RealGunner
Highburied
DuringTheWar
urbaNRoots
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
45 posters

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:08 pm

1991 wrote:Started Ozil on the left just to be a stubborn twat. Laughing Seriously, how can people stand by this stuff? His arrogance is clearly detrimental to the club.

I cant stand him. I wont lie I am losing interest in football because of him.

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Arsene Wenger Contract Discussion Thread

Post by MJ Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:06 pm

Can't believe a contract thread gets bumped every time we drop points, incredible.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:31 am

Lol...

I know this is all just hypothetical, but I wonder how things would be, where we would be and how we would be playing if, as my friend on twitter @jimbobgooner would say, Wenger just did the respectful thing and resigned a few years ago.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:07 am

I think its more likely we would have found ourselves out of the champions league than winning the title.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:30 am

I will judge Wenger, like I always do, at the end of the campaign.

My aims for this season are the same as last season:

* To challenge for the title until the end
* To finish in the top 4
* To win a cup
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:59 pm

SamuelJayC wrote:I will judge Wenger, like I always do, at the end of the campaign.

My aims for this season are the same as last season:

* To challenge for the title until the end
* To finish in the top 4
* To win a cup

You're aims are too low. Unfortunately they reflect the majority of Arsenal fans, the idiots who pay the highest ticket prices in the world and still buy into the myth that we're some small poor club from North London.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:11 pm

I love Arsene and I don't want him to be sacked or anything. He is an all time legend and will go down as one of the most important figure we have ever had, but I think Arsenal as a whole can do with a new approach.

Right now, we can all agree that out of all the 'crisis' clubs in Liverpool, Everton, Tottenham and us, Arsene is the only one who can get us out faster than the other managers and get us to a top 4 place and whatever. However we can also agree that we are all tired of the same thing every year. It's not all Arsene's fault, I don't blame him for external factors. But maybe it's time for us to change direction and start a new era.

I am also fearful we might end up as United after Fergie and most of the Arsenal fanbase might be too but we will have to go through a managerial transition eventually.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:20 pm

Wenger won't leave us with a squad in need of major regeneration, at least. That would aid the transition.

It's too early for "Wenger out" talk but this is a year where he has even less excuses than he's ever had because the squad is as strong as its ever been and not getting that squad of players playing well and winning games would be inexcusable.

What's also different is that the problems aren't about what we're lacking but how we're using the players we have. He's made some strange decisions regarding the shape of the team and who plays where and they haven't even been forced on him because of injuries.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Yea agreed

He is trying to force a system which would suit Ozil-Wilshere-Ramsey but he can't do it. But he is still trying to tweak every match. It's costing us but I don't know why he is so adamant about it.

Last match he played Wilshere as the LCM so him and Ozil can interchange. It kinda worked since Ozil was very good and even Ramsey looked sharp. But injuries piled up to two of the three and it all went downhill.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:21 pm

you lot should have waited after our annual lost away at Chelsea :coffee:

Last edited by EL Patron on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:24 pm

EL Patron wrote:you lot should have waited after our annual lost away to Chelsea :coffee:

We not losing to Chelsea though. :coffee:

We will finish the season unbeaten and still not win anything and get kicked out of top 4. Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:25 pm

When another manager comes in he will want to gut this squad at least as much as manu. Giving new contracts like Giroud's puts us in a bad situation also since there will be no-resale. Nobody will want to pay his wages or even a transfer fee. Unfortunately we have more players in similar situations.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:25 pm

Raptors Laughing
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:29 pm

Would still like to throw this idea in the mix that it's a month or so into the season and our best players have still been getting back to their best form after a World Cup summer.

There are plenty of talking points and it goes far beyond the World Cup reason but I think talking about whether Wenger is the right man to continue to lead is so far gone and pointless in September that this thread should only really be an annual thing.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:49 am

Wengers should leave on high note so I still prefer if/when that happens, it will be after we winning some trophy. Sacking the man is pretty much impossible whether portion of the fans want it or not.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:06 am

Twoism wrote:Wengers should leave on high note so I still prefer if/when that happens, it will be after we winning some trophy. Sacking the man is pretty much impossible whether portion of the fans want it or not.

He does the same mistakes all the time and very stubborn, there is no pressure or exception from Arsenal on Wenger. He is the boss and no one interferes with him and he is too comfortable. No need to fire him but there should be pressure from above to get results.  

Wenger is very poor tactically and will not adapt, how many piss poor games we had last year and this year already and the man still never learns.

Has anyone noticed Steve Bould just following him like a puppy without giving any sound advice?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:09 am

Tha
Raptorgunner wrote:
Twoism wrote:Wengers should leave on high note so I still prefer if/when that happens, it will be after we winning some trophy. Sacking the man is pretty much impossible whether portion of the fans want it or not.

There is no pressure or exception on Wenger, he is the boss and no one interferes with him and he is too comfortable. No need to fire him but there should be pressure from above to get results.

Wenger is very poor tactically and will not adapt, how many piss poor games we had last year and this year already and the man still never learns.

Han anyone noticed Steve Bould just following him like a puppy without giving any sound advice?

That what I means there is no one has enough balls to fire or pressure him when result goes bad beyond repair.

That's role of his right hand man, we're so excited when Bould replaced Pats but not much change. We don't exactly know for sure what his assistant job but so far it doesn't seem like much.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:18 am

I agree Twosim.

Wenger is making Arsenal depressing to watch. Prove me wrong but we are worse than we were 5 years ago. Their is no leadership quality in this team and no communication.
Imo Wenger is fast becoming the problem rather than solution Arsenal need. I respect him for his past achievements. Nobody can take this away from him. I seriously think he wants what’s best for arsenal but unfortunately, I think he’s simply not at the top of his game any more.

Either change or Leave Arsenal, we cant get any worse than we are, we are one of the richest clubs in the world and huge fan base.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:36 am

We can get worse than we are, that's the thing.

We have performing at roughly our expected level over the past few seasons.

It's OK to want more, but no one has given me any compelling evidence to suggest anyone who we can bring in to do a better job.

It's all well and good to say "Arsene could do more, therefore sack him". But what is your alternative that doesn't carry a higher chance of missing CL football for a few years than it does of improvement?

I do agree that its not likely we will take a tumble like Man Utd did, as I agree that Wenger has invested properly into the future of the squad, unlike SAF.

I am obviously very much pro-Wenger.. but I do agree that he makes a lot of questionable decisions, and many of the tougher ones simply are not falling his way. Some I don't see any excuses for however,  I really cant understand not signing a CB after Verm, I have to admit that knocked me back a bit. Also persisting with the 4141, when clearly we play better in a 4231.

So although I get it.. I just think that whatever decisions he makes are subject to far too much scrutiny, every decision which doesn't pay off is exaggerated and everything that doesn't go our way gets blamed on him. Not to mention, as MJ said, we are only in week 7. The form will improve, Wenger out starting this early in the season after dropping a few points is the definition of a knee-jerk reaction.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:06 am

It's pointless to discuss this as it's not going to happen, Wenger will be here for 3 more years.

The time for him to leave was after last season ended. We had just won the FA Cup, Sagna was the only significant player who left, a young squad, a strong backline from last season and £100m to spend for the new manager.

However the lack of suitable options kinda forced a new contract for Wenger (although it never was a question for our board), our best option was van Gaal and you can see how well he's started his Man Utd career despite spending almost £200m on new players.

All we can do is hope Wenger gets his shit together and soon.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:17 pm

I would actually question our form improving. I do not think this is a new thing it is more of a continuation of what has been happening over the last few years. Before the FA cup win that papered over the cracks of last year collapsing. When the serious discussions of Wenger deserving a new contract started. When we were fighting against all the other top clubs and them replacing managers. I think that last year should have been our year to win the EPL. Instead it ended up being a continuation of our inability to score that started with rvp leaving and continues to this day. AS far as another manager coming in. I for one do not see this as a new problem. we experienced the same thing last year. Also I think that any manager coming in will have about the same amount of issues with Arsenal and everyone saw with manu. Although manu was packed full of aging players that seemed to loose it all at once. Arsenal has the most unbalanced team in the league. We are short defensive players and lack defensive mid. We have way too many b2b and AMs. Short on proper wingers and no prolific striker. Since Wenger can not find a way to get the best out of what we have, I just do not see anyone being able to. I know some here have faith in Giroud I actually do not, I see him as being one dimensional. Burdening the club with contracts similar to Bendy and all the others that sat on the bench until their contracts ended will end up being a detriment to the club and a needless use of resources.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:33 am

To liken Giroud to Bendy is doing him a serious disservice. What is this? Giroud is by no means a flop. He's been a good signing.

I think we're a spoilt bunch tbh.. There are plenty of sides who would be happy with CL football every year. The EPL is ridiculously competitive. Winning the title is not easy, particularly when your budget is so much lower than our competition.

Only in the last year and a half have we now got the financial strength to match our competitors.. In that year and a half we have won an FA cup and looked like challengers for the title for the most part of the season.

Give it some time ffs.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:58 am

If Giroud was put on the market who do you think would come in for him? Barca? Bayern? United? No. Tottenham, Newcastle, Southampton etc. Enough said. We are above this, Giroud would not be a first choice cf at any top club.

''We're a spoilt bunch''

2 cups in 10 seasons now we're spoiled? Laughing Our fans pay the highest ticket prices in the world and get mediocrity in return, our fans get the lowest value for money in Europe and you say they're spoiled Laughing

''There are plenty of sides who would be happy with CL football every year.''

All beneath our stature.

You're lack of ambition is killing this football club. 4th place purgatory is not befitting A.F.C.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:46 pm

Juventus, Atletico Madrid and Valencia all registered interest in Giroud at one point or another.

Not Real Madrid or Barcelona, mind you, because that's not convenient to your argument but fine teams and the former two are top ones imo.

I don't think he said that we are deserving of CL football and only that, I think that with the budget we've had available (definitely over the past year, more hazy on what we had in the preceding ones) we should be challenging for every title, every year. But it is an achievement to have been in the competition for nearly two decades straight.

These next three years are Wenger's most important ones imo, I don't think it's fair to compare the 9 years to the ones preceding or ones to come based on the financial context.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:04 pm

Wenger has lowered the hopes of Arsenal fans up to the extend, now Giroud has become a big name for Arsenal.

Our only hope is Danny Welbeck becomes a WC striker, there is no hope in Giroud. The good news is the Wenger nightmare will end sooner than later.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Giroud is Arsenal's very own Andy Carroll. He lacks pace, vision and movement. Not sure he could even take Artetta in a race. As far as anyone who may or may not have registered interest in him. If a small percentage of the people that Arsenal have supposedly registered interest in (aka rumors) were actually here we might have a world class team competing for the top honors. Bendy actually even got to Juventus before they realized that not only was he a head case but there was no way that his abilities matched is wage demands and transfer fee. Saddest part is that if he could eventually get his head fixed he probably would be better that Giroud. Raw talent he is above Giroud just crazy.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 16 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next