McAgger
BeautifulGame
iftikhar
29 posters

Page 5 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next

Go down

Summer of 2014: Part 2 - Page 5 Empty Re: Summer of 2014: Part 2

Post by Helmer Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:58 pm

Art Morte wrote:I wonder could we get Walcott now that Sanchez is at Arsenal hmm

no

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:37 pm

Red Alert wrote:http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/napoli-confirm-interest-liverpool-midfielder-lucas-1456140

Napoli keen for Leiva. Watch us sell him now. Wonder how we'll replace him. Maybe Clattermole? hmm

We've also apparently put a bid in for Ben Davies.  Laughing 

Fahim89 wrote:Ok now opinions on Wilfried Bony!!!

hmm 

Great player, but no.

We need a CF, not a poacher type. Again, we have Sturridge at the club already.

You need to reconsider which sport you watch mate if you really think DS15 is a poacher type :facepalm:

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:25 pm

are you feeling relevant again? lol

sturridge can play outside the box but he plays predominately as a poacher under rodgers. hes pretty much replaced torres as our quality injury prone number 9 Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:50 pm

I feel so deflated now that this is official. We've known for awhile it was going to happen but it's official and it's just unfair. Football is unfair. Life is unfair.

It doesn't feel nearly as bad as Torres obviously, I still very much love Luis and will probably watch most of his matches at Barca and hope he does well but there's a huge emptiness inside me now. Sad

OT: I hope to god we don't sign Bony.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:29 pm

OT: I hope to god we don't sign Bony.
 Thumbs up 
I wonder could we get Walcott now that Sanchez is at Arsenal
...to play 20-25 games each season  scratch 
I doubt we will, but we've seen stranger things.
 No 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:43 pm

Red Alert wrote:are you feeling relevant again? lol

sturridge can play outside the box but he plays predominately as a poacher under rodgers. hes pretty much replaced torres as our quality injury prone number 9 Sad

I'm more relevant in this section than you have ever been or will ever bee, teenager.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:18 pm

i feel devastated and i feel so empty  No Sad life is so cruel

lets face it, we're not going to replace Suarez because he can't be replaced by anyone, he's irreplaceable No
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:48 am

Of course Suarez as a player is irreplaceable but that doesn't mean the club will fail to continue on without him. I can understand being a bit emotional about it but can we please avoid the melodrama?

As for Bony, has any reputable source reported on him yet? Last I saw, the Echo was dismissing the Daily Fail and Mirror reports and stating that Bony was only one of a number of attackers we'd be watching and considering as a potential signing to augment the attack in the even Suarez was sold. Certainly not the only one or one we were moving for already, and that report was from earlier today or yesterday.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:40 am

I hope Suarez agent works there at Barcelona to help us get one of their player later in next few windows...dont know as of now exactly who but some top player/talent.

All eyes on that signing now, you all know which one Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:48 am

They need to wrap up Markovic really quick to get our spirits up.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:55 am

You'll need more than Markovic to get our spirits up. At lest we have a long time to find a player, no Carroll situation again.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:41 am

Markovic is €25m or 19.8m pounds. Set to be done today or tomorrow according to various sources on twatter.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:51 am

Red Alert wrote:
You referenced Carroll and Downing (was he also one "for the future?) in your original post, and Carroll again here, yet he was the same age as Sturridge when he joined. Sakho as well is young. In fact, the entire list I put out there aside from Suarez was young when purchased; not sure how you're differentiating "for the future" from "established" considering Hendo and Coutinho were also expected to slot straight into the starting 11.

All reports I've seen have said that we in fact haven't bid 20 mil for Lovren (somewhat below that, in fact), and now Kono is being linked with West Ham. Have you considered that maybe, just maybe, the youtube video you wanked to didn't give you enough info to know better than our scouts?

*bleep* ridiculous. We'll win a treble next year and you'll still be talking about how we should've done better in the transfer market. Tell me more about how right you are, so long as we exclude any information that proves you wrong.

Wtf are you on about?

I referenced Carroll and Downing in regards to signing Lallana, not for the future. And the reason I referenced him to them was because of the "he will play with better players so he'll obviously become a better player at Liverpool" debate.

Sakho, Sturridge and all those names you mentioned pretty much came for consistent first team football or they wouldn't have came here.

Henderson WASN'T signed to become a first team player in his first season, he was pretty much signed for the "future" of the club. The same goes for Coutinho. Luckily enough for them both (and Liverpool, too), they got their opportunity in the starting XI and due to some fortune and luck, and became solid players for us so maintained their position in the starting formation.

The roughly 100m of players signed for the future of the club with no real first team commitments since FSG have been here are:
-Henderson
-Coates
-Allen
-Borini
-Ilori
-Alberto
-Markovic (signing is imminent)
(Origi may or may not be added here, not sure if he's signed just yet.)

Yes, they may become first team players or what not in the future, but we don't need "potential" at the club, we have a GREAT academy yet we persist in signing kids and then wondering why there's no quality in depth at the club, or why there's no one good on the bench. We're signing kids and throwing them under the bus for not being "ready".

As for Lovren:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-offer-20m-lovren-7369316

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28172460

For Kono:

I never said I wanted him. I never said anything to me wanting to sign him. I said the club was crying that they couldn't afford him at the time (due to not wanting to overspend what, what, 2-3m to get a player they "desperately" wanted/needed in the dying days of the window, same goes for Salah) yet are now overspending MILLIONS over that to bring in Lallana etc. But if you insist, we can call them great negotiations, I honestly don't care. You can keep bringing up this 2 month left to go period as well, but nothing will happen. And LOL at us winning a treble this season. There's optimism, and then there's delusion ffs.

Keep trying to act like a hero though, you're doing a great job at it. Still waiting for this "quality" player we've signed, as well. ^^

You list 7 players "for the future". Two of them have had real impact on our starting 11, the jury is out on the rest. Only Coates could really be deemed a failure. And a full on quarter of your "100m" that you reference, over and over and over again, is on a player we haven't even been confirmed to sign yet. How is a player supposed to prove their worth with no games to even possibly feature in? I don't know if you can reasonably analyze a move before it happens. Stop reaching for absurd straws.

Straight up have no idea what you mean by being a hero. If it's that crazy to believe that things could change in the span of two months, so be it, I'm illogical. But repeatedly throughout the past, the evidence has shown that you're not nearly as smart as you think you are. So maybe you should stop making guarantees on things you have no better insight into than the rest of us (such as our transfer dealings won't change for the rest of the window). It just makes you look stupid every time you're inevitably wrong.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:54 am

Also, not a single person at the club said we couldn't afford Kono. Find me a single quote in which we say we lacked funds. It's because we didn't want to pay what he was worth, which is why I brought up the fact that once you look past his agent's bullshit, he's all of a sudden tied to midtable teams instead of us. We didn't refuse to bid the extra 3m because we didn't have it; we refused to bid the extra 3m because we deemed him not worth it. And now it's looking like we were right.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:24 am

Your point went right over your head AGAIN, and I honestly couldn't care less about you to go on about it. lol

I'm still waiting for this "inevitable wrong" reasons you people go on about. Seriously. Also wouldn't mind you bringing up where I've "repeatedly" throughout the past shown I "wasn't nearly as smart as you think" I was.

Also waiting for my "stuff that I make up" shit some of you guys going on about too.

The only one that has tried was McA? where he said I called Rodgers average tactically, and you guys will see that in Europe. I always said he'll be average in Europe, so not sure why you people are saying I'm dead wrong with that when we haven't even played in the bloody thing. He also stated that I said we were poor on the road, and I stand by that. We went 1 win in 9 games or some shit on the road last season. A couple months of good form where we had all momentum and a bit of fortune isn't going to change my opinion there.

Honestly couldn't care less anymore. Making me look "stupid" or what not, open your eyes and have your own thoughts instead of being like sheep. Laughing

@ Sepi: I'm not a teenager, so what the f*ck are you on about? lol What does that have to do with anything anyway? You continue to go missing when you've been found out, you also then have to go to drastic measures to try and get some dignity back by most of the time, having to literally make shit up (yet I'm the one that does this apparently). And congratulations on having a better status in this section, you really should be proud. Cool

RedOranje wrote:
As for Bony, has any reputable source reported on him yet?  Last I saw, the Echo was dismissing the Daily Fail and Mirror reports and stating that Bony was only one of a number of attackers we'd be watching and considering as a potential signing to augment the attack in the even Suarez was sold.  Certainly not the only one or one we were moving for already, and that report was from earlier today or yesterday.

Sky Sports say we're in advanced talks with Bony.

Sky's a bit hit or miss, but they do have a better reputation than the Fail and Mirror in regards to transfers.

Last edited by Red Alert on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:32 am

The only thing worse than Suarez leaving is our ineptness to appropriately replace him. Sad
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:45 am

@RedO

Enquiries for Ben Davies and Wilfried Bony have been made, whilst a bid for Loic Remy is under consideration. [Tony Barrett, Times]

Last edited by Fahim89 on Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:46 am

Actually for me Remy >> Bony considering our style and what we need from our forwards.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:49 am

This reminds me of replacing Owen with Djibril Cisse and Morientes in January. At the end we were left with Baros in the most important games because of injuries and lack of quality and consistency.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:53 am

We need someone to compliment Sturridge. Unless Remy or Bony is coming as a back up, no. And for the price on Bony's head to come in for a back-up is a big no.

Just to be clear, I rate Bony highly. But we don't need him right now. Fix your problems instead of buying anyone that's available ffs.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:00 am

Duncan Castles
‏@DuncanCastles
Lazar Markovic leaves Lisbon with brother Filip and agent Ulisses Santos to become €25m Liverpool player. #LFC #SLB

Summer of 2014: Part 2 - Page 5 Index.php?action=dlattach;topic=314849
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:32 pm

Bony would be a strong signing. So tired of reading this or that player doesn't fit our team. You guys have no idea what Rodgers plans to do and if he's enquiring on a player he obviously thinks they fit his system. Bony is a great player and has scored at every level including the EPL...in fact his first season was better than that of Suarez and he scored more goals in the EPL than anyone else in 2014. His hold up play is great, his passing and especially flick ons are very good, his ability to get into space is awesome and hes a great finisher who is very strong on the ball. He's also a very good asset on set pieces as he scores a lot of headers.

I'd be very happy with Bony and Davies especially compared to some of the other rumours.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:25 pm

If anyone expects a big signing, you'll be disappointed.

It's just not in our DNA to sign established WC players. At least not until we have a larger stadium and established CL presence.

so embrace it, so you won't be disappointed. Atleti nearly did the double this year in a much worse situation than us having lost their star striker. Relax, and have some faith.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Really really hoping the new rumors about Alberto Moreno for Aspas plus money is true.

With the quality of other LB's available, Moreno is like a messiah that will save the left side of our defense from damnation.

Let's hope Brendan gets his man.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:04 pm

Markovic on his Facebook page: "I'll remember this forever. Thanks for everything."

It's getting closer lads.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:33 am

Rodgers is pondering declaring an interest in Swansea City forward Wilfried Bony and is also monitoring the situation of Queens Park Rangers’ Loic Remy. Both are believed to have contracts that contain buy-out clauses.

With a deal for Sevilla’s Alfredo Moreno having reached an impasse, the Reds have started to assess alternative left-back targets.

Swansea defender Ben Davies, a 21-year-old Wales international, is among those being considered.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-carry-spending-lazar-7413958

That seems to suggest we're still a long way off from even making a bid for either Bony or Remy. An inquiry about a player is also a far step from actually bidding. It's still far, FAR from certain that we'll actually move for Bony or Remy so personally I'll hold off on getting bothered about it until such a time. Too much wasted energy on fretting and complaining about moves that never actually materialise for me, to be honest... I can't keep up and the pace you all keep up wears me out.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21 ... 38  Next