BeautifulGame
terrance511
M99
Tomwin Lannister
Onyx
72 posters

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid (agg 1-3) - 2nd leg discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid (agg 1-3) - 2nd leg discussion

Post by Mamad Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:40 pm

izzy wrote:
Mamad wrote:Some managers aka Mou like to give the ball to their opponents and use their mistakes to score a goal More Often. they are different to managers who like to have the ball and create.

yeah every goal is a result of a mistake somehow. everybody knows that but use your  brain if you have one and just try to understand the difference.

It doesn't matter the style. Both types of Managers are trying to force the same issue; to force a mistake out of their opponents with their set-up and capitilize on it.
Having more of the ball doesn't mean you are less likely to rely on the mistakes of your opponents.

EVERY Manager does that, every game.

Oh stop. don't embarrass yourself. i know you know what i meant and i know you want to make me look stupid but you are doing the opposite and making yourself look stupid. just stop.

Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid (agg 1-3) - 2nd leg discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Chelsea 1-3 Atletico Madrid (agg 1-3) - 2nd leg discussion

Post by izzy Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:41 pm

chad4401 wrote:see deflecting the argument with some garbage come back, you watched the game tonight? how many chance chelsea created by forcing atleti to make mistakes? the moment the game was level the tie was lost, cause they have no real plan other than get a goal and defend, you remember last season you clown it was the same, no mistakes we lost almost all of our big games cause we were predictable and easy to handle.

Sigh.

Mistakes are made in every game and Managers use different set-ups and line-ups in which they feel will best result in an oppurtunity they can captitlize on. If you actually read my initial question before jumping in you would have known the question I asked was;
Name one team in football history that has won a game in which their opponents didn't make a mistake?

Saying that a Manager only relies on the mistakes of his opponents to win games makes no sense, every mananger does.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:44 pm

izzy wrote:
chad4401 wrote:see deflecting the argument with some garbage come back, you watched the game tonight? how many chance chelsea created by forcing atleti to make mistakes? the moment the game was level the tie was lost, cause they have no real plan other than get a goal and defend, you remember last season you clown it was the same, no mistakes we lost almost all of our big games cause we were predictable and easy to handle.

Sigh.

Mistakes are made in every game and Managers use different set-ups and line-ups in which they feel will best result in an oppurtunity they can captitlize on. If you actually read my initial question before jumping in you would have known the question I asked was;
Name one team in football history that has won a game in which their opponents didn't make a mistake?

Saying that a Manager only relies on the mistakes of his opponents to win games makes no sense, every mananger does.

Laughing

Took the words right out of my mouth Izzy. Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:45 pm

u guys getting smushed by izzy rofl
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:47 pm

izzy wrote:

Sigh.

FcK yes !!!

I know teams which scored from half way line

are those mistakes ???

Teams won without making mistakes if thats your question

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Conceding a goal from the half way line is a big mistake from the keeper. rofl
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:49 pm

boyzis wrote:
izzy wrote:

Sigh.

FcK yes !!!

I know teams which scored from half way line

are those mistakes ???

Teams won without making mistakes if thats your question

Poor gk positioning rofl

For someone to score a mistake HAS to be made, a missed tackle, not making the right decision etc...

You can tell the people that really understand football from this thread tbh...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:50 pm

jibers wrote:

Laughing

It's like they've never watched the sport before. Laughing

Example: Pep and his Tiki Taka system.

It's a clearly a system which plays to the strengths of his team as it allows them to dominate the ball and control the tempo of the game. In doing this, it forces the opposition back, forces them to sit deeper than they would like to. Becuase of this, it allows Pep's teams to put more pressure on their opponents in finding gaps, playing one twos etc. Because of the extreme level of technical ability of his players, Pep knows they have the Football IQ to see a mistake made by the opposition and exploit it by attacking that area of the pitch.

Relying on a mistake to win them the game/score a goal.

Last edited by izzy on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:50 pm

izzy wrote:

argentina-england 1986  :coffee:

Last edited by farfan on Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:51 pm

izzy wrote:

Sigh.

so if you understood what mamad was trying to say then why even make an argument in the first place?

of course mistakes leads to goal everyone knows that, the point was about forcing mistakes by taking the game to them or just lucking out waiting for a lapse in concentration there is a difference.

so mamad had a point with his initial post even if it wasn't that clearly stated
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:52 pm

They are saying one manager doesn't rely more on opponents mistakes and less on his attacking tactics to score than other manager.

yeah right  Laughing  .
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:53 pm

farfan wrote:argentina-england 1986  :coffee:

So you don't think none of the Engaland players not swipping down Maradona on route to his second wasn't a mistake?  Very Happy 
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:53 pm

It just doesnt make sense that Atleti with that thin squad never gets tired, even in an away game. They just jog more laps around the pitch in training than the "super intens worlds best league teams"?

Sorry, dont buy it that Atleti is that much better than Chelsea.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:54 pm

I know they actually didn't win the game, but they won the tie, so Iniesta's stunner against Chelsea a few years back. Where's the mistake in that? hmm
Should he have been closed down? hmm
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:55 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:u guys getting smushed by izzy rofl

It's actually amazing reading some of their stuff.

This is the basics of football (sport in general).
You learn this when you're like 7 or 8 years old.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:56 pm

what if someone scored a goal which cant be stopped thats not a mistake by the opponent. Wonder Goal...

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:56 pm

izzy wrote:
jibers wrote:

Laughing

It's like they've never watched the sport before. Laughing

Example: Pep and his Tiki Taka system.

It's a clearly a system which plays to the strengths of his team as it allows them to dominate the ball and control the tempo of the game. In doing this, it forces the opposition back, forces them to sit deeper than they would like to. Becuase of this, it allows Pep's teams to put more pressure on their opponents in finding gaps, playing one twos etc. Because of the extreme level of technical ability of his players, Pep knows they have the Football IQ to see a mistake made by the opposition and exploit it by attacking that area of the pitch.

Relying on a mistake to win them the game/score a goal.

rofl izzy trying to sound smart, aren't you same guy who was laughing like crazy when i said benz was a very intelligent player? or expecting players who rotate every week to be on their top form constantly? stfu and stop deluding yourself Laughing, if you don't need to make argument then don't, post normally like everybody else and state your opinion.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:57 pm

Sensational win. Chelsea in their warped 4-5-1 modification were in pure intention to conceal their cowardice squad players where they looked a fish out of water. Mourinho deploying this XI another mark of how old age seems to be robbing the testosterone from his body in such an indecisive selection to which lacked purpose and was tactically as congruent as a Tony Mowbray squad. What is served from such shrivelling away from risk and usage of this billion dollar squad if squat is squeezed from them in such dire fashion?

In the battlefield, such defensive tactic and indecisiveness is a product of weakness. Quite felt bad for Hazard who has to play week in week out in this football formed by a chisel, flint and sticks as the gameplan was just not there
Atlético, were sublime in all quarters of play, using a rather narrow Chelsea to exploit them via the flanks and eventually the defensive shape was not maintained. Post-Costa Goal Chelsea decided that they were forced to score, a task they seem thoroughly uncomfortable with, thus opening them at the seams while Atlético went for the jugular.

Luis my MOTM as his playing style tonight resembles Maldini it all it's influence in the play and with some wonderful touches.

Completely outwitted by Simeone. Get this scrub Mou back to Setubal where he can play all the "fiñha" football he wants.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:59 pm

chad4401 wrote:rofl izzy trying to sound smart, aren't you same guy who was laughing like crazy when i said benz was a very intelligent player? or expecting players who rotate every week to be on their top form constantly? stfu and stop deluding yourself Laughing, if you don't need to make argument then don't, post normally like everybody else and state your opinion.

I'm not trying too sound smart, what I posted was common knowledge. Everyone on the forum knows that.

It's not my fault if you're struggling to understand the basics of sport in general.

LOL at you bringing up Benzema. You really love that guy don't you?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:59 pm

El Gunner wrote:I know they actually didn't win the game, but they won the tie, so Iniesta's stunner against Chelsea a few years back. Where's the mistake in that? hmm

Essien clearing the ball to Messi? Or whoever it was should have booted it out Laughing

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:00 pm

You guys are discussing meaningless things. By "mistake" the guy who started the argument obviously meant a "brainfart mistake that shouldn't happen". When Messi and Iniesta play one-twos and unsettle the defense through intricate passing it can also be considered a "mistake" by the defense to not stop it but that's obviously not the same sort of mistake as a defender slipping away and literally gifting a goal.

Why are people discussing meaningless stuff like that, fss. Make fun of Chelsea u poses.

Chelsea. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:01 pm

chad4401 wrote: aren't you same guy who was laughing like crazy when i said benz was a very intelligent player?
tbf, that is funny
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:01 pm

show some love to 7-0-3 formation guys

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:03 pm

jibers wrote:
El Gunner wrote:I know they actually didn't win the game, but they won the tie, so Iniesta's stunner against Chelsea a few years back. Where's the mistake in that? hmm

Essien clearing the ball to Messi? Or whoever it was should have booted it out Laughing

Okay, so what you guys are saying is that every goal happens because of a defensive mistake. That that's the main and sole reason we see goals - just because of a mistake.
I want to argue this so bad, but I think my young brain needs to sleep on it first. I'm a bit tired now.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:03 pm

Laughing the basics? when you can't even tell when a player is intelligent or not, and i never said manager didn't rely on mistakes, its was you pretending not to understand the point of the post earlier to try come off smart, half you clowns can't tell me about basics Laughing, i have been right about most things if not all concerning my team so again stfu and stop trying to come as some know it all
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:05 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BmatU0ECMAAf3_v.jpg

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next