Abramovich
Raptorgunner
Onyx
Highburied
17 posters

Go down

Bayern vs Barcelona  Empty Bayern vs Barcelona

Post by Highburied Tue 04 Mar 2014, 19:38

Is this Bayern anything close to Barcelona ?

I think, if we exclude Messi, Bayern is slightly better than Barcelona.

Whats your opinion?

P.S. I hope Liverpool fans dont spam this thread. Stay away!
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Bayern vs Barcelona  Empty Re: Bayern vs Barcelona

Post by Onyx Tue 04 Mar 2014, 19:42

Barca under Pep or current Barca?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue 04 Mar 2014, 20:00

Barca under Pep were better. The pressing was better, so was the possession and they had Messi. Bayern under Pep however are more versatile, because they counter better, they can cross, long balls, add physicality when needed etc. However that Barca team was just on another level. Bayern under Pep have the potential to be as good as them.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue 04 Mar 2014, 20:05

I think Barca under Pep was better, probably the greatest ever, not sure about any team will get to their level.

I think last years Bayern were better than they are now, but Bayern are just few more Dortmund players away from reaching Barca. :coffee: 
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Tue 04 Mar 2014, 20:17

Barca under Pep were better than Buyern, at least in La Liga they had Madrid who were almost as good. In Bundes Buyern just have it easy like Celtic.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue 04 Mar 2014, 20:19

Stop comparing Barca to other top teams. We are mediocre. Go and compare Bayern with Real Madrid, fss.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue 04 Mar 2014, 20:26

Fußball wrote:Stop comparing Barca to other top teams. We are mediocre. Go and compare Bayern with Real Madrid, fss.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue 04 Mar 2014, 20:36

I think we were better, simply because it was 4 years of great stuff, including 2 CL. This Bayern are yet to win 1.

In terms of the pitch, I believe we were better because the individual talent of Messi and his in prime boys Iniesta and Xavi.

Bayern perhaps have more options, but none as dominant as Messi was at that time.

Bayern are bigger, more physical and have more ways to score. Are a danger in both boxes aerially.

The truth is, the only way real way to compare is what they win and Bayern are technically yet to anything major. You compare teams like this after years of winning, just like we were told (and said) after our 6 titles in 1 year and people trying to compare us to Sacchi's Milan.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 04 Mar 2014, 20:40

On the course of the season Bayern are better due to their depth. Barca's best squad was in 2009, but not as good as Bayern's. In an encounter between Pepcelona and Pep's Bayern, the former would win. I've never seen Bayern perform at Barca's 2011 final level. The germans are more versatile, but Barca's tiki taka 2009-11 was too good.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue 04 Mar 2014, 21:09

Ahh, this thread is supposed to be about Pep's Barca vs. Pep's Bayern. Well, then obviously from Pep's current Bayern team only Neuer would get into Barca's 2008 / 2009 team.

2008 / 2009:

Henry Eto'o Messi
Iniesta Xavi
Yaya / Busquets
Abidal Puyol Pique Alves
VV

(Xaviesta in their primes, Puyol in his prime, pre-Shakira Pique, Messi actually moving instead of trotting around, Henry and Eto'o upfront ...)

vs.

Ribery Mandzukic Robben
Thiago Kroos
Lahm
Alaba Dante Boateng Rafinha
Neuer

Think that's an easy one.

I also disagree that Pep's Bayern are better at counterattacks, physically or aerially than Pep's Barca. Thiago, Kroos, Lahm isn't any more physical than Barca's midfield. According to OPTA Pep's Bayern have scored 1 counterattacking goal so far the entire season. Mandzukic is a beast in the air but yeah ... I'd take prime Eto'o over him in a heartbeat regardless. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 04 Mar 2014, 21:14

Lahm over Yaya/Busquets. Puyol wasn't in his prime in 2008-09, but still better than Boateng and Dante. Can't say the same about Pique. Ribery may be better than that year's Henry.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue 04 Mar 2014, 21:24

Valkyrja wrote:Lahm over Yaya/Busquets. Puyol wasn't in his prime in 2008-09, but still better than Boateng and Dante. Can't say the same about Pique. Ribery may be better than that year's Henry.

Puyol was pretty much in his prime years around 2008 as 2 years later in 2010 he still dominated a World Cup and in 2011 still dominated Real Madrid. There is even a bumped thread in the general section about it. Laughing

Lahm over Busquets possibly because Busquets was 19 that season.

Ribery wasn't better than Henry. It was Henry's best ever season at Barca, scoring 26 goals and giving double digit assist from the left wing and overall performing like this:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue 04 Mar 2014, 21:28

Fußball wrote:
Valkyrja wrote:Lahm over Yaya/Busquets. Puyol wasn't in his prime in 2008-09, but still better than Boateng and Dante. Can't say the same about Pique. Ribery may be better than that year's Henry.

Puyol was pretty much in his prime years around 2008 as 2 years later in 2010 he still dominated a World Cup and in 2011 still dominated Real Madrid. There is even a bumped thread in the general section about it. Laughing

Lahm over Busquets possibly because Busquets was 19 that season.

Ribery wasn't better than Henry. It was Henry's best ever season at Barca, scoring 26 goals and giving double digit assist from the left wing and overall performing like this:

what world cup did he dominate ? he along with pique could have cost spain the title for the mistakes in the final. one goal against Germany doesn't change anything.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue 04 Mar 2014, 21:39

Pls elaborate how this is Puyol's fault:

Laughing

It's off-topic anyway. Puyol 2008 >>>>> Dante and Boateng. lol

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed 05 Mar 2014, 01:11

We can't make comparison just yet. The Bayern side are yet to play exactly the way Pep wants them, give them about 2-3 years then we can, but they do have the potential to be as good if not better and I wouldn't put it past Pep to get the job done.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Wed 05 Mar 2014, 03:29

Winter is Coming wrote:We can't make comparison just yet. The Bayern side are yet to play exactly the way Pep wants them, give them about 2-3 years then we can, but they do have the potential to be as good if not better and I wouldn't put it past Pep to get the job done.

There is no way the current crop of players will be peak in 2-3 years, there are too many key members of their squad over 30 for that to be the case.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Wed 05 Mar 2014, 05:31

12/13 Bayern were stronger offensively and defensively than Chelsea in 08/09 and Barcelona barely got past them. Took Ovrebo and a late Iniesta screamer to go through on away goals.
Fuchsteufelswild
Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupi Wed 05 Mar 2014, 05:31

Heynckes bayern > Barcelona and pep bayern
Lupi
Lupi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed 05 Mar 2014, 11:45

Lupi wrote: Heynckes bayern > Barcelona and pep bayern

!
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri 07 Mar 2014, 01:33

Not sure about that though I was about to agree. Barcelona in 10-11 though was just stunning. Whole world knew that semi-final was about who'd win the CL and Barcelona absolutely raped United in the final. Don't really want to choose one team. Both on par the best teams since 95 ( Wink )

Don't think it makes a lot of sense comparing any of those two teams to pep bayern right now. At least wait till the end of the season  Laughing 
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri 07 Mar 2014, 17:22

Fuchsteufelswild wrote:12/13 Bayern were stronger offensively and defensively than Chelsea in 08/09 and Barcelona barely got past them. Took Ovrebo and a late Iniesta screamer to go through on away goals.

Well, Barca in 08/09 were stronger offensively and defensively than Bate Borisov in 12/13 and yet you lost against Borisov..

And if you want to give credit to Ovrebo for Barca qualifying for the final, then you should probably also credit Ovrebo and Stark for Chelsea being ahead. In the first leg, Eto'o had a one-on-one with Cech that Stark wrongly whistled for offside and later in the 2nd half, didn't give Barca a penalty for the clearest penalty of both games when Bosingwa pulled down Henry inside the penalty area. While in the 2nd leg, in the 4th minute Ballack handled the ball inside the penalty area and later the Ovrebo sent off Abidal thanks to an Anelka dive.

So yeah, if Barca qualified thanks to Ovrebo, then Chelsea were ahead at some point thanks to BOTH Ovrebo AND Stark..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri 07 Mar 2014, 17:43

zigra wrote:
Not sure about that though I was about to agree. Barcelona in 10-11 though was just stunning. Whole world knew that semi-final was about who'd win the CL and Barcelona absolutely raped United in the final. Don't really want to choose one team. Both on par the best teams since 95 ( Wink )

Don't think it makes a lot of sense comparing any of those two teams to pep bayern right now. At least wait till the end of the season  Laughing 

+1. Or better, wait a couple of seasons and judge then.

But even then I don't get this GL urge to make absolute lists of x > y > z.
I for one am very happy about the state of my club and I know we have a team that will be remembered, and I don't feel the need to claim that we are or will be better than Barca at their peak.
Credit where it's due. One person's high doesn't have to require another one's low.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Footyfan Sat 08 Mar 2014, 08:12

By the end of 3-4 years this Bayern will surpass Barca. There is no doubt. This is only the begining. Robbery has 2-3 more good years & Thiago-Kroos-Goetze are peaking.

You add Lewandoswki next season and this will be an unstoppable monster. This is only the 1st season and the team is learning to play under Guardiola.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down