The Demon of Carthage
Lucifer
Cruijf
Casciavit
Freeza
Kick
16 posters

Go down

The Fourth Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Empty The Fourth Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony

Post by Kick Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:13 pm

The Fourth Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Banner10

Another year, another GL awards night! Welcome to the 4th annual Goal Legacy Awards Ceremony! Unfortunately we asked RG to organise a special guest host, but sadly, RG only asked Tony Hibbert and he turned us down. So, instead, I’ve been asked to host such a wonderful ceremony. As always, I’d like to thank the GL staff for their work throughout the year! Also, Shout out to ES for the banner, beats what ever I would have made. Also, Huge thanks to BC who did most of the work to make this happen!

So let’s get down to business;

Club section awards:
Arsenal:
In 3rd place MJGunner, 2nd, ElGunner
And the Injured Wilshere award for best Arsenal poster goes to: SriGooner!! Congrats Sri!

AC Milan:
3rd place is Cruijff, 2nd is Dante,
And the Mexes wondergoal award for best Milan poster goes to ES!! The man whose Sig always speaks the hilarious truth. Congrats!

Barcelona:
3rd place goes to Donuts, 2nd to Free Cat,
And the winner of the more versatile than Sergi Roberto award for best Barca poster goes to Futbol!! Congrats Fuss!

Juventus:
In 3rd is JuveAlbanian, in 2nd Salmano,

And the winner of the ever changing hairstyle of Paul Pogba award for best Juve poster goes to Andrew_P!
Congrats Andrew! Now go style your hair after Pogba. Or EuroMax, if you prefer.

Real Madrid:
3rd is Sportsczy, 2nd is Titosantill,
And the winner of the better than Bale award for best Real Poster is: The Demon of Carthage!
Congrats! Your rise through the Madrid ranks has been more impressive than that time Bale skinned Bartra alive.

Chelsea:
3rd goes to Abramovich, 2nd is Uncanny,
And the secret Shane Long fanboy award for best Chelsea poster goes to Shed!
Congrats Shed, I hope you enjoy your Fatman123 sponsored award!

Inter:
3rd place goes to Kick! As the original recipient has been banned and therefore disqualified, 2nd goes to Zizzle,
And the Filipe Melo appreciation society award for best Inter Poster goes to Robespierre! Congrats Robes! Keep up the great work!

Man Utd:
3rd goes to Glory, Second is RED,
And the Mike Smaldini award for best Man Utd poster goes to: B-Mac! Congrats Mike!

Bayern:
Realisticly, there is only 1 winner here, and the people have spoken,
The winner of the Alonso’s Beard award for best Bayern Poster goes to anyone but Hans! cheers
But Seriously, Hans is the obious winner here, BAYERN_MUNCHEN is second.

Roma:
The award for the biggest Totti Fanboy award goes to McLewis!

Liverpool:
3rd is Curtinho, 2nd is Don’t Call Me James,
And the winner of the Nathaniel Clyne’s hairline award for best Liverpool poster is Art Morte!
Awkward, seeing as Art doesn’t have a hairline…..

Rest of the World:
In 3rd is RWO, 2nd is RWO
And the winner of the only real poster in this section award is RWO_Power! Congrats! You must enjoy talking to yourself.

That concludes the club awards, on to the off topic stuff:
The Hub:

Off topic quote of the year:
3rd is:
VivaStPauli's numerous posts in the Procession of Plight thread

2nd is:
”El Gunner wrote: Breh this is the "if I didn't sit at home, I'd touch thread", not the "if I didn't sit at home, I'd take you out on a date then get engaged thread.

And the winner is:
ES wrote:My cat is now afraid if me, because she's been scratching at my door all night and meowing, according to internet i should ignore this, but she's been doing this for a few days and doesn't stop, i've messed up my sleeping as a cause of this. I had to use drastic measures so went ahead with the vacuum solution, everytime she scratches i switch it on and she runs away.

The following morning i wake up, go to her starts running away. She keeps running away from me everytime i approach her, i've tried everyway from lying down prone and crawling like prime Big Boss to trying to lure her with treats, i tried getting her to play with her favorite toy, no reaction. Eventually i went yolo and clasped my hands on her torso as she was running, she twisted and scrawled over my hands and forearm, i punched her (light punch, instant reaction didn't mean it)

Its been 2 days since, the trust is gone, i'm the cat devil to her now. Dunno how i'm gonna rebuild the trust.

Off topic thread of the year:
3rd is the Movie House, 2nd is Procession of Plight,
And the best off topic thread is: Benzema is Finally a World Class Player. Ffs.

Off topic user of the year:
3rd is a tie between ES and Firenze, 2nd is LeVersacci,
And the off topic user of the year is M99! Congrats!

General Section:
Best New Poster:
3rd is Linetty, 2nd is PirloIsJesus,
And GL Boy award for best new poster goes to The Demon of Carthage! Congrats, it’s great to have new posters like you around!

Most objective:
3rd is McLewis, 2nd is GoonerJay,
And the Riquelme award for most Objective poster goes to Robespierre! Congrats on another award, Robes!

Funniest Poster:
3rd is M99, 2nd is Hans,
And the Funniest poster award goes to Tomwin_Lannister! For the 3rd straight year, Tom has won this award, congrats!

Best user to chat with:
3rd is Jibers, 2nd is Great Leader Sprucenuce,
And the best user to chat with is Real_Gunner, his 4th straight win here, ffs people, be nicer to each other so RG doesn’t win again.

Most Controversial Poster:
3rd is Sepi, 2nd is Chad20193120412,
And the most controversial poster is Harmonica! Congrats for knocking Gil off his perch!

Best Debater:
3rd is Titosantill, 2nd is VivaStPauli,
And the winner is Dante! Better join a debate team, mate.

Most Knowledgeable poster:
In 3rd Casciavit, 2nd Jibers,
And the winner is Robespierre! Someone finally displaced Dani and Dost! Congrats!

Staff Member of the year:
Distant 2nd is Kick,
And the equal winners are BarrileteCosmico and RWO_Power! Congrats you two, you truly are better than Red_Oranje and JackDaniels.

Fan Favourite/Most Awesome:
3rd is Futbol, 2nd is Hans,
And GL fan favourite is Tomwin Lannister! He was obviously going to win this award, as he is a lifelong fan of every team in football.

Best Quote:
2nd is:
”Halamadrid2” wrote: Not watching the game but just seen this https://i.imgflip.com/p576q.gif
”Tomwin Lannister” wrote: Gets a shitty rent boy tattoo and all of a sudden he thinks he's *bleep* mental
The joint winners are:
”Tomwinn Lannister” wrote: Tell Pep to take his hipster ideas elsewhere, and replace him with a coach who isn't going to play 2-1-1-7-8-5-3 with GKs at DM, wing backs playing false ball boy and Lahm playing #9 just to prove a point.
And:
”Urbanroots” wrote: The Fourth Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony 3oEdv9QFDhkJvMgFDa
Congrats to both Tom and Urban for these hilarious posts!

Best Thread:
3rd is:
The Official Mourning of Jerome Boateng http://www.goallegacy.net/t37677-the-official-mourning-of-jerome-boateng

2nd is:
De Gea Transfer Saga http://www.goallegacy.net/t38224-update-david-de-gea-currently-in-mountainstein-s-arms-vows-vengeance

And the winner is:
The Criminal Life of Benzema http://www.goallegacy.net/t38516p396-the-criminal-life-of-benzema

Without a doubt a fantastic thread, well worth a read!

Best Meme:
3rd goes to Dishmar and Wii U, 2nd goes to (: ,
And the winner is Distant 2nd!
You guys suck for not ensuring this meme finished in a distant second.

And the GL D’Or:
Equal 3rd goes to Great Leader Sprucenuce and The Demon of Carthage, 2nd goes to Hapless_ Hans,
And the GL DO’r goes to M99!

Congrats! Last year I called you Messi, and you did exactly as Messi did won the D’Or after the disappointment of last year. Hopefully you continue your Messi-esque path and win more awards in future years!

Congrats to all the winners, and thank you to all of those who bribed BC and I, my condolences to all the losers, there is only one thing you can do to remove the sorrow, get good.

And that brings us to the end of the ceremony, thanks to everyone!

Last edited by Kick on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

The Fourth Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Empty Re: The Fourth Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony

Post by Freeza Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:23 pm

Benzema sweeping the awards. We should pitch in and get the guy a GL honorary award tbh. The year was made by him entirely.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

The Fourth Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Empty Re: The Fourth Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony

Post by Casciavit Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:31 pm

Congrats to all the winners Thumbs up
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruijf Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:34 pm

Congrats to everyone, well deserved!

Still die when I see Urbanroots' gif Laughing
Cruijf
Cruijf
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Feb 12, 2016 2:38 pm

Congrats to all winners :bow:
Let the gloating begin ffs

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Thank you all! I'm very honored and humbled with your gratitude and support! Congrats to all the winners, and also the nominees!

GL 'till I die Molenation
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Great job kick!
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:08 pm

Nice work Kick Very Happy

Tom's quotes rofl

I thank whoever voted me for the Milan section, i think Dante deserved it more tbh (i voted for him)

Wii U didn't win Sad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:09 pm

That banner rofl ES rofl

Thanks to everyone who voted for me. I am honored that you made the right decision and not choose those plebs Hans, Mole and Cabbage you chose me as the best poster of the forum and off topic. Congrats to all other winners and nominees. Honestly, that Benzema thread is one of the funniest things to exist on the internet and the posters here count among the funniest, smartest and knowledgable people I have interacted with. A big round of applause to Kick, BC and everyone else involved in this ceremony.

Having said that, I am going to take some liberties in this thread. There are a few things that need to be said which some people may not like to hear but it has to be said and this award ceremony is the perfect place to say it.

This forum is on decline. Lot of you have noticed it. Its still a great place to be as evidenced by this thread but yeah its on a decline. Some of the long time posters like Art, urban and S have made it clear that they are not satisfied with this place's activity. And they shouldn't be. No one should be. I am not. But the admins are.

I love the admins here, seriously people who complain about them, you should go and see admins in other forums. Our admins are the best admins I have seen on any forum probably but this is constructive criticism which I hope no one takes personally. It has been pointed out that people get older and more responsibilities which limit time spent on a football forum. So yeah people end up leaving. Motogp69, IzzyC08, Zealous, BiasedMilanFan3, nj, juve101, Albiceleste, The Sanchez, rsinatra to name a few most probably got these new responsibilities and left the forum altogether. Other people like Arq, MT and dostoevsky too drastically reduced their activity because of it. Understandable, we can do nothing to stop people from leaving, life happens. But this is not exclusive to GL, it happens on every forum. But those forums get new members. Our forum the ratio of active posters leaving is alarmingly greater than new active posters joining (Linnety, Carthage, rincon, Unique). Something needs to be done about it.

Urban said that admins were lazy when this place was on its prime. It should have been marketed in its prime. But it was not, nothing we can do to change that. In my opinion, this forum peaked in the World Cup but who is to say it can't reach another peak? (in the words of DJ Khaled ANOTHER ONE!) Let everyone try to bring in new members not just the admins. I have seen fears before that we will get trolls and shitposters so what? This forum is not going down the drain as long as there is even a fraction of the people who made it so great. Hell don't you miss controversial posters like juve101? Don't you appreciate the um...uniqueness of Unique? Does the logic of Harmonica not enthrall you? This forum could do with all kinds of poster. Massive props to futbol for bringing the Barca army here.

I'm not talking just about marketing, raising awareness that this place exists or requesting friends or people from other forums to join. You will notice in the Introduction thread that a lot of people do end up here but disappear after 5 posts. Maybe its because they don't find this place active enough. I know a lot of you are busy with your lives but for those that find themselves procrastinating or just browsing GL, post more, make threads. This is especially true for specific club sections. I have been in this forum for a long ass time but I only started posting regularly in General section after this place was reborn as Goal Legacy. I used to hardly venture out of the Milan section. New posters in every forum tend to go to clubs section first and obviously there is no reason for them to stay if they are not active. I will be trying my hardest to take initiative in the Milan section. So far I look like a hypocrite,  all I'm doing is creating Match threads with a unique title. But I will try more these coming days. I urge everyone else to do the same in other sections IF THEY HAVE TIME (no matter what, real life responsibilities>GL).

And please, I am never buying this "football is boring, Hub Heart  " BS. Football is the greatest sport in the world and will never be boring (as long as we don't watch Mule League https://i.servimg.com/u/f45/16/55/86/86/lulcas11.gif ).

When this forum was created, Ganso made a thread expressing fears of the community dying because he said this place was like an island, hardly anyone would know of its existence without the marketing of lol.com. Ganso himself is one of the many who has naturally left the forum. http://www.goallegacy.net/t187-we-are-in-an-island

Look at the screenshot there. Look at the names that don't log in any more. It was promised that this place won't decline when it was created. 5 years later, let us deliver on the promise the best we can. I know it may be impossible because of real life responsibilities, but let us try the best we can.

I am not happy to be tame. I don't like slow deaths. I like this place. A lot.

TLDR: GL D Or Winner Donald TruM99 #MakeGLGreatAgain.

Last edited by M99 on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:29 pm

Okay I haven't actuallly read the winners or the whole OP because that picture of the cat being punched already wins 2016 rofl rofl rofl
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:50 pm

2nd place in both my noms Sad That's so Arsenal of me since there isn't space for 4th spot.

Anyway, congrats to all winners!

M99, I see you my brother Proud
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:03 pm

Hub > Football tbh.

Stay mad IMO The Fourth Annual GoalLegacy Awards - Ceremony Lulcas11
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:53 pm

You've raised many valid points, M99. I don't really agree that GL is in decline, but that might be because I haven't been here as long as you, and as a result, my judgement can't possibly be as accurate as yours.

Having said that, and assuming that what you're saying is in fact undeniably true, we should get to the bottom of it and see if it's our fault or something entirely out of our hands.

I can't speak for everybody, so I'm just going to give my take on this. Believe me, if GL wasn't good enough, I wouldn't sign up, let alone come back regularly. My main criterion is quality. After that I look for class and respect. If I don't find these three, I don't sign up. GL has all three, and in abundance I might add. Its members, most of them at least, are well-behaved and intelligent. You can't leave a place like that.

Other people think differently though. They want something entirely dedicated to their cause and don't like to be at loggerheads with eternal rivals. They want the forum to be for them and them only. That could be the reason why we don't have as many Manchester United fans as Red Café, or as many Barcelona fans as Barcaforum, or as many Real Madrid fans as ManagingMadrid,...But we do have a little bit of everything, which makes GL unique. We may not have quantity, but we surely have quality.

It doesn't mean that we're doing something wrong. It just boils down to personal preferences. But the good news is, the same active users I saw when I first came here are still with us. So we're not really losing members at an exponential rate.

Of course, my experience here pales in comparison to yours. But I'm sure if we could hold on to the members we have now, we'll be fine. They're the cream of the crop, believe me. One here is worth ten thousands of lol.com.

The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Feb 12, 2016 9:40 pm

Tbf anybody who thinks the forum is in decline should just hang out in the hub more.

The hub is by far the best part of GL tbh

Congrats to all the winners and another year of GL Very Happy love this place
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:12 pm

Congratulations to all the winners !

Tbh , i didn't think i would do better in the debate award than the objective one. Not sure how GL perceives me as a poster , but away from the forum i am well known as the objective of the gang , even out of my cycle it's often that i hear it being noted of me . It's a little ironic because it's that same objectivity which has made me look as having lost debates over time Laughing . A recent brief example , i was debating homosexuals deserve every right i have and that , what they do in their bed doesn't make them less citizens e.t.c , fast forward to > being "accused" of being gay Proud . Frankly , being objective isn't easy and often people that won't understand your case will often perceive you as biased , no matter how hard you try to make it clear .

So i want to particularly congratulate the rest nominees for being appreciated as such . Frankly , that someone thought of me as an objective person , even when i didn't get in the top 3 , means more to me than anything else in the forum. Be objective , even if it seems like it works against you some times !

ES wrote:Nice work Kick Very Happy

Tom's quotes rofl

I thank whoever voted me for the Milan section, i think Dante deserved it more tbh (i voted for him)

Wii U didn't win Sad

No , i didn't . I also voted for you ES Proud . And that's because you deserved it , from your hilarious threads throughout the year , to the comments , the sigs lol(humor) and rumors you post. I barely did any better . Credit to Cruijff as well , your contribution to our gloried section has been duly noted in 2015 m8 , had you been more active it would have been trickier to vote , nevertheless you guys are all great , keep going . Let's do our best for the section until Milan gets it together , so when more fans feel the same excitement we once did , to talk about Milan some more , they don't find an empty section . When i joined in the old goal forums , i found a crowded Milan section , we must contribute what best we can so new people can maybe experience the same one day. Frankly with Galliani our efforts will probably go to waste , but we shouldn't give up (:

@M99

cheers

Congratulations m8 , it was well deserved . We should hang your GL d'Or in the section some place nice Proud
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Just realized, another year, another tripletta for the Milan section Proud
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:41 am

Ffs lads, gonna need to get a tattoo of GL on my neck if this keeps up
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:53 pm

Thanks everyone Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

tbf I learn from Goallecacy fanbase Proud :coffee:
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:31 am

Congratulations y'all! Just tuned in today after returning from asstime on the skiing slopes.

My first section win, after running-up last year Proud

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum