when are we gonna praise Carlo for keeping Di Maria and selling Ozil?

+38
Valkyrja
adnyana179
guest7
Arquitecto
Lord Spencer
ExtremistEnigma
jibers
LeSwagg James
chad4401
BarcaLearning
futbol
MJ
Fuchsteufelswild
Beautiful Football
Gil
El Gunner
Doc
Zealous
Abramovich
halamadrid2
The Franchise
Adit
sportsczy
urbaNRoots
M99
FalcaoPunch
DuringTheWar
The_Badger
Raptorgunner
Lex
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Eivindo
Onyx
BarrileteCosmico
Le Samourai
REWB
Ruben Pardo
Mr Nick09
42 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

when are we gonna praise Carlo for keeping Di Maria and selling Ozil? - Page 2 Empty Re: when are we gonna praise Carlo for keeping Di Maria and selling Ozil?

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:05 pm

Sports letting everything fly over his head so he can have a rant about nothing again what a shocker that is.....

I never mentioned the word quality.... i said no players are making movements.

Xavi and Pirlo would be nothing without the players in front of them making runs or just subtle off the ball movement into space.

Like it or not Walcott is the most important player for this team as he's the only one who stretches teams and makes runs along with Ramsey..... the rest of them stand still like utter mugs giving him zero to work with.

I never said Arsenal is a scrub team, this isn't about quality its about what a 10 requires and right now none of it is there.

Has f*ck all to do with work rate, what does work rate have to do with the fact Ozil isn't creating lol? but go ahead continue with your agenda because your mad Ozil left Laughing

I eagerly await your response of pointless ranting which has nothing to do with the issue at hand and does nothing to negate my points as per usual.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

when are we gonna praise Carlo for keeping Di Maria and selling Ozil? - Page 2 Empty Re: when are we gonna praise Carlo for keeping Di Maria and selling Ozil?

Post by Adit Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:10 pm

Really disappointing game from Ozil . He played with out any belief or motivation. Work rate was so bad that when he was out Arsenal became much much better team in the second half.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:18 pm

Praise for what? Aint won anything you didnt win with Ozil, I really dont see what we should be commending him about.

You think if Ozil said, "please, I want to stay, ill be a rotation player" then Carlo would reply "your alright scrub, we dont need you, we have Di Maria. Hit the bricks"?

Of course not.

Revisionist history.

The opinion of Ozil's Madrid performances have steadily got lower and lower the more time has gone on.

Now, Carlo apparently didnt even want him and he was tossed away because "he saw the light".

When the reality was, he did excellent at Madrid and had some questionable performances (like really any player) and himself wanted to leave because he didnt want to risk not playing all the time.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:44 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Sports letting everything fly over his head so he can have a rant about nothing again what a shocker that is.....

I never mentioned the word quality.... i said no players are making movements.

Xavi and Pirlo would be nothing without the players in front of them making runs or just subtle off the ball movement into space.

Like it or not Walcott is the most important player for this team as he's the only one who stretches teams and makes runs along with Ramsey..... the rest of them stand still like utter mugs giving him zero to work with.

I never said Arsenal is a scrub team, this isn't about quality its about what a 10 requires and right now none of it is there.

Has f*ck all to do with work rate, what does work rate have to do with the fact Ozil isn't creating lol? but go ahead continue with your agenda because your mad Ozil left Laughing

I eagerly await your response of pointless ranting which has nothing to do with the issue at hand and does nothing to negate my points as per usual.

Xavi and Pirlo are not AMs so i am not sure why you mention them. He had all the runners he wanted in madrid, didnt stop him from playing below average in most of our big games.

Kinda funny how now you are in his corner defending him, because i recall you saying the exact same thing when he played for us. When Dortmund wrecked us in CL, you posts went pretty much like this: "another big game, another flop for Ozil. you guys really signed the wrong german wonderkid" + emoticon "Laughing", and you went on to praise Gotze, Reus and Gundogan.

glad to see that my question still hasnt been answered. What is it that Ozil does that separates him from other CAMs?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:51 pm

Ozil left on his own accord because he couldn't face the possibility of not playing for stretch of games. Given the early season situation he would not have seen the pitch alot this season if he had stayed anyways

For Perez one of DiMaria or Ozil had to leave and Ozil chose to just like Higuain did when one of him or Benzema had to leave

Ozil was great for us but he had/still has flaws any Madrid fan could tell you about even those who watch a madrid game once in a blue moon. Those flaws were: Lazy, shows no fight, goes missing in some games especially the physical ones, can only play for <60mins.

Putting him at RW is doing something he made perfectly clear he does not want to. He wants to be an AM and nothing else. And then there is there issue of the striker who can't make a run to save his life, at Real he had Ronaldo and Higgy whilst at Arsenal he has Theo and Ramsey who have both been out with long term injuries and with all due respect to those players they are hardly on the level of the two Madrid players. Arsenal should buy Suarez whatever it takes if they ever want to get the best out of Ozil
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:54 pm

Theo And Ramsey are not on the level of Higuain? Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:57 pm

Lex wrote:Theo And Ramsey are not on the level of Higuain? Laughing

no they aren't and they never will be

reminds me of everyone overrating wilshere Laughing Those are average players big teams would have as back ups
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:02 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:
Lex wrote:Theo And Ramsey are not on the level of Higuain? Laughing

no they aren't and they never will be

reminds me of everyone overrating wilshere :lol:Those are average players big teams would have as back ups

They are not on Higuain level yes, but to to say never is just a joke, both have the potential to be wc if not for injuries. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:04 pm

:facepalm: halal is the worst.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Le Samourai wrote:The real question is...when is the world going to acknowledge Maradona's vision hmm

Extremely overlooked point. Maradona was the first to do this and frankly I'm starting to think he knew what he was doing with regards to that tactical set up lol

Anyway I feel for Ozil I really do. Aside from few very good players all he has to work with are scrubs who can't carry their own weight. Ozil is fantastic but he isn't going to be carrying anyone and that is why his performances are magnified imo. People are looking to him to pull something out of thin air but that is not his game at all. Wenger playing him on the wing also makes no sense and isn't helping him at all.

As for Angelito, he's doing great but I still get the feeling that his low IQ in high intensity games is holding him back. Maybe he'll get better in that department over time.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:59 pm

Ramsey technically wouldn't be at Higuain's level considering one is a midfielder while the other is a striker (vice versa as well). Not gonna get involved with the other comparison as club colours are flying quite high these days.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:00 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:by all means, one is thriving in a new midfield role where he has become an indispensable player, and the other is finding new ways to become irrelevant.

Carlo saw the light, selling Ozil and keeping Di Maria one of the tactical strokes of 2014 Proud
Carlo :bow:
Great choice.
And he absolutely ripped us, 40 something million. Özil 30 million at best.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:01 pm

The Franchise wrote:Praise for what? Aint won anything you didnt win with Ozil, I really dont see what we should be commending him about.

You think if Ozil said, "please, I want to stay, ill be a rotation player" then Carlo would reply "your alright scrub, we dont need you, we have Di Maria. Hit the bricks"?

Of course not.

Revisionist history.

The opinion of Ozil's Madrid performances have steadily got lower and lower the more time has gone on.

Now, Carlo apparently didnt even want him and he was tossed away  because "he saw the light".

When the reality was, he did excellent at Madrid and had some questionable performances (like really any player) and himself wanted to leave because he didnt want to risk not playing all the time.

100% agree with this. Unpopular opinion but if Ozil was still at Madrid I think Carlo would be using him a lot and I don't believe for a second that Carlo said he wanted him out.

More likely scenario is that Flo saw a chance to cash in and balance the books after signing Bale and Isco.

I miss Ozil and the amount of shit he is getting isn't fair atm.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:02 pm

Zealous wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:The real question is...when is the world going to acknowledge Maradona's vision hmm

Extremely overlooked point. Maradona was the first to do this and frankly I'm starting to think he knew what he was doing with regards to that tactical set up lol

Anyway I feel for Ozil I really do. Aside from few very good players all he has to work with are scrubs who can't carry their own weight. Ozil is fantastic but he isn't going to be carrying anyone and that is why his performances are magnified imo. People are looking to him to pull something out of thin air but that is not his game at all. Wenger playing him on the wing also makes no sense and isn't helping him at all.

As for Angelito, he's doing great but I still get the feeling that his low IQ in high intensity games is holding him back. Maybe he'll get better in that department over time.
The best he has played for us is when he is coming in from the wing.
Never done good in that CAM role bar that deceiving debut of his against Sunderland.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:03 pm

The Franchise wrote:Praise for what? Aint won anything you didnt win with Ozil, I really dont see what we should be commending him about.

Of course not.

Revisionist history.

Now, Carlo apparently didnt even want him and he was tossed away  because "he saw the light".

100% agree with this. Unpopular opinion but if Ozil was still at Madrid I think Carlo would be using him a lot and I don't believe for a second that Carlo said he wanted him out.

More likely scenario is that Flo saw a chance to cash in and balance the books after signing Bale and Isco.

I miss Ozil and the amount of shit he is getting isn't fair atm.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:11 pm

@ mole.

So according to your theory, just because a CAM or RAM isn't getting the movements he wants around him because either his players are getting covered or he's being covered well... he should just stand around and accept it? You have to find a way to help the team. That's what work rate means. If you can't get it going in the final 1/3, then help the buildup and get into proper defensive position.

That's the thing with Ozil... it's all or nothing. Either the game is flowing the way that he's comfortable in = he's very good... or the game isn't moving the way he wants it to = he disappears. That's not acceptable for an alleged top shelf player to me. If you want to rate him as a good player... like Cazorla is a good player... then fine. I agree. But when the terms "world class" or "best at his position"get thrown around, the standards are higher.

Walcott had a total of 6 goals and 5 assists this season... he's missed. But i don't see him having that much affect on Ozil's form. Ramsey... yes he did. Ramsey was a workhorse who forced himself on the opponent. He demanded attention. That opened up space for Ozil.

But since Ramsey demanded attention and Ozil hasn't, doesn't Ramsey have a much better argument for being WC than Ozil does? He does for me.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:14 pm

El Gunner wrote:
Zealous wrote:

The best he has played for us is when he is coming in from the wing.
Never done good in that CAM role bar that deceiving debut of his against Sunderland.

The key words here are "for us". For Arsenal Ozil will never reach his true potential because essentially he's surrounded by poverty versions of himself.

Surround him with quick intelligent players who probe the defence with movement (not passing or link up) and he's much more productive and effective. The closest thing Arsenal have to that is Walcott.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:17 pm

sportsczy wrote:@ mole.

So according to your theory, just because a CAM or RAM isn't getting the movements he wants around him because either his players are getting covered or he's being covered well...  he should just stand around and accept it?  You have to find a way to help the team.  That's what work rate means.  If you can't get it going in the final 1/3, then help the buildup and get into proper defensive position.

That's the thing with Ozil... it's all or nothing.  Either the game is flowing the way that he's comfortable in = he's very good...  or the game isn't moving the way he wants it to = he disappears.  That's not acceptable for an alleged top shelf player to me.  If you want to rate him as a good player...  like Cazorla is a good player... then fine.  I agree.  But when the terms "world class" or "best at his position"get thrown around, the standards are higher.

Walcott had a total of 6 goals and 5 assists this season...  he's missed.  But i don't see him having that much affect on Ozil's form.  Ramsey... yes he did.  Ramsey was a workhorse who forced himself on the opponent.  He demanded attention.  That opened up space for Ozil.

But since Ramsey demanded attention and Ozil hasn't, doesn't Ramsey have a much better argument for being WC than Ozil does?  He does for me.

Fair points, Ozil isn't blameless, his lack of intensity is really holding him back from being elite.

Essentially, he's the best fair weather player in the world. However it's "only" an issue if he isn't the main man. Nothing wrong with that imo especially since what he bring you in terms of attacking support is very unique.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:23 pm

So this Walcott myth gets put to bed (although i do like him;  but he's a one trick pony really)...  18 appearances 13 starts - 6 goals and 5 assists.  He had two 2-goal games in December.  So really, he had 2 goals total until Dec 14th (date of the first double) in all comps.

So basically a non-factor mostly.

Ozil's best form was during the first 3,5 months of the season...  his form started to dip, interestingly, after that Dec 14 game.  He went on a 6-game streak without a goal or assist.

To me, it's not about players not moving around Ozil.  It's Ozil who is not moving and so players can't key on him to make runs.  Cazorla is the one who is leading the creativity now... because he's getting open to receive the ball aggressively and he's trying to make plays.  So players are making runs off of Cazorla.

Ramsey is the big loss though.  He's the one who did a ton of the work for Arsenal in the midfield.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:42 pm

sportsczy wrote:So this Walcott myth gets put to bed (although i do like him;  but he's a one trick pony really)...  18 appearances 13 starts - 6 goals and 5 assists.  He had two 2-goal games in December.  So really, he had 2 goals total until Dec 14th (date of the first double) in all comps.

So basically a non-factor mostly.

Ozil's best form was during the first 3,5 months of the season...  his form started to dip, interestingly, after that Dec 14 game.  He went on a 6-game streak without a goal or assist.

To me, it's not about players not moving around Ozil.  It's Ozil who is not moving and so players can't key on him to make runs.  Cazorla is the one who is leading the creativity now... because he's getting open to receive the ball aggressively and he's trying to make plays.  So players are making runs off of Cazorla.

Ramsey is the big loss though.  He's the one who did a ton of the work for Arsenal in the midfield.

Never said Walcott and Ozil were a great duo this season. Just said that for Ozil to succeed he needs more Walcott's around him than Cazorla's. He had that at Madrid and was a very good player who contributed to trophies that the team won. We are not talking about a guy who has never won anything or hasn't proven himself to have at least some high quality skill sets.

Also cut him some slack, he's playing with a new team, new league and probably for the fist time in his career had to play over the winter. Those are important factors and shouldn't be ignored.

It took Benzema five years to become the much more assertive and aggressive player he currently is (Very pleased with him in the past three months) Let's give Ozil five months at least to establish himself.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:54 pm

lol at your Benz misinformation.

Benzema scored 26 goals his second season when he only became a starter in Dec and went into rotation again later.   Scored 32 goals and 15 assists his 3rd season.  20 goals and 20 assists last season.  21 goals and 11 assists so far this season.  Once he got settled in his second year, he's been money.  The inconsistencies for both him and Higuain were caused by rotation and the strategic marginalization of the CF position by Mou... it was never a player problem.  Both our CFs were great but rarely got to show it. This year, Bez and Higuain's playing time and roles are set. Guess what: They're both showing their class after building up some form over a few months.

For Ozil, he's always been the starter other than a short stint last year when Mou was trying to wake him up.  He's on the pitch all the time... if you play every game almost AND you're featured, it's all on you.  Nothing else you can blame.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:06 pm

sportsczy wrote:lol at your Benz misinformation.

Benzema scored 26 goals his second season when he only became a starter in Dec and went into rotation again later.   Scored 32 goals and 15 assists his 3rd season.  20 goals and 20 assists last season.  21 goals and 11 assists so far this season.  Once he got settled in his second year, he's been money.  The inconsistencies for both him and Higuain were caused by rotation and the strategic marginalization of the CF position by Mou... it was never a player problem.  Both our CFs were great but rarely got to show it.  This year, Bez and Higuain's playing time and roles are set.  Guess what:  They're both showing their class after building up some form over a few months.

Wasn't talking about goals mate, that really was never Karim's problem. He really is more aggressive recently and he's much better for it.

sportsczy wrote:For Ozil, he's always been the starter other than a short stint last year when Mou was trying to wake him up.  He's on the pitch all the time... if you play every game almost AND you're featured, it's all on you.  Nothing else you can blame.

I wasn't comparing the two btw, just drawing some parallels. Benzema has found a fire in his chest as of late, it's still not a raging blaze but I'm 100% sure it wasn't there before.

Ozil still has to find his and I think that will take time.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:08 pm

One difference i can point out Zealous is that, Benzema had it at 20 years at Lyon and he lost it. Now he found it again, and i am pretty sure that everyone is appreciative of that.

Ozil ever had it?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:13 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:One difference i can point out Zealous is that, Benzema had it at 20 years at Lyon and he lost it. Now he found it again, and i am pretty sure that everyone is appreciative of that.

Ozil ever had it?

Good question, I guess we'll find out in time no?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:59 pm

https://i.imgur.com/JTGMnR4.gif

https://i.imgur.com/LDA61vO.gif

Putting the team on his shoulders while they are a goal down. Has Ozil ever affected a big game this way? No clasico I can remember.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:04 am

1st cross was a real beauty. Valdes should of probably saved it though.

2nd one...Mascherano. Just unnecessarily deep. Just not the right defensive position, no matter how close to goal, if your the defender closer to the ball, you have to be in advance of your partner, or at least level, not behind.

Doesnt help he is small obviously.

Not taking nothing away from Di Maria, he was a total menace both offensively and defensively.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next