Puyol leaves Barça at the end of the season, possibly to retire.

+11
CBarca
Le Samourai
The Franchise
danyjr
eelir
barcaholic
Winter is Coming
BarcaLearning
BarrileteCosmico
futbol
free_cat
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Puyol leaves Barça at the end of the season, possibly to retire. - Page 2 Empty Re: Puyol leaves Barça at the end of the season, possibly to retire.

Post by futbol Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:52 pm

The Franchise wrote:That Puyol and Vidic line would have to be so deep they would be standing on the 6 yard box Laughing

Abovage average pace for Serie A standards, brah. :coffee:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Puyol leaves Barça at the end of the season, possibly to retire. - Page 2 Empty Re: Puyol leaves Barça at the end of the season, possibly to retire.

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:39 pm

Loool!

Loved the comments. His spirit and determination was really his best admirable attribute, and can see everyone loves that quality Cool 

About the end of the era, I dont know, I guess I still have hopes, I mean if we win the league etc., still, see what happens.

Pique saying Puyol would save his ass, well thats not gonna happen anymore Sad

Interesting to know Puyol started at RB? Very Happy

And I hear a lot Argentina used to have great GK and defenders. Who are the names, can name a few? How this current Argentina team could use them!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:41 pm

I believe Puyol as a youngster played many different positions from striker to midfield.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Puyol started off as a Keeper got a shoulder injury so later moved into a striker, then to center defensive mid, later to right back and in 2004 placed in centerback..
according to the articles that is.

he was quoted saying "I am like a bad student who gets passed school by reviewing my errors and improving them"
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Wed Mar 05, 2014 5:27 pm

And I think that quote says it, he just doesnt come across as the best of anything, but hes so determined and brave to play at such a high level anyway and succeeds, admirable  :bow: 

So I just read hes agreed to rescind his last 2 seasons contract, thats largely also to help save money for Barca too then, what a legend.  :bow: 
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:58 pm

Are Pique and Mascherano better than him at the moment ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:28 pm

Yes, they are probably better. If only for the reason that they can play 2-3 games a week and Puyol cant play 1 a week.

I still thought him and Mascherano on Sunday were more organised than any other combination we have.

There was a moment where Almeria were attacking down their right and got quite deep. Adriano forced the attacker to turn around, with his back facing the goal. And Mascherano visibly waving his arm in a forward motion urged Puyol and Dani Alves forward and they sprinted forward together and therefore playing the offside trap if a blind pass was played while at the same time closing the space.

We never get that level of awareness of situation and organisation when Pique is in the there with the naturally still timid Bartra.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:11 am

Great servant of the club.Wish him the best in whatever he does next.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:14 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Are Pique and Mascherano better than him at the moment ?

Yes, interms of Age and Injury.....If you think thats important in football ofcourse....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:18 pm

A great decision from a great leader ....
A timely and well taken decision........Thanks to him and Good Luck

Now the management and martino have one less defender to do the excuse that they did last time..... Laughing 

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2