Winter is Coming
Fuchsteufelswild
rwo power
M99
Onyx
33 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Bayern München, Champions of Germany 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bayern München, Champions of Germany 2014

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:11 pm

El Chelsea Fuerte wrote:Is this an achievement?

Not really.

Their pedestrian celebration after the game said it all. Routine now.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Bayern München, Champions of Germany 2014 - Page 3 Empty Re: Bayern München, Champions of Germany 2014

Post by S Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:14 pm

Bayern will have 24 BL titles to their name now.

Next highest is Gladbach and Dortmund with 5 titles each.

Maybe they should aim to hit 30 titles before either of these clubs make it 6 hmm,seeing how they're breaking record after record in the league.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:47 pm

Arquitescu wrote:

Not really.

Their pedestrian celebration after the game said it all. Routine now.

Yup. Just the best league Bundesliga campaign ever played by anyone so far, first time a team became champions in March, not one defeat.

Hardly an achievement  Neutral 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Got beaten to the punch twice in a row by Dortmund not that long ago. Can't believe how soon people assume this as status quo.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:57 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Got beaten to the punch twice in a row by Dortmund not that long ago. Can't believe how soon people assume this as status quo.

Let them stick to watching the EPL. TBH i can see Bayern taking their foot off the pedal.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:47 am

Casciavit wrote:Congratulations to Bayern and all Bayern fans.

I personally don't think they'll remain unbeaten TBH. I can easily see Pep experimenting with a 3 man defense, which could possibly backfire like it did against Red Bull Salzburg.

Bayern ran a poor variation of a 3-2-4-1 in that game, and Pep was still experimenting with some of the Bayern reserve players.

In that game we ran: Neuer – Martinez, Dante (playing LB), Boateng (playing RB) – Höjbjerg (playing DM), Kroos, Shaqiri, Götze, Thiago, Alaba and Müller.

Not a poor side, but in midfield we were missing Lahm, Ribery, Schweinsteiger and Robben, four key players. On top of that, Goetze and Rafinha played a half apiece, Martinez played in defense, Mandzukic played a half as well and reserve team players like Höjbjerg and Green played too.

Hardly anything more than Pep wanting to use the winter break to experiment.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:33 am

chad4401 wrote:
Khaled wrote:We'll see in May... I love how underrated this Barcelona is this season and they keep prove doubters wrong...

RM? hahaha the team that failed every time they faced a real test this season... LMAO

like seriously how much of a blind fanboy can you be?, i don't know if your trying to troll or your just mental, barca was losing and being outplayed before nerman dived instead of trying to finish of his chance why cause 11 v 11 barca would've lost, stop acting like a douche already.

Laughing
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:09 am

Abramovich wrote:Well done Buyern for ruining the German league, pos club.
Says a user with the nick Abramovich Laughing

As there seems to be a fad of people misspelling Bayern that way, I guess I should remind you that some things that are funny for the first or second time really get old when they get beaten like a dead horse.

Moreover, which team doesn't buy players?

Oh, and in the last match, 4 of the starters even were from the Bayern youth academy, which of the other big teams outside the BL (bar maybe Barca) can boast that?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:17 pm

By the way, while we are congratulating Bayern, they won another title this week: The 2014 Laureus World Sports Award for "Team of the Year".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laureus_World_Sports_Awards#Team_of_the_Year
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:21 pm

rwo power wrote:
Abramovich wrote:Well done Buyern for ruining the German league, pos club.
Says a user with the nick Abramovich Laughing

As there seems to be a fad of people misspelling Bayern that way, I guess I should remind you that some things that are funny for the first or second time really get old when they get beaten like a dead horse.

Moreover, which team doesn't buy players?

Oh, and in the last match, 4 of the starters even were from the Bayern youth academy, which of the other big teams outside the BL (bar maybe Barca) can boast that?

Why does it bother you so much? It's a just a daft moniker.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:52 pm

The_Badger wrote:Why does it bother you so much? It's a just a daft moniker.
Because I generally dislike slander by twisting names. If you follow my postings, you will always see me trying to spell out names properly, or when I use shortened forms, I see to it that I use non-insulting versions (i.e. ManUtd and not ManU etc.). I think it is bad manners and a sign of disrespect to twist names.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:13 pm

rwo power wrote:
The_Badger wrote:Why does it bother you so much? It's a just a daft moniker.
Because I generally dislike slander by twisting names. If you follow my postings, you will always see me trying to spell out names properly, or when I use shortened forms, I see to it that I use non-insulting versions (i.e. ManUtd and not ManU etc.). I think it is bad manners and a sign of disrespect to twist names.

It's football banter, not slander. It's isn't a personal insult directed towards you.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:21 pm

Bayern are playing some other wordy football. Best team I have seen since Barcelona 2011. They are closing in on that level. Another season with Pep and I think they will just be about there. Teams just dont touch the ball when they play them
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:39 pm

The_Badger wrote:It's football banter, not slander. It's isn't a personal insult directed towards you.
Well, funnily I'm not even a Bayern fan. I guess it is a personal preference of mine that I prefer a proper spelling in that respect. ^^

Oh, I just read that Manuel Neuer will not play against Hoffenheim but Tom Starke (who transferred to Bayern from Hoffenheim in 2012) will guard the goal tomorrow: http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/bundesliga/startseite/601889/artikel_starke-darf-gegen-den-ex-klub-ran.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:40 pm

well the 'buyern' thing is just annoying, ignorant and offensive tbh.
Again, if it's from a Frankfurt or Dortmund fan or something, or any other Bundesliga club fan, ok I have to swallow it, no problem.

But these people who don't have a clue about the Bundesliga yet everytime something with Bayern or the BuLi is mentioned they have to add 'buyern facepalm' (never more to say), while at the same time they support clubs who's squad is twice as expensive as ours and doesn't feature half as many youth players... they should really just shut up and get lost, if they don't have anything meaningful to contribute
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:51 pm

Come on, it's hardly like the club is being ruined by a silly nickname.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:01 pm

haha, no of course not. You're free to call us as you like of course.

It only gets annoying when it's a baseless brainless mechanical routine you know.

Like some clown on twitter claims we sign Draxler, the usual suspects follow up with posts with the sole content of 'lol, Buyern, ruining the league' etc.

Then both the Schalke as our boss state publicly there#s nothing to it and Draxler won't go to us, these people of course have nothing to say to that.

Next week, another twitter or tabloid rag nonsense, they're at it again, as if nothing happened.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Congrats to Bayern.

Easily the best team in the world regardless of how you look at it.

Hopefully for the BL, other teams get better to challenge Bayern in the near future rather than them getting worse, which would be the best for everyone.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:35 pm

Congrats Buyern.  :facepalm: 
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:56 pm

El Cujo wrote:Congrats Buyern.  :facepalm: 
*sighs* So whom did they buy from Liverpool so that you need to complain?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:55 pm

rwo power wrote:
El Cujo wrote:Congrats Buyern.  :facepalm: 
*sighs* So whom did they buy from Liverpool so that you need to complain?

lol, RWO, to be fair, after my rants above I had that one coming Very Happy
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:02 pm

Do you prefer the FC Hollywood name?  Very Happy 

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Well, at the moment everything is quiet at Bayern, so FC Hollywood just doesn't fit either. At the moment you find the drama more at the HSV. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Really? The tax fraud issue with Hoeness? Ribery sex scandal?

I think you're taking the nicknames a little to heart. Every other club has some derogatory moniker, why not Bayern Munich?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:35 pm

The_Badger wrote:I think you're taking the nicknames a little to heart. Every other club has some derogatory moniker, why not Bayern Munich?
Actually I dislike derogatory monikers in general (stuff like Pathetico, Manure etc is a no-no for me, too, even though I don't even like the leagues), I mainly object to stuff related to the Bundesliga most often as those are the threads I visit most frequently. Maybe it's because I'm a lady and I like things to be a bit more polite. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:38 pm

rwo power wrote:
The_Badger wrote:I think you're taking the nicknames a little to heart. Every other club has some derogatory moniker, why not Bayern Munich?
Actually I dislike derogatory monikers in general (stuff like Pathetico, Manure etc is a no-no for me, too, even though I don't even like the leagues), I mainly object to stuff related to the Bundesliga most often as those are the threads I visit most frequently. Maybe it's because I'm a lady and I like things to be a bit more polite. ^^

Very Happy 

Maybe that's it.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum