The official Tennis thread

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Don't call me James Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:18 am

17 SLAMS. /thread.

We can reopen the discussion when (if ever) Djokovic wins 14.

Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Posts : 28252
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Don't call me James Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:19 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@Don't call me James wrote:Prime Safin, Prime Hewitt, Hell prime Roddick >> Murray imo.


No point bothering with you.... delusional doesn't even begin to describe it Laughing

Safin i already explained, but considering his skills were never translated on a consistent basis it's irrelevant.


Even Wawrinka currently at his best is better and more talented than Murray ever was or is.

I can only give you Roddick. Because he really wasn't much special outside of his serve. But Murray isn't special at all. He ain't even got the serve.


Last edited by Don't call me James on Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28252
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by izzy Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:19 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Because they are infinitely better Tennis players maybe? especially Roddick who outside of his serve had absolutely nothing on those 3.

As M99 said a 19 year old Nadal gave him more trouble than those 3 you mention ever did, speaks volumes of their quality. ( Safin's fitness and mental issues not withstanding.


Better how? In what areas of their games?

Are Murray, Nadal and Djokovic better players in all facets of the game compared to Hewitt, Roddick and Safin when they were in their primes?

You keep mentioning how Nadal gave Federer trouble when Federer was at his peak. Did Djokovic or Murray do the same? Or did that only start to occur when Fed's decline and them entering their prime?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:21 am

@El Gunner wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I have always said that i believe Sampras is better, because his competition was a lot higher. I know he didn't win as much but i believe if Federer and Sampras prime years were swapped Sampras would have won more than he did and Federer would have won less than he did.

So this logic is completely based on a hypothesis of what you think? rofl

We provide you with facts like - most majors of all time and being at the top of the game for many years. You come up with the opinion that Federer wouldn't have won as much as he has done if he played in Sampras' era.

OKAY M8

and btw, Federer leads Djokovic head to head 20-19 iirc


It's not just an hypothesis, Sampras was just more dominant against his biggest rivals than Federer was against Nadal and Djokovic.

Not his fault that his competition was much tougher for longer, like it or not these are factors. People call Michael Jordan the GOAT of basketball but he isn't even close to having the most championships.

Domination of your rivals matters, Federer didn't even dominate his closest rivals. Which is why i said it's not completely locked down case as him being the GOAT.

I don't know why i'm bothering anyway, fanboys can't be reasoned with. Even if Nadal didn't get injured and surpassed him you'd still find a way to place Federer above him.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68536
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:23 am

@Don't call me James wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@Don't call me James wrote:Prime Safin, Prime Hewitt, Hell prime Roddick >> Murray imo.


No point bothering with you.... delusional doesn't even begin to describe it Laughing

Safin i already explained, but considering his skills were never translated on a consistent basis it's irrelevant.


Even Wawrinka currently at his best is better and more talented than Murray ever was or is.

I can only give you Roddick. Because he really wasn't much special outside of his serve. But Murray isn't special at all. He ain't even got the serve.


See this is where i differ..... I couldn't give a flying *bleep* about talent, it's about performance and consistency what matters. And none of those 3 can hold a candle to the Big 3 outside of Federer of today.

Talent means nothing to me, if it did i wouldn't even be talking about Nadal Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68536
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by izzy Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:25 am

@Don't call me James wrote:I can only give you Roddick. Because he really wasn't much special outside of his serve. But Murray isn't special at all. He ain't even got the serve.


Unbelievable.

We're now disrespecting Roddick.

I'm outta here.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 6130
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by jibers Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:26 am

Mole, tbf Nadals h2h with fed is skewed because he was flopping on hard courts when Fed was at his peak.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10215
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:30 am

He was a scrub lol, you are just overhyping because he's part of Federer's legacy.

Just ignoring his grandslam record, he won 5 masters rofl

It's a good job Federer did beat him tbh, having someone that scrubby having 5 slams would be a disgrace.

Nadal beat him in 2004 when he was 18 ffs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68536
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Don't call me James Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:31 am

When has Murray consistently shown anything? Murray is one of the most inconsistent players of today.

And if consistency matters so much to you, you ignore the absolute peerless domination Roger put on the tennis world for 4 straight years between 2004-2008.

Nadal's consistency only stretches in Clay. Only in 2010 in a fleeting moment where Nadal was consistently dominating. And then NOvak came and took it from him.
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28252
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:35 am

He's been more consistent than Safin, Hewitt and Roddick ever were.

Also that's not true, Nadal has been consistent for most of his career outside the US Open, because he didn't win every tournament doesn't mean he wasn't consistent.

It just took him a long time to win the french, win wimbledon and still have enough left physically to win the US. He was always gassed by that point.

He was usually consistent for 3 of the 4 majors though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68536
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by El Gunner Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:46 am

@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:
@Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I have always said that i believe Sampras is better, because his competition was a lot higher. I know he didn't win as much but i believe if Federer and Sampras prime years were swapped Sampras would have won more than he did and Federer would have won less than he did.

So this logic is completely based on a hypothesis of what you think? rofl

We provide you with facts like - most majors of all time and being at the top of the game for many years. You come up with the opinion that Federer wouldn't have won as much as he has done if he played in Sampras' era.

OKAY M8

and btw, Federer leads Djokovic head to head 20-19 iirc


It's not just an hypothesis, Sampras was just more dominant against his biggest rivals than Federer was against Nadal and Djokovic.

Not his fault that his competition was much tougher for longer, like it or not these are factors. People call Michael Jordan the GOAT of basketball but he isn't even close to having the most championships.

Domination of your rivals matters, Federer didn't even dominate his closest rivals. Which is why i said it's not completely locked down case as him being the GOAT.

I don't know why i'm bothering anyway, fanboys can't be reasoned with. Even if Nadal didn't get injured and surpassed him you'd still find a way to place Federer above him.

Such an overused term that gets thrown around these days in arguments. It's like Freeza calling me out for being a fanboy of Nolan in a film discussion when I'm just a proud fan and admirer.

Same applies to Roger.

These days you can't support/defend your sporting hereos without someone calling you out for being a fanboy, which comes with connotations of "being blind for the sake of the person you are a fan of" "being too ridiculous" and is used, and even worse ACCEPTED, in an argument as a dismisive approach to completely say what the "fanboy" is saying is just plain and simple bias.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 18492
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:48 am

Not my fault you are emotionally attached to him and i don't give a shit about nobody so emotionally i don't care for anybody :coffee:

I was half joking though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68536
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:54 am

Literally everyone but you seem to be emotionally attached to Federer

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88187
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:55 am

I'm emotionally attached to no one and my heart is black imo.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG
Posts : 68536
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Don't call me James Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Serena is so much better than everyone else she plays with a watch on Laughing that's how easy it is for her.
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28252
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by RealGunner Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:27 pm

Serena is probably the ultimate GOAT lol

She is unbelievable


Last edited by RealGunner on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88187
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Don't call me James Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:55 pm

She will tie Steffi Graf if she wins one more slam :bow:
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28252
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by M99 Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:49 pm

Why is this thread so quiet? No love for Djoker?
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 29649
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Kaladin Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:01 pm

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJujHydWsAAALHe.jpg
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 23746
Join date : 2012-06-28
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:10 pm

Djokovic is a beast :bow:

Great performance. Will break A LOT of records when he retires.

Federer was quite poor today. Made many unnecessary errors which he normally wouldn't. Big difference between how he played against Murray and today.

But full credit to Dkojovic though.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88187
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Myesyats Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:26 pm

Djoko is a true champion. Well done
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid
Posts : 14475
Join date : 2015-05-03
Age : 22

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:40 am

Nick Kyrgios Tells Stan Wawrinka During Match That Another Player Banged His Girlfriend

http://uk.complex.com/sports/2015/08/nick-kyrgios-tells-stan-wawrinka-thanasi-kokkinakis-banged-his-girlfriend?utm_campaign=complexmag&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88187
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by jibers Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:37 am

@RealGunner wrote:Nick Kyrgios Tells Stan Wawrinka During Match That Another Player Banged His Girlfriend

http://uk.complex.com/sports/2015/08/nick-kyrgios-tells-stan-wawrinka-thanasi-kokkinakis-banged-his-girlfriend?utm_campaign=complexmag&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social



Haha. This kid will be a GOAT.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10215
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Don't call me James Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:07 am

Murray overtakes Federer as world number 2 going into US Open after winning Rogers Cup (beat Novak in the final). Federer sat out in the Rogers Cup to be fresh for US Open and it might have cost him as an easier draw.
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28252
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Don't call me James Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:32 am

Nadal is such a chocking little *bleep* ugh Mad Federer finally had a chance of facing Nadal after almost 2 years. And this punk loses to some nobody. The *bleep* is purposely avoiding playing Roger because he doesn't want his H2H to tarnish because everybody knows Federer would annihilate him right now.
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28252
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Don't call me James Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:31 am

And of course Roger pounds Lopez. Nadal :facepalm:
Don't call me James
Don't call me James
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina
Posts : 28252
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 104

Back to top Go down

The official Tennis thread - Page 20 Empty Re: The official Tennis thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum