McAgger
Mr Nick09
Zealous
FalcaoPunch
Casciavit
88 posters

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next

Go down

Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid - Page 24 Empty Re: Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid

Post by Curtinho Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:15 pm

I will say this for people complaining that it means Di Maria is gone...James will be better than Di Maria ever was. Maybe not this year, but it will happen. He's a genius. I wouldn't be complaining when the only real change (so far) to my team is that I replaced one World Class player (Di Maria) with two players who are/could be just as good if not better (Kroos, James).

GK (Navas?)
Carvajal - Ramos - Varane - Marcelo
Kroos - Modric
Bale - James - Ronaldo
Benzema

I assume RM will line up like this? Must be nice, being able to complain about that haha.

Also Sagna and Carvajal might be comparable right now, but Sagna wouldn't walk into RM for that reason. Carvajal is just as good (if not better), and is still young and improving.

Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid - Page 24 Empty Re: Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid

Post by Glory Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:22 pm

real fans will be angry now if they dont shell out 80 m on someone come next transfer window. Making it a habit , making them spoilt, bloody Flo Perez Mad
wonder who is going to be their next golden boy hmm

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:27 pm

El Cujo wrote:I will say this for people complaining that it means Di Maria is gone...James will be better than Di Maria ever was. Maybe not this year, but it will happen. He's a genius. I wouldn't be complaining when the only real change (so far) to my team is that I replaced one World Class player (Di Maria) with two players who are/could be just as good if not better (Kroos, James).

GK (Navas?)
Carvajal - Ramos - Varane - Marcelo
Kroos - Modric
Bale - James - Ronaldo
Benzema

I assume RM will line up like this? Must be nice, being able to complain about that haha.

Also Sagna and Carvajal might be comparable right now, but Sagna wouldn't walk into RM for that reason. Carvajal is just as good (if not better), and is still young and improving.

Thing is 4-3-3 was working fine for us last season, so why fix what's not broken? Plus with Ronaldo at LW, who's going to track back? With the 4-3-3 Di Maria tracked back on the left.

Also how will Kroos and Modric work? With the 4-3-3 Alonso, Modric and Di Maria worked because it was a 3 man midfield and both Di Maria and Modric were hard workers.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:33 pm

Just because a player is young doesn't mean they'll improve by any great margin

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:38 pm

Apparently the fee for Rodriguez was €90m plus addons, according to RMC. Third most expensive in history.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:52 pm

don't worry MT their shirt sales will make up for it.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by cyberman Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:54 pm

Biggest myth in football
They sell the same amount of shirts as us and we sign fellani and Ashley young..

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:41 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Because Di Maria wanted us to match the 8 mil net per year offer he got from PSG, and we said no. Conveniently, James started beasting in the WC. James is making 5 mil net, you can see the difference...

You've fallen right into Marca's trap Proud

The Madrid media starting pushing for James waaay before Di Maria requested a new salary, if that rumor is even true.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:51 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Because Di Maria wanted us to match the 8 mil net per year offer he got from PSG, and we said no. Conveniently, James started beasting in the WC. James is making 5 mil net, you can see the difference...

You've fallen right into Marca's trap Proud

The Madrid media starting pushing for James waaay before Di Maria requested a new salary, if that rumor is even true.
no, not really. look at this article from EC http://www.elconfidencial.com/deportes/futbol/liga/2014-05-10/la-juventus-quiere-fichar-a-di-maria-al-que-pondria-en-los-5-millones-de-euros-de-sueldo_128274/

that was in may and already mentioning the fact that Di Maria was asking for more wages, which the club didnt like since he had renewed a year ago, and Mendes was shopping him around, at juventus at the time.

i do agree with you however that AS and Marca both started pounding on Di Maria around the same time, that was the beginning of the public lashing. Conveniently enough, James was also pushed forward as a response. it was a rather nasty campaign i might say.

But the idea that Di Maria was already pushing for more wages, was nothing new, as you can see from the article above, since Mendes even brought the club an offer in january and we said no.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:07 am

Nick, okay he was reported to want a raise, but I very much doubt he said "I will accept nothing less than 8m a year" as he is being currently portrayed. He is not that arrogant.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:13 am

what happened in between i dont know. i dont know if we offered anything, or if we were outright stubborn and told him to jog on (probably the second one). His relationship with madrid over his wages have been really bad all along so i am not surprised if there are lingering feelings. But 8 mil net is pretty juicy no matter how you look at it... when DI Marzio reported that was what he was asking i pretty much knew we would never match that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:08 am

Anyone know if James will be part of the squad for the US tour?
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:16 am

Saw something about him apparently joining up with the squad on 1st August.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:55 pm

345.000 shirts sold in 48 hours

7000 pr hour

Dat shiny toy
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:24 pm

Income from shirt sales is more than €40m, according to CNN. It will be split between adidas and Real Madrid.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:29 pm

Official: James Rodriguez to Real Madrid - Page 24 Ad_141522349

James :bow: could pay for the transfer fee by the next transfer window.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:33 pm

While it isn't anywhere as simple as that, kinda shocked that so much has been sold (assuming that reported is true) so quickly.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:35 pm

I would be very skeptical that RM get 50% of the revenues. Probably 50% of the profits, whatever those may be.

Can I also get a source for the amount of shirts being sold?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:38 pm

Was that pie chart made by crimson? xD
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:42 pm

We have sold James shirts for about 40m€ and Real get 30% which is about 12-13m€. So we've made 12-13m€ on shirt sales in a very short amount of time.
Those numbers are from CNN.
There has been sold 405.000 shirts in total.
Ronaldo sold 1m shirts last year.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:43 pm

Rodriguez turning out to be a huge draw. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:34 pm

its pretty obvious Colombians and mainly casuals are probably buying those shirts due to the hype, flo Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:03 pm

So I did a bit of research and found that according to the Swiss Ramble Barca makes 12 euros per shirt sold. Since I have no RM info to go on I will assume they make a similar profit.

Another thing to keep in mind is how many of these shirt sales can be attributed to James signing and how many people were going to purchase the shirts anyway? If the people that are purchasing the James shirts would've bought a Bale or Ronaldo one anyway then his signing can't really take credit for that. I have no hard numbers for this but for the sake of argument let's say that half the people that bought a James shirt would've bought a RM shirt anyway.

So 400,000 (shirts sold) * 12 euros (profit to the club per shirt sold) * 1/2 (new shirt sales attributed to James signing) = 2,400,000

Hardly paying himself off...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:20 pm

It's always a good sign when fans try to soothe their doubts about a signing by telling themselves the shirt sales will make it up to the club rofl

I remember doing the same when we bought Ali Karimi hmm
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:21 pm

this shirt profit myth could only be brought up by Madrid fans rofl
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:37 pm

stop acting like a noob donuts, as long as a team is successful, shirts will sell and the player will eventually pay back at least 50-75 % of their transfer but hey lets act only the silly madrid think this :facepalm:
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 33 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 33  Next