LeBéninois
Lord Awesome
Lupi
McAgger
Onyx
88 posters

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

Go down

Bayern Munich 0-4 Real Madrid (agg 0-5) - 2nd leg discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 0-4 Real Madrid (agg 0-5) - 2nd leg discussion

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 01, 2014 3:40 am

Fußball wrote:Hans, WTF?! Stop betting!!!

I can't stop, on the contrary I'll have to bet MORE to try to make up for what I've already lost. I just need a little trust, I swear next time my luck will turn. IT HAS TO!!

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Bayern Munich 0-4 Real Madrid (agg 0-5) - 2nd leg discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Bayern Munich 0-4 Real Madrid (agg 0-5) - 2nd leg discussion

Post by BarcaLearning Thu May 01, 2014 3:59 am

This really showed that Pep is flawed. MAny say hes the best, but clearly hes not. Able to play beautiful football usually, but struggles for plan B as usual, just too rigid.

Ancelotti deserves a lot of praise. His team also far from perfect, but as always, Real is so deadly on the counter, and score to quickly. The key difference obviously is how well he got them to defend nowadays. And with Modric pinging those passes under pressure to launch the deadly counters, they have the amazingly effective game.

I think also though Bayern having won the league just dropped their level naturally... and feel bad for them, since a bad defeat after such a successful season.

BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu May 01, 2014 6:53 am

As i said before Pep's style requires brilliant ball holding and creative midfielders. Bayern has very good midfielders but they are not comparable to likes of Xavi and Iniesta. so the system could work, but to some degree. Pep has to make a few adjustments for next season.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Thu May 01, 2014 7:17 am

This result makes me question Pep's credentials as a tactician. No doubt he has made his mark as one of the greatest managers of all time by building a side that is one of the greatest of all time, but we have to take into consideration the fact that he had the best players available at his disposal to implement his philosophy. He has a vision, but he's too inflexible.

Is 'tiki taka' even relevant anymore? It was a certain point, but as I said, Pep had the best players in their prime that suited it. The best way to win games has always been to have a balanced approach, and tinker your tactics according to the opposition.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu May 01, 2014 7:21 am

Maybe this was Hoeness masterplan all along.

Make Bayern unwatchable while he can't watch them.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu May 01, 2014 5:20 pm

UEFA team of the week:

Bayern Munich 0-4 Real Madrid (agg 0-5) - 2nd leg discussion - Page 14 BmjzEsSIMAAOybP

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 01, 2014 6:04 pm

still can't get over it, probably never will No

I'm not talking about the defeat, that's ok.

But denigrating Ronaldo's freekick ability was one my favourite things to do, and I'll never be able to do it again.

What have we done :facepalm:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri May 02, 2014 12:41 pm

Mamad wrote:As i said before Pep's style requires brilliant ball holding and creative midfielders. Bayern has very good midfielders but they are not comparable to likes of Xavi and Iniesta. so the system could work, but to some degree. Pep has to make a few adjustments for next season.

Of course they are comparable to Xaviesta, the problem isn't lack of possession, the problem is that the players have been coached to never take risks, and walk the ball into the net.

If Schweinsteiger, Robben, and Kroos had just been blasting away from 30 yards away, there'd have been a few goals from that alone, and it'd also force the back-8 of Madrid to defend less deep, to prevent long distance efforts, which in turn would create space.

But, sadly, they've been instructed to not attempt shots from distance, because that would waste precious possession, which in turn lead to Bayern scoring exactly zero times.

Also, Pep made the defense go belly up since the begin of the season, I believe I started harping on about that aspect on about the 2nd match day. Agent Pep has struck, and struck well indeed, Bayern are over, if they keep this predictable bullshit tactic.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 02, 2014 12:44 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Mamad wrote:As i said before Pep's style requires brilliant ball holding and creative midfielders. Bayern has very good midfielders but they are not comparable to likes of Xavi and Iniesta. so the system could work, but to some degree. Pep has to make a few adjustments for next season.

Of course they are comparable to Xaviesta, the problem isn't lack of possession, the problem is that the players have been coached to never take risks, and walk the ball into the net.

If Schweinsteiger, Robben, and Kroos had just been blasting away from 30 yards away, there'd have been a few goals from that alone, and it'd also force the back-8 of Madrid to defend less deep, to prevent long distance efforts, which in turn would create space.

But, sadly, they've been instructed to not attempt shots from distance, because that would waste precious possession, which in turn lead to Bayern scoring exactly zero times.

Also, Pep made the defense go belly up since the begin of the season, I believe I started harping on about that aspect on about the 2nd match day. Agent Pep has struck, and struck well indeed, Bayern are over, if they keep this predictable bullshit tactic.

Who the hell is comparable to Xavi and INiesta ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri May 02, 2014 12:46 pm

Schweinsteiger and Kroos.
Vastly different, but comparable if you just look at "I want to accomplish midfield dominance", which they can do about just as well.

Of course every player is different, but if we say they're incomparable we might just as well stop talking about Barca, or Pep's style, or Tiki-Taka and just say "Barca played Xaviesta, it was awesome", and stop talking about tactics ever again, and just nod our heads and say "Bale and Ronaldo sure do work, too bad there's no interesting tactical analysis to accompany this epiphany."
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri May 02, 2014 12:48 pm

Bayern did try long shots a few times but it's not easy to take shots when there are many players in front of you. Kroos did it a few times. Ribery and specially Robben wasn't in a position to shoot most of the time and when they were two or three players were in front of them.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Fri May 02, 2014 1:24 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:UEFA team of the week:

Bayern Munich 0-4 Real Madrid (agg 0-5) - 2nd leg discussion - Page 14 BmjzEsSIMAAOybP

best liga in the world :bow:proven once again
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri May 02, 2014 1:31 pm

Mamad wrote:Bayern did try long shots a few times but it's not easy to take shots when there are many players in front of you. Kroos did it a few times. Ribery and specially Robben wasn't in a position to shoot most of the time and when they were two or three players were in front of them.

They started trying in the 79th minute of the 2nd leg, and immedeatly forced 3 decent saves from Iker. I have to believe that they could've gotten a goal, and forced Madrid to defend differently, had they tried that on occasion over 180 minutes.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri May 02, 2014 1:52 pm

Except Bastian and Kroos are no where near the levels of Xavi and Iniesta though. Technically,tactically and as a player comparing Bastian to Xavi is a joke.Dont even get me started on Iniesta....the gap is very big even if you dont want to admit.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri May 02, 2014 1:57 pm

Meh, I don't believe in these huge perceived differences, they're mostly down to team chemistry and system, once you reach a certain level of play.

Of course they're not interchangable, but where Xavi is close-to-perfect in his passing, Piggy at least offers a solid allround skillset, and Kroos is very close in his passing, and has a better shot. They obviously have their own weaknesses, and aren't a 100% equal, but I refuse to believe that you can just go "you can't play possession with these players", because you can.
I just think possession should be the means to an end, and for Pep it's the goal, that's why his team lost.
Tactically and strategically outclassed.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri May 02, 2014 2:31 pm

Wonder if there will be any Atletico players in the Uefa team of the year or the usual eleven hmm

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri May 02, 2014 3:27 pm

Image courtesy of Fabio Cannavaro:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/10170784_673028506065663_8547981433291251267_n.jpg
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri May 02, 2014 3:48 pm

Apparently a Barca B player got happy on twitter when Ramos scored rofl

Dat loyal support
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 02, 2014 7:25 pm

brilliant rofl

Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri May 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Ramos statue outside the Allianz Laughing
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14