Highburied
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
El Chelsea Fuerte
Mr Nick09
36 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Di Maria a top 10 player? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Di Maria a top 10 player?

Post by sanchez04 Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:09 am

Di maria + bale. What a great wingers madrid have. Messi would love to make through balls for them

Di maria is very likable person in his team. He doesnt make problems.does what coach says. I like him for that. Very shy guy never asks for anything works his ass of every game. Very underrated

sanchez04
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:23 am

Damn....even Nick isnt posting seriously anymore.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by nadinkrah Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:24 am

chad4401 wrote:same GL nonsense you all can rate scrubs like hazard or wilshere to the heavens but god forbid madrid fans rate our players highly, if di maria was in the epl running headless in all that space, can just imagine the threads Laughing, some madrid fans(glory hunters) don't know what their talking about half the time always claim best/worst ever, true madrid fans know what's what.

Hazard hardly relies on pace, creates more chances, has been consistent from the beginning of the season till injury. lol scrub, really..?
nadinkrah
nadinkrah
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:38 am

come on Dani, even you have to admit Di MAria is balling out of control
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:57 am

blah blah bro, my point stands gl is filled with madrid haters, just waiting for the team to lose to start talking crap, always acting like we lost 5-0 or some shit, when its usually by a goal in a close games, epl fans wanking about top 6 when its really 3 teams Laughing, arsenal/manu losing by huge margins this season don't see 80% of the forum jumping on them, hazard is not all that could careless about how much he stats pad against scrubs Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:15 am

Top 10 player though? Nick, what are you talking about brother?

Your a smart guy, tell me some players he is better than I probably think he isnt.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:23 am

Nah, i wasnt thinking "let's make a list of the 10 best player in the world", i used that term in a very abstract way.

My point, and if you read my op, was that players like di maria who play the game both ways, are under appreciated. It might not be pretty, he might not be the most popular, people might not fantasize about him becoming better than Messi, but he is damn good, and damn effective. I am starting to get annoyed with offensive juggernauts who only think of attacking, and then they play a CL semi final and the tactical imbalance they bring to their team see them out of the comp...

He has a unique kind of intensity to his game, it used to be all over the place, but he has learned to control it.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:33 am

The title suggests something else, makes you sound like the usual Madrid fan who always get over excited by a couple good performances when in the not too distance past and probably near future, complain about his flaws.

Di Maria is a fantastic high energy role player, very useful, always felt that. But a role player none the less.

You may not have remembered, or even read it, but Alex in the Barca section said he would love to sign Di Maria (at the time it seemed every Madrid fan was sick of him), I semi-agreed...alot of Madrid fans went out their way to insist on his flaws.

He hasnt gotten any better since then either.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:34 am

Less about control and more about use. I don't think he's in control, I just think he's being channelled well.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:36 am

thread titles in GL are like girls in a bar, if you dont have a miniskirt you will spend your own money buying drinks
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:37 am

chad4401 wrote:same GL nonsense you all can rate scrubs like hazard or wilshere to the heavens but god forbid madrid fans rate our players highly, if di maria was in the epl running headless in all that space, can just imagine the threads Laughing, some madrid fans(glory hunters) don't know what their talking about half the time always claim best/worst ever, true madrid fans know what's what.

Again and i have told you before, your meaninglessly ranting and not giving anything to counter the argument.

No one said Wilshere is a top 10 player, hell no one talks about him anymore and apart from Gil who truly wanks over Hazard?

And tbf to Hazard i don't rate him THAT highly, he is carrying what is a very average offensive team.

Your just ranting about nothing with no basis over than a seemingly agenda over PL players which you seem quite bitter towards.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:42 am

Yep

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:42 am

btw. LMAOOOOOO at people including Messi as a top 10 player atm.

He ain't even top 10 player at Barca anymore, let alone the world.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:51 am

Natalie Portman wrote:btw. LMAOOOOOO at people including Messi as a top 10 player atm.

Not really, only Iniesta, Neymar and maybe Xavi are doing better than him.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:13 am

Pedram wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:btw. LMAOOOOOO at people including Messi as a top 10 player atm.

Not really, only Iniesta, Neymar and maybe Xavi are doing better than him.

The only player doing worse than him in the starting XI is Pinto. Incidentiacally, he is the only one who actually somehow manages to run less miles than the little bum per game Laughing

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:25 pm

i can see the suarez for best player in the world campaign has begun  hmm 

im in
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pip Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:30 pm

Valkyrja wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:So naturally, in answer to the topic im thiking if theres 10 players better.

Messi
Ronaldo
Iniesta
Xavi
Bale
Reus
Ribery
Gozte
Robben
Silva
Yaya

Razz So probably just a bit off still, but very close. Ive always liked him a lot and one of my favourite players but hes needed time to mature and improve his final product and consistently. I think hes worked his a$$ off and being in and out, playhing in different positions, and proved hes always hungry, so he fully deserves it and if continue he will likely to be up there. Hope he performs well for Argentina in the WC as well.

just no. Still, it's hard to say if he's top 10. At the moment he's our 3rd best player. But at the same time Marcelo on top form is better than him for me. You also have Ozil who's better overall, but his mentality leaves a lot of desire. Many top 10 rankings lack defenders. Thiago Silva is a top 10 player. Suarez and Ibra are 3rd and 4th best players in the world. All in all, it's hard to make a top 10 since there are many things to take into consideration. The better question imo would be 'is Di Maria one of the 10 most dangerous players in the world' ?
Robben is better than Di María. Same as Touré, same as Silva.

Pip
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:55 pm

so stupid to compile a list of top 10 with players of different positions..
i mean how in the hell are you going to convince me a forward is better then lets say Silva..
is di maria a top 10 winger?
sure easily in todays football i'd say top 5.

Ronaldo
Ribery
Robben

are the clear top 3 wingers

then you have the rest, bale, di maria, sanchez, neymar, hazard, reus.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:02 pm

DiMaria has come a long way. He had his flaws such as rushed plays, not using his head and dribbling too much, he has greatly improved in these areas and it has shown this season. He had his dip in form around december/january time where he was booed but I'll put that down to those exit rumours because the moment the window closed he was back to himself again.

His change of position has helped him as well because he doesn't need to cut in all the time and has more options to pass to, he has already surpassed his record of goals scored in a season and is on course to beat his assist record. He is having an exceptional season which is arguably his best in a real madrid shirt. He does everything, he scores, he provides creativty, he tracks back and most important of all never complains. He still has issues not using his right but I have learnt to accept that. Without a doubt our most important player this season

with regards to being in top 10, I don't know. If we think in a top ten of balon dor candidate then probably no because not many appreciate what he does because the only time they watch him is against big games and in those games he is asked to predominantly defend, he will still score, he will still assist, he will still thread through balls but the camera will not pan on him many times because he isn't given the same role as ronaldo, messi, ibra and co where they can chill in the opponents third and make the rest of their players do their job while they will always get chances and score fifty goals a season and people will fap over them, either that or they will fap over some scrub showboating in the corner. Probably one of the reason why nobody appreciate Bayern's or Atleti's players even when Bayern won the treble beating every team that came their way.

I think if any of whoevers top 10 best players in the world played for madrid our fans will always find flaws and zoom in on them while at other teams they will just accept their flaws and praise their qualities so I wouldn't take the flip flopping of some of our fans seriously, there are other real ones who appreciate our players for who they are, praise them when they are good and give constructive criticism when they do bad. Take Bayerns team for example, and just imagine all those eleven players were playing for us and lost 3-0 at home to Dortmund do you think ANYONE of them will escape knee jerk criticism??? our fans will find a way to criticise Neuer even if it was his defenders fault. Ribery jogging back after losing the ball which led to the goal?? we would be asking for a new signing. We would be asking for a new coach, how can a team who have so many players out beat us so convincingly at our own yard, the world is over yada yada ya. There are just some of our fans that will never appreciate our players and other fans will go "but but but if your own fans criticised this player then surely we should agree no??" and if they praise them then you know "typical delusional madrid fans knee jerking again *roll eyes*" There is never a middle ground and I have learnt to accept that

For me DiMaria is the most important player in our team, with players like him you win titles, there are still fans who wish we had sold him instead of ozil who is a great player himself. we would always go out early against the real teams in Europe because we will be too unbalanced and fans will blame our defence as usual completely ignoring the fact that football is a team sport and not individual. Bayern won CL because they played as a collective team, Atleti are this far because they play as a team. Barca had those 4 good years because again they played as a team. We will only win things if we play as a team. We showed that on Wednesday, that's the only time I have seen our team collectively attack and defend for a very very long time. If we play like that all the time we will go a long way

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:25 pm

No he is not a top 10 player.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:46 am

He's not a top 10 player in the world but he's a player every coach would love to have. Surely that is enough praise?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:54 am

What does top 10 player even mean? Such a useless tag.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:59 am

I think he deserves top 10.

He is a tactically close to perfect player. Versatile, can play several positions (RW, LW, LM/CM), great final ball, insane ball control/dribbling, even is a goal treath, and defensively great.

I've never believed he is "dumb" or brainless, I think the reason he does mistakes/stupid stuff is his one footness, which is his greatest weakness and is the reason he can't be a tactically perfect player. But he does it better than anyone else, and I think he is the best winger in the world right now imo.

When I mean tactically perfect I dont mean positioning etc but rather every coach loves a player like this because he can fit any role in any tactic, without adding a weakness
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:15 am

I am not someone who cares too much about stats, but...

Only the league

C.Ronaldo 27 games, 28 goals and 8 assist.

Luis Suarez 29 games, 29 goals and 12 assist

Ibra 30 games, 25 goals and 11 assist

Messi 26 games, 25 goals and 10 assist.

According to most people, Ibra, C.Ronaldo and Suarez have been the best players this season. So I wonder, Messi is having a very similiar season in terms of number and yet he is not even top 10 according to alot of people. Why is that? Is it because a world class season from C.Ronaldo, Ibra and Suarez is only a shit season for Messi? And yet there are still some who won't aknowledge that Messi is the best rofl

And lol at Messi being the worst in the Barça team. Pedro, Song, basically all the defenders, Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta(he only had a good spell from Man City til the first leg against Atletico, apart from that Messi has been superior) and Pinto have all been worse...

The only bad thing about Messi atm is that he is really lazy, but that's it. He was probably our best player against Granada..

Last edited by harhar11 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:39 pm; edited 3 times in total

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:10 am

Gosh, Hala just put tears in my eyes with that lovely post. We Madrid fans really do not have any middle ground. Even I tend to get over board with my criticisms.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:28 pm

harhar11 wrote:

I am not someone who cares too much about stats, but...

Only the league

C.Ronaldo 27 games, 28 goals and 8 assist.

Luis Suarez 29 games, 29 goals and 12 assist

Ibra 30 games, 25 goals and 11 assist

Messi 26 games, 25 goals and 10 assist.

According to most people, Ibra, C.Ronaldo and Suarez have been the best players this season. So I wonder, Messi is having a very similiar season in terms of number and yet he is not even top 10. Why is that? Is it because a world class season from C.Ronaldo, Ibra and Suarez is only a shit season for Messi? And yet there are some who don't aknowledge that Messi ain't he best rofl

And lol at Messi being the worst in the Barça team. Pedro, Song, basically all the defenders, Xavi, Fabregas, Iniesta(he only had a good spell from the Man City til the first leg against Atletico, apart from that Messi has been superior) and Pinto...

The only bad thing about Messi atm is that he is really lazy, but that's it. He was probably our best player against Granada..

Check. Mate.

Thumbs up 
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next