The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum...

+12
Amar
futbol
McAgger
Gil
The Franchise
Hawky
free_cat
Casciavit
M99
jibers
Kick
Clockwork Orange
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Empty The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum...

Post by Clockwork Orange Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:59 pm

As most astute football fans are aware of, since the death of Rinus Michels, our football has been split into 2 sides, Cruijffism and van Gaalism. Though this men differ they are still different sides of the same coin in terms of their philosophy. The great Cruijff, as Dennis Bergkamp said, loved technical players and believed that each player should be able to create solutions with problems and should not be afraid to make mistakes, while van Gaal was a believer in strict drills and following a system, he also beleubed no player was greater than the system. It has been the biggest divide in Dutch football, who do we follow? van Gaal was the last manager to take Dutch football to the pinnacle of football, but Senior Cruijff's philsophy ois what has made Barcelona so great. I stayed up at night sometimes, frustrated, sometimes even crying trying to come up with a solution that could balance out Dutch football, I lost 16 kg doing this because I could not eat.

I had finally reached breaking point, I went outside and stared at the bronze statue of Rinus Michels hoping to get some answers, I then had an epiphany, a system working in perfect harmony with each players individual abilities and taking the level of the team to a whole new level, I felt like I had made a startling discpvery, this is what Newton must have felt like when the apple hit him on the head! Then it dawned on me, I had already seen this, where unique talent was maximised so greatly by the system put in place by a coach, that each individuals level was doubled. I am talking about the team that scored 6 goals at the Santiago Bernebeu, I am talking about the team that gave the anti football incarnate himself, Jose Mourinho the greatest defeat in his career, I am talking about a team whose philosophy, and by extension, Dutch philosophy won the world cup through Spanish national side, I am talking about the team that went to the spiritual home of football in Wembley and showed just how far behind English football is behind, yes, I am talking about FC Barcelona. I then realised that a lot of the things I went through, Guardiola had already been through them, the weight loss, the sleepless nights, the loss of hair, the rapid aging and the deterioration of both his physical and mental health. Was Guardiola also in the process of Uniting van Gaalism and Cruijffism? He was after all a disciple of both of them. Is this what made him take a year long break from football? Is Bayern his way of finally putting his theory to the test?

I feel that there was an ultimate convergence at at the 2011 champions league final before Lionel Messi took over the system. This is where Barcelona started to fail. Guardiola has another chance with Bayern, a second chance not many get in life. I for one am looking forward to the unison between van Gaalism and Cruijffism. If it is perfected, it would be a bigger achievement than anything, perhaps just dwarfed by the possible unification of general relativity and quantum mechanics. Thank you

Different sides of the same coin

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Cruyff_van_gaal

Guardiola when he first joined Barcelona

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Pep%20Guardiola

Guardiola in 2010

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Pep-Guardiola

Guardiola in 2011

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Guardiola_signs_contract_extension

Guardiola when he left

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Article-2237575-0F34329900000578-261_468x286

First team that attempted to unify both theories

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Fcbarcelona-28-de-mayo-2011-wembley

Is the solution almost here? Guardiola's second chance

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... 222

Last edited by Clockwork Orange on Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:46 am; edited 7 times in total
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Empty Re: The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum...

Post by Kick Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:03 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:As most astute football fans are aware of, since the death of Rinus Michels, our football has been split into 2 sides, Cruijffism and van Gaalism. Though this men differ they are still different sides of the same coin in terms of their philosophy. The great Cruijff, as Dennis Bergkamp said, loved technical players and believed that each player should be able to create solutions with problems and should not be afraid to make mistakes, while van Gaal was a believer in strict drills and following a system, he also beleubed no player was greater than the system. It has been the biggest divide in Dutch football, who do we follow? van Gaal was the last manager to take Dutch football to the pinnacle of football, but Senior Cruijff's philsophy ois what has made Barcelona so great. I stayed up at night sometimes, frustrated, sometimes even crying trying to come up with a solution that could balance out Dutch football, I lost 16 kg doing this because I could not eat.

I had finally reached breaking point, I went outside and stared at the bronze statue of Rinus Michels hoping to get some answers, I then had an epiphany, a system working in perfect harmony with each players individual abilities and taking the level of the team to a whole new level, I felt like I had made a startling discpvery, this is what Einstein must have felt like the apple hit him on the head! Then it dawned on me, I had already seen this, where unique talent was maximised so greatly by the system put in place by a coach, that each individuals level was doubled. I am talking about the team that scored 6 goals at the Santiago Bernebeu, I am talking about the team that gave the anti football incarnate himself, Jose Mourinho the greatest defeat in his career, I am talking about a team whose philosophy, and by extension, Dutch philosophy won the world cup through Spanish national side, I am talking about the team that went to the spiritual home of football in Wembley and showed just how far behind English football is behind, yes, I am talking about FC Barcelona. I then realised that a lot of the things I went through, Guardiola had already been through them, the weight loss, the sleepless nights, the loss of hair, the rapid aging. Was Guardiola also in the process of Uniting van Gaalism and Cruijffism? He was after all a disciple of both of them. Is this what made him take a year long break from football? Is Bayern his way of finally putting his theory to the test?

I feel that there was an ultimate convergence at at the 2011 champions league final before Lionel Messi took over the system. This is where Barcelona started to fail. Guardiola has another chance with Bayern, a second chance not many get in life. I for one am looking forward to the unison between van Gaalism and Cruijffism. If it is perfected, it would be a bigger achievement than anything, perhaps just dwarfed by the possible unification of general relativity and quantum mechanics. Thank you
rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Empty Re: The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum...

Post by jibers Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:09 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:As most astute football fans are aware of, since the death of Rinus Michels, our football has been split into 2 sides, Cruijffism and van Gaalism. Though this men differ they are still different sides of the same coin in terms of their philosophy. The great Cruijff, as Dennis Bergkamp said, loved technical players and believed that each player should be able to create solutions with problems and should not be afraid to make mistakes, while van Gaal was a believer in strict drills and following a system, he also beleubed no player was greater than the system. It has been the biggest divide in Dutch football, who do we follow? van Gaal was the last manager to take Dutch football to the pinnacle of football, but Senior Cruijff's philsophy ois what has made Barcelona so great. I stayed up at night sometimes, frustrated, sometimes even crying trying to come up with a solution that could balance out Dutch football, I lost 16 kg doing this because I could not eat.

I had finally reached breaking point, I went outside and stared at the bronze statue of Rinus Michels hoping to get some answers, I then had an epiphany, a system working in perfect harmony with each players individual abilities and taking the level of the team to a whole new level, I felt like I had made a startling discpvery, this is what Newton must have felt like when the apple hit him on the head! Then it dawned on me, I had already seen this, where unique talent was maximised so greatly by the system put in place by a coach, that each individuals level was doubled. I am talking about the team that scored 6 goals at the Santiago Bernebeu, I am talking about the team that gave the anti football incarnate himself, Jose Mourinho the greatest defeat in his career, I am talking about a team whose philosophy, and by extension, Dutch philosophy won the world cup through Spanish national side, I am talking about the team that went to the spiritual home of football in Wembley and showed just how far behind English football is behind, yes, I am talking about FC Barcelona. I then realised that a lot of the things I went through, Guardiola had already been through them, the weight loss, the sleepless nights, the loss of hair, the rapid aging. Was Guardiola also in the process of Uniting van Gaalism and Cruijffism? He was after all a disciple of both of them. Is this what made him take a year long break from football? Is Bayern his way of finally putting his theory to the test?

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Judge-judy-laptop-gif

Last edited by jibers on Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:55 pm

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Jerry-omg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:07 am

rofl

CO The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Exct0006_20304
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:27 am

Best poster ever.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:31 am

This genuinely made my day Very Happy .
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:24 am

Dude, I just came across this article on whoscored:

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/c8-iteclvkemlnbost07qg/Show/Team-Focus-Explaining-Ajaxs-Style-Under-De-Boer

Did you read it before posting? What do you think, is De Boer's ajax also solving the enigma?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:08 am

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Tumblr_lcfdhj1j9A1qzjix8
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:51 am

Jibers/Clockwork you should seriously contemplate becoming a writer. Normally I'd post 'tldr' but I was actually fully engaged reading this post till to the very last word. Molenation

Last edited by Gil on Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:55 am

Gil wrote:Jibers/Clockwork you should seriously contemplate becoming a writer. Normally I'd post tldr but I was actually engaged reading this post, to the very last word. Molenation
:facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:48 am

I bow to you good sir :bow:

Made my day this thread Proud
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:02 am

My dear Clockwork Orange,

let me first tell you how much I enjoyed your disquisition on this very important subject. I will make no secret of it, when I first read about your Newtonian analogy, I had to squeal like a suckling pig before it gets slaughtered, that's how much it filled my heart with joy. I too have lost all my hair brainstorming about this very subject every night but what are a few ounces of hair compared to an issue that is plaguing manking for so many years now like war, starvation, racism, overpopulation and Rihanna?

During my very own studies about uniting van Gaalism and Cruyffism I've come across the need to experiment and not just theorize, just like the great Galileo Galilei and his experiments about the free fall of objects. So I went on and built the Large Dutch Collider. Similar to the Large Hadron Collider it is used to let particles collide and see what happens afterwards. Here you can see me experimenting under optimal conditions (scattering Dutch and Spanish particles, isolated in a WC final - very unique setup):

The Solution to Ducth football's biggest conundrum... Spains_20Alonso_20gets_20a_20boot_20in_20his_20chest_20by_20Netherl__16968295__MBQF-1278875367,templateId%3DrenderScaled,property%3DBild,height%3D170

And after long evaluations I have to say that I came to the same conclusion as you. Since Messi started to grow around 2011, Barcelona as a collective started to deviate from their old successful trajectory. And I think my Large Dutch Collidor experimental results also tell me why. It seems to be a very normal effect in fact. Like an atom with a very heavy nucleus - and who could be a bigger nucleus than Messi with 10 others revolving around him? - it becomes harder to change its momentum and thus the overall trajectory than when a lightweight nucleus is involved - like at Bayern. The conclusion is very simple: van Gaaffism is only possible with lightweigt nuclei. I think there is no need to worry though in terms of Barcelona because Barcelona now have gotten the lightestweight nucleus possible to replace the ever growing Messi: Nerman Jr. Of course splitting the atom to remove the old nucleus will be a tough process because the old nucleus will naturaly want to stay where it is, even when injured. But as recent events proof, Barcelona is on a good way.

Sincerely yours,

Prof. Dr. rer. nat. futbol

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:03 am

This is gold :bow:
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:30 am

jibers wrote:
Gil wrote:Jibers/Clockwork you should seriously contemplate becoming a writer. Normally I'd post tldr but I was actually engaged reading this post, to the very last word. Molenation
Prove you're not Clockwork :coffee:
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:34 am

Bénin wrote:
jibers wrote:
I'm still posting here :facepalm: Laughing
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:49 am

jibers wrote:
Bénin wrote:
jibers wrote::facepalm:
I'm still posting here :facepalm:Laughing
I've never seen you posted right after Clockwork did :coffee:

Don't be ashame to be CO ... your writing is amazing

Spoiler:
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:50 am

All I took from that was, if you want to lose weight you should follow dutch football.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:53 am

Tomwin Lannister wrote:All I took from that was, if you want to lose weight you should follow dutch football.
Dat intermittent cruyffian diet Proud
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:55 am

He always was a system dieter Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:15 am

I miss you CO. Crying or Very sad
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:35 pm

Great work there from huntsjibes oranje
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:51 am

Update:

It looks like the dream of seeing the two famed schools combined into one philosophy is nothing but a lucid dream. Each season, Pep Guardiola has shifted his spectrum closer to Van Gaalism, and last season's shameful defeat to the anti football of Real Madrid confirmed this further. Josep Guardiola has chosen his path. I hope this does not come back to bite him.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:18 pm

No Pep No No
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed May 12, 2021 7:39 pm

Betty's Ghana post had me trying to find this. This really is the greatest GL post ever. If we are bringing back banned members, CO needs to be on top of the list.

Gone but never forgetten. Salute. Molenation
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next