FalcaoPunch
Blue Barrett
Red Alert
dostoevsky
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Second Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Empty The Second Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:57 am

https://2img.net/h/s22.postimg.cc/flomuuwm9/GLawards2.png

Welcome to the 2nd Annual GoalLegacy awards. This ceremony is proudly presented by the GL staff so in case you rage at anything, please feel free to abuse JD.

I would like to thank BarrileteCosmico who conducted the voting process. Without him, the awards wouldn’t have functioned so a massive thanks to him on behalf of the Admin team. I would also like to thank every single person who voted and took park in the organisation of the GoalLegacy Awards as it was some fantastic work overall and worked out really well.

With awards, you get both the winners and people who are not the winners (rumoured to be called losers?) however as being part communist and a strong believer in power to the people, we are all winners together in the end, so therefore please don’t be upset for not winning anything and if anyone gloats on their accomplishments, please feel free to report their posts as our new moderators often complain about lack of work.

On a more serious note, It’s really good to have lived another year on GL man. We can’t stress enough when we say that we absolutely love this place and the main reason is because of people like you who put in the effort to run this place as posters. We owe each and every one of you and we are thankful to have spent the last year with the amount of fun and laughs and of course talking about football. You all deserve massive congratulations.

With that, let me begin by the awards ceremony with a 30 day self-imposed exile period. See you all in a month.

No, just kidding (f u all for not giving me a single vote in the funniest poster awards)

----------------------------

Club section Awards.

First, let me do the honour of awarding the best posters in the club sections. The winners were chosen after very detailed analysis thanks to Michael Cox the moderators, and with me being the best of judges and the fairest of all; I hope no one has any problems with the winners. And to make them as fair as possible, I have not nominated an Admin or Moderator for the club section awards apart from Kick who joined recently so he doesn't count.

Arsenal Section

Who has been Arsenal section’s poster of the year?

3rd Place – Chumlum
2nd Place – MJGunner

And the Arsenal section’s best poster of the year goes to none other than...Goonerjay29.

For the 2nd time running! All I have to say about him is that he keeps the section sane and I just take the credit for it. Congrats!

Milan Section

Who has been Milan Section’s poster of the year?

3rd Place – Forza
2nd Place – El Shaarawy

And the Milan section’s best poster of the year goes to...Dante.

He is the Maldini of the Milan section. Class posts and as passionate as any. Congrats to Dante!

Barcelona Section

Who has been Barcelona section’s poster of the year?

3rd Place: Free_Cat
2nd Place: Eelir

And the Barcelona section’s poster of the year goes to our very own pet Kid...CBarca!

He is mature beyond his years and it is not a surprise to see the young protégé win this award. Congrats!

Juventus Section

Who has been Juventus section’s poster of the year?

3rd place – Juveman17
2nd Place – GIGItheBest

And the Juventus section’s poster of the year goes to....S!!

He has done some fantastic word over the year for Juventus section. Single handedly kick starting the section back again and he deserves nothing less. Congrats man!

Real Madrid Section

Who has been Real Madrid section’s poster of the year?

3rd Place: LeVersacci
2nd Place: HalaMadrid2

And the Real Madrid’s poster of the year goes to none other than our personal bot....Yohan Modric!

Congrats mate

Chelsea Section

Who has been Chelsea Section’s poster of the year?

3rd Place – fatman123
2nd Place – Kick

And the Chelsea Section’s poster of the year goes to......Shed!

He has rarely ever( 7 posts I think?) posted in the General section but he is like Klose of Germany in the Chelsea section. Been excellent over the year and more in there.

Inter Section

Who has been Inter Section’s poster of the year?

3rd Place – Swanhends
2nd Place – Zizzle

And the Inter Section’s poster of the year goes to....Vibe!

Congrats to him

Manchester United Section

Who has been Man United section’s poster of the year?

3rd Place – B-Mac
2nd Place – RED

And the Man United section’s poster of the year goes to....Lumiere_Blanche!!.

Congrats to him!

Bayern Munich Section

Who has been Bayern Section’s poster of the year?

3rd Place – BAYERN_MUNICH
2nd Place – Rwo Power

And the Bayern Munich Section’s poster of the year goes to....Hapless_Hans!!

He may be new but he probably has been Bayern’s best poster

Roma Section

Who has been Roma Section’s poster of the year?

3rd Place – JAY Z
2nd Place – Flameas

And the Roma Section’s poster of the year goes to...Lupi! Congrats

Liverpool Section

Who has been Liverpool Section’s poster of the year?

3rd Place – McAgger
2nd Place – Ifthikar

And the Liverpool section’s poster of the year goes to....Nishank!!!

Congrats man

With that, we conclude the ceremony. Good night folks.

Oh wait? What?

Spoiler:

Oh I see

--------------------------------

The Hub

1.  Who do you think the Off-Topic User of the Year is?

5th Place – RealGunner
4th Place- Tomwin Lannister
3rd Place – dmize
2nd Place – Great Leader Sprucenuce

And The Off-Topic user of the season is…ranDom!!

Had to do top 5 because the votes were extremely close. Congrats to Dom for pipping everyone and a very well deserved award.

2.  What is the Off Topic section's Thread of the Year?

5th Place – Jibers question time Thread
4th Place – WWE Thread
3rd Place – Aussie Talk about whatever Thread
2nd Place – The Meme Thread

And the Off Topic section thread of the year goes to.....The TV Series thread!!

3.  Fan Favourite Off-Topic Thread of the Year?

3rd Place – Game Of Thrones Thread
2nd Place – Moderator Application thread

And the fan favourite off topic thread of the year goes to......The High council of Kebab and Lifters!!

4.  What is the Off-Topic's Quote of the Year?

4th Place – Everyone’s reaction on the Red Wedding
3rd Place - Tomwin Lannister’s quote in the Kebab and Lifters thread
2nd Place - Yohan Modric: “I guess it’s best to watch a series from the start in order to understand it better”

And the Off topic quote of the year goes to....Yohan Modric's response to whether a man should fight back when hit by a woman: “If there’s no one around, maybe the man can just run away?”

Mt I love you man seriously

---------------------------------

General Section Awards

First Category: Who is the Best New Poster of the Year?

3rd Place: futbol
2nd Place: Casciavit

The best new poster of the year goes to.. El Shaarawy!

There were many excellent new posters last year and the voting was ever so close however El Shaarawy pips his Milan teammate to the award. He has been a great poster over the year. Whether it’s off topic or football, his posts are full of quality and a guy who is a great friend of many in here. A well-deserved award.

Second Category: Who is the Most Objective/Unbiased Poster of the Year?

3rd Place: Dostoevsky
2nd Place: Mclewis

And the most unbiased poster of the year goes to.. The Franchise!

There are posters who put their agendas as foremost in most debates. Then there are posters like The Franchise. If someone deserves credit, Franchise will give it, even if it’s a rival team. Even if it’s about Ronaldo!!! That’s all there is to say. He doesn’t base his opinion on folklore or hype but from what he sees and what he straight out thinks. A well-deserved award. Congrats!

Third Category: Who is the Funniest/Wittiest Poster of the Year?

3rd Place: Vibe
2nd Place: Lex

The Funniest/Wittiest Poster of the year goes to… Tomwin Lannister!

If someone displaces Lex in the funniest poster of the year, he deserves massive props. Tom has been reborn over the year (Thanks to me pushing him to the main event but erm yea) There is no situation where Tom won’t be able to find a funny side of. He has literally made many of us laugh for hours thinking back to his jokes and posts. Congrats mate!

Fourth Category: Who is the Best debater and/or most intelligent poster of the Year?

3rd Place: Great Leader Sprucenuce
2nd Place: Jibers

The best debater/most intelligent poster of the year goes to… The Franchise.

He is the walking sticklibrary of football. He can debate about any subject related to football or off topic. He can school you with words of wisdom. That is Franchise. With an amazing insight about football he really is the best debater around and of course an intelligent poster who usually talks sense (unless it’s about Cesc, then he isn’t very intelligent) and someone you can talk to hours about anything. Congrats!

Fifth Category: Who is the Most Awesome Poster of the Year?

4th Place:  Great Leader Sprucenuce
3rd Place : Tomwin Lannister
2nd Place: Yohan Modric

The most awesome poster of the year goes to… RealGunner

Well deserved. Why did we have nomination for this award again?

Sixth Category: Who is the Best User to Chat with?

4th Place: CBarca
3rd Place: Firenze
2nd Place: Great Leader Sprucenuce

Best user to chat with goes to…RealGunner! 2nd year in a row

Spoiler:

Thanks everyone for voting for me. I will petition begto bring back LUCAS for this.

Seventh Category: Best Thread of the Year?

4th Place: Is Muntari the best DM in the world?
3rd Place: Tottenham to request Madrid " Clarification" on partnership
2nd Place: Quotes of GoalLegacy Chat

The best Thread of the year goes to…Official GL Betting Thread

It’s been a relatively new thread but I can understand why it has won the award. Massive thanks to M99 for starting it. The betting thread is both fun and often a curse. You are tempted to put in a bet and then you regret it later. But that’s the fun part! Long may it continue! Imagine if I start a GL currency just for this thread? hmm

Eight Category: Most Controversial/Coolest Thread of the Year?

3rd Place: Busquets: “I am tired of Madrid’s tears”
2nd Place: Benzema is a joke thread

The most controversial thread of the year was… The Balon d’Or thread!

It certainly was controversial. At times we had to play rock paper scissors to decide who has to moderate that thread. It became interesting, awful, trollish and back to interesting. It was definitely controversial and perhaps the most interesting in recent times too.

Ninth Category: What is GoalLegacy's Quote of the Year?

3rd Place: Vibe: Once Upon a Time in Catalonia ...
2nd Place:  RealGunner’s rejection of ClockworkOrange’s moderator application.

And the GL quote of the year goes to….Clockwork’s post on Cruyffism vs Van Gaalism (his epiphany)

Congrats!

Tenth Category: What is GoalLegacy's Meme of the Year?

3rd Place: I can confirm
2nd Place: I never said I have twitter

GL’s meme of the year is…. Pls go

No it really is ‘pls go’.

Eleventh category:  Fan Favourite Poster of the Year?

4th Place: Jibers
3rd Place: Firenze
2nd Place: RealGunner

The Fan Favourite Poster of the year goes to….Tomwin Lannister

He is everyone’s favourite for a reason. A guy who is amazing in everway. Great friend, great poster. His posts are always enjoyable to read and he is someone who you will never ever speak bad about(Unless it’s wwe and shit gets serious in wwwe). Congrats to Tom. A well deserved award  

twelve Category: Who is Goal Legacy's Member of the Year? (Based on their contribution)

4th Place: The Franchise
3rd Place: RealGunner
2nd Place: GreatLeaderSpruceNuce

Finally. The 2013 Goal Legacy d'Or goes to.
Yohan Modric.

What can you say about MT? He has been absolutely immense over the year. His contributions all around the forum has been insane. He is the guy you rely on in the transfer period. He has an opinion on most things and he isn’t afraid to use it. A guy who has a heart of gold. Will NEVER talk shit about another club. He is universally admired. A people’s champion. We hope to have his services for years to come. Congrats man. You fully deserve the award

-------------------------

This concludes the awards evening. I hope you enjoyed it and sorry for not making it as grand as I hoped. Just not been good few weeks but I hope I make a better one for next year.

Last edited by RealGunner on Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:53 am; edited 5 times in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The Second Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Empty Re: The Second Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony

Post by dostoevsky Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:09 am

Dani's so good he took the top two places in one category. Proud
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

The Second Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Empty Re: The Second Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:10 am

Congratulations to all the winners! Proud
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:18 am

Dani was able to convince me that Valdes isn't a shit goalkeeper afterall. Best debate I've had on this forum. Top guy!
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:19 am

I wasn't even shortlisted.
farce like balon d'or.

Congrats to all the winners!
Mt, you are best :bow:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:21 am

FalcaoPunch wrote:I wasn't even shortlisted.
farce like balon d'or.

*didn't even know the awards were on*  Laughing 
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:24 am

Dani man, I'm so happy for you.

Some of you know I take this place just as serious as my life and do my best to be genuine and heartfelt. I wasn't as active over this last year and you guys still showed me love. Maybe I'm more happy than I should be for winning an award on a internet forum, but I really do appreciate it. I fell in love with this place soon after joining up and it's been like a second family to me. I've grown so much over these last couple of years and I honestly believe many of you have played your role. Thank you Proud

Also proud for my homie CB, RG, Papa Tom, El Shaarawy, Casc, and Dante.

P.S.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:25 am

Botric Proud Love him so much.

And congrats to all the winners.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:52 am

Awesome write up RG and congrats for all the winners. Another great year in GL, next year though that Inter member of year award is mine -.-
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:06 am

Main man RG that's reminiscent of Morpheus' ceremony. Fantastics write up :bow: :bow: Congratz to all the winners, fully deserved.

Although McAgger snub continues. :coffee: Gonna come back stronger for next season's awards.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:25 am

Barca poster of the year? GL pls go

Alexjanosik, futbol, Khaled, Free_Cat, eelir and many more probably more deserving, but I thank you and I'm flattered  Embarassed not to mention BC, Kizz and Dani as not eligible.

Congrats to all the winners and great job with the write up RG Proud

Another year man. Crazy.

Last edited by CBarca on Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:35 am

MT :bow: :bow: :bow:

Thread of the year Proud
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:39 am

RG Proud what a thread

MT truly deserves the GL d'Or. :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:45 am

3rd place out of 3 in the United section Proud

Moyes can only dream of such an achievement Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:14 am

Good job RG :bow:

My man MT deserves it all Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:01 am

Superb effort, RG Proud
Not quite enough to earn you any Funniest Poster votes next time either, I reckon, but a damn good try, mate.

Congrats to all the winners, well deserved!

Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:10 am

Cas Sad

Spoiler:

Fantastic write up RG Proud Also great job from BC on creating the voting process Thumbs up

Have to say, Dost and Forza deserve to be 2nd/3rd in Best Milan poster category (Not in that  order necessarily). They're waaaaaay more deserving imo.

Anyways, congrats to all the winners Very Happy

MT :bow::bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:19 am

Congrats to the winners!  cheers

And great job, RG! banana

Spoiler:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:34 am

This year's award was rigged!

http://chimptube.tv/upload/files/photos/1366406544a72613_o.gif

MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:56 am

RG :bow: fantastic write up.

Haha, ES. Nah man, its deserved you were definitely the best newcomer. I'm surprised I even got in the top 3 TBH.

Congratulations to all the winners, a special congratulations to Dom, RG, Tom, ES and MT.

The Second Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Untitl13

Yohan Modric winner of the 2013 GL d'or Proud
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:30 am

All of the winners were more than worthy. Stop being so humble you scrubs Laughing

Amazing year full of amazing moments with amazing posters.

You lads are GL.

Never forget that.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:40 pm

Thanks guys

you scrubs take your awards and gloat ffs. What is this poverty humbleness
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Appreciate it people, I thought by now I would have alienated enough people to no longer win these awards.

Congrats to the rest of winners, well deserved in the cases I am familiar with.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:55 pm

good job putting it all together

congrats to the winners Proud
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:59 pm

"he probably has been the best" poster, really, RG? 'Probably'?

What's with the casual dismissiveness? 'ooh, I don't know, probably, who cares about those fools down there in the lower sections'... aha aha.. I see... I will remember...

Plus more than posting in the Bayern section I've been trolling the Arsenal one, and guess what, I was 'probably' the best troll there. Where's my award for that? Eh?

Make no mistake, you'll get yours, you losers, come wednesday.
 Clubber Clubber Clubber
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next