Forza
Art Morte
izzy
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Crystal Palace FC Thread

Post by izzy Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:12 pm

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Ncfc-crest-100x100132-3090 1 - 3 Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Crystal_palace_profile

Pardew wrote:After about five minutes I realised I'd picked the wrong team today. Norwich were brilliant for the first 20 minutes.

"We got a bit too comfortable at 2-0 and sat too deep. We should have done better with their goal."

Laughing...................... rofl

This guy man...... anyway, we got lucky. Norwich were clearly the better team and dominated every aspect of the game. We were just more clinical and that's what matters, taking your chances. 3 points on the board, the title is within our grasp.

Zaha had a decent game, was a constant threat.
Puncheon was alright.
Glen Murray was VERY poor, wow.
Cabaye was good. He didn't really help to control the midfield or bring a sense of control, but when you play 3 at the back and 4 up top, leaving 2 in the middle, it's pretty hard to do anything. We are fcking Palace btw. Laughing

More on the game is here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33744606

izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:22 pm

Zaha: Palace Are Ready For Big Teams

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Zaha-norwich-4361-2604208_478x359

Crystal Palace Site wrote:Wilfried Zaha has revealed that Palace are ready to take on the Premier League's big boys, as the squad now boasts players capable of picking passes and settling nerves.

The Eagles kicked off their 2015-16 campaign with a 3-1 win over Norwich City at Carrow Road, with Zaha opening the scoring in the first half. It was a superb display from the winger, who caused the Canaries endless trouble during his stint on the left-wing, before being replaced by Yannick Bolasie late on.

Alan Pardew switched Zaha to the left, and Jason Puncheon to the right, after admitting that his initial team selection wasn't working - as Norwich made a strong start upon their return to the top flight.

"We didn't start the game in the best way really, but we managed to get a hold on the game and managed to score our goals when we had the chances, so we're happy," said Zaha, speaking after the game.

New signing Yohan Cabaye slotted home the third for Palace, in the dying seconds of the tie, following a complete midfield performance from the France international.

"I think the team seems a bit more dangerous going forward, we've got the players now to pick out the passes, me and Bolasie are just buzzing about that," Zaha said, speaking about the summer improvements made to the squad.

"Every run we make, we know we're going to be found, so it's happy days for us!"

Palace have looked more threatening and expansive in possession under Alan Pardew, as the manager continued to impose his style on the squad during pre-season. Zaha believes that the result of the manager's input is that the Eagles can now take the game to bigger teams, rather than relying on a watertight defence and rapid counter-attacks.

"Before, what we basically told ourselves was to defend throughout," he said. "But now we've actually got players that can settle it down and find the pass, so I think we're ready for teams like that this season."

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/news/article/winger-wilfried-zaha-believes-that-crystal-palace-are-ready-to-take-on-the-premier-leagues-big-guns-thanks-to-their-summer-signings-and-alan-pardew-2604217.aspx
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:26 pm

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Crystal_palace100 1-2 Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 100661-3526

Alan Pardew wrote:The game changed on two incidents. We hit the post at 1-1 and you have to argue they are lucky to have 11 players. Everyone knew in the stadium he should have gone.

"The game was very even, they play a different style. They were good, much better than against West Ham. Sharper in the mind and we stlll feel aggrieved we haven't come out with anything.

"I thought the three new boys were our best players and we know the others are great. That is a good sign. Arsenal were a hurt animal but the early period was bad for us, we made a lot of mistakes."

"I said to Lee Mason 'listen. That tackle before half time is not a sending off at that point but that's his last chance, you know that'.

"He then makes the foul and he's (should be) off at that point. Arsene Wenger knew that and took him off.

"It's a decision Lee Mason needs to be braver on."

First Home game of the season ends in defeat. No

We started off very slowly (again) and it seems to be that the front 4 don't really have an idea of how they should play together and operate. The game was going very similar to the Norwich game as Arsenal were creating chance after chance and missing them, however, the quality of opposition that we were up against shone through when Ozil found Giroud, the ball was behind him but it was a fantastic finish from him. Great goal.

We were still on the back-foot, but we were slowly creeping into the game and out of nowhere, a quick move ended with Ward powering a a shot just outside of the box into the far corner past Cech.

Lucky to be tied at halftime.

Started the second half much better and were competing with them and of course, Wickham gets very unlucky with his shot hitting the post. Have to take our chances. We didn't. We got punished. No way should Sanchez be out-jumping anyone in our backline and from that Delaney puts it in his own net. Unlucky really but one moment of sloppiness against the top sides result in that.

From then on, Arsenal controlled the game, creating chance after the chance. We only started having some clear cut chances once Wenger decided to protect the lead. Lee, my God, you HAVE to take that with your left foot regardless if you aren't comfortable with it. Unacceptable.

Key Players:
Zaha: Awful game for him. Nothing worked for him at all and was rightfully subbed off. Our worst player by some distance.
Bolasie: Lacking Match sharpness. Very evident to see.
Cabaye: Again, when you play 4 up top and have McArthur as his partner...... expect to get overrun and not have a huge impact.
Wickham: Nice presence up front. Made himself known and was always an outlet.
Souare: Had a good game on the left. Made himself available for support and wasn't really caught out (except that Ozil turn).

P.S. Coquelin should of been sent off. No debate there. Ridiculous by that fat mess Lee Mason.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:29 am

Europa League incoming mate , I can't wait for it :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 am

The similarities there are amazing Laughing

Also we complained about Cabaye in a 2 man midfield for ages.

He looked like a god behind the striker in a 433 though, apart from a 6 game period it just didn't happen until the last 6 months of his career for us.

No idea what the alternatives are for you though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:23 pm

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Crystal_palace100 2-1 Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Aston_Villa_0

Rinse and Repeat.

Literally, this went the same as as our other two games went.
Complete clusterfck during the first half. No continuity, no real pressure, no real chances, just nothing. Villa were very comfortable in how they were setup, in fact, I think they were taken by surprise with how bad we were and should be annoyed that they didn't come out stronger and really put us on the back foot especially for a team that is going to struggle to score goals this season. There is literally nothing to talk about during the first half, most exciting thing was the water break.

Rinse and Repeat.

Second half starts and we immediately look better, sharper and more threatening. Zaha and Murray were withdrawn for Gayle and Mutch and the team sparked into life, especially Sakho. But of course, with us looking to open the game up, it left Cabaye and Mutch alone in the middle of the park. Jack Grealish had a hell of a game for Villa, bossed the play whenever he had the ball. Thought we scored when Gayle's shot hit McArthur's chest and went in, but he was clearly offside........ refs took their sweet time figuring that one out, at least they got it right..... Rolling Eyes
The breakthrough did come when Scott Dann scored from a corner. It was deserved.
Enter Traore. Kid completely swung the game in Villa's favor and gave Souare ALL SORTS of problems down the left. It was clear this was a mismatch and Villa got him the ball a lot and a quick turn of pace and run into the box led to his cross to be deflected in.
Game was back and forth after that and was clear that someone was gonna make a mistake that would gift a chance................ Thank God it fell to us.Laughing
Dann was able to intercept the ball high up the pitch and feed it to Sakho on the edge of the box and he picked out the bottom corner and we win 2-1. Still in the title race and still maintain our rank as the best club in London. :coffee:

Zaha - Awful again. These are the types of games which he should make his own. Terrible today.
Murray - The way he played is the reason why we need to keep hold off Gayle. He won't cut it.
Cabaye - See Norwich and Arsenal games. Laughing
Puncheon - Pardew said he should be in the England team............. yeah, no. Anonymous.
Sakho - Was the bright spot and was a constant threat. Great debut by him.
Dann - Games like today show why he was our player of the year last season. Rock solid.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:53 pm

I thought Zaha was good, beat his man a few times and looked like the most dangerous Eagle in the first-half. Lacks end-product, but no way he was awful.

Also, it's Sako, not Sakho...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:12 pm

Really? He was terrible imo.

This is the 2nd time in a row that the team has improved in the final third once he came off. Beating his guy (Bacuna and sometimes Amavi) is expected of him but he did nothing with the ball. Against Arsenal it was like, "OK, It's Arsenal, 2nd game of the year, OK". But Villa? He was just bad to me, but I do put a lot of it down to Pardew's selections. The team has no continuity to start games and it forces the forwards to start to drift into each others space and it all gets disjointed.

Perfect example is Puncheon today. He wasn't bad or awful, but he didn't really make a difference out there. Once the 2nd half started, it seemed like he had no idea what he was supposed to do so just tried to play it smart.

The quicker Pardew realizes that a two man midfield won't work, the better. He needs to start assigning specific roles for the forwards because it's all over the place right now.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:22 pm

Izzy repeating things i have been saying for years Proud

Unless he's suddenly had an epiphany he's not gonna change, just better hope that the defense remains solid enough and the attackers create something to get results.

Not taking the piss here either, i'm genuinely being honest everything you are saying is something i noticed on a weekly basis and i was hoping he'd adapt but he never did.

You are just going to have to accept it and hope the results come, which lets be honest at least in the short term they probably will.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:41 pm

I just don't get what he's going for.

You can't play a 2 man midfield with Zaha and Puncheon out-wide and hope they drift into the middle, they are natural wingers, they are gonna play out there all game and try to continually beat their man.

So, you would hope that the striker is like Ibra or Benzema. Someone who can hold up play and get the midfielders involved, but, that makes no sense because the gameplan is clearly for the midfielders to get the ball out wide to the wingers, rendering the target man useless, so why is Glenn Murray playing?

I'm just confused on what Pardew wants to do. I know Bolasie didn't play because he stepdad died, but I think he might be sold before the the window closes, so that hopefully leaves Pardew with a clear view of his team.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:29 pm

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 100px-Chelsea_FC.svg V Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Crystal_palace100

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Maribor-chelsea

So, we going up against the champions (and my pick to win the PL this year). Could be a long afternoon if Pardew continues with this two man midfield madness. Here's hoping that we can give a good account of ourselves and be up for this game as soon as we kick off. Of course it isn't a must win and 6pts from a possible 9 is a fantastic start especially considering how we have started games so far but a good showing for a full 90 mins would be great to see.
Chelsea are coming into the game after a very good win @WBA. The CL draw has been VERY kind to them (AGAIN Laughing) so it wouldn't surprise me if they try and take us out in the first 20 mins. I think that the team is starting to settle after a shaky start. (Here's hoping for ANOTHER red card Laughing)

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Crystal_palace100 Crystal Palace team news:
- Bolasie has told Pardew that he will be available to play this weekend so there's that.
- Miles Jedinak got injured in midweek in the win over Shrewsbury, hamstring problem.
- Conner Wickham should be available after a rib problem.
- Speroni is back in full training as well.

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 100px-Chelsea_FC.svg Chelsea team news:
- Terry is out because of his red card vs WBA. I expect Zouma to come in.
- Pedro will probably keep his place after a good debut.
- No other real issues.

Chelsea possible starting XI: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Zouma, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Pedro, Willian, Hazard, Costa.

Crystal Palace possible starting XI: McCarthy, Ward, Delaney, Dann, Souare, McArthur, Cabaye, Puncheon, Sako, Bolasie, Murray.

Prediction: Chelsea 3-1 Crystal Palace
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:54 pm

YESSSS IZZYYY
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:48 pm

:bow:
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:55 pm

Robespierre wrote:Europa League incoming mate , I can't wait for it :coffee:

*We are going to get this smoking
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:15 pm

Holy Shit, I ain't posted here in almost a month. Laughing (Been preoccupied, but I'm back.)

Didn't watch any of the games but oh well.

Quick run down:
Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 100px-Chelsea_FC.svg 1-2 Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Crystal_palace100

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Crystal_palace100 0-1 Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Manchester-city

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Tottenham-hotspur-logo 1-0 Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Crystal_palace100

Where this leaves:
http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb.html

8th after back to back defeats.

Next up: Charlton in midweek.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:27 pm

Didn't catch them weekend gone so I can't say how they did, hopefully anyone can give a brief run down bar the obvious loss. Charlton should be winnable though.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:52 am

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Crystal_palace100 v Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 42151-3053

12.45 Lunch Time Kick-Off. cheers (I'll probably have a Meal Deal as my lunch)

Anyway, it's the return of the GOAT, the OG Triple OG........
Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 TONY-Pulis

After Palace won an intense SUPER Sunday game against Watford last week, WBA lost in heartbreaking fashion to Everton on the Monday Night Football, surrendering a two-goal lead at home and losing 3-2. Odd, that a Tony Pulis team would be so out of sorts defensively, he won't stand for that and I expect them to be a lot more rigid and tough to break down. Crystal Palace are currently 7th, WBA are currently 15th.

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Crystal_palace100 Team News:
Injured: Delaney (groin), Jedinak (hamstring), Ward (knee), Wickham (calf, all 17 Oct), Chamakh (hamstring, 31 Oct), Appiah (knee, Feb)

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 42151-3053 Team News:
Injured: McAuley (calf), Olsson (groin), RĂ³ndon (match fitness, all 17 Oct), Foster (knee, Jan)

Key Man: Berahino - He said he wouldn't play, but I'm not so sure........... hmm
Predictions: Let's show Pulis what he's missing and heap further misery on them, 3-1 Palace.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:04 pm

Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Crystal_palace100 1-3 Crystal Palace FC Thread - Page 2 Westham

:facepalm:

....................... I'll edit this post and post my thoughts when I calm down.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2