McAgger
BeautifulGame
iftikhar
29 posters

Page 34 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Summer of 2014: Part 2 - Page 34 Empty Re: Summer of 2014: Part 2

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:29 pm

"We also met Liverpool's asking price on Assaidi. That deal fell down on personal terms."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11701/9430908/transfer-news-stoke-had-agreed-fees-for-nathan-redmond-and-oussama-assaidi

smh Assaidi.

Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Nishy wrote:Suarez is gone RA, He's not coming back.

Yeah, Mario will replace.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:41 pm

No one is replacing him, The same way we can't replace Torres or Alonso or Masch in what they offered to the squad.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:48 pm

Don't call me James wrote:If everything works out the way we want it. This window will be the best in our clubs history ffs.

Some fantastic work done by Ayre and the committee. Mightily impressed even though I was throwing a hissy fit at the beginning of the window Laughing
no, no. just no
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 22, 2014 4:55 pm

Okay, Clearly there are two sides while analyzing this window, Only time will tell who's right.

Anyways,

The rumors during the start of the window was 60m pounds, Which of the players ( Both the ones we have signed or some other player who's been transferred this window) would you have signed, Assuming Suarez stayed, Include the other sales ( about 5m pounds ).

Try to be realistic dont include players like Fabregas, Sanchez who clearly would not have joined us.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:01 pm

Comparing just the ones we have signed i would go for

Can, Lovren, Moreno. Still have round about 10m left.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:32 pm

I'm sure we've all read this but

Liverpool FC have warned Mario Balotelli he must agree to clean up his act if he’s going to complete a £16million move to Anfield from AC Milan.

Chief executive Ian Ayre met with the Italian striker’s agent Mino Raiola on Thursday evening as the Reds seek guarantees about his attitude and behaviour.

Raiola arrived at the club's city centre offices for talks after Liverpool’s negotiations with the Serie A outfit reached a swift and successful conclusion.

The meeting was described by an Anfield source as “productive” and the discussions are scheduled to continue on Friday.

There are currently no plans for Balotelli to fly into the UK but the indications are that assurances about his conduct won't be a stumbling block.

Despite ruling out the prospect of signing Balotelli earlier this month, the transfer has the full backing of Brendan Rodgers, who is convinced the fee represents smart business.

However, before proceeding with the deal, the manager is keen to ensure that Balotelli is willing to buy into the culture he has created at Anfield.

The former Manchester City frontman’s disciplinary problems – both on and off the field – have been well documented and Rodgers doesn’t want anything to disrupt Liverpool’s team spirit.

Balotelli has infuriated his former bosses at times with a lack of effort in both training and matches and Rodgers has made it clear that simply won’t be tolerated at Anfield.

It has been spelt out to Raiola exactly what is expected of Balotelli with clauses in his contract outlining financial penalties if he steps out of line.

Mario BalotelliMario Balotelli
If those terms are agreed to then Balotelli will travel to Merseyside over the next 48 hours to meet Rodgers face to face and undergo a medical.

Balotelli won’t be registered in time to face his former club Man City at the Etihad Stadium on Monday night.

Rodgers’ change of stance on Balotelli is down to the Reds’ failure to land other striking options and also Milan’s asking price.

Earlier in the summer they were quoting clubs £25million for the 24-year-old but have now accepted £16million.

At that price the manager believes it’s a gamble worth taking and the club’s owners believe Rodgers can get the best out of Balotelli like he has done with the likes of Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge.

If the Balotelli deal goes through then Liverpool are unlikely to follow up their interest in Samuel Eto’o, who is a free agent after leaving Chelsea.

Speaking ahead of the Reds’ friendly clash with AC Milan in America earlier this month, Rodgers said: “Balotelli is a big talent.

“I saw that in this time at Inter Milan as a young player and obviously going to Manchester City when we had a real close eye on him there.

“He’s got all the qualities. He’s 6ft 3ins, he’s quick, his touch is terrific and he can score goals.

“He went back to Italy to play and he’s still so young. If his focus is right, his concentration is right and he leads the lifestyle of a top player then he can play for any team in the world.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-demand-promises-balotelli-7654697
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:55 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:If everything works out the way we want it. This window will be the best in our clubs history ffs.

Some fantastic work done by Ayre and the committee. Mightily impressed even though I was throwing a hissy fit at the beginning of the window Laughing
no, no. just no

Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:45 am

EE and RA hating on Lallana and Markovic before they've even kicked a ball for us Laughing

modern day fans.....far cry from the 70s sadly.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:19 am

Can, Markovic and Balotelli are the only
deals I'm happy with. Super happy with Mario. Sitting on the fence with More o.

Please tell me how the 70s was man. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:55 am

It was a less privileged age I would imagine. All I ever see people doing these days is complaining and the internet gives any idiot or malcontent the platform to do it.

Very exciting summer. Balotelli, Origi and Markovic are my favourite signings, but Lallana, Lovren, Can, Moreno and Manquillo are good signings also. The only one I'm not too high on is Lambert, but he's fluff so it really doesn't bother me and he cost next to nothing.

I have no idea how an actual LFC fan wouldn't be happy with this transfer window, but maybe I just prefer being optimistic.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:36 pm

for the first time, the 'half glass empty-man' of our section is happy and you guys need gtfo his back right now.
Lets celebrate 22nd/23rd August like
'half glass full day' cheers

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:51 pm

To be absolutely honest, I'm pretty amazed (impressed) by our dealings during this window (though I'm one who is most weary of Balotelli). All that's needed now is to off-load some players in remaining days:

1. Toure
2. Coates (loan)
3. Assaidi
4. Suso (loan)
5. Borini
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:54 pm

Toure will be staying and Agger leaving for fairly obvious reasons while even if Coates only leaves on long it will merely be prolonging the inevitable final departure.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:46 am

Natalie Portman wrote:EE and RA hating on Lallana and Markovic before they've even kicked a ball for us Laughing

I'm not hating.. am I not gonna be pleased if they do well for us? Lallana is expected to perform straightaway but I sadly don't see that happening. Markovic won't be an integral part of our team this season at least by the likes of it.. we'll see how it goes. A lot of our new signings are either young or inexperienced at the highest level (or both) which is never good.

We have lost a huge asset this season so this window is never going to be the best one we have had in our club's history. I know it is an exaggeration, but still.. this window has been nothing special to be going crazy about.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:07 am

EE I think you will be surprised how quickly Lazar, Emre, and Manquillo will start performing and helping us.

Lallana, Lovren, and Moreno are expected and I think will perform straight away to the starting caliber we have bought them for.

Balotelli I think will star.

Lambert for 4m is the really the only player that will probably spend most of the time on the bench and we won't see great productivity from him but he's been brought in for depth and option B.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:43 am

Don't call me James wrote:It's risky to go into the season with just a 34 year old Gerrard, Can, Hendo, and Allen as CMs when we might play 50+ games. With Lucas we are fine at the moment but should he leave I'd hope a replacement DM is in order.

Like BG said we've also been linked with a back up keeper all summer so wouldn't be surprised if we got someone on the cheap here.

Otherwise if Lucas stays and we don't find any reasonably talented/cheap back up Gks then once Mario is completed I think we'll be done in terms of incoming transfers.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:57 am

Btw, I see no mention of the various reports that have been around for 24 hours at least already, that we are on stand-by to sign Eto'o... Some saying it's only a back-up plan if the Balotelli deal collapses, others saying we're signing both of them anyway... I know I don't want Eto'o at Liverpool.

What comes to this window and how good it's been, well, difficult to say. However, what does bother me a bit is that we have not signed a "sure hit", truly a star player. Lallana, Markovic, Can, Balotelli, Lovren, Moreno... these are all players that may have it in them to do good for us, but there's no guarantee. They might just as well flop. Whereas Chelsea signing Fabregas (and Costa), Arsenal signing Sanchez, if ManU manage to sign Di Maria... these are the kind of star signings with unquestionable quality that I would have liked to see us make in a window in which we lost one of the best players in the world.

The lot we've signed are sure to be better than the ones we brought in last summer and that's good, but whether any of them turn out to be absolutely top quality and better what we already had, that remains to be seen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:15 am

@Art  Cool 

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-ends-interest-samuel-etoo-7664165
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:08 am

Thank goodness.

I like the fact that Balotelli is apparently taking a pay-cut. Should mean that his motivation will be right.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:09 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:EE and RA hating on Lallana and Markovic before they've even kicked a ball for us Laughing

I'm not hating.. am I not gonna be pleased if they do well for us? Lallana is expected to perform straightaway but I sadly don't see that happening. Markovic won't be an integral part of our team this season at least by the likes of it.. we'll see how it goes. A lot of our new signings are either young or inexperienced at the highest level (or both) which is never good.

We have lost a huge asset this season so this window is never going to be the best one we have had in our club's history. I know it is an exaggeration, but still.. this window has been nothing special to be going crazy about.

QFT
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:21 am

Art Morte wrote:Thank goodness.

I like the fact that Balotelli is apparently taking a pay-cut. Should mean that his motivation will be right.

He took a massive pay cut from City to Milan, too.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:33 am

Rafa taking advantage of us in the market again.

2m Euro loan fee for Lucas Leiva with a clause to make it permanent for 10m Euros. Proud (Watch him reach his old form again when playing in his best position.)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:36 am

yeah everyone needs to fap for it if he does that in Serie ZzZ

Btw, I dont want to lose Lucas, he is the best replacement we have after Gerrard in that deep position :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:39 am

Btw, talking about this window, we are just trying to be improved version of Benfica/Porto in England :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:13 pm

James Pearce - Liverpool Echo wrote:

Anfield sources insist the Reds have not received any offers for Lucas.

Reports in Italy have suggested that the Brazilian midfielder is on the brink of joining Napoli on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rodgers-says-liverpool-ready-challenge-7665955
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next