McAgger
BeautifulGame
iftikhar
29 posters

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next

Go down

Summer of 2014: Part 2 - Page 6 Empty Re: Summer of 2014: Part 2

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:33 am

Rodgers is pondering declaring an interest in Swansea City forward Wilfried Bony and is also monitoring the situation of Queens Park Rangers’ Loic Remy. Both are believed to have contracts that contain buy-out clauses.

With a deal for Sevilla’s Alfredo Moreno having reached an impasse, the Reds have started to assess alternative left-back targets.

Swansea defender Ben Davies, a 21-year-old Wales international, is among those being considered.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-carry-spending-lazar-7413958

That seems to suggest we're still a long way off from even making a bid for either Bony or Remy. An inquiry about a player is also a far step from actually bidding. It's still far, FAR from certain that we'll actually move for Bony or Remy so personally I'll hold off on getting bothered about it until such a time. Too much wasted energy on fretting and complaining about moves that never actually materialise for me, to be honest... I can't keep up and the pace you all keep up wears me out.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:08 am

Wisdom to WBA on loan [Mirror]
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:12 am

Natalie Portman wrote:If anyone expects a big signing, you'll be disappointed.

It's just not in our DNA to sign established WC players. At least not until we have a larger stadium and established CL presence.

so embrace it, so you won't be disappointed. Atleti nearly did the double this year in a much worse situation than us having lost their star striker. Relax, and have some faith.

Maybe we should change our DNA, eh?

We do make WC players. I'm not denying that.

Alonso, Torres, Suarez, Mascherano, the list can go on - there's quite a few. But look at all the silverware they've won... it's all came from different clubs. Alonso does have a CL next to his name, but he really should have a lot more. Mascherano and Torres went trophyless at Liverpool. Suarez only has a Carling Cup, which is a cup, but it's players don't dream about winning the CC.

We need to start buying established players. That's what everyone else does (I'm talking about the bigger teams here). Now I'm not saying go sign 10 world class players, far from it; you only really need 2-3 to genuinely compete. It's the system / consistent style of play that makes the team after you incorporate it around those 3 main players to become a world class team. You only really need the rest to do their role. Who from this current squad would you say is world class right now with Luis gone? I'd say Sterling, Sturridge, Sakho and Coutinho are the only prospects that can go on to be world class players in the near future, but I don't think we have any WC player at the club right now.

Last edited by Red Alert on Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the sakho)
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:14 am

Most established stars just don't want to come here. It's a two way street. Top players need to want to come here and they don't at the present.

Our best option is to sign young prodigies and hope they turn into stars with us. We need to solidify ourselves as top 4 regulars for the next 4-5 years and start winning some actual silverware before top players start seeing our true greatness again and want to come here.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:41 am

How do you know that if we're never interested in them?

We would have a massive pull factor considering Liverpool is a massive name around world football. And we're finally in the CL.

Anyway, not saying we shkuld stop to sign WC prospects like Torres, Sakho, Sturridge, Suarez etc but we need to adapt to modern day football and that does include signing top quality.

It's a never ending loop if we keep buying youngsters and hope they turn good. By the time they've got the experience / consistency they're pretty much out the door to leave for another team that actually wants silverware and the whole rebuilding stage starts again. Plus we'd turn into Arsenal if we do that... and we don't want that. They bought youngsters because they had debt, they've made 2 marquee signings since they've paid off that debt. We don't have that stadium debt to pay off; we may in the near future but we don't right now.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:10 am

The name of the club rarely matters to players when they're deciding where they want to go. It's the number of zeros in the paycheck and the location. For foreign players, Liverpool just isn't a desirable destination. London is already better.

That said, if we want a CF (Bony interest), might have gone for Mandzukic - we should certainly be able to compete with Atletico Madrid.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:24 am

Alonso, Torres, Suarez, Mascherano, the list can go on - there's quite a few. But look at all the silverware they've won...

#1. True, Alonso, Torres, Suarez & Mascherano attained their stardom playing for us. But we didn't buy any of those as raw talents. They were all established players and Liverpool gave them the final sheen.

#2. The reason we (and they) didn't win anything significant isn't because we didn't buy/replace them with world-class players but because we failed to improve the squad as a whole. Look at the players they (along with Gerrard, Carragher, Kuyt) had to play with: Aurelio, Insua, Degen, Benayoun, Babel, Ngog...

If we intend to improve upon our last season, we need a squad of 15-16 quality players; not just 2-3 super players. We stand more chance of winning things if we sign a pair at 30-35m each than splashing 60m on a single player.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:29 am

Markovic
Origi
Lovren
Moreno
Bony or Remy

Effectively sums the recent rumors. None of the names inspire with confidence. And considering we have lost our best player that is a little troublesome :facepalm:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:10 am

iftikhar wrote:
Alonso, Torres, Suarez, Mascherano, the list can go on - there's quite a few. But look at all the silverware they've won...

#1. True, Alonso, Torres, Suarez & Mascherano attained their stardom playing for us. But we didn't buy any of those as raw talents. They were all established players and Liverpool gave them the final sheen.

#2. The reason we (and they) didn't win anything significant isn't because we didn't buy/replace them with world-class players but because we failed to improve the squad as a whole. Look at the players they (along with Gerrard, Carragher, Kuyt) had to play with: Aurelio, Insua, Degen, Benayoun, Babel, Ngog...

If we intend to improve upon our last season, we need a squad of 15-16 quality players; not just 2-3 super players. We stand more chance of winning things if we sign a pair at 30-35m each than splashing 60m on a single player.

I agree with most of what you said.

Like I said before, I'm not against signing players that are destined to be world class. We bought Alonso, etc at a mature age and they were always going to be great. Not necessary world class per se, but great none the less.

We failed in 08/09 because a lack of depth. I think you're a bit harsh on Aurelio, Benayoun and Babel, considering they were great squad players, if Aurelio could remain fit he not only would of been in our starting XI but one of the best full backs in the world. Pity he was so injury prone. :\

This is different to that stage though. In 08/09 we simply just lacked depth. We have depth at the club right now; so I personally don't think you compare the two teams. If we intend to improve upon our last season, we need to stop signing kids. We, as of right now, just lack that extra needed quality. We also lack that experience. Suarez gone was a massive shot in the foot, that's going to drag us back for atleast a season, maybe even two.

So as of right now, I think we stand a better chance of splashing 40m on a single player than signing 2 kids that may or may not be good in the future mainly due to the depth at the club. At the end of the day, quality proves to be a lot better than signing quantity especially if you consider that we do actually have quantity at the club.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by edulfc Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:25 am

To be honest, I'm more interested in getting a solid left back and a very good box to box midfielder, than a striker as these are positions we are very much deficient in. I'm confident with sturridge being our main striker with lambert and aspas or borini coming in to give him a rest once in a while, because if they can't do that, then why the hell did we buy them?. So if we can't get anyone better than sturridge we should leave it as it is. I don't believe in buying players just for depth, its better to improve on the first team and the original first team becomes the depth.

edulfc
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:29 am

solid left back
 Thumbs up cheers :bow: 

a very good box to box midfielder
 scratch 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:00 am

WHO IS JAY RILEY? WHY IS HE DOING THIS TO ME?

I know he's meant to have a buyout clause that can't be activated until 2015. But strong whispers that were trying hard for Marco Reus #LFC
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:08 am

Iago Aspas
Iago Aspas is on the brink of leaving Liverpool for Sevilla.

Reds chief executive Ian Ayre has flown to Spain to thrash out the deal for the 26-year-old striker's exit.

It is likely to be a season-long loan but Liverpool would be happy to make the move permanent if they can recoup a large chunk of the £8m they paid Celta Vigo a year ago.

Aspas, who has accepted the opportunity to return to his homeland, struggled to make an impression at Anfield last term and scored just once in 15 appearances.

Liverpool were prepared to offer Aspas as a makeweight to try to finally secure the services of Sevilla left-back Alberto Moreno.

However, those two transfers now look set to be completely separate deals. The Reds' initial bid of £16m for Moreno was rejected but they haven't give up hope that a compromise can still be reached.

Lazar Markovic will finally have his medical on Monday ahead of clinching his £20m move from Benfica to Liverpool.

The delay in the Serbian winger's arrival on Merseyside sparked fears that the transfer was in jeopardy.

But Liverpool remained unconcerned and Markovic, who flew in with his brother and agent over the weekend, should complete the formalities of the transfer over the next 24 hours.

Markovic put a message to Benfica supporters on Facebook yesterday as he said: “Thank you for everything and goodbye!”

The 20-year-old will become Liverpool’s fourth summer signing after deals for Rickie Lambert, Adam Lallana and Emre Can.

Boss Brendan Rodgers hopes to add Dejan Lovren to that list but the club's pursuit of the Southampton centre-back looks set to drag on.

The Croatian defender has made no secret of his desire to head for Anfield but Saints boss Ronald Koeman is desperate to keep him at St Mary's.

Lovren was considering going on strike in an attempt to force through the move after Southampton rejected the Reds' £20m offer.

However, he opted to report back for pre-season duty with the South Coast outfit on Sunday and has embarked on their tour of Belgium.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/iago-aspas-verge-leaving-liverpool-7415689

lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:07 am

I'm not into betting at all but how come odds of Reus to LFC have come down to so low as 2/1!! And now we are favourites. Can't just be internet hoax can it?  hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:28 pm

GOTZE AND REUS GOTZE AND REUSSSSSSSSSSS
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:40 pm

Liverpool baffled by reports linking them with Marco Reus and insist they've shown no interest in him despite suggestions to the contrary. Tony Barrett-The Times

Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:18 pm

Jay Rodriguez it is then Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:53 pm

Man i really think people should give up on that big name signing.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:25 pm

I'm going to be very happy with this window if our next few signings are Bony, Moreno and then a centreback such as Lovren or Caulker. That would be more than enough movement this window, and the team would not only be strong but deep everywhere pretty much. Get it done Rodgers.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Im pleased to announce CPFC is going to sign Caulker for 8m.

also GOETZE AND REUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:04 pm

Lallana + Origi +Lambert = LOL
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:04 pm

Getting Rues would solve every problem I have in life.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:04 pm

Nishy wrote:Lallana + Origi +Lambert = LOL

Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:08 pm

We wont sign Reus, We already signed Lallana and Markovic, While Sterling and Coutinho waiting in the side lines. Time for a CF, LB, CB.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Gerrard
Hendo - Lallana
Coutinho
Reus - Sturridge

Sterling, Markovic rotating. What a team that is. Gonna win the league ffs. FAP FAP
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:15 pm

In all seriousness though, think we're finally edging closer and might actually get Moreno. Better than both Bertrand and Davies even if not the most ideal solution like a complete LB like RicRod would be. Good news nevertheless.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 38 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 22 ... 38  Next