*Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer? - Page 5 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

*Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer?

+22
Winter is Coming
sportsczy
Arquitecto
Forza
Zealous
Kick
dostoevsky
halamadrid2
jibers
Freeza
SuperMAG
terrance511
farfan
REWB
urbaNRoots
Valkyrja
Mr Nick09
Tomwin Lannister
chad4401
Doc
Hapless_Hans
Onyx
26 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer? - Page 5 Empty Re: *Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer?

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 26, 2014 8:07 pm

chad4401 wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:Not i am not saying that Benzema never dribbles anyone, i am saying that he does it so rarely that it doesnt matter. It's not his game, simple as that, but it's a weapon he doesnt have.

Benzema is nowhere near the athlete he was at 21, Even Juninho is saying so lol. Go pull up a benzema vid on youtube, and watch benz start runs from deep and maintain speed over long distance, go past players like hot knife through butter. His agility and speed on short distance was terrific. What he has lost the most is his ability to set up his own shown in closed quarters, he used to be brilliant at it, like that goal vs barca. Now he is just a bit stronger. All his wieght, groin and back issues havent helped. How can you even say that he is better athlete now? no.

yeah not buying that just an excuse to give suarez the edge, end of the day benz can create his own shots when needed as well as dribble, its not his role here obviously, at lyon it was and he did has expected, benz is simply not an ego maniac and very professional, so if carlo wants him to play pure he does that or create he does that, nothing more than necessary if that means he lacks aggression and is mentally weak no prob.

He is not a top proffesional. If he was one he wouldn't have got fat like a pig when Zidane wasn't around. That might also come to weak mentality

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

*Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer? - Page 5 Empty Re: *Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer?

Post by chad4401 Mon May 26, 2014 8:09 pm

sportsczy wrote:Lol Z..... ok big guy.  Benz had back problems and various other off the field issues in his first year at Madrid.  It's not like he was in a normal state and scored 8.

And why don't you throw in the rest?  Benz has had 8 full pro seasons since he was 19.

Season 1:  27 goals 8 assists
Season 2:  31 goals 6 assists
Season 3:  23 goals 3 assists
Season 4:  9 goals 4 assists
Season 5:  26 goals 7 assists
Season 6:  32 goals 15 assists
Season 7:  20 goals 20 assists
Season 8:  24 goals 14 assists

Lets just cherry pick Benz' worse season by far and compare Laughing

look at the stats and tell me that benz can't dream of reaching suarez numbers when he already has rofl this forum Proud
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon May 26, 2014 8:10 pm

@ val gtfo that bs and you know it funny how you love marcelo and he has hardly been in shape ever again popularity contest stop brah your losing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon May 26, 2014 8:13 pm

Nick is right Chad.  Benz has changed pretty drastically in body type and football profile since joining Madrid.  Where i disagree is that he's less athletic...  he just much stronger but given up agility.  Why did he do it?  At Lyon, he started his runs from where CR7 is doing his runs.  He was never allowed to do that at Madrid.  At Madrid, it's more about being strong in a crowd and finding open areas in crowded spaces...  Early on, he was getting pushed around so he just adapted his body makeup to his role at Madrid.

Can he go back to his Lyon body type?  I don't see why not.  All he has to do is drop about 5kgs of muscle.  He'll automatically be quicker.  If he was told that he needs to be that kind of player, i could see him do it.  

Personally, i think he'll end up somewhere in between.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon May 26, 2014 8:21 pm

sportsczy wrote:Nick is right Chad.  Benz has changed pretty drastically in body type and football profile since joining Madrid.  Where i disagree is that he's less athletic...  he just much stronger but given up agility.  Why did he do it?  At Lyon, he started his runs from where CR7 is doing his runs.  He was never allowed to do that at Madrid.  At Madrid, it's more about being strong in a crowd and finding open areas in crowded spaces...  He just adapted his body makeup to his role at Madrid.

Can he go back to his Lyon body type?  I don't see why not.  All he has to do is drop about 5kgs of muscle.  He'll automatically be quicker.  If he was told that he needs to be that kind of player, i could see him do it.  

Personally, i think he'll end up somewhere in between.  

i get that but does it mean he can't play focal point as he is now and succeed? no far from it, he has the talent and the mentality to do it now imo, his footy IQ alone enough for a team to be built around him, i just don't see why he has to get put down in every way possible, while other forwards can be treated and analysed normally
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon May 26, 2014 8:24 pm

chad4401 wrote:@ val gtfo that bs and you know it funny how you love marcelo and he has hardly been in shape ever again popularity contest stop brah your losing

how could you not love him ?

Spoiler:
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 26, 2014 10:21 pm

who said he would flop? i am sure benzema can be great wherever you play him. But there is a difference between being great, and between being "great" or special. What Suarez is doing in EPL right now is special, and to assume that Benzema would just out of talent walk into any team in EPL, become the focal point and become special is a reach to me. Tells me 2 things, 1) you dont appreciate what Suarez has done this year, individually as a player, 2) you wildly overrate benzema. If you guys think benzema can just snap his fingers, drop weight and turn into a the guy he was when he was young then you guys are taking a piss.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon May 26, 2014 10:49 pm

you serious? Laughing, suarez who is a super special one of a kind player did bleep against the top 4 in the epl, but i wildly overrate benz? rofl, why cause i don't throw him under the bus as some average player, half of those super special goals came against fodders ffs

nick all your points are moot with the rest of the guys in this thread, first he can't dribble, then he can't create his own shot and now he can't reach suarez heights gtfo

at lyon fast pace, in shape and aggressive benz scored 31

at madrid super fat,slow and passive benz scored 32

but suarez scores 31 and i should be amazed? lmao

your vastly underrating him, cause it him and he doesn't deserve to be rated cause 90% of this forum would look stupid like the clowns who said and i qoute "sold the wrong striker" and "we will never win anything with benzema starting", yeah you or anyone else in this forum ain't changing my mind brah

you are the same guy who saw isco flopping and said he was playing well, cause you was so invested that he was "magic" and couldn't face the idea of him sucking and getting benched, just like the rest of the forum

#popularcontest
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon May 26, 2014 11:05 pm

I bet money if higuain stayed and benzema was sold, and we won the cl anyway i could only imagine all the unnecessary praise he would get, not because of what he did on the pitch, but rubbish about being a true madridista, playing with heart, and love for the club etc, this forum is so fake sometimes its scary Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon May 26, 2014 11:11 pm

I can see why Nick will want Suarez. Benzema is a very good player but he needs to be cuddled too much. In a way he reminds me of Rooney. Benzema has more ability but Suarez is stronger mentally and isn't as fragile. I dunno. Hard to compare the two when Suarez is the main outlet for Liverpool and Benzema is a secondary player. I don't know if Suarez will do any better in the situation Benzema is in.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon May 26, 2014 11:17 pm

There should be a Barcelona one like this.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon May 26, 2014 11:23 pm

http://www.goallegacy.net/t35677-transfers-special-which-players-should-barcelona-buy-and-sell-in-the-summer

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon May 26, 2014 11:29 pm

There it is lol thanks
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon May 26, 2014 11:30 pm

jibers wrote:I can see why Nick will want Suarez. Benzema is a very good player but he needs to be cuddled too much. In a way he reminds me of Rooney. Benzema has more ability but Suarez is stronger mentally and isn't as fragile. I dunno. Hard to compare the two when Suarez is the main outlet for Liverpool and Benzema is a secondary player. I don't know if Suarez will do any better in the situation Benzema is in.

*Transfers Special* Which players should Real Madrid buy and sell in the summer? - Page 5 Luis-suarez-cries-liverpool-crystal-palace

Proud Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon May 26, 2014 11:38 pm

chad4401 wrote:you serious? Laughing, suarez who is a super special one of a kind player did bleep against the top 4 in the epl, but i wildly overrate benz? rofl, why cause i don't throw him under the bus as some average player, half of those super special goals came against fodders ffs

nick all your points are moot with the rest of the guys in this thread, first he can't dribble, then he can't create his own shot and now he can't reach suarez heights gtfo

your vastly underrating him, cause it him and he doesn't deserve to be rated cause 90% of this forum would look stupid like the clowns who said and i quote "sold the wrong striker" and "we will never win anything with benzema starting", yeah you or anyone else in this forum ain't changing my mind brah

you are the same guy who saw isco flopping and said he was playing well, cause you was so invested that he was "magic" and couldn't face the idea of him sucking and getting benched, just like the rest of the forum

#popularcontest
Games vs big teams are mostly a factor of how tactically your team sets up vs the opposition. And in those, Liverpool mostly underwhelmed last season. That's why Suarez didnt score much vs those teams this year. I think Red has his record vs the same teams in the previous years and it's much better, like the way he skinned the whole united defense to set up a goal. Another cheap comment, we joke about it so much that you have started to believe that he cant do anything vs those teams.

meanwhile, Benzema who is the supreme big game player scored a tap in vs bayern, hard i know. got 6 chances vs barca and could only finish two. finished a another tap in vs atletico in 5 games against them this year. Last time we played Bilbao, they mauled him. He played Juve, was underwhelming. He played Dortmund, Hummels mauled him. Isnt he also stat padding in CL vs the likes of galasataray, copenhagen, schalke, etc...? just wondering. i can paint this picture however way i want to make my point.

Any production of benzema in france is irrelevant, crap league. During that 32 goal season of benzema, he was great, but where was he vs bayern when we needed him? no he was padding his stats vs the likes of Ajax again, although he did slay City. I can also bring up the fact that playing for madrid can easily inflate your number. Look at that lad bale, couldnt even square 10 assists in any of his previous season, but all of a sudden he has 17. just food for thought.

The league campaign that Suarez realized this season in England is better than anything benzema has ever done in a league season. Him playing for a team of weaker talent level, but willing his team to wins week in and week out. I am not even sure how u can argue this. The most benzema ever scored in a league season is 21 in la liga, Suarez clocked at 31 and took his team places no one ever expected to be. We cant even count on Benzema to help us win la liga because he is never consistent throughout the year.

As for Isco, not surprised to bring him up again in a discussion that has nothing to do with him, stop reaching bro. What he did in Final was outstanding, playing CM with Modric, but oh well...

At the end of the day, no one is looking to convince anyone, there would be no point. If Suarez comes to madrid and Benzema leaves, we will see what happens. Reality to me remains that Suarez is a superior footballer, yet that doesnt mean he would do better in madrid.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue May 27, 2014 12:59 am

As it typically happens I think a lot of movement will be made after the WC.

At this time it is too difficult to predict transfers- particularly for RM.

As for the Benz continued nonsense I could take him or leave him at this point. Every year we see a new excuse. It's his first season, his time is split with Higuain so he needs more game time, Ronaldo makes him look bad, he plays too many games and is fatigued, I could go on.

I've never seen anyone go so far out of their way to defend a player. The fact of the matter is he is a great player, just very inconsistent. Is there a better option out there? Who knows, it would be a gamble regardless of who is bought in for the position.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue May 27, 2014 2:28 am

deez leave it brah, if you have nothing to contribute and stfu, anyway nick fine we had this discussion before, so now we have to wait, like how you shot down benzema 32 goal season and yet praising suarez for feasting on scrubs :facepalm:, oh wait he did it with aggression and drive Laughing, expect against the big teams those don't count

its funny how everyone agreed they can't see benzema scoring as much as suarez couple pages back, yet he has done so twice already but still under him due to lack of aggression Laughing, not sure if footy or mma hmm
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 27, 2014 2:47 am

Benzema scored 31 all competition, Suarez did it in the league alone, and he missed the first seven game. 31 in 32 was it? something ridiculous like that.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue May 27, 2014 6:06 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
chad4401 wrote:you serious? Laughing, suarez who is a super special one of a kind player did bleep against the top 4 in the epl, but i wildly overrate benz? rofl, why cause i don't throw him under the bus as some average player, half of those super special goals came against fodders ffs

your vastly underrating him, cause it him and he doesn't deserve to be rated cause 90% of this forum would look stupid like the clowns who said and i quote "sold the wrong striker" and "we will never win anything with benzema starting", yeah you or anyone else in this forum ain't changing my mind brah

#popularcontest
Games vs big teams are mostly a factor of how tactically your team sets up vs the opposition. And in those, Liverpool mostly underwhelmed last season. That's why Suarez didnt score much vs those teams this year. I think Red has his record vs the same teams in the previous years and it's much better, like the way he skinned the whole united defense to set up a goal. Another cheap comment, we joke about it so much that you have started to believe that he cant do anything vs those teams.

wait a minute now lol.

As far as I remember, Liverpool did pretty good in big games this year, and they were tactically set up pretty great. Suarez didn't score because well, you don't always have to score to play well. ff, the 5:0 against Arsenal anyone who saw the game would say Suarez had a fantastic game, even though he didn't score, setting up goals for Sturridge and Sterling.
But I was interrupting go ahead.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue May 27, 2014 6:57 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Benzema scored 31 all competition, Suarez did it in the league alone, and he missed the first seven game. 31 in 32 was it? something ridiculous like that.

yeah scoring 4 on norwich's of the worlds are the stuff of legends, but not using those super awesome abilities in title deciding matches are myths, hiding behind unbelievable nutmegs on scrubs defenders on youtube :bow:, anyway suarez is a fantastic player no doubt but its not some vast improvement people are trying to make it seems, what next level is there to take?

btw nick saurez took 180+ to score 31

benz took 102 to score 17 and he played 4 more games

more shots more goals shocker Rolling Eyes, nah too logical lets just say suarez is a far superior player and benzema can never reach that level rofl
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue May 27, 2014 1:56 pm

''more shots more goal'' argument is hillarious...Messi, Cristiano,Suarez etc takes more shots because they can actually score some impossible goals....

When was the last time Benzema scored from outside the box? pls tell me....i dont even remember lol

The argument that a simply good finisher like Benzema would score same amount of goals like Messi,Cristiano,Suarez if took the same amount of shot is simply hilarious and can only stem from blind fanboyism.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue May 27, 2014 5:06 pm

adit your annoying no real argument, just trying to discredit your opinion is worth zero, you can't even review a match you just watch clearly Laughing

btw benz scored 2 goals outside the box this season clown, hit the crossbar twice and you watch madrid every week rofl

this forum keeps proving me right  Rolling Eyes
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Tue May 27, 2014 5:13 pm

Actually i can think of a couple immediately Adit from passes by Jese on the left.  On one, he took a one time shot into the left hand corner and, on the other, he took one touch and scored.  Both from just outside the box.  

I also remember two rockets that ended on the crossbar, one of which was against Barca.

Also remember a goal just inside the box from a pass by Modric.

He doesn't take many distance shots because, frankly, we have Ronaldo and Bale.  There's absolutely no need for him to take those kinds of shots.  His job is to stay in the box and keep the CBs from coming out on Bale/CR7.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue May 27, 2014 6:00 pm

Sell Illaramendi.

The worst player that Madrid has bought in recent years.

This opinion is based on his huge price tag and his poor performance throughout the entire season.

He has shown glimpses of being a decent footballer, nothing special.

Couldn't even prove himself to Ancelotti to start the final. Ancelotti had to start a recently recovered Khedira. who was not even match sharp.

wasted 30 million.

He is 24 years of age. at this age he should be showing some signs of this "talent".

Wasted 30mil on this useless player.

This may seem harsh but, he shouldn't get any special treatment because he is Spanish.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue May 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Cyborg wrote:Sell Illaramendi.

The worst player that Madrid has bought in recent years.

This opinion is based on his huge price tag and his poor performance throughout the entire season.

He has shown glimpses of being a decent footballer, nothing special.

Couldn't even prove himself to Ancelotti to start the final. Ancelotti had to start a recently recovered Khedira. who was not even match sharp.

wasted 30 million.

He is 24 years of age. at this age he should be showing some signs of this "talent".

Wasted 30mil on this useless player.

This may seem harsh but, he shouldn't get any special treatment because he is Spanish.

this is just horsearse, every line lol.  
1) what we paid to acquire him has nothing to do with how good he is, it's about time people grow up with this stuff
2) Illarra showed his quality plenty of time this season, if you didnt see it, it's more a reflection of you not appreciating his qualities.
3)
He is a very good player, but he is trapped into a situation where he hasnt played anything close to what he has done at La Real all season. You can say that he is not very adaptable, that's a better criticism. But truth is that playing Interior or defensive pivot is not natural to him, so us going 433 has seen him struggled for the most part of the year. If you dont play him enough minutes to get him used to his role, and ask him to back up in the most stressful situations, of course it's not going to work.

saying that he is overrated blablabla is a cheap comment

like i said, you can fault his adaptability, and how shy he is, but questioning his football acumen is just ridiculous to me. The real debate is whether the qualities that he has fit the team that we have grown to become by the end of this season.

Debates about players are often a matter of well they fit into a tactical scheme rather than their qualities. this is the case.

What do people except exactly? you think you are going to bring a kid into madrid and from the get go he is going to light it up? or play him once a month and he will look like the new zidane everytime he touches the ball. The same guy modric that has become so important to us, was quite underwhelming last season, and Mourinho was starting him whenever he could.

This is the same stuff that will happen with guys like Rakitic that everyone is literally licking their lips about. he is gonna go from a team where everyone works off the ball to serve him and Bacca, to a team where he is asked to work his socks off off the ball to serve BBC. And when he wont perform the same, he will be called overrated, "Oh we need Ramsey", "oh we need [insert new flava of the year]"
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Tue May 27, 2014 8:14 pm

the qualified football analyst says that illaramendi is a great player. so I change my opinion on him, yea?

its an opinion I would hold until I see him perform or be this new Alonso that people refer to him as.

obviously the price paid says something and would play a part in anyone's opinion on him. if you pay more for something, you expect quality. this is evidence in every facet of life.

he has not proven to me, that he is worth starting for real. he may yet prove me wrong and it would be welcomed.

the system doesn't suit him, he is an introvert and has not adapted.. any excuse or reasoning you want to use is fine. the bottom line is, he has not performed when given the chances. we all know that players and managers have to deliver fast in football nowadays, especially at Madrid.

he reminds me of Gago, people didn't want to hate him and wanted to see him do well, myself included, but he just was not madrid quality.

On another note. don't be disrespectful to Posters who don't share the same views as you.
Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next