billy_gr
Valkyrja
futbol
57 posters

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours V5 - Page 3 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours V5

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:31 pm

The Franchise wrote:Meh, first of all we arent in Chelsea's league, not worried about making them stronger at all.

Second, with our without Cesc they would give us major problems in any CL game. Its just law.

Thirdly, Cesc has been a flop in most big games so I aint worried about him individually.

More importantly, if he did sign, what happens to Oscar? I am not one of those who actually believe in him when played in that deeper position. Not seeing it. His defence strength doesnt like in his actual defensive attributes, but his ability to tactically do a job, nullifying the deep lying playmaker of the team. Playing in deep midfield is a different job.

Summed it up so logically and wonderfully that there's hardly anything left to say.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:Meh, first of all we arent in Chelsea's league, not worried about making them stronger at all.

Second, with our without Cesc they would give us major problems in any CL game. Its just law.

Thirdly, Cesc has been a flop in most big games so I aint worried about him individually.

More importantly, if he did sign, what happens to Oscar? I am not one of those who actually believe in him when played in that deeper position. Not seeing it. His defence strength doesnt like in his actual defensive attributes, but his ability to tactically do a job, nullifying the deep lying playmaker of the team. Playing in deep midfield is a different job.

Just my cents on it but that law could also mean that Fabregas will trouble you. I have little doubts in my mind that Cesc would make a perfect fit for Chelsea and could be as influencial as Sneijder was for Mou in Inter.

I'm not sure I agree with you on Cesc being a big game flop to begin with. He just doesn't fit your system but he has always been able to provide good chances and score in big games.

If I had to make a prediction of where selling Cesc will take you next season, I'd say Chelsea will most likely eliminate you next season in CL. I just think Cesc will be that extra that could finally make Chelsea a CL contender next season.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:25 pm

I agree. I'd rather sell him to Utd than Chelsea. Or even back to Arsenal even though they don't really need him anymore
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:28 pm

Donuts wrote:8m and bojan loan isn't too bad honestly and bravo isn't some scrub..
i think it is a pretty decent buy as we need a keeper good enough to start for us, and knows the league well.
Bravo for now will probably be our starter but pushed out to be our next pinto.

He is 31 years old...and not that good.

4m less than not even in prime yet MATS? Really?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:35 pm

Se7en wrote:

Just my cents on it but that law could also mean that Fabregas will trouble you. I have little doubts in my mind that Cesc would make a perfect fit for Chelsea and could be as influencial as Sneijder was for Mou in Inter.

I'm not sure I agree with you on Cesc being a big game flop to begin with. He just doesn't fit your system but he has always been able to provide good chances and score in big games.

If I had to make a prediction of where selling Cesc will take you next season, I'd say Chelsea will most likely eliminate you next season in CL. I just think Cesc will be that extra that could finally make Chelsea a CL contender next season.

No it wouldnt. Drogba didnt trouble us, he was renered ineffective every single game. And logically, if anyone should trouble us it would be the big, strong, physical and yet mobile forward who doesnt need support from a midfield.

Comparing Snijeder to Cesc is also a bit faulty, because it worked for him because he had Etoo, Milito and Pandev working like dogs in front and Cambiasso, Zanetti, Chivu, Samuel, Lucio and Motta behind him. Chelsea dont have those pieces right now, with Mourinho already complaining about his best player not being a second leftback for him. Also, Snijeder was more dynamic than Cesc is now, he loves open spaces. Cesc sucks in open spaces because he cant move.

Cesc sucked in big games long before us, I was only talking about his time before us in that regard. Rarely turned up for Arsenal in those last years, most especially against us. Arsenal had to play counter attack ball against us, what did Cesc do then? Back heel it straight to us right on the egde of his own box and get twisted and turned all night by Xavi.

We can get eliminated by Chelsea with or without Cesc, as I already said. Worse players than the team they had last year were thisclose to knocking us out before Iniesta saw fit to bail us out.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:37 pm

Can we please just sell Bojan? Enough of this loan bullshit.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:06 am

Whats crazy is that Bojan + 7M for 31 year old Bravo. Dafuq?! He isn't bad, but come on. With Bojan added thats us giving them more than what we paid to go get MaTs lol. For a back up this doesn't make any sense. Lets just use Matsip and have Oier as third choice. Saves us cash, and instead of Zubi spending like 3 weeks now trying to sign Bravo, he could of spent 3 weeks instead trying to sign two CBs

Our board...
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:14 am

i thought the deal was 7m+ bojan LOAN..

so essentially 7m and bojan for one year i would say yeah they are getting the better deal but it's not like were paying some ridiculous fee or anything.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:29 am

The Franchise wrote:
Se7en wrote:

No it wouldnt. Drogba didnt trouble us, he was renered ineffective every single game. And logically, if anyone should trouble us it would be the big, strong, physical and yet mobile forward who doesnt need support from a midfield.

Comparing Snijeder to Cesc is also a bit faulty, because it worked for him because he had Etoo, Milito and Pandev working like dogs in front and Cambiasso, Zanetti, Chivu, Samuel, Lucio and Motta behind him. Chelsea dont have those pieces right now, with Mourinho already complaining about his best player not being a second leftback for him. Also, Snijeder was more dynamic than Cesc is now, he loves open spaces. Cesc sucks in open spaces because he cant move.

Cesc sucked in big games long before us, I was only talking about his time before us in that regard. Rarely turned up for Arsenal in those last years, most especially against us. Arsenal had to play counter attack ball against us, what did Cesc do then? Back heel it straight to us right on the egde of his own box and get twisted and turned all night by Xavi.

We can get eliminated by Chelsea with or without Cesc, as I already said. Worse players than the team they had last year were thisclose to knocking us out before Iniesta saw fit to bail us out.

Agree with everything you said dani and would like to add that Sneijder wasn't even anything great against us. His best performances were against Chelsea. Against Inter we just couldn't handle their long ball and parking the bus tactics.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:38 pm

I feel like the value of money has completely been lost on people.

7m for a 31 one year old goalie who really is just a run of the mill keeper. I am sorry but that isnt good value.

Give me Julio Cesar for free over this guy. Dont care who if he been playing in Australia, Canada or Thailand..he's still better.

How much does Enyama cost? Surely little more than a couple mil.

Could go on forever really lol

We going to have the most expensive second goalie in the world, good we got our priorities straight.

Yes, I am making a big deal. Not because of the deal itself, but because its just another indication of how illogical we are.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:05 pm

I agree. Especially when..

A) We have a masia product that just had a great season and just got promoted and is mid 20's. Why not let him get the back up role? He has earned it

B) Masip is FREE

C) Zubi has now been sitting on his ass trying to work it out however way he can to sign Bravo for over 3 weeks. Thats just *bleep* ridiculous. I mean whats with this guy? Why can't he just be like "...well...*bleep* you Sociedad we aren't going to be held hostage by your demands. Either lower your demands or we walk". Instead they shoot down his offer and its like he goes back to his room and start working out an even better contract for them, over and over and over again. Meanwhile we have other areas on the pitch that actually do need some reinforcements, especially considering the transfer ban that will be slapped on us soon.

Or he could, like, you know.....look at other keeper options that won't cost more than our first choice. I mean seriously, Zubi should of been fired years ago. Not only does he drag his feet, it's like no one scouts for the club anymore and he just picks whoever and then just keeps working at that one person for years at all costs. It makes it so easy for other clubs to be like, well they want him so bad we can just demand more money and we know they won't go looking elsewhere. Still surprised we managed to get Afellay and Adriano for so cheap under his wing. Why not more of those type of deals?
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:25 pm

The Franchise wrote:I feel like the value of money has completely been lost on people.

7m for a 31 one year old goalie who really is just a run of the mill keeper. I am sorry but that isnt good value.

Give me Julio Cesar for free over this guy. Dont care who if he been playing in Australia, Canada or Thailand..he's still better.

How much does Enyama cost? Surely little more than a couple mil.

Could go on forever really lol

We going to have the most expensive second goalie in the world, good we got our priorities straight.

Yes, I am making a big deal. Not because of the deal itself, but because its just another indication of how illogical we are.

Till Zubi and this board remain we have very little hope in the transfer market. Can anyone mention even one of Zubi's deals where he really impressed you? Txiki used to strike gold in every one out of two or three.

Zubi may be the only person in this world today occupying a prestigious position and felling absolutely no need to justify his performance. His renewal is kind of an automated process. It keeps happening irrespective of how poorly he performs.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:30 pm

Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:39 am

Oh come one they were both clearly being cheeky
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jun 05, 2014 8:50 am

Signing Bravo would be and idiocy. And if anything more than 2 million is paid, a supreme idiocy.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:05 am

is it because Lucho is afraid of taking risk in his very first season with two young keepers(Mats,Masip) both untested in big games.If so, i cant blame him too much. Also we should remember he is coming after a complete disastraous season and he will not want to take any unnecessery risks....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:31 am

neuro11 wrote:is it because Lucho is afraid of taking risk in his very first season with two young keepers(Mats,Masip) both untested in big games.If so, i cant blame him too much. Also we should remember he is coming after a complete disastraous season and he will not want to take any unnecessery risks....

That's fine if he feels that way, but not for that amount of money. Just grab a cheap/free guy out there like every other team's back up is.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:52 pm

So three deals have supposedly been done already but there are no official confirmations.

1. Cesc Fabregas - Barcelona to Chelsea - E33m

2. Diego Costa - Atletico to Chelsea - E43m (IIRC)

3. David Luiz - Chelsea to PSG - E49m

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:55 pm

Also while the Koke matter has gone cold we are supposed to be very close to signing Ivan Rakitic. If he does come will he be able to play deeper? Will he complement Iniesta better than Fabregas was ever able to?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:47 pm

I said Rakitic is not an improvement over Cesc a few days ago. I was drunk and take it back.

Dominating the Bernabeu from a deeper position:

He offers plenty of mobility and workrate as well as some height. I've seen him defend Iniesta 1 on 1 around his own corner flag and successfully at that while he also has a similar output in goals and assists as Fabregas. 1 missed penalty away from scoring a hattrick in the Bernabeu.

Busquets, Xavi, Rakitic, Iniesta, Rafinha would be a fairly complete midfield. Both Rakitic and Rafinha would bring back some intensity into the side. Buy some defenders as well and don't sell anyone (Pedro can go) and we're good to go.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:57 pm

Fußball wrote:I said Rakitic is not an improvement over Cesc a few days ago. I was drunk and take it back.

Dominating the Bernabeu from a deeper position:

He offers plenty of mobility and workrate as well as some height. I've seen him defend Iniesta 1 on 1 around his own corner flag and successfully at that while he also has a similar output in goals and assists as Fabregas. 1 missed penalty away from scoring a hattrick in the Bernabeu.

Busquets, Xavi, Rakitic, Iniesta, Rafinha would be a fairly complete midfield. Both Rakitic and Rafinha would bring back some intensity into the side. Buy some defenders as well and don't sell anyone (Pedro can go) and we're good to go.

Rakitic is better than Cesc and one of the best in Europe. He's very energitic and fast, intelligent, has good ball control and can dribble in tight spaces. Isn't afraid to go for a risky pass and has good vision. Croatia really has some great talent in midfield.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Emery (coach Sevilla): "I could understand Rakitic leaves. We have to be ready for that. If he leaves, we should sign another Rakitic." [c+]

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:57 pm

messixaviesta wrote:So three deals have supposedly been done already but there are no official confirmations.

1. Cesc Fabregas - Barcelona to Chelsea - E33m

This means you only receive €16.5m of it, I doubt Barça will accept so much less than what you paid for him. I don't expect Barça to sell him for less than €50m and that is being generous.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:19 pm

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/221765.html

Arsenal 'not entitled to half of Fabregas fee
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:32 pm

Fair enough, Arsenal go-to-guy Jeremy Wilson of Telegraph says Arsenal have included that option which explains the relatively low fee which Barcelona paid to get him. I guess we have to wait and see who's right.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Arsenal only get 50 % of the sum that is exceeding € 36M. For example if Chelsea pay € 40M that would be 50 % of € 4M. You're not getting 50 % of the entire transfer fee. lol

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 42 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 22 ... 42  Next