dropped as a child or do you not watch football?
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:34 am

I actually like Modric-Alonso-Kroos midfield quite a bit... it's very nice. All 3 are very gifted passers and Modric is a great dribbler to boot.

But James is going to start somewhere lol. So someone is going to have to pay the price out fo those 3 and there's no way it will be Modric. I think it will come down to either Alonso or Kroos.

Preseason won't show anything. After the preseason last year, i don't care if we win every game 10-0... i refuse to be fooled Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:40 am

Isco fooled me last preseason
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:41 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:Isco fooled me last preseason

the hype was over the top
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:45 am

Isco is still a very good player, playing for madrid is just not as easy as you lots expect. and when you expect 21 yo kids to have it all figured out tactically and mentally to handle the charge and demands that we impose, it's normal that you feel disappointed. He is still quite a fantastic talent that's maturing and adding to his game.

anyway, James is a good player, and i hope he will do good in madrid. It doesnt change the fact that we are letting a better player walk but i knew we wouldnt match psg's wage offer.

Just dont turn your back on James when he has bad games, or Kroos for that matter because those bad games are coming. those moments when they shoot as opposed to pass, when they gloryhunt to feed their own legend as opposed to think of the team in general. Because one way or another they have to justify why they are on the pitch and indirectly it leads to those moments.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:47 am

Cringeworthy stuff
Actually waited for the cue to kiss the badge, and I swear if I ever see another Madrid presentation where a fan jumps the barrier, but as they are being carried away, the superstar steps in and gives them a hug and saves the day.
Horrible stuff

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:52 am

so wait, you were actually watching the presentation? rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:31 am

By the way, I just realized Benzizou's place in the team may be under threat. James at Fake 9 could be an option next season, especially if that fraud Isco got his fair share of games in that position.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:33 am

Still can't believe we signed him. Paying €80m due to WC hype for someone who we clearly didn't need.

Now we're going to sell Di Maria, who was one of our most important players last season and switch to a 4-2-3-1, when 4-3-3 worked fine. Just doesn't make sense.

Perez should allow the fans a say in terms of who the club signs.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:36 am

how hard is it to understand what happened? for the nth time, James signing because Di Maria asked to go and we refused to match the huge offer he got from PSG.

If Di Maria doesnt aggressively pushes for a move this signing doesnt happen.

whether signing james to replace di maria was the right play is another argument of course.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:37 am

Ronaldo James Bale
Snooze Alonso Modric
Marcelo Pepe Varane Carvajal
Iker

"Toni Snooze" better catch on by the way. Most perfect nickname ever. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:38 am

If Perez truly valued Di Maria, he would have given him whatever salary he wanted, instead of spending €80m on someone who we didn't need.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:40 am

Yohan Modric wrote:If Perez truly valued Di Maria, he would have given him whatever salary he wanted, instead of spending €80m on someone who we didn't need.
yeah, it doesnt quite work like that... Di Maria did deserve a wage increase, but what he was asking was too much.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:43 am

Wouldn't Di Maria be making more than Bale, Casillas, and Benzema if he got what he wanted?

Di Maria's best time here in Madrid out his what 2-3 seasons was essentially at the turn of the new year (2014).

If he had stayed at RW (had we not signed bale) it would be an absolute joke for him to ask for 8 million a year.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:51 am

How much did Di Maria want? Anything around €6-7m makes sense for someone who was one of our top 3 players last season.

Isn't Rodriguez getting around that?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:57 am

Di Maria is asking 8 mil per Di Marzio, i have seen 9-10 mil figures per LEquipe. James is earning 5 mil net, which is right into our wage structure
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:01 am

I'm sure both the club and Di Maria could have settled on a salary of around €6-7m. At the end of the day the club have to do whatever they can to keep someone who's vital to the team functioning.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:44 am

Unfortunately Perez brings fans to the club and most of these fans are... for lack of a better phrase, footballing noobs...
They just bought FIFA14 on their Xbox Ones and, in career mode James got to 88 in one season...
If that's not proof enough of how good he is, he was a revelation in a few games at the world cup.
Meanwhile, Di Maria only got to 84 on FIFA, and obviously an 88 is better than an 84.

The club has been run by the logic of retarded fans for years...
Hierro, Makalele, Robben, Sneijder...
All of these guys were considered expendable when the David Beckhams and Kakas were brought in to take their place... Because, where Beckham lacks work-rate and midfield grit, he makes up for it in marketability... Plus, he may be almost 40, but FIFA says he's still an 82...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:53 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Di Maria is asking 8 mil per Di Marzio, i have seen 9-10 mil figures per LEquipe. James is earning 5 mil net, which is right into our wage structure

rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:23 am

Kroos Alonso Modric Proud

My opinion, I think one of the BBC will pick up an injury and James will cover.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:27 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Still can't believe we signed him. Paying €80m due to WC hype for someone who we clearly didn't need.

Now we're going to sell Di Maria, who was one of our most important players last season and switch to a 4-2-3-1, when 4-3-3 worked fine. Just doesn't make sense.

Perez should allow the fans a say in terms of who the club signs.

New.Toy.Shiny.

hope that helps you understand a little. Thumbs up
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:15 pm

I will say this for people complaining that it means Di Maria is gone...James will be better than Di Maria ever was. Maybe not this year, but it will happen. He's a genius. I wouldn't be complaining when the only real change (so far) to my team is that I replaced one World Class player (Di Maria) with two players who are/could be just as good if not better (Kroos, James).

GK (Navas?)
Carvajal - Ramos - Varane - Marcelo
Kroos - Modric
Bale - James - Ronaldo
Benzema

I assume RM will line up like this? Must be nice, being able to complain about that haha.

Also Sagna and Carvajal might be comparable right now, but Sagna wouldn't walk into RM for that reason. Carvajal is just as good (if not better), and is still young and improving.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 33  Next