The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

+35
Raptorgunner
Vibe
Luca
Myesyats
Kaladin
elitedam
Katy Perry
mr-r34
McLewis
MJ
Gil
MaraVilla
Arsenalfaithfull
fatman123
Freeza
Bellabong
adnyana179
Collblanc
LeSwagg James
Rebaño Sagrado
Firenze
Thimmy
LeVersacci
Mamad
Ali
dmize
EarlyPrototype
Yeezus
RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
guest7
izzy
The Franchise
El Gunner
M99
39 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by LeVersacci Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:06 pm

Omg your sig Swanhends rofl

LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Posts : 13326
Join date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by Swanhends Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:11 pm

@LeVersacci wrote:Omg your sig Swanhends rofl

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Fax-Machine-300x169
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8451
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by dmize Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:02 am

@LeSwagg James wrote:
@dmize wrote:I was unaware Banks went anywhere hmm . His last 3 projects have all been dope. Can't wait for CC3.


one of the best lines imo
"im on the block indebted
from where they dont play fair
pull arms out like Olynyk"


This is his first solo work in over 2 years Laughing



It's been exactly 2 years, and before that it was 2 years as well(v6 was leftovers). That's not long at all, I can think of a few other rappers off top like Game who hadn't dropped a solo project in two years before Doc 2. Anyways this is pointless but that's always been Banks MO, he's relatively lazy.





dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:31 am

@dmize wrote:
@LeSwagg James wrote:
@dmize wrote:I was unaware Banks went anywhere hmm . His last 3 projects have all been dope. Can't wait for CC3.


one of the best lines imo
"im on the block indebted
from where they dont play fair
pull arms out like Olynyk"


This is his first solo work in over 2 years Laughing



It's been exactly 2 years, and before that it was 2 years as well(v6 was leftovers). That's not long at all, I can think of a few other rappers off top like Game who hadn't dropped a solo project in two years before Doc 2. Anyways this is pointless but that's always been Banks MO, he's relatively lazy.







My favourite of that project. Thumbs up
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:40 am

First of all, let me say this: Eminem :bow: :bow: :bow:

Listened to and enjoyed Marshall Mathers LP a while ago and thought it was ridiculously go, and just listened to The Eminem Show. Personally rate him right next to Kendrick as my favorites. Shame I don't care for anything past Curtain Call.

Interesting that Kid Cudi has come up in convo, one of the local theatres just got him for a show about a month from now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao
Posts : 20086
Join date : 2011-06-17
Age : 25

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:11 am

Interesting that Kid Cudi has come up in convo, one of the local theatres just got him for a show about a month from now.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19608
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:52 am

Hope this is actually a new track and not just un unreleased one.

EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by LeVersacci Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:08 pm

Eminem fell off years ago. So many trash albums but still top 5 rapper.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13326
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:31 pm

Not sure who else here is big on ATL but Metro Thuggin is dead in the water, they're both at eachothers throats over some subliminals...at this point I'm just hoping neither of them gets killed or ends up in prison over this Sad
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8451
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by El Gunner Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:40 pm

What?
Just a few tweets here and there. Nobody's getting killed pls.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19608
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:15 pm

@El Gunner wrote:What?
Just a few tweets here and there. Nobody's getting killed pls.


Ehh, this isn't PG-rated stuff like Drake vs Meek. It may not be Chicago but the ATL scene isn't a joke: an extremely competitive market, lots of hypersensitivity to being disrespected, lots of "dont talk about it be about it" pressure, everyone is heavily armed, and also the small fact that Thugger might very well be an actual crazy person.

Obviously everyone is hoping this all comes to nothing but talk, but to dismiss the potential for danger outright seems a little naive to me in this particular situation. I'm a big fan of both so I'm nervous/uncomfortable to say the least

In any case: RIP Metro Thuggin, we hardly knew you Sad

Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8451
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Like his "beef" with The Game?
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:41 pm

@EarlyPrototype wrote:Like his "beef" with The Game?


Two pretty important distinctions there though: first is that Game & Thug live on opposite sides of the country, second is that Game sent that apology facetime...all the verbal shots after that just makes him look more wack so there isn't really any reputational threat to Thugger from him anymore (that's my take on it at least)

Metro-Thug is different cause they're both out of the same city so threats to their reputations carry a lot more weight, and also they're just physically more likely to run into eachother...and as I mentioned since everyone is armed that brings with it a much bigger risk of something bad happening

I'm hoping that the saving grace will be that they both collaborate with many of the same people/groups (Gucci, Migos, Longway, Zaytoven, London, etc. etc.) who have will an interest in preventing serious escalations

I'm sure all of this can probably be blamed on Birdman somehow because he is human garbage, so I am proactively doing that
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8451
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:06 pm

@Swanhends wrote:
@EarlyPrototype wrote:Like his "beef" with The Game?


Two pretty important distinctions there though: first is that Game & Thug live on opposite sides of the country, second is that Game sent that apology facetime...all the verbal shots after that just makes him look more wack so there isn't really any reputational threat to Thugger from him anymore (that's my take on it at least)

Metro-Thug is different cause they're both out of the same city so threats to their reputations carry a lot more weight, and also they're just physically more likely to run into eachother...and as I mentioned since everyone is armed that brings with it a much bigger risk of something bad happening

I'm hoping that the saving grace will be that they both collaborate with many of the same people/groups (Gucci, Migos, Longway, Zaytoven, London, etc. etc.) who have will an interest in preventing serious escalations

I'm sure all of this can probably be blamed on Birdman somehow because he is human garbage, so I am proactively doing that


If anything does happen it will be from someone other than Young Thug. Honestly, there isn't anything that can convince me he would go as far as killing a person. Aint no real beef in Hip-Hop nowadays g.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by Swanhends Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:45 pm

@EarlyPrototype wrote:If anything does happen it will be from someone other than Young Thug. Honestly, there isn't anything that can convince me he would go as far as killing a person. Aint no real beef in Hip-Hop nowadays g.


Couple things on this:

1) The first sentence is likely true, but I'm not sure that it's absolutely true. I of course agree that it's more likely that someone affiliated with, rather than the man himself, would be doing any type of serious shit, but:

2) Re: the second sentence, I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything nor I do not have the slightest idea whether he would ever go that far or not. He is certainly volatile enough and unpredictable enough for me personally to be a little nervous, but I don't really have any reason or incentive to argue with people over whether they agree about that

3) "Aint no real beef in hip hop nowadays"

What is nowadays? Last 5 years? Last 10? Didn't Migos van/bus or whatever get shot up like last year or two years ago? In Chicago 300 popped that Jojo dude in a driveby like hours after he posted a video pranking them and that couldn't have been before 2012 or 2013. Hell, Gucci-Jeezy was only 10 years ago and Gucci literally killed one dude himself and almost certainly ordered the death of another...and I'm not even someone who follows rap outside of the music itself all that closely tbh

This is why I said this isn't PG-stuff like Drake-Meek. Those two have reached a level of fame where the likelihood of being caught up in some street violence is almost preposterously low...can we say the same for Young Thug or Metro Boomin? Maybe, but I personally am not so sure


Edit: there is peace throughout the land

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 5k0upz

Smile
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8451
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by EarlyPrototype Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:42 pm

I was certain nothing was gonna happen. I can't really take Young Thug seriously.

Last 5 years of course. Hip-Hop 10 years ago was different. Chicago is a crazy ass town. I'm talking all this mainstream "beef" lol.

Was literally gonna just post "watch them kiss and make-up". And that's what happened.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:22 am

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Bsl_T3ZCYAICPX9
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8451
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:43 pm

@Swanhends wrote:
@El Gunner wrote:What?
Just a few tweets here and there. Nobody's getting killed pls.


Ehh, this isn't PG-rated stuff like Drake vs Meek. It may not be Chicago but the ATL scene isn't a joke: an extremely competitive market, lots of hypersensitivity to being disrespected, lots of "dont talk about it be about it" pressure, everyone is heavily armed, and also the small fact that Thugger might very well be an actual crazy person.

Obviously everyone is hoping this all comes to nothing but talk, but to dismiss the potential for danger outright seems a little naive to me in this particular situation. I'm a big fan of both so I'm nervous/uncomfortable to say the least

In any case: RIP Metro Thuggin, we hardly knew you Sad



Are you really a Young Thug fan or are you just trolling? hmm
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by Swanhends Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:38 pm

I am a huge young thug fan
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 8451
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by LeSwagg James Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:41 pm

@Swanhends wrote:I am a huge young thug fan


Interesting...
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 6587
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by El Gunner Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:55 am

Can't get enough of From Adam atm, probably number one on my playlist for the past week.
Anyone know though why the song is titled..well, From Adam. RapGenius gives nothing on that, and there's also not anything in the lyrics which indicates why it is named that hmm

Btw now that I have properly listened to The Documentary double disk, I can confirm that it is top 3 of the year along with ALLA and TPAB.

Everything on it is dope, from the production to the hooks by Drake, Kanye, Will.i.am and Wayne. Game's flow has never been better. Even the skits were fun Laughing Love the TLC song in the background on Sex Skit.
Talking about skits, good skits can make albums really fun and entertaining, who in history have done the best ones for you? The Steve Berman one on MMLP will always be my GOAT.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 19608
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 24

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by LeVersacci Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:17 am

Haven't listened since release. The name dropping is too much lol. Got a few songs saved on my spotify playlist.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13326
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 29

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by M99 Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:24 am

Why do I like this song so much

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 30040
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by dmize Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:25 am

@M99 wrote:Why do I like this song so much



First time I didn't really like it, heard it a few times since and it's kinda dope. He can't really rap though
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by dmize Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:32 am

Almost through Freddie Gibbs - Shadow of a Doubt, really good so far
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 6650
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:59 pm

Enjoying Freddie's album more than anything in 2015 so far. Careless, 10 times, Forever and a day, *bleep* up the count,....
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 7700
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

The Offical Rap Thread Part 3 - Page 38 Empty Re: The Offical Rap Thread Part 3

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum