*Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer? - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

*Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer?

+22
Winter is Coming
sportsczy
Arquitecto
Forza
Zealous
Kick
dostoevsky
halamadrid2
jibers
Freeza
SuperMAG
terrance511
farfan
REWB
urbaNRoots
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
Tomwin Lannister
chad4401
Doc
Hapless_Hans
Onyx
26 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer? - Page 2 Empty Re: *Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer?

Post by dostoevsky Mon May 26, 2014 2:25 pm

I can understand that his wage demands must be reasonable, however there are very few centre forwards better than Benzema and many of them are also likely to command very high wages. Unless he wants a contract akin to Ronaldo's I'd rather have continuity in the forward line instead of gambling on whether Suarez or Aguero, if they could even be acquired, could prove equal facilitators within the forward trio.

This being said, I'm never one to oppose a Madrid barnsale. eco smile

dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer? - Page 2 Empty Re: *Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer?

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 26, 2014 3:27 pm

dostoevsky wrote:I can understand that his wage demands must be reasonable, however there are very few centre forwards better than Benzema and many of them are also likely to command very high wages. Unless he wants a contract akin to Ronaldo's I'd rather have continuity in the forward line instead of gambling on whether Suarez or Aguero, if they could even be acquired, could prove equal facilitators within the forward trio.

This being said, I'm never one to oppose a Madrid barnsale. eco smile

this

Not that we wouldn't like that, but getting another huge ego instead of Benzema might prove the tipping point towards implosion. Somebody's got to be a normal, decent person in a team after all. Ronaldo and Bale will get into enough trouble with each other soon anyway.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon May 26, 2014 3:27 pm

When Madrid have a firesale and clear out their bench because the players are supposedly "not good enough", the rest of Europe's football clubs swoop to get future trophy winners at a cut-price. One day, in the not too distant future, these players will return to the Bernabéu and exact revenge, just like the previous generations of wasted talents did. Madrid's lack of depth will be blamed again and the bench will be sold again. It's the circle of life.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Morata will probably leave, so we need a backup striker who can cover CF and RW/LW ideally.

Also I doubt Rakitic will come to be backup, however we still do need someone to backup Modric.

If Casemiro/Illarra/Khedira want to stay as backup, then they can stay.

Benzema's just too inconsistent overall, so I wouldn't mind Suarez either. However he's not a necessity.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 26, 2014 3:42 pm

Forza wrote:When Madrid have a firesale and clear out their bench because the players are supposedly "not good enough", the rest of Europe's football clubs swoop to get future trophy winners at a cut-price. One day, in the not too distant future, these players will return to the Bernabéu and exact revenge, just like the previous generations of wasted talents did. Madrid's lack of depth will be blamed again and the bench will be sold again. It's the circle of life.

Nah, La Decima has come to signal the dawn of a new age where none of that happens. Proud
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 26, 2014 5:20 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Morata is a good enough backup. And I would like to see Ronaldo playing ST sometimes. I expect him in 2016 to move to that position.
no he is not
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon May 26, 2014 5:24 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Morata will probably leave, so we need a backup striker who can cover CF and RW/LW ideally.

Also I doubt Rakitic will come to be backup, however we still do need someone to backup Modric.

If Casemiro/Illarra/Khedira want to stay as backup, then they can stay.

Benzema's just too inconsistent overall, so I wouldn't mind Suarez either. However he's not a necessity.

MT cut the crap benz mainly play as a facilitator than goal scorer, the guy gets 1-3 chances a game, but he is inconsistent for not scoring the most with the least amount of chances?, its one thing for criticizing the miss tap ins, but his overall play since he got going improved and never dropped unless he wasn't fit, plus he always shows up in big games, but we all know this is a popularity contest and suarez has the hype
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 26, 2014 5:36 pm

There's no forward bar Ibra, Messi and Suarez who is suited better to Ronaldo and Bale. With these 2 guys you don't need a scorer. You need a forward with good link-up play, vision, technique to hold the ball and good passing. Finishing comes second.

@nick When we had Pipita everyone said that neither him nor Benzema get enough playing time. You either have as backup an old experienced player or a young one. Morata is a good prospect and a striker who offers different stuff than Karim
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 26, 2014 5:36 pm

Benz has been good this year overall. I think he was pretty poor in the final but I'm pretty sure he wasn't 100%.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon May 26, 2014 5:37 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Morata is a good enough backup. And I would like to see Ronaldo playing ST sometimes. I expect him in 2016 to move to that position.
no he is not

He quite obviously is.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 26, 2014 5:37 pm

That's true, but Suarez has shown more quality this season. The way he scores goals etc, I can't imagine Benzema scoring some of the goals Suarez has scored.

In terms of his overall play he has been inconsistent. At times he has looked too sluggish. The latest could be down to injury/fitness, but it was a problem at the start of the season too and at times during the season.

I don't mind keeping Benzema, because he does adequately, but Suarez could offer more despite him playing alongside Bale and Ronaldo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 26, 2014 5:40 pm

Morata as a back up sucks, deal with it. Cantera or not, he sucks. That says nothing about his talent, but you dont use a kid like him as back up. he has never played a full season at pro level vs seasoned defenses. There are too any things he needs to learn, and he is not a natural scorer. He needs to go, and for our sake, we should go get someone aged 28-34 that can play the position on experience and natural alone. Ancelotti literally ran benzema through the ground this season because he had no back up when Jese went out. We overplayed him, and his efficiency stagnated because he could never get a rest and he ended the season injured, playing at 50% in CL final. Morata is a bona fide scrub in that role. Out please, you guys need to remove your cantera glasses, if he was good, he would have played a lot more. Look at his minutes...just crap. aint nobody got time to know if he is a spanish cantera or not.

Last edited by Mr Nick09 on Mon May 26, 2014 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon May 26, 2014 5:42 pm

Alvaro Morata is by no means a stellar raw talent as that much has been acknowledged.

Yet where he succeeds is his mentality, examples such as outperforming a more skilful and higher rated Rodrigo in the U-21 Cups on 4 occasions. Scoring important goals from the bench where Pipita and Benzema failed. Scoring important goals period; added with the aspect of the dimension he adds to Madrid with his play. He is not starting quality and unlikely even in his prime, yet as a back-up I'd personally deem him fit.

Yet the biggest loss of selling him has been obvious, something most Madridistas realize and live with; it would be a tremendous loss. What loss?

His sister.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 26, 2014 5:49 pm

Hans, why would Bale and Ronaldo get in trouble with each other soon enough?

Anyway, this isn't the firesale of the past where teams getting legit talent on the cheap. If any team is to acquire, let's say, Khedira, they would be up paying no less than 15 million Euros (on behalf of all sensible RM fans, I humbly apologise for that. We are not responsible for that unfortunate price). Benzema would go for no less than 50 million as well.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon May 26, 2014 5:50 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:That's true, but Suarez has shown more quality this season. The way he scores goals etc, I can't imagine Benzema scoring some of the goals Suarez has scored.

In terms of his overall play he has been inconsistent. At times he has looked too sluggish. The latest could be down to injury/fitness, but it was a problem at the start of the season too and at times during the season.

I don't mind keeping Benzema, because he does adequately, but Suarez could offer more despite him playing alongside Bale and Ronaldo.

smh MT how can you be so difficult for someone who watches footy every week?

benz does even take half the amount of shots as suarez or see the ball that much, so how can you imagine him doing similar?

question why isn't cavani scoring 40 with ibra? rooney-rvp scoring 40 each? did you know who costa was before falcao left? Laughing

again popularity contest and suarez has the hype
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon May 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Clearly you're doing fine without that Jese kid.
Clearly you don't need him.

Sell him to us, won't you?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 26, 2014 5:55 pm

Arquitescu wrote:Alvaro Morata is by no means a stellar raw talent as that much has been acknowledged.

Yet where he succeeds is his mentality, examples such as outperforming a more skilful and higher rated Rodrigo in the U-21 Cups on 4 occasions. Scoring important goals from the bench where Pipita and Benzema failed. Scoring important goals period; added with the aspect of the dimension he adds to Madrid with his play. He is not starting quality and unlikely even in his prime, yet as a back-up I'd personally deem him fit.

Yet the biggest loss of selling him has been obvious, something most Madridistas realize and live with; it would be a tremendous loss. What loss?

His sister.

Heart 

IMO Morata has Negredo like potential. He is a good backup, just like Arbeloa is a good FB backup.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 26, 2014 5:57 pm

Difference being that Arbeloa has years of experience in all competitions in footy, while Morata doesnt even have 10 starts in la liga lol. Anyway, pretty sure he is gonna leave, and that will be addressed soon enough.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon May 26, 2014 6:00 pm

If Benzema and the club don't agree to a new deal, he would be sold Chad. Nothing scientific about it. And while Suarez does have the hype, he also is the very real deal. Personally, I do hope RM and Benzema come to an agreement. The player has improved, not just in actual output but in his attitude as well.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 26, 2014 6:00 pm

It's not just about the goals though, I just think Suarez has shown more quality. Is Benzema capable of the magic Suarez does? The dribbling, shooting, quickness etc. I don't think he is.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon May 26, 2014 6:01 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
Arquitescu wrote:Alvaro Morata is by no means a stellar raw talent as that much has been acknowledged.

His sister.

Heart 

IMO Morata has Negredo like potential. He is a good backup, just like Arbeloa is a good FB backup.

Negredo is an apt example. Why? Well, both are pre-dominantly left-footed and Negredo having turned into a pure #9 since Emery is one indication. Negredo also happens to be a late-bloomer in all his facets, a prediction I make for Morata who still is evolving his game to find his identity in a club to which cannot support that time-frame. Henceforth, why I feel Morata should go to a club with lower stake in their squad and develop in a less pressured environment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon May 26, 2014 6:03 pm

I think Morata will go out on a year long loan and I am all for that because he needs experience and he won't get that if he stays. We should get Eto on a free then in a season or two get Morata back as a starter Thumbs up Nick Jese didn't play much until January either and we all know he is quality. Morata is good enough to start for us but need more experience. A move akin to Carvajal's would be welcome
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 26, 2014 6:06 pm

Jese is not a CF, playing wide, crossing and dribbling, isnt the same as playing center, moving off the ball and finishing in the box. Also, jese is a greater talent than Morata, not even close, Jese pounded Morata in training and got more chances.

If Morata leaves, the only way he returns is if he becomes better than Benzema. good luck with that Laughing

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon May 26, 2014 6:07 pm

tbh morata is not a elite talent, any game he has started he has failed to convince, but throw him on in garbage time he will beast on tired defenders and then the hype train picks up steam again, in reality he is an non factor can't even give benzema rest Laughing, anyway he can improve just not here
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 26, 2014 6:10 pm

Like I said, when we had Higuain people were saying that both of them don't play enough. Now people want again 2 WC strikers.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon May 26, 2014 6:13 pm

Doc wrote:If Benzema and the club don't agree to a new deal, he would be sold Chad. Nothing scientific about it. And while Suarez does have the hype, he also is the very real deal. Personally, I do hope RM and Benzema come to an agreement. The player has improved, not just in actual output but in his attitude as well.

i have no problem with benzema being sold tbh, im just pointing out that suarez will make us a better team argument is BS and a real disservice to benz who is clearly being under utilized as a player but still contributes has much as cr and bale considering his rank in the pecking order, show the guy some respect at least once

Last edited by chad4401 on Mon May 26, 2014 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next