Nedved
Abramovich
El Chelsea Fuerte
Shed
Kick
19 posters

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Thread

Post by Kick Mon 16 Dec - 18:21

I remain, as ever, optimistic about Guarin, let's hope he can do well. If not, we have an entire month to buy another CM.

Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Thread

Post by Shed Mon 16 Dec - 18:24

Chelsea set for summer return for Zenit Brazilian star Hulk:
Chelsea could be readying a summer move for long-term target Hulk after the striker reportedly told Zenit St Petersburg he wants to quit the club
http://metro.co.uk/2013/12/16/chelsea-set-for-summer-return-for-zenit-striker-hulk-4232831/

Like clockwork - another transfer window, another shite Hulk story rofl

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon 16 Dec - 18:24

Oh yeah, very possible. In opposites world.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon 16 Dec - 18:26

Oh, look! The welcome to Chelsea video's have begun.

Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon 16 Dec - 18:29

Saw one of those last for Cavani. Never did watch it, portentously :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon 16 Dec - 18:30

Yes Tancredi reported what Di Marzio has said
Di Marzio is   really reliable about transfer market , the only journalist who  I listen , and in fact also this time...
unfortunately for Inter, because for our level was fundamental, Inter needs of Guarin even more than Chelsea...
anyway I think he will be useful to Blues, similar player excel with Mourinho

Last edited by Robespierre on Mon 16 Dec - 18:33; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon 16 Dec - 18:33

Shed wrote:Saw one of those last for Cavani. Never did watch it, portentously :coffee:
I hate them, they are trashy, rushed, tiny highlight videos with poor music.
Robespierre wrote:Yes Tancredi reported what Di Marzio has said
Di Marzio is  reliable, and in fact also this time...
unfortunately for Inter, because for our level was fundamental, Inter needs of Guarin even more than Chelsea...
Exactly what I am hoping.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon 16 Dec - 18:34

The last and only one I ever watched was Hazard's.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon 16 Dec - 18:35

I didn't even what all of the one I just posted. It's not even two minutes long and it's unbearable.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon 16 Dec - 18:37

I generally avoid youtube player highlights altogether.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon 16 Dec - 18:39

I only watch Vs videos as they are more reliable at showing players weaknesses, but nothing beats watching an actual game.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon 16 Dec - 18:50

Kick wrote:
Shed wrote:Saw one of those last for Cavani. Never did watch it, portentously :coffee:
I hate them, they are trashy, rushed, tiny highlight videos with poor music.
Robespierre wrote:Yes Tancredi reported what Di Marzio has said
Di Marzio is  reliable, and in fact also this time...
Exactly what I am hoping.

even Muntari has played well with Mourinho..

Fredy Guarin has ideal characteristics for the Premier League,great physical strength and good speed, he ensures intensity and he never gives up , he has the disadvantage of stubborn and for this he he tends to overdo (and so wrong)

essentially mourinho has to work on his mental aspect , which is the limit of Guarin , the his qualities are not in question
and I consider  Jose Mourinho the best coach in the world about the the mental work on players .....
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon 16 Dec - 18:52

What other info could you give us since many of us know very little about Guarin.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon 16 Dec - 19:15

he is a ductile player ... I mean he can play in many positions ... and I think it is  is one of the reasons why Mourinho likes Guarin
His real role is" inside forward" , on midfield,player who can defend and attack ,  but he has played often as offensive midfielder below forward with Inter ... because he has also a good shot  

as I said he has great physicality , power ,  that is joined to a good speed  and for this mix of qualites he can "break" the defences

his main defect is he  sometimes is not lucid , as if his brain off  , he is "stupid" in some game situations

... as when  he could pass it to a teammate and instead he is so determined to shoot and then misses . or  more simply he  misses the last ball. tending to overdo
not always clear mind.

Mental aspect I repeat, this is his real limit and the only reason because he  he did not become a top player. and Mourinho is the perfect coach for him. if even Mourinho can't .. it means he will remain an unfinished.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon 16 Dec - 19:32

Interesting. Thanks for the overview Robes Thumbs up
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon 16 Dec - 19:38

Much appreciated, Robes!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 17 Dec - 14:06

So papers in both England and Italy claiming a 15m pound fee has been agreed for Guarin. Looks like it is happening.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 17 Dec - 16:54

Time for a post which got me thinking.

Signing Guarin early benefits both us and Inter, we need a CM, they need money, the sooner both get what they want, the better. We all know Guarin isn't likely to set the EPL alight but is a decent transfer. So then I thought about our recent past and what happened when we made early signings.

That last few players we signed early were Schurrle and Marin, both of which signed early on in or before transfer windows and were not the last in their position to sign during that window. With Willian, Hazard and Oscar following them to the club. Now I know Marin was a back up option but it is certainly an interesting thought, signing Guarin this early allows for a few things: allows for us to assess him and sign another CM if we are still unsatisfied and allows us to spend January focusing on other targets.

I'd be inclined to think that he won't be our only signing, otherwise we wouldn't have started negotiating this early and I'd also be inclined to think if we sign another CM, he is likely to be first team quality since I doubt the Chelsea scouts think Guarin is, otherwise we'd have initially offered more.

At the very least, we'll sign a CM early and have a month to buy another should we need one. Hopefully, after this winter, our CM position will be more or less sorted and no longer problematic.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue 17 Dec - 16:57

I wouldn't be surprised to see a very quiet window from us tbh.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 17 Dec - 18:54

First off, Signing a player of Guarin's quality isn't very quiet.

Just signing a teenage youth player is.

secondly, why do you think that?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue 17 Dec - 19:03

Signing 1 player, who himself isn't even definitely first-team quality, when our team has more holes that swiss cheese, is most certainly what I'd call quiet.

As for the last bit - idk, just a hunch. Also to do with the fact that there's not much quality to be had in the winter window.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 17 Dec - 19:28

I have a hunch you're wrong.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue 17 Dec - 19:34

I have a hunch your hunch on my hunch is wrong :coffee:
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 17 Dec - 19:38

I honestly believe what I said before, if we're doing our first deal this early, there will be more to come.

Also, we never heard anything bad about Matic after the talks with Chelsea. Won't be surprised if we get him too.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue 17 Dec - 19:41

You're assuming we're going to sign him early. In reality, we don't have a clue.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Tue 17 Dec - 19:46

If the fee is agreed upon already like what is reported, it will only take a few days to do a medical and agree to personal terms. No reason for it not to be tbh.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 19 ... 31  Next