mr-r34
Nishankly
Art Morte
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Norwich v Liverpool Empty Norwich v Liverpool

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:35 am

The first line-up speculations for this game have already been posted in the City match thread, so let's get this one up and running nice and early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi-SdzOlef4

There's the spirit we'll be taking to this game. We will probably be up for it.

What we won't be taking to the game is Henderson and that's a huge blow. He's been so good in his role this season, a real box-to-box midfielder with great performances both ways. It's most likely Allen (and not Lucas) who will be replacing him for the next three games and you feel Joe is going to have to be in top form if we don't want to see a drop in our midfield performance.

I don't know what's Sturridge's situation, but if it was a hamstring injury I don't think we'll have him available for this game. Personally I think Henderson will be missed more, Sturridge had a couple of poor games there and, as we know, Suarez can do a mighty fine job up front on his own for 90 minutes. Especially against Norwich.

What I'm thinking is, should we try Sterling in Sturridge's role if the latter isn't fit? Raheem's pace and acceleration is just phenomenal and he seems to take his chances better inside the box rather than outside of it. He's been immense on the tip of the diamond, but it would be interesting to see him played in a Walcott-esque role.

What's perhaps a little unfortunate still, is that this is probably the worst possible time to play Norwich at Carrow Road. They are in desperate need of points and their last games are: us (H), ManU (A), Chelsea (A), Arsenal (H). They will look at their home games against us and Arsenal as their best chances to avoid relegation and while we will be fired up for this game, so will be they. If there's any "new manager" boost to be had, they will have that, too.

My line-up, if Daniel isn't available, would be:

Migno
Johnson - Skrtel - Sakho - Flanagan
Allen - Gerrard - Coutinho
Teixeira
Suarez - Sterling

All right, so realistically Teixeira isn't going to start and Sterling will most likely be in a different role, but I wouldn't mind seeing what I put up there. I kinda feel that if we're going to replace Sturridge and Henderson with Allen and Lucas, it might take too much away from our attack. Moses might start, too. We'll see.

I think it'll be a long week...

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Norwich v Liverpool Empty Re: Norwich v Liverpool

Post by Nishankly Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Texeira and Moses Laughing

Allen in for Sturridge and Lucas in for Henderson. Gerrard higher up the pitch.

4-5-1 transitional with the 4 midfielders behind Suarez continuously switching places in attack.

Lets see how this works. We dont have much room for error.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Personally i think Rodgers is going to go with a 4-3-3

Migno
Johnson - Skrtel - Sakho - Flanagan
Allen - Gerrard - Lucas
Sterling - Suarez - Coutinho

That's if Sturridge is out.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:57 pm

Fielding Suarez itself would be enough for this game! Other theories and ways can wait ! !  :bow: :bow: 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:00 pm

------------Jones-----------
Johnson-Toure-Agger-Cissoko
-------Lucas--Gerrard-------
Moses-----Allen-----Raheem
-----------Aspas-----------
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:09 pm

Nishank wrote:Texeira and Moses Laughing

Allen in for Sturridge and Lucas in for Henderson. Gerrard higher up the pitch.

4-5-1 transitional with the 4 midfielders behind Suarez continuously switching places in attack.

Lets see how this works. We dont have much room for error.

Not gonna happen ever again in the near future. And should not happen considering how Gerrard is an absolute boss in his current role.

Could still play either our diamond or our 4-3-3 even if Sturridge and Hendo are out.

And I fully agree with Art regarding Teixeira (not so much Moses). Kid is boss and if he's called upon to put in a shift I'm sure he'll help the team. Also Agger back in please.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Tell me at least 1 reason why should Agger be back if Skrtel and Sakho are fit for the game?
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:07 pm

People suggesting rotating and trying out new stuff during the most important 4 games of our league in 2 decades Laughing

I fancy Joe Allen to finally score btw. Either this game or the one against Chelsea.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:20 pm

BusterLfc wrote:Tell me at least 1 reason why should Agger be back if Skrtel and Sakho are fit for the game?

Because Agger-Skrtel partnership ran us into an 8 game winning streak and Agger sadly got injured. Sakho did well in the past two games but he had moments of worry as well. We were never as composed at the back as we would be if Agger played. Second half defensively at times was very very very scary. Needed some composure during those moments.

Anyways, whatever Brendan goes with it would be the best option, he knows best.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:58 pm

Nishank wrote:
Allen in for Sturridge and Lucas in for Henderson.

Natalie Portman wrote:People suggesting rotating and trying out new stuff during the most important 4 games of our league in 2 decades Laughing

I fancy Joe Allen to finally score btw. Either this game or the one against Chelsea.

Swapping the attacking contributions of Henderson and Sturridge for those of Lucas and Allen simply doesn't sound too convincing to me. These guys have one PL goal for Liverpool between them, that came in 2009. I would bring Allen or Lucas in for Hendo, but a more attack-minded player for Sturridge, could be Aspas, Moses or Teixeira or maybe even Alberto. Although obviously we'll be favourites to win whoever we bring on to replace Hendo and Studge.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:38 am

How can you fancy Aspas, Moses, Teixeira or Alberto to deliver goals! While I personally would like to see Aspas get some time, supplementary goals have to come from Raheem, Coutinho etc. Also, I'm not a fan of the midfield-diamond. It not only restricts our attacking options it leaves acres of space for opponents as well.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:17 am

iftikhar wrote:How can you fancy Aspas, Moses, Teixeira or Alberto to deliver goals! While I personally would like to see Aspas get some time, supplementary goals have to come from Raheem, Coutinho etc. Also, I'm not a fan of the midfield-diamond. It not only restricts our attacking options it leaves acres of space for opponents as well.

Because we haven't got any better attacking options on the bench? Having Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho on the pitch is obviously great and they will do most of the attacking, but a Lucas - deep-lying-Gerrard - Allen midfield behind them is hugely meh in terms of attacking. And it's only Norwich, so if Sturridge cannot play, I would give one of the four attacking players a start (and Teixeira might be my preferred option out of them). Fortune favours the brave.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by BusterLfc Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:09 am

Henderson is a huge huge blow, his role was really important to the team.

I hope we can somehow reduce his suspension via applying. If he doesn't play against Chelsea, it'll be very close. But I'm still confident.

And let's just face it, Rodgers is not starting Teixeira, Moses, Alberto or Aspas in the last 4 cup finals, the games have extremely high stakes so there is no room for errors.

I'm feeling confident about Coutinho-Suarez-Sterling leading our attack, especially considering Sturridge's form recently.
BusterLfc
BusterLfc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:59 am

I think we will go with 4-3-3 or again a diamond in case Studge is fit. If Studge is not fit, I am sure BR will try to play same midfield which probably he can use against Chelsea. So he may change instructions and roles of Allen and Lucas and we might see both featuring. It may look like:

Johnson-Skrtel-Sakho-Flano
Gerrard
Lucas-Allen
Sterling-Suarez-Coutinho

But personally what I would prefer is

Gerrard
Coutinho Lucas-Allen-
Sterling-Suarez- Coutinho Moses/Alberto/Tex

McY pls go home with your Agger love, never change a winning team, that too replacing Sakho with Agger :facepalm:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:31 pm

Gerrard
Lucas-Allen
Sterling-Suarez-Coutinho
I would go with this Thumbs up . And I will also include Mignolet as GK.  pirat 
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:37 pm

Ifti Mad

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:57 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Gerrard
Lucas-Allen
Sterling-Suarez-Coutinho
I would go with this Thumbs up . And I will also include Mignolet as GK.  pirat 

You know, that could work out fine and really should be enough against Norwich. But on our 10-game winning run we've mostly had Henderson & Coutinho as those two CMs in front of Gerrard, both of whom provide a lot of attacking talent. To go from those two to Lucas & Allen... I just don't like the idea. The difference feels like night and day.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:54 pm

I have a feeling either of Alberto or Texeria might get a chance in this game . . .  hmm 
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Art Morte wrote:
iftikhar wrote:How can you fancy Aspas, Moses, Teixeira or Alberto to deliver goals! While I personally would like to see Aspas get some time, supplementary goals have to come from Raheem, Coutinho etc. Also, I'm not a fan of the midfield-diamond. It not only restricts our attacking options it leaves acres of space for opponents as well.

Because we haven't got any better attacking options on the bench? Having Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho on the pitch is obviously great and they will do most of the attacking, but a Lucas - deep-lying-Gerrard - Allen midfield behind them is hugely meh in terms of attacking. And it's only Norwich, so if Sturridge cannot play, I would give one of the four attacking players a start (and Teixeira might be my preferred option out of them). Fortune favours the brave.

It doesn't always work like this though Art.

For example, against WHU, we started all Cou, Raheem, and SAS and barely created anything in the first half. When Coutinho went off for Lucas at half time (On paper, it's a defensive sub), our play improved tenfold and we created more chances and had a lot more control.

Well, ANYTHING BUT MOSES.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:57 am

Why not Aspas? If DS is out Aspas should start alongside Suarez and Sterling.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:06 am

I was thinking, I would leave Moses out altogether.

I genuinely think he wants Chelsea to win the league and not us, and will make dodgy back passes, or give away penalties or miss chances on purpose to make it happen. Wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho has already called him about it, and Roman has already made him a lot of cash offer for it, in case the opportunity for him arrives.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Chelsea Fuerte Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:04 am

Natalie Portman wrote:I was thinking, I would leave Moses out altogether.

I genuinely think he wants Chelsea to win the league and not us, and will make dodgy back passes, or give away penalties or miss chances on purpose to make it happen. Wouldn't be surprised if Mourinho has already called him about it, and Roman has already made him a lot of cash offer for it, in case the opportunity for him arrives.

lol man

well i agree i wouldnt put that past mourinho. Why he would listen to jose i dont know however

El Chelsea Fuerte
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:44 am

Allen was bought to play the exact same role Henderson was playing so I'm confident he'll do fine. Still lacks balls when in the opposition box, though. Need to get that Arsenal DNA out of him.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Red Alert wrote:Allen was bought to play the exact same role Henderson was playing so I'm confident he'll do fine. Still lacks balls when in the opposition box, though. Need to get that Arsenal DNA out of him.

Or sell him to them for £10m+ hmm

He's a bit of a baby face, so Wenger should be keen.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:27 pm

BORINI WE NEED U
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry