Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
McAgger
urbaNRoots
M99
44 posters

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next

Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 8 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:37 pm

@RG: Sure in GoT every character is supposed to be a shade of grey but there are certain characters out there who are not really developed as human beings and are just "evil". Obviously the writers wanted Oberyn to be a great guy and the Mountain to be this big bad monster for dramatic effect.

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 8 Empty Re: Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES*

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:39 pm

That is a fair point. I wanted to see these elite swordsmen in action. It seems like 95% of their build up came from talking and killing scrubs only for them to die/get crippled.

Brienne wasn't/isn't elite imo. She barely bested a malnourished Jaime who spend 1 year in a cage with chains around his hands.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:40 pm

Firenze wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
Firenze wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

He was fighting for a just cause but he was also fighting for selfish reasons. Tyrion is innocent as we all know, but Oberyn wasn't fighting for that just cause of Tyrion but the just cause of his sister's death.

Of course I consider him as a good guy myself. I was just saying that GRRM writes characters in ways that he doesn't consider them either good or bad. There are no heroes or villains in GoT. The only pure evil characters are/were Joffrey and Ramsay.

I feel like Jon Snow is the closest thing to your typical good guy hero, maybe that changes later but he's definitely pure white as opposed to the grey of most characters. That's why I'm not really a fan of his.

Agreed. Although he did break the Night's code by sleeping and falling in love with what's her name. But he did it for the good of the wall so it does make him a batman in the world of Gotham.

Oh and Barristan as well imo.

I'm interested in Barristan, now that Jorah's been banished I hope he gets a more prominent role since I assume he will be filling in the advisor role for Dany, we haven't seen much of him so far and that sucks.

one plus for Jon Snow is that he's constantly involved in an interesting storyline, so I don't dislike him.

Barristan, just like Daavos, is one of the miss-interpreted characters in the Show. Both are so so much more than they are shown. Maybe this will change as it is slowly changing already with Daavos' speech and more time 2 weeks ago and Barristan surely will get more screen time now as well as Jorah is gone. But both are actually part of the main characters crew in Daenyers/Jon/Tyrion/Oberyn/Stannis/Tywin etc.

Hopefully we see more of both of them.

Oh and an interesting question

What next for Jorah?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:40 pm

They need to introduce a couple of elite swordsmen. Build them up and hopefully have them actually fight

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:43 pm

Sandor vs the Mountain hmm

Knowing GRRM's track record the Mountain would win by killing him with a flaming sword Laughing Sad
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:44 pm

Laughing

Nah it's already been called. Another elite fighter is getting killed with some poverty affliction. That bite is deadly ffs.

I hope the elite fighters that are surrounding Dany actually make it back to Westeros and don't die of sea sickness.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:45 pm

DuringTheWar wrote:No point building up these guys as awesome warriors anymore because the guy is obsessed with showing how they are all vulnerable just as anyone else:

Drogo: Goes braindead and killed out of pity by his wife

Oberyn: Has his head smashed apart

Jaime: Has his fighting hand cut off

Awesome swordsman that trained arya: Killed by meryn feckin trant

Karl tanner: Stabbed though throat by a random woman

ect

I guess the hound is probably gonna die from that bite lol

Yea, one of the thing in GoT(TV Show) is that no one gets revenge. Just like what Arya said in the last episode. She wanted to kill him or at least watch Joffrey die. But she wasn't present nor anyone from the North. Killed by someone who wasn't even involved in the North war with the Lannisters.

Regarding the Mountain

We saw he was literally stabbed at numerous places throughout the fight. I really thought he was dying already before he killed Oberyn. He just had enough strength to do that anyways.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:46 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Sandor vs the Mountain hmm

Knowing GRRM's track record the Mountain would win by killing him with a flaming sword Laughing Sad

This is like Kane vs Mark Henry in wwe terms lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:47 pm

Wonder if the Mountain will actually recover. He did get sliced up pretty bad and he did cough blood.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:55 pm

I just hope Dorne get a prominent role now. I liked Oberyn and his girl, hopefully there are more interesting characters from there. I'd imagine it will, especially as the news of Oberyn's death reaches them, though they can't be outraged or anything because he fought of his own choice. Already have enough trouble keeping up with the characters though so adding a new location and a bunch of people, it could get even more chaotic. lol.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:57 pm

I reckon they could pull it, I means most of the starks are gone so there is room for a new faction

Also I reckon Drogo could take the Mountain without armor

He's too big himself to get destroyed by the mountains bare hands like Oberyn did. The same way Drogo himself couldn't just smash a normal guy with his brute strength

plus, Mountain looked ridiculously predictable and sluggish.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:03 am

mountain is supposed to be fast for his size according to bronn and the book apparently, it's just hard to show it on TV..those sword attacks looked ridiculously sluggish lol

plus the mountain is feared and known throughout the world as a monster..that doesn't just come from his appearance, crushed more than his share of opponents, I'd give it to the mountain imo, he may be hodor level intelligent but he has good fight IQ.

Drogo would be at a disadvantage in strength, experience, reach..and he would have a slight edge in speed IMO.

I don't think Drogo would beat The Hound personally.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:07 am

Meh, tbh his reputation comes from going to war. And he's going to war with scrubs. It's all opinion obviously but I mean his reputation comes from slicing up your average man in combat.

I'm just pissed I don't get to see the GOAT viper in plenty of fights. As i'm pissed Jaime is a scrub now and I wanted to see Nedd *bleep* shit up too

Sad
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:07 am

This is my top 5 (from shown characters), I think it's almost impossible since for the most part we don't have anything but comments from other people to gauge their abilities

Barristan Selmy
Robert Baratheon (pre slob)
Oberyn Martell
Prime Jaime
The Mountain

not sure about Jaime though, could switch him and the mountain

I can't remember the guy who trained Jaime..he was said to be the GOAT at the time he was alive if I recall..but I dunno where to rank him

Last edited by Firenze on Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:09 am

Yeah shoutout to main man Rob. Mountain is difficult tbh because he's basically an above average swordsman who's twice the size of most people. He's up there but i'd say any elite fighter would best him if going for the kill.

He's like a tier 2 fighter with a unique advantage over all others.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:17 am

Yoooooo!!

That death was brutal!!!! rofl

Poor Oberyn.

Tyrrion though Sad

Eff Serci!

Baylish the masterful manipulator  Cool  Managed to turn Sansa. What a G!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:20 am

Firenze wrote:This is my top 5 (from shown characters), I think it's almost impossible since for the most part we don't have anything but comments from other people to gauge their abilities

Barristan Selmy
Robert Baratheon (pre slob)
Oberyn Martell
Prime Jaime
The Mountain

not sure about Jaime though, could switch him and the mountain

I can't remember the guy who trained Jaime..he was said to be the GOAT at the time he was alive if I recall..but I dunno where to rank him

Ser Arthur Dayne. He was better than all of them but he is dead so we can leave him out. We can include Robert though because we actually saw him in the TV Show and his death is recent-ish.

Your list is right imo. But the problem arise when there are people who could potentially win against some of the people in the list but have never met/heard or fought with each other.

Like Qhorin halfhand(man who Jon killed to protect his people) was said to be one of the best fighters

Great Jon Umber is said to be a great fighter who we never saw fight.

Mance Ryder as well.

Barristan is most likely the best fighter in the whole of GoT world.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:23 am

Speaking of Sansa

Bit weird-ish scene when she dressed like Angelina Jolie in Maleficient and gave Littlefinger the seductive look. She is 16. Petyr pls

Also LOL at that cringe dialogues between Grey worm and Missendei. "I am glad you saw me" "I am glad I saw you too"

pls, we are all glad we saw u naked Missendei.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:27 am

Looooooool

Agreed. Her tits were just to distract us before the shocking Oberyn death. Should've known.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:45 am

I need a hug ffs Sad

Oberyn and Tyrion's last piece of dialogue Proud
Oberyn: size doesn't matter when you're flat on your back"
Tyrion: "thank god"
Ending his life by setting up a dwarf penis joke is the death of a true king
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:48 am

Size did matter :'(

I'm here for u ffs
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:58 am

Seen this Laughing

Game Of Thrones - Part 4 - *NO BOOK TALK - READ THE RULES* - Page 8 Obery10
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:00 am

Well then....what an episode that was.

Was watching on my PC, realized I was gonna be late to work, but had like 15 minutes left to watch so I copied onto my phone and played the rest of it on the screen in my car on the way to work. Finished in the parking lot....I think way too many people heard Oberyn's screams Laughing

Excellent stuff though from Pedro Pascal. Captured Oberyn's blind, utterly fatal rage precisely.

Oh and Missandei...basically confirmed her suspected hotness...Grey Worm, get in there my son. The berries are gone, but the twig lives ffs.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:13 am

Neal, Khaleesi called them the pillar and the stones
Laughing Had me dying
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:17 am

Lmaoooo yeah

Also, dem screams coming from your car. Your co-workers probably cracked open your trunk to look for hostages
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:24 am

Btw I read through the last couple of pages and a lot of people are overrating Brienne's fighting skills way way too much. RG even said she would beat Drogo rofl

She's good but she ain't tier 1 with prime Selmy, Jaime, Oberyn, King Rob, Gregor.

Daario Naharis seems a good fighter. He's probably Bronn and Sandor level, whom I wouldn't put in tier 1 but just below that. Drogo probably belongs here.

Brienne just below that with Loras and the like. You're boy Locke, possibly Ramsay etc.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 37 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 22 ... 37  Next