Robespierre
iftikhar
Red Alert
LeSwagg James
_SuperFloren_
92 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Suarez to Barcelona - Official - Page 6 Empty Re: Suarez to Barcelona - Official

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:29 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Suarez cost €81m, which is around £64m.
BBC are reporting that they sold him for £75 millions. If you convert that with today's rate, it's 94 millions euros. I rather trust BBC than catalan medias trying to drive the price down.

he is probably the second or third most expensive signing of all time.

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Suarez to Barcelona - Official - Page 6 Empty Re: Suarez to Barcelona - Official

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:33 pm

Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club's official website, Liverpoolfc.com.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I'm sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

"Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166181-statement-from-luis-suarez

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:35 pm

Suarez to Barcelona - Official - Page 6 1qsr
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:36 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:
Luis Suarez today issued the following statement to the club's official website, Liverpoolfc.com.

"It is with a heavy heart that I leave Liverpool for a new life and new challenges in Spain. Both me and my family have fallen in love with this club and with the city.

"But most of all I have fallen in love with the incredible fans. You have always supported me and we, as a family, will never forget it, we will always be Liverpool supporters.

"I hope you can all understand why I have made this decision. This club did all they could to get me to stay, but playing and living in Spain, where my wife's family live, is a lifelong dream and ambition. I believe now the timing is right.

"I wish Brendan Rodgers and the team well for the future. The club is in great hands and I'm sure will be successful again next season.

"I am very proud I have played my part in helping to return Liverpool to the elite of the Premier League and in particular back into the Champions League.

"Thank you again for some great moments and memories. You'll Never Walk Alone."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/166181-statement-from-luis-suarez

"I am happy at Liverpool and don't want to leave"

Not even two months ago rofl
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Messi doesn't play up front anymore, he now roams the midfield. He did it all last season and is doing it at the World Cup. We will likely start the match with our regular 4-3-3 but then will morph into this...

-----------Mats------------
----Pique---Masch---Alba-
Alves-----------------------
----------Busquets--------
---Rakatic-----------------
--------------Iniesta(c)---
-------Messi-------Neymar
-----------Suarez---------

Can replace Alves with Cuardaro if we sign up, they will roam forward and run back to defend as Alves always has. Matheiu will rotate with Alba if we sign him. Then rumor has it Masch will serve as back up to both Busquets and whatever new CB we will sign (marquinhos?)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:-------------Bravo
----Marquinhos-Pique-Mathieu
Cuadrado--Rakitic-BUsquets-Iniesta
----Suarez---Messi---Neymar

:bow:

Why do you think they are going to play 343 lol?
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:-------------Bravo
----Marquinhos-Pique-Mathieu
Cuadrado--Rakitic-BUsquets-Iniesta
----Suarez---Messi---Neymar

:bow:

Why do you think they are going to play 343 lol?

because of FIFA maybe? lol

Messi stopped playing that false 9 role and has been roaming the midfield for a while now. The club was pretty clear they wanted someone that could make the runs infront of him, ala Higuin on the Argentina squad.

I'm not happy we spent the cash on him, but I find it funny people think it's not going to work. Neymar and Messi are both great passers and Suarez will make up for the ground Messi doesn't run anymore (and Rakatic will cover the cround behind Messi, something Xavi can't do anymore). Team might actually be a bit more balanced this season up front than having Alexis next to Messi.

last year we would end up like this allot because of Messi dropping back.

---Xavi---------------------
------Messi--------Iniesta---
-Alexis--------------Neymar

We literally had no one really playing the striker. before Messi would stay near the middile and push forward as a false 9. Now Messi likes to fall all the way back. Would end up next to Busquets half the game, which would sometimes push Xavi up front and he would end up taking the shot and missing. It was odd. And he's still roaming all over the place with Argentina. Messi just gradually went from a false 9 to a 10

this year it will be like this...

---Rakatic-----------------
--------------Iniesta(c)---
-------Messi-------Neymar
-----------Suarez---------

Suarez will play the Eto'o role I imagine
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:49 pm

The 81m euros thing is coming from Balague lol.....
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:52 pm

As if anyone would believe figures leaked by Barca after the Neymar debacle Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:12 pm

Nishy wrote:Norwich City.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:14 pm

Spoiler:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:16 pm

Pepe vs Suarez next season. hmm

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Suarez to Barcelona - Official - Page 6 Empty Who should Liverpool replace Suarez with?

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Someone with potential like Bony? Or someone who's already established like Cavani?

Players they could go for:

Cavani
Balotelli
Falcao
Benzema
Lukaku
Bony
Dzeko
Remy
Jackson Martinez

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:22 pm

I'd say the odds that Pepe will get bitten are pretty high.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:28 pm

You can't replace the 3rd best player in the world. Unless it's Messi/CR/Ibra , no one is replacing Suarez as an individual.

It should be a team effort to replace his goals, and would go a long way to explain our focus on signing AMs with goal-scoring ability.

I'd be happy with a striker, and a goal scoring wide forward, in addition to Markovic to replace.
As for your list, Cavani, Falcao, Benzema are out of our wage range, Jackson Martinez and Lukaku are shit and too expensive for their quality, Remy shouldn't be anything more than a back up, and Bony goes to AFCON every other year. Dzeko plays for rivals and they wouldn't sell.

So screw all that. Should have gone with another Eredivise legend in Fingbasson before Sociedad bought him :facepalm: , guess Griezzmann would do to add a few goals from wide positions.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:32 pm

What a player.

Loved him for his ability to piss off opposition fans more than anything.
I imagine Lex is in a corner depressed that the subject of half of his posts is now gone Sad

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:33 pm

If Suarez is going to play etoo role aka no 9 then that means messi is responsible for tracing the left back right?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:34 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Pepe vs Suarez next season. hmm
madness next level.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:37 pm

I think when Barca have the ball Suarez will be the CF, with Messi in behind. Then when they don't, Suarez will track back as a RW.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:38 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:I think when Barca have the ball Suarez will be the CF, with Messi in behind. Then when they don't, Suarez will track back as a RW.
I expected this answer but if you have actually played the game you will know that is impossible. Nobody can play CF and then track the left back.... Not for full game anyway.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Barca keep the ball a lot, press high etc, so it shouldn't be a problem. Plus Suarez is a hard worker. I'm pretty sure Villa played CF and tracked back as a RW at times.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:48 pm

Villa didn't play CF...villa played on the left wing... Marked by wing backs and occassionaly made diagonal runs.It was Arbeloa vs Villa... not pepe or Ramos.

Barca keep the ball a lot? So what we are taking about a scenario when they don't have the ball. Doesn't make sense.

Pressing? Exactly. Who is gonna press the left back if Suarez is with the CBs.?

Suarez or any other CF won't track ac left back. It is not just about effort or hard work.. It's a mental thing too. The left back will be at least 20 yard away from the CF during transition and nobody will be motivated to chase him because it's too much distance.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:54 pm

Villa played LW, but in some games Barca played a formation with Villa at CF and Messi in behind. CL final 2011.

The RB/RCM will press the LB as soon as they lose the ball. Because the pressing is narrow and high, it's usually hard for the other team to escape, which means it'll be possible for Suarez to chase down the LB.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:56 pm

Adit wrote:If Suarez is going to play etoo role aka no 9 then that means messi is responsible for tracing the left back right?

No that's probably going to take a team effort from the right back and Rakatic/Rafinha.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Rakitic pressing LB? OK.

There are teams who won't put all the players in the box you now? This rakitic pressing lb will only work against shit teams who are just scared to leave their box.

Against big teams rakitic pressing LB will open up space and unmarked man in midfield.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:10 pm

A combination of Rakitic and Alves/RB. If the pressing is intense, it's possible.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next