donttreadonred
Chumlum
RealGunner
RedOranje
Art Morte
92 posters

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V3 - Page 28 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V3

Post by Sri Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Soton, Sunderaland, Everton and Newcastle are all capable of pulling off 'shock' results hmm

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V3 - Page 28 Empty Re: Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V3

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:54 pm

even West Ham, i mean a draw Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:02 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:even West Ham, i mean a draw Laughing
You play at home.. This looks like a counterjinxing tactic to me Suspect

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:40 pm

Jay, I can actually see some shocks this weekend. I think Soton will take something off of City at home. They were terribly unlucky not to get something last game.

Newcastle might just get a point at Old Trafford you never know. United are definitely not the team they used to be.

And I definitely think Stoke will hold Chelsea from scoring.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:49 pm

Man Yoo are going to be without Kagawa, Carrick, Van Persie and Rooney..... if we don't get anything we want shooting.

BTW Pardew and Krul named player and manager of the month.

Pardew I get because only team in November to win every game but Krul wasn't even our best player Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Stoke should be our easiest win of the season. Very poor side.

Arsenal, City and United are all in danger of dropping points though.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:50 pm

Welbeck-Chicarito upfront Laughing

You best win this
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:51 pm

Saturday
Man Utd 1-1 Newcastle
Palace 2-1 Cardiff
Liverpool 4-0 West Ham
Southampton 1-0 City
Stoke 0-3 Chelsea
West Brom 2-0 Norwich
Sunderland 2-1 Spurs

Sunday
Fulham 1-3 Villa
Arsenal 1-1 Everton

Monday
Swansea 3-0 Hull
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Man Yoo are going to be without Kagawa, Carrick, Van Persie and Rooney..... if we don't get anything we want shooting.

Pardew I get because only team in November to win every game but Krul wasn't even our best player Laughing
seriously think that Newcastle's ambition should be to get whatever possible OR even three points there because the same fixture when they play at home, they wont have such an opportunity Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Man Yoo are going to be without Kagawa, Carrick, Van Persie and Rooney..... if we don't get anything we want shooting.

That performance against Spurs did it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:01 pm

Peccadillo wrote:
Red Alert wrote:
McAgger wrote:Your 'without Suarez' comment is nonsense. Why do you keep saying that? We are not without Suarez. He is part of the team. Without Rooney, United wouldn't have half of their points. Without Aguero, City wouldn't half of their points. Without Ramsey, etc, etc.

And it's a myth that we haven't played nearly as good as our potential bs. We played amazingly well against Fulham, one of the best performances in a long time. We also played comfortably well against Norwich, Crystal Pulis, Sunderland, West Brom. So what if Suarez and Sturridge were the integral part of us picking up points in those matches. We are build like that ffs. We are built so that we take maximum out of our two star forwards.
City have a system under Pellegrini, Aguero is just in some good form. They have goals from EVERYWHERE in the squad, it's not just him carrying them.
Rooney is carrying United yes, they're considered to be in a crisis, no? Why? No system at OT.  
Arsenal have both the depth AND quality to play around Ramsey. Ramsey is just playing his role IN a system. Difference.  

There's no system in place for us ffs. It's get the ball into SAS feet and let's hope they bail us out.
It's like Spurs from last season. "Kick it to Bale, he'll score." Next season, Bale gets sold. What's happened to Spurs?

We HAD a system set up from last season. One that worked, too. It took 6 months to get the players to adapt to it. Instead to sticking by it, we dumped it, and we haven't exactly "improved". Can you please tell my why?
Just my two cents on the "without Suarez" comment.. I don't think its fair to say you are a one man team. You obviously have a player that stands out from the rest.. But your results prior to Suarez return from his ban really were not that bad and were certainly good enough to challenge top four.

Liverpool 0-1 Southampton
Swansea 2-2 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-0 Man Utd
Aston Villa 0-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-0 Stoke

With the exception of Southampton (which still is not really a MUST win game by McAggers approach).. Solid start.. I do understand you are a significantly stronger side with Suarez, capable of scoring a lot more goals.. I think your being pretty pessimistic, I think most of the country were quietly assured that you  had the potential to challenge for top four this year (also being aware Suarez was still to return) a few games in..

EDIT:
In regards to whats signs there are of improvement from last season for you.. you only need to compare it to your first 5 games of last season;

West Brom 3 – 0 Liverpool
Liverpool 2 – 2 Manchester City
Liverpool 0 – 2 Arsenal
Sunderland 1 – 1 Liverpool
Liverpool 1 – 2 Manchester United

In fact your first half of last season was actually pretty poor, your second half was better but not enough to balance your poor first half where you only managed 22 points.. after 19 games.. You are currently on 27 points from 14...
Liverpool during Suarez's suspension: 10 games, 7 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss, 19 scored, 6 conceded. Not really bad, is it? We were totally dependent on Suarez in the first half of last season, but not anymore. Our approach changed during the second half of last season.. we started grinding out wins. As an Arsenal fan, you should be knowing better..
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:43 pm

M99 wrote:

Yeah i figured as much.

As for the game against Man Yoo if we go there with confidence and organisation we can get something as they can't be too confident at the moment.... won't happen though as Pardew is a coward and will allow them to gain said confidence.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:27 pm

Lex wrote:No-one going to give Arsenal credit for the 'Pool game, then?
You were great, Best of luck for the title. But it shouldn't have been that easy for you on the night.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:45 pm

Newcastle will beat United on Saturday. We are missing RVP, Rooney and Carrick.

I just can't see where our goals are gonna come from.

I think we'll lose. Which is gonna be depressing as per, but this is the sad reality for us this season. We fcked up last summer in the transfer window and now we're paying the price for it.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:47 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
M99 wrote:

Yeah i figured as much.

As for the game against Man Yoo if we go there with confidence and organisation we can get something as they can't be too confident at the moment.... won't happen though as Pardew is a coward and will allow them to gain said confidence.

If they have no fear, they would handle united easily. Score an early goal and it will be lights out for United.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanhends Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:19 pm

RED wrote:Newcastle will beat United on Saturday. We are missing RVP, Rooney and Carrick.

I think we'll lose. Which is gonna be depressing as per, but this is the sad reality for us this season. We fcked up last summer in the transfer window and now we're paying the price for it.
Kagawa-Chicharito/Welbeck connection

make it happen moyes you blundering oaf
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:58 pm

Swanhends wrote:
RED wrote:Newcastle will beat United on Saturday. We are missing RVP, Rooney and Carrick.

Kagawa-Chicharito/Welbeck connection

make it happen moyes you blundering oaf
Quite a few on a United forum saying Kagawa will miss the game through illness.

Shoot me now if he doesn't play tomorrow :facepalm:
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:03 am

I hear Fellaini could start behind Chicha/Welbeck.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:20 am

Peccadillo wrote: Just my two cents on the "without Suarez" comment.. I don't think its fair to say you are a one man team. You obviously have a player that stands out from the rest.. But your results prior to Suarez return from his ban really were not that bad and were certainly good enough to challenge top four.

Liverpool 0-1 Southampton
Swansea 2-2 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-0 Man Utd
Aston Villa 0-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-0 Stoke

With the exception of Southampton (which still is not really a MUST win game by McAggers approach).. Solid start.. I do understand you are a significantly stronger side with Suarez, capable of scoring a lot more goals.. I think your being pretty pessimistic, I think most of the country were quietly assured that you  had the potential to challenge for top four this year (also being aware Suarez was still to return) a few games in..

EDIT:
In regards to whats signs there are of improvement from last season for you.. you only need to compare it to your first 5 games of last season;

West Brom 3 – 0 Liverpool
Liverpool 2 – 2 Manchester City
Liverpool 0 – 2 Arsenal
Sunderland 1 – 1 Liverpool
Liverpool 1 – 2 Manchester United

In fact your first half of last season was actually pretty poor, your second half was better but not enough to balance your poor first half where you only managed 22 points.. after 19 games.. You are currently on 27 points from 14...
ExtremistEnigma wrote:Liverpool during Suarez's suspension: 10 games, 7 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss, 19 scored, 6 conceded. Not really bad, is it? We were totally dependent on Suarez in the first half of last season, but not anymore. Our approach changed during the second half of last season.. we started grinding out wins. As an Arsenal fan, you should be knowing better..
Don't understand the relevance of your last comment.. Yes.. "grinding out results" is important.. as evident in your results in his absence, which I posted.. you were still doing that without him this season too..

I never argued that you aren't a better side with Suarez, I even explicitly said so.. I was just saying this season you have shown you're not scrubs without him and that there is an evident improvement on last season so far in that you are currently on course to finish the first half of the season with about 33-37 points (I figure you should get 6-10 points from your final 5 games of the year). So why anyone would not believe you have improved from last season is beyond me..
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:27 am

urbaNRoots wrote:I hear Fellaini could start behind Chicha/Welbeck.
The stuff of nightmares that. Not in a good way..
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:10 am

Tbf we don't have the most physical of defenses Fellaini could in theory cause us problems in that role, he did at Everton.

I of course rather that than any combination of Roonay, Van Persie and Kagawa though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:17 am

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V3 - Page 28 59135.3

Ah they have won monthly awards of November , I didn't know it. Deserved. Krul legendary performance against Tottenham Laughing

Barclay's Premier League discussion '13-'14 V3 - Page 28 T9j9BvH

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:32 am

RED wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:I hear Fellaini could start behind Chicha/Welbeck.
The stuff of nightmares that. Not in a good way..
And that would be a clear sign of the beginning of the end for United. Fellaini is Moyes' security blanket. Whenever he's needed to achieve a result, he simply pushes Fellaini further forward and hopes that he can bully his way into creating an opportunity. It's been a sign of him not having faith in his personnel or set-up's ability to overcome the opponent. The fact that he's now in charge of United, and he has their considerable resources behind him, doesn't seem to have mattered.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Tbf we don't have the most physical of defenses Fellaini could in theory cause us problems in that role, he did at Everton.

I of course rather that than any combination of Roonay, Van Persie and Kagawa though.
I'm sorry, but I don't buy that Moyes is strategically using Fellaini (a player that has yet to truly settle in at United) as his critical strategic move against a side they really need to beat at home. For Moyes's sake, it had better work. If he does push Fellaini forward and he fails to produce (as he has in nearly every performance for United), the support could get ugly. They will see the move as the last resort of a desperate manager, clutching to his old and worn security blanket when the times get tough.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:32 am

Tim Flowers :bow:

Genuinely think Newcastle win against us tomorrow.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:08 am

I know this doesn't mean anything but you all do realise we haven't won at Old Trafford in over 40 years? Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:13 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I know this doesn't mean anything but you all do realise we haven't won at Old Trafford in over 40 years? Laughing
Everton hadn't done it in something like 21 years...

I'm not saying Newcastle is going to win, merely that United have lost just a little bit of their resilience, or at least their aura of invincibility.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next