Chat is Bad

+30
VanDeezNuts
cyberman
Motogp69
RedOranje
guest7
CBarca
Busby Babe
vivabarca38
Firenze
Forza
Art Morte
Kick
RealGunner
The Franchise
Pedram
Gil
Ganso
Adit
BarrileteCosmico
Onyx
DeletedUser#1
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
Vibe
rwo power
M99
Arquitecto
S
Casciavit
Mamad
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by The Franchise Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:58 pm

Daily chat update:

Today, only on chat.............


We discussed black films from the 90's meanwhile debating which of McAgger's parents locking him outside in the Russian winter or Catracho's parents semi auto birthday gift was worse parenting.

I think its safe to say threads should be made of such crucial events before the forum goes into complete disarray.

The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Posts : 19449
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:00 am

Need a thread in the General section featuring MT's philosophical views on the sun being both hot and cold.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 80

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by guest7 Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:02 pm

Why are you so goddamn ignorant to any opinion that is not yours The Franchise?

The forum has reached a point to where the forum is seperated (those who strictly use the forum for chat, and those who use it for forum discussion or both). Would removing the chat also increase the amount of trolling/bad posts? Yes, but it would also increase forum activity, and I believe with forum activity we will eventually also increase the amount of discussions.

The "madrid fans left"-excuse doesn't cut it because they're still active in the General Section, they're just avoiding the Madrid section (which is dead because of bad moderating more than anything, mods need to be harsher in that section to improve the quality of discussions imo)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by M99 Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:17 pm

Se7en wrote:Why are you so goddamn ignorant to any opinion that is not yours The Franchise?

The forum has reached a point to where the forum is seperated (those who strictly use the forum for chat, and those who use it for forum discussion or both). Would removing the chat also increase the amount of trolling/bad posts? Yes, but it would also increase forum activity, and I believe with forum activity we will eventually also increase the amount of discussions.

The "madrid fans left"-excuse doesn't cut it because they're still active in the General Section, they're just avoiding the Madrid section (which is dead because of bad moderating more than anything, mods need to be harsher in that section to improve the quality of discussions imo)

I really don't see your point now. How is chat ruining your section? The only Madrid fan on chat now is MT and he is probably your most active poster. Both Madrid and Milan sections are going through a bad patch now, but it's not the chat's fault. You can see the Arsenal section thriving. The problem lies elsewhere.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 29855
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by Casciavit Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:19 pm

Maybe if one of your posters didn't create his own forum for your section you would see more activity?

Just a thought.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 8095
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by RedOranje Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:23 pm

Hi.

My name is RedOranje. I'm an Admin for this forum.

I've been abroad for uni all semester. I've been traveling constantly in crappy hotels for 2 weeks. I've spent the last 50 hours in either an airport or an aircraft. I'm tired, unshaven, unshowered, and very grumpy.

But I'm back now.

So what's all this then?
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:36 pm

@RedOranje wrote:Hi.

My name is RedOranje.  I'm an Admin for this forum.  

I've been abroad for uni all semester.  I've been traveling constantly in crappy hotels for 2 weeks.  I've spent the last 50 hours in either an airport or an aircraft.  I'm tired, unshaven, unshowered, and very grumpy.  

But I'm back now.

So what's all this then?

They been bullying me Sad

pls ban someone
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88555
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by The Franchise Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:54 pm

Se7en wrote:Why are you so goddamn ignorant to any opinion that is not yours The Franchise?

The forum has reached a point to where the forum is seperated (those who strictly use the forum for chat, and those who use it for forum discussion or both). Would removing the chat also increase the amount of trolling/bad posts? Yes, but it would also increase forum activity, and I believe with forum activity we will eventually also increase the amount of discussions.

The "madrid fans left"-excuse doesn't cut it because they're still active in the General Section, they're just avoiding the Madrid section (which is dead because of bad moderating more than anything, mods need to be harsher in that section to improve the quality of discussions imo)

Nah, I am however ignorant to opinions which make little to no sense. At no point has anyone arguing about the negative influence of chat has made any sense.

Your claiming false facts about the forum being seperated, that is your odd perception perhaps, but not a reality. Who posts on the chat but not the forum?

Madrid section "quality" disucssions? Laughing You guys never had that to begin with.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 19449
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:57 pm

Today in the chat: Mt playing the last of us, rg wanting to be captain of something while screaming about it and whether Scandinavian girls need to shave.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 26894
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 31

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by guest7 Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:01 pm

The "madrid section is dead" is a seperate argument. I was mostly responding to RGs response in another thread

@RealGunner wrote:
Se7en wrote:the problem is also that friggin chat

it ruined the whole forum imo, all interesting discussions are kept in the chat instead of being discussed in the forum threads like they should have.

it kinda seems obvious to not use a chat in a forum environment but obviously not to the admins of the site

Chat was there when this section was one of the most active as well.

We all know what happened to this section and the real reason for it to go like this.

My opinion is that the Madrid section is dead because the fans on this forum are avoiding it. But despite that I think the whole forum in general has gotten less active and the chat is the cause for all that inactivity
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 8275
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by RealGunner Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Stats disagree with that. We have had more posts in the last 12 months than ever before. And it's increasing rather than decreasing. If there was a cause of worry then we would be doing something about it.

I have no idea where the notion that forum has gone less active come from. It's not true. A lot of people just like to stay in their club sections. See the Arsenal, barca, Chelsea, Liverpool, Milan and juve section. And of course the Hub.

Like i said before. Chat has been on for 2 years. It was there for 6 months when the Madrid shit didn't happen and there were no complaints then either.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 88555
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by Motogp69 Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:01 pm

I would say that chat kills thread posting while chat is available, but it provides material going into the week.

Personally, I find chat quite enjoyable as it helps provide me context into the other posters on the forum. While there are the obvious chat failings such as being sarcastic and often juvenile (though I can't say I don't enjoy it as it's often funny), for the most part it's a great place to build relationships in the forum going forward.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma
Posts : 3365
Join date : 2012-05-02
Age : 40

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Instead of complaining about it, be proactive and get the ball rolling. Create better threads which might lead to actual discussion and/or debates. As Motogp said, chat only has a negative impact on posting while it's up and I'd argue that it gives this forum yet another unique attribute. I personally enjoy jumping on chat here and there - it gives me an opportunity to talk with posters without having to refresh my browser like a mad man waiting for responses.

P.S. Chat killed the hub!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by cyberman Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:34 pm

chats the only place i dont get banned or infracted for obvious joke posts lol.
keep it going i say

cyberman
Banned (Permanent)

Posts : 2011
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:21 am

I saw this point in the thread I brought up in the Madrid section about a completely different matter and didn't really understand the point or how it has any effect..

But looking back, I (like a few others) really enjoyed the match day commentary threads because you are able to trace the progression of the match through posters you know and know how they respond and critique certain players/tactics/formations etc.

I think that's pretty cool, actually.  And though I like chat, at times it is a cluster-*bleep* of multiple matches and fans colliding- especially CL with all the matches on at the same time.

On the other hand I definitely don't think the chat is killing forum activity, the responsibility is on the posters to draw discussion ideas from the match. The only argument that can be made is that it ruins match day commentary threads, which only happen once, sometimes twice a week and are dead within the same day.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel
Posts : 5869
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by the xcx Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:39 pm

Chat never showing up. Im guessing I have received ban from there, but that was almost a year ago.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 7478
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by M99 Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:54 pm

Nah chat is off. Eversince this thread.
M99
M99
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 29855
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 98

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by LeVersacci Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:14 pm

I miss chat
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 13294
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by Casciavit Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:15 pm

#Bringchatback
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan
Posts : 8095
Join date : 2012-08-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by Kick Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:00 pm

Chat was the hero GL deserved, but not the one it needs right now.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 34796
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 28

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by FalcaoPunch Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:41 am

Well that's a joke.
Unless chat hasn't been up for other reasons aside from being "bad" :facepalm:
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 4186
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:53 pm

@Kick wrote:Chat was the hero GL deserved, but not the one it needs right now.


rofl



Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 26891
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 80

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by Yeezus Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:03 pm

pls open chat

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank
Posts : 2238
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Chat is Bad - Page 3 Empty Re: Chat is Bad

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum