Helmer
El Jefe
Art Morte
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Liverpool v West Brom - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool v West Brom

Post by sportsczy Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:05 pm

You can't tell a CB to play outside of his style... it's a recipe for disaster. If that's how Skrtel is effective, then he needs to play like that and the manager is aware of it.

In any case, i noticed from the get-go that you guys sit extremely low on defense... it's not a Skrtel thing imo.

sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:44 am

We play deeper because Rodgers sees the team as a counter-attacking side. This is the same reason Lucas and Gerrard played deeper earlier this season. This isn't on Skrtel, lol.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:20 am

Lucas in interview wrote:“I’ve been reading a lot of about me and when I will be back at my best, but I think my season has been good so far, to be honest,” he told the club’s official website.

“There’s been a change in system and I’ve changed my role a bit. People sometimes don’t see it but I know I’m an important player for the team.

“I’m old enough to know that the position I play is more important for the team than for people outside who see the game. I’m just happy. It’s been probably one of the best two weeks of my life.

“I played for Brazil after two years and became a dad again and now I’ve won for Liverpool and received another call for Brazil.

“So I hope this will continue to the end of the season and I can achieve great things with Liverpool and finish it by going to the World Cup.”
I am sure he will get back to his best, he knows where he is now and what he is supposed to do. Arsenal game will be the big test for him individually and fr our midfield too.

About Skrtel, apart form little hussle and grabbing shirts, he is doing brilliant. I get scared when he does that sometimes. It is a complete myth that Skrtel is alone responsible that we are playing deep. Let the lad perform when he is doing great job

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:57 pm

He's deluded if he thinks he's been playing well this season. Believes his own hype.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:32 am

“I thought Skrtel was brilliant against West Brom,” Rodgers told the ECHO.

“Victor Anichebe is a real handful, and we spoke before the game about that.

“I've seen him cause a lot of problems for defenders with his strength and power. Martin dealt with him really well.

I think the three at the back allows him to play to his strengths. It allows him to defend, and it simplifies his game when we have the ball.

“I think in the run of games he has had, he has gained in confidence. I've recognised and acknowledged with him that he is playing at a really good level.”
Rodgers on Skrtel...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:15 pm

Skrtel :bow:
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest