jibers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
sportsczy
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL:  Bielsa to OM Empty OFFICIAL: Bielsa to OM

Post by sportsczy Thu May 01, 2014 11:26 pm

drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking 

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: 

And by the way, the only reason this happened was because they needed to find a way to compete with PSG and Monaco.  They can't do it with spending...  so they invested in the best coach they could get.  If it weren't for PSG/Monaco, OM never make this move...  this is for those who question why i'm happy that PSG/Monaco are lifting Ligue 1.

Last edited by sportsczy on Fri May 02, 2014 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL:  Bielsa to OM Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Bielsa to OM

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu May 01, 2014 11:29 pm

I give it a week before Gignac collapses.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 01, 2014 11:31 pm

Valbuena is on his way out apparently... Bielsa doesn't like him for whatever reason.

But yeah, i fear for Gignac's health.... many others too. OM needs to make sure they have all the right insurance policies Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu May 01, 2014 11:32 pm

Good to see you back brah. I thought you said you were never posting here again? What changed your mind fella?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 01, 2014 11:34 pm

Been following this news for months now and could not be more happier.

Marcelo Bielsa remains the hero of Athletic and its Bilbai for what how he brought back Basque Futbol and it echoes till today. L'OM in this stale series of seasonal results below their standard finally have a manager who will not only provide resultat, yet bring the verve and energy into players who are severely disillusioned by their current situational.

I was furious the day Bielsa was let go by Urrutia and now seeing him return to a club I quietly cherish is a delectable treat.

Marcelo Bielsa, essentially represents the direction of OM in a new era with a meticulously built Velodrome and the youth to exploit.

Better news is that he plans to bring cantexa and players alike from Athletic to which will suit his philosophy.

I enjoy PSG's success and support Monaco's project yet L'OM are my team in Ligue 1 now that Bielsa has taken the helm.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 01, 2014 11:34 pm

It's a WC year... i'll take a break after the WC. Just delaying things. I need a break from message boards for sure though.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Thu May 01, 2014 11:35 pm

sportsczy wrote:drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking 

And by the way, the only reason this happened was because they needed to find a way to compete with PSG and Monaco.  They can't do it with spending...  so they invested in the best coach they could get.  If it weren't for PSG/Monaco, OM never make this move...  this is for those who question why i'm happy that PSG/Monaco are lifting Ligue 1.

hopefully PSG and monaco will convince Pinault to open up his wallet  Laughing Laughing 

domino effect in full swing :bow:
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 01, 2014 11:37 pm

farfan wrote:
sportsczy wrote:drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking 

hopefully PSG and monaco will convince Pinault to open up his wallet  Laughing Laughing 

domino effect in full swing :bow:
They got Montanier. It would be criminal not to get him good enough players for his project... but so far, Pinault has been the arse that he usually is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu May 01, 2014 11:40 pm

Bielsa is a great coach, but not even he can make average/poor players into good. At Bilbao he at least had good to very good players.

Marseille still needs to get rid of the deadwood and players like Ayew brothers who have not developed since they were 17 and get a new set of core.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 01, 2014 11:48 pm

Actually Bilbao were middle of the table fodder before Bielsa... 11th, 13th and 8th in the 3 years before he arrived. Pretty much the same place as OM: Young talent with alleged poor attitude, a few good players and lack of combativity which drove the fans crazy (trademark of the team). Bielsa basically brought the pride and fight back in Bilbao.

OM has the same... Thauvin, Lemina, Imbula and Benjamin Mendy are all talented but undisciplined. Can't deny the talent of Valbuena, Gignac and Payet. The team just lacks leadership and an identity.

Jordan Ayew is gone btw... and i personally like Andre Ayew. He's one of those players that does all the dirty work. He's not the problem.

The team has a 20-40 mil annual spending budget in summer (depending on CL qualification) and that's expected to go up once the stadium is finished. So Bielsa can get some nice players too... rumor is that he's already targeted some guys in south america to come over.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 01, 2014 11:51 pm

:bow:

Will go back to bandwagonning for OM for the first time since Droit left  Molenation 
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu May 01, 2014 11:52 pm

sportsczy wrote:Actually Bilbao were middle of the table fodder before Bielsa...   11th, 13th and 8th in the 3 years before he arrived.  Pretty much the same place as OM:  Young talent with alleged poor attitude, a few good players and lack of combativity which drove the fans crazy (trademark of the team).  Bielsa basically brought the pride and fight back in Bilbao.

OM has the same...  Thauvin, Lemina, Imbula and Benjamin Mendy are all talented but undisciplined.  Can't deny the talent of Valbuena, Gignac and Payet.  The team just lacks leadership and an identity.

Jordan Ayew is gone btw...  and i personally like Andre Ayew.  He's one of those players that does all the dirty work.  He's not the problem.

The team has a 20-40 mil annual spending budget in summer (depending on CL qualification) and that's expected to go up once the stadium is finished.  So Bielsa can get some nice players too...  rumor is that he's already targeted some guys in south america to come over.

Essentially what I said in my post above.

Athletic were reaching a steady stream of results under Caparross who IS a solid tactician yet his pragmatism and cautious approach to Basque Futbol did not optimize upon our players; hence why Bielsa is still loved within Bilbao.

L'OM remain the same as an untapped hearth of talent, to which is even more apparent if you know Bielsa's calculated approach in taking a club.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu May 01, 2014 11:57 pm

Baup was a good tactician, but terrible at managing kids and terribly negative in his tactics.  Anigo is just a failure all around.  Frankly, i'm surprised we're still in the top 10 teams in Ligue 1 with this clown as our manager.

He's failed the test to get his coaching license in France multiple times Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri May 02, 2014 12:02 am

It will interesting to see this . I wonder sometimes would Inter would have been  if Bielsa would have signed with us in June 2011 ( we contacted him but he had given already his word to Athletic Bilbao)

Marseille is the most passionate France city and it can fall in love easily with Marcelo Bielsa, as he did with Bilbao.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri May 02, 2014 2:24 am

Interesting, never made up my mind about Bielsa, will see how he does Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri May 02, 2014 2:36 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote::bow:

Will go back to bandwagonning for OM for the first time since Droit left  Molenation 

Agreed, PSG/Monaco only got me to watch Ligue 1 once in a blue moon, but this is the true pull for me.

Back to bandwagonning Molenation
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 02, 2014 2:50 am

sportsczy wrote:Actually Bilbao were middle of the table fodder before Bielsa...   11th, 13th and 8th in the 3 years before he arrived.  

And then 10th and 12th with him with some of the most talented young players in the league at his disposal. His full pitch man marking was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Got pulled apart like spandex on Miami Beach in the CdR final. Centerbacks following Messi 50 yards upfield when he drops deep. Laughing 3-0 game over after 20 minutes. Could have been double digits if we actually bothered after that. 4th place immediately after he left under Valverde. Laughing

He's a drill instructor who makes players sweat and run and that's the only positive with Bielsa. Ultimate hipster coach.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri May 02, 2014 3:05 am

The worst failure by Bielsa is definitely World Cup 2002

Burgos · 2 Ayala · 3 Sorín · 4 Pochettino · 5 Almeyda · 6 Samuel · 7 C. López · 8 Zanetti · 9 Batistuta · 10 Ortega · 11 Verón · 12 Cavallero · 13 Placente · 14 Simeone · 15 Husaín · 16 Aimar · 17 G. López · 18 González · 19 Crespo · 20 Gallardo · 21 Caniggia · 22 Chamot · 23 Bonano ·

Prime Samuel, prime Crespo, prime Batistuta, prime Veron , prime Zanetti ,almost prime Simeone etc...

Not passed the group stage . Still schocked.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri May 02, 2014 3:24 am

Pep: "Argentina played the best football in the 2002 world cup"

Style > Results Proud
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri May 02, 2014 3:27 am

he said it after 0-4 against Bayern?  Laughing Proud

too many Paulaner Proud

jokes aside, the coexistence Ortega-Aimaer didn't work, probably the main reason for that incredible elimination . Initially Argentina call up 40 players and the reserve sometimes (then not called for the final squad ) beated the team with Batistuta,Veron,Zanetti ... , there was too compettion that year, it was a golden period for Argentina ( then there will be Messi,Mascherano,Tevez...),and infact I  remember still how many expectations for that Argentina leaded by Bielsa so as to believe they'd destroyed all  Neutral
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri May 02, 2014 3:56 pm

If I remember correctly Bielsa attempted his hilarious 3-1-3-3 in 2002 and ostracized Aimar and Crespo and that's why they got owned by scrubs.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri May 02, 2014 4:08 pm

he was 10 seconds away from winning the copa america in 2004 before getting pwned by adriano.

farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri May 02, 2014 4:18 pm

adriano ffs never forgotten
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Fri May 02, 2014 4:51 pm

I reminded Aimar ( anyway for me Aimar is the most inexpressed Argentinian talent of last 15 years) as starter and Crespo yes ostracized, anyway BC will know it..
Batistuta was better than Crespo , but Crespo was better than Batistuta in that year, and infact we bought him as Ronaldo's replacement because the Brazilian wanted to go in Madrid..

Anyway credit to Bielsa because he was confirmed after that awful failure when whoever would have been sacked.
But the players very easily fall in love for him and this was the decisive factor for being confirmed (Zanetti definied Bielsa as  his favourite manager). in Marseille it can happen same thing , and it will be for me  , Bielsa is an eccentric personality but  he tends always to create a kind of empathy with envoriment where he works .
And this choice was fruitful because Argentina won Olympic Games in 2004 and it was very close to win American Cup (I remember to have supported Argentina because I wanted to see Zanetti wining it but his Inter teammate Adriano was not of same opinion).
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri May 02, 2014 5:35 pm

farfan wrote:he was 10 seconds away from winning the copa america in 2004 before getting pwned by adriano.

Proud 
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next