RealGunner
31 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ferguson's Autobiography Empty Ferguson's Autobiography

Post by RealGunner Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:21 pm

Some controversial/interesting quotes.

--------------------------------------

"Wayne said that we should have pursued Mesut Ozil, who had joined Real Madrid from Werder Bremen. My reply was that it was none of his business who we should have gone for.

"I told him it was his job to play and perform. My job was to pick the correct teams. And so far I had been getting it right."

-------------------------------------

After finding out about Van Persie's interest, the then Manchester United boss spoke on the phone to Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger several times to seal the move.

Ferguson wrote: "I warned Arsene we would never get to £25m. Arsene was incredulous. He could not believe that Manchester United wouldn't stretch to £25m for such a player.

"I told him again: I wouldn't go to £25m. Arsene asked what my best offer would be. Answer: £22m. The reply was that Arsenal would take £22.5m and a further £1.5m if we won the Champions League or Premier Leaguer during the period of his contract. Deal done."

------------------------------------

David Beckham was booted out of Manchester United after being accused of thinking he was "bigger than Sir Alex Ferguson."

Ferguson, in his autobiography, writes: "David thought he was bigger than Alex Ferguson. There is no doubt in my mind."

Ferguson also lifts the lid on the famous flying boot incident at Old Trafford when Beckham got hit over the head by accident.

"He was around 12 feet from me. Between us on the floor lay a row of new boots. David swore. I moved towards him and as I approached I kicked a boot and hit him right above the eye.

"Of course he rose to have a go at me and the players stopped him. 'Sit down,' I said. 'You let your team down.'"

"The big problem for me is that he married Victoria.

"He went from Real Madrid to La Galaxy. I told him exactly what I thought of that and I think he missed top level football.

"I never had any issue with him at all. He was a marvellous boy and has become an icon. He's worked to get to the point where he's become a great player. We let him go to Real Madrid because we thought it was the right time."

-------------------------------------

Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed he was offered the England job TWICE

"I was offered the England job on two occasions. Adam Crozier, chief executive of the FA from 2000 to 2002, came to see me before Eriksson was appointed in 2001.

"The first time was before that, when Martin Edwards was chairman around the time Kevin Keegan took the reins in 1999.

"There was no way I could contemplate taking the England job. Can you imagine me doing that? A Scotsman?"

When asked in his book launch press conference about the job he said: "There was no way in a million years I could have managed England."

----------------------------------

Sir Alex Ferguson has branded Liverpool "ridiculous" over the Luis Suarez race row with Patrice Evra.

Ferguson, in his autobiography, blasted Liverpool's conduct, Kenny Dalglish and decision to wear T-shirts in support of Suarez.

Former United boss Ferguson writes: "Liverpool wore those T-shirts supporting Suarez, which I thought was the most ridiculous thing for a club of Liverpool's stature.

"I think Kenny was falling back on the chip on the shoulder. The problem I felt was there was no Peter Robinson at Liverpool. He would never have allowed the situation to be handled like it was.

"The young directors there idolised Kenny and there was no-one to say: 'Hey, behave yourself, this is out of order, this is Liverpool Football Club."

-------------------------------------------

Sir Alex Ferguson has reignited his feud with Roy Keane by reserving the most brutal criticism in his book for his former Manchester United skipper.

Ferguson branded Keane a bully in the United dressing-room, claimed he became a malevolent force in the dressing-room as his powers faded as a player and said he was never manager material.

“Roy overstepped his mark, absolutely overstepped his mark,” said Ferguson at the launch of his autobiography.

“That's the sort of personality he has. For some reason he decided to criticise his team-mates. He did it in a MUTV show but we couldn't release that video.

“A few days later a few of the younger players were booed as a result of what he'd said. So we decided we had to do something.

“The meeting we had in that room was horrendous. But I just couldn't lose the control of that situation.

“If I had let it pass, the players would have looked at me differently, much differently.

“I think it's clear that I had to show I was strong enough to deal with issues like that.

“The hardest part of Roy's body is his tongue. He has the most savage tongue you can imagine. He can debilitate the most confident person in the world in seconds with that tongue.

“What I noticed about him that day when I was arguing with him was that his eyes started to narrow, almost to wee black beads. It was frightening to watch. And I'm from Glasgow."

--------------------------------

Sir Alex Ferguson has delivered a damning verdict of Wayne Rooney's fitness levels - and insisted he DID ask to leave Manchester United.

But Fergie says Rooney allowed his levels to drop and even claims his natural ability is in danger of being ruined by his lack of fitness and he says England were wrong to give him a break before last year's Euros. He was pictured drinking on holiday shortly before the tournament.

Ferguson writes: "He has great qualities about him but they could be swallowed up by a lack of fitness. Look at the way Ronaldo or Giggs looked after themselves."

The Scot says Rooney often needed up to five weeks to get back to full fitness if he was out injured.

At his book launch press conference Fergie added: "I was convinced that Wayne would not be ready after his metatarsal. Beckham was very fit, the fittest guy at the club. I knew he could come back after his metatarsal. But I knew Wayne took a lot to get fit enough, he's a big guy, big build."

Rooney was substituted against Aston Villa when they clinched the title and was apparently frustrated at a lack of playing time.

"He came into my office the day after we won the league and asked away," Ferguson writes, adding that Rooney's agent Paul Stretford followed this up by speaking to then chief executive David Gill about a transfer for the striker.

At the press conference Ferguson added: "A lot has been made of this. Wayne came to me and asked away. The fact is Wayne wasn't playing well. But do you think I would have dropped him in the form he is in now? No way. Now we see a different player, a fantastic player."

-----------------------------------

Alex Ferguson labels Rafa Benitez a bitter 'control freak' and a 'silly man' in new book

Former Manchester United boss Ferguson, in his autobiography, writes: "The mistake he made was to turn our rivalry personal. Once you made it personal, you had no chance because I could wait.

"So, on television he puts his glasses on and produces this sheet of paper. Facts. The facts were all wrong. All I said in reply was that Rafa was obviously bitter about something... That was me saying to him: look, you're a silly man. You should never make it personal.

"The advance publicity was that Benitez was a control freak, which turned out to be correct."

Sir Alex expanded by saying that when it came to choosing a winner between his old rivals, Jose Mourinho was the better manager:

"If you saw Jose and Rafa standing together on the touchline, you knew you could pick the winner."

--------------------------------

Alex Ferguson: Steven Gerrard is not a 'top, top player' - and neither is Frank Lampard

Sir Alex Ferguson has claimed Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard are not world class players, despite admitting earlier this year that it would have been a 'dream' to sign Gerrard.

Ferguson claims Gerrard and Lampard are not 'Top, top" players in world football, but admits they work hard for their clubs.

Ferguson, in his autobiography, writes: "Lampard, for me, was a marvellous servant for Chelsea. But I didn't think of him as an elite international footballer. And I'm one of the few who felt Gerrard was not a top, top player."

But in January of this year, when he was still manager at Manchester United, Fergie admitted that it would have been a major coup for the club to have signed Steven Gerrard: "Could you imagine me going to bed at night having taken Gerrard off Liverpool?

"Along with Graeme Souness, he's probably the best midfield player Liverpool have ever had, although I have Souness just above them all.

"It's amazing that he has played every minute of every game in the Premier League this season - and at the age of 33."

-----------------------------------

Fergie on Bebe: 'He was capable of scoring 20 goals a season ... he obviously had a hard upbringing wandering the streets of Lisbon'

Fergie says now friendly with Wenger but in early days 'he [AW] would fix in his mind idea that no-one should actually be tackling his boys'

Fergie on Benitez: 'So, on TV Benitez puts his glasses on & produces this sheet of paper.

Facts.

The facts were all wrong.'

Ferguson on Benitez: “It amazed me that he used to walk into press conferences & say he had no money to spend. He was given plenty’

Ferguson: " Rodgers need 8 more players to win the Title"

From Mirror, Guardian and BBC

Last edited by RealGunner on Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Ferguson's Autobiography Empty Re: Ferguson's Autobiography

Post by ronalessi Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:25 pm

"If you saw Jose and Rafa standing together on the touchline, you knew you could pick the winner." Laughing 
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:27 pm

I agree with him on Gerrard and Lampard, not many will though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:46 pm

Rooney: "We should sign Ozil boss pls"

Fergie: "No. I know what I'm doing ffs."

Signs Bebe that summer

Ferguson's Autobiography WWvECEZ
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Imagine Rooney now that Özil went to Arsenal rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Ferguson: "Benitez's side was the most unimaginative Liverpool side I ever went up against."

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/s403x403/1383504_665916690107010_2042116547_n.jpg

Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:02 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I agree with him on Gerrard and Lampard, not many will though.
Been saying the same for a while now, especially Gerrard. Great servants to their clubs but have never been amongst the worlds best IMO.

Interesting autobiography this'll be, will have to pick myself up a copy.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Also, Most players and managers have given their opinion about Gerrard and Lampard, We know what the majority say. Ill leave it at that.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:15 pm

Its all opinions at the end of the day..... not everyone is going to agree on every player....

There's some players i really rate but a lot think are shit.... Zlatan for example the disrespect he gets still in the English media is unreal.

Is what it is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:16 pm

Gerrard and Lampard were among the very very best in the world from 2005-09.

It's easy to re-write history now that they have both declines and are at their twilight years, but both of them were simply unbelievable for a 4-5 year period.

Both of them CL winners, hundreds of club goals with hundreds of assists. How many players in the last decade can you say the same about? Utterly disgusting the disrespect they get.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:21 pm

anybody got a link to his book pdf epub?

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:22 pm

Nishank wrote:Also, Most players and managers have given their opinion about Gerrard and Lampard, We know what the majority say. Ill leave it at that.
But we've heard the GOAT managers opinion on it now, im sure many more people will agree with SAF and the likes.

As mole says, it all comes down to opinions. I remember when Ibra was nothing more than an overrated big game flop to everyone who didnt watch serie A (mainly the British and their media), but everyone who did follow him knew he was special.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:23 pm

RealGunner wrote:“The hardest part of Roy's body is his tongue. He has the most savage tongue you can imagine. He can debilitate the most confident person in the world in seconds with that tongue.
RealGunner wrote:“The hardest part of Roy's body is his tongue.
RealGunner wrote:“The hardest part of Roy's body
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Cassius wrote:
Nishank wrote:Also, Most players and managers have given their opinion about Gerrard and Lampard, We know what the majority say. Ill leave it at that.
But we've heard the GOAT managers opinion on it now, im sure many more people will agree with SAF and the likes.

As mole says, it all comes down to opinions. I remember when Ibra was nothing more than an overrated big game flop to everyone who didnt watch serie A (mainly the British and their media), but everyone who did follow him knew he was special.
I agree fergie tried to sign him and he is just the type of player fergie wanted. the problem is fergie doesnt take no for answer. he doesnt admit he liked gerrad.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:26 pm

Cassius wrote:

I hate the phrase "British Media" . It is used as an excuse or stick to beat anything related to England. Everyone knows they are morons. Everyone knows they are clueless. Everyone knows they are arrogant pricks. It doesn't change the history that Gerrard and Lampard were up there with the very very best midfielders in the world for a 4-5 year period. Be it English media, or Zambian media.

English media also genuinely believes Moyes and Hodgson are better managers than Benitez. Who gives a f*ck about those xhenophobic A-holes.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:31 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:Gerrard and Lampard were among the very very best in the world from 2005-09.

It's easy to re-write history now that they have both declines and are at their twilight years, but both of them were simply unbelievable for a 4-5 year period.

Both of them CL winners, hundreds of club goals with hundreds of assists. How many players in the last decade can you say the same about? Utterly disgusting the disrespect they get.

So was Deco..... don't recall him getting anywhere near the hype the media have lavished on Gerrard and Lampard despite him in my opinion being a better player than both.

Media overrated both of them and both of them failed to shine at international level.... that's pretty much what SAF has said and i agree.

No escaping they were both great but the media have made them out to be something that they are not.

As for the goal return.... who cares? Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo, Zidane etc etc never scored like they did but were all several leagues above numbers are irrelevant for a midfielder.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:35 pm

But it was only the british media who spout crap about Zlatan. And then the British footy fans lapped it up and agree'd.

But i dont disagree with what you say, apart from lamps and gerrard being up their with the very best. In what way were they? in their chosen position? were they 2 of the best CM's in the world during the 4-5 years? There are plenty of players who had more claim to be amongst the best then those 2.

They are 2 great midfielders but I just happen to rate more midfielders higher to say they were among the worlds best.

Just seen moles post and hes basically summed up everything i was going to write. Especially the Deco comparison, was thinking the exact same thing.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:42 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Natalie Portman wrote:Gerrard and Lampard were among the very very best in the world from 2005-09.

So was Deco..... don't recall him getting anywhere near the hype the media have lavished on Gerrard and Lampard despite him in my opinion being a better player than both.

Media overrated both of them and both of them failed to shine at international level.... that's pretty much what SAF has said and i agree.

No escaping they were both great but the media have made them out to be something that they are not.

As for the goal return.... who cares?  Xavi, Iniesta, Pirlo, Zidane etc etc never scored like they did but were all several leagues above numbers are irrelevant for a midfielder.
A country's media in hyping their own country men more than others shocker.

How do you know the Portuguese media wasn't hyping Deco and giving him praise while dismiss Gerrard and Lampard? Since, 90% of us have only been exposed to English media only, we see them as "THE MEDIA".

In Sweden, Ibra is probably known on the same boat as Messi and an all time great...does it make him "overrrated" ? Does it f*Ck.

And internationally, Sven was the one to blame. Neither Gerrard nor Lampard played a 4-4-2 in their club levels at their peak in wC 06, yet Sven insisted with that formation that didn't suit anyone. Still Gerrard was among England's best players in Germany WC and last year Euros. Lampard was great in Euro 2004. The only thing they can be blamed for was missing their spot kick in Germany. had they converted those, England would have been semi-finalists and it'd been called a fantastic achievement. Small margins and details and all that.

And goals aside, Gerrard and Lampard contributed to massive wins for their respective sides against Europe's very best teams in that time period. They both showed up for the big occasion and went toe to toe with others, if not better. But the English self-hate mentality will of course put them down now that they have both massively declined (Player in declining in mid 30s shocker)...

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Cassius wrote:But it was only the british media who spout crap about Zlatan. And then the British footy fans lapped it up and agree'd.

But i dont disagree with what you say, apart from lamps and gerrard being up their with the very best. In what way were they? in their chosen position? were they 2 of the best CM's in the world during the 4-5 years? There are plenty of players who had more claim to be amongst the best then those 2.

They are 2 great midfielders but I just happen to rate more midfielders higher to say they were among the worlds best.

Just seen moles post and hes basically summed up everything i was going to write. Especially the Deco comparison, was thinking the exact same thing.
Name me the midfielders significantly better than Gerrard and Lampard between 2005-09. The ones who you'd put a tier above them if you don't believe they were among the very best in that time period.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:49 pm

David thought he was bigger than Alex ferguson. There's no doubt in my mind

.. Can you really come down on someone for having a big ego while referring to yourself in the third person in the same sentence ?.. Lol
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:59 pm

Cassius wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I agree with him on Gerrard and Lampard, not many will though.
Been saying the same for a while now, especially Gerrard. Great servants to their clubs but have never been amongst the worlds best IMO.

Interesting autobiography this'll be, will have to pick myself up a copy.
I also agree with Ferguson here. Both Greats players and legends for their clubs tho. Same goes for Paul Scholes imo.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:59 pm

"#FergieBook "They say it was Fabregas who threw pizza at me, but to this day, I have no idea who the culprit was."

Ferguson's Autobiography 13824511

Cesc, bahahah rofl
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:03 pm

I never claimed they were significantly better but they were better imo.

Xavi, Zidane, Pirlo, Nedved, Riquelme, Deco, Ronaldinho, Viera, Scholes, beckham, Veron, Kaka, Pires, Makalele, Gilberto Sliva, Keane, Alonso, Totti, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ballack, Iniesta and probably more i cant remember. Could make a case for De rossi too. Tried to keep it in the timeline you posted aswell.

i just dont think either player was THAT impressive to amass the massive deepthroating they get. And Tbh i rate Lampard higher than i do Steven.

Also its unfair to only apply the years that Gerrard and Lampard were in form. if i could choose the years then the list would be a lot lot bigger.

Last edited by Cassius on Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:15 pm

Cassius wrote:I never claimed they were significantly better but they were better imo.

Xavi, Zidane, Pirlo, Nedved, Riquelme, Deco, Ronaldinho, Viera, Scholes, beckham, Veron, Kaka, Pires, Makalele, Gilberto Sliva, Keane, Alonso, Totti, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ballack, Iniesta and probably more i cant remember. Could make a case for De rossi too. Tried to keep it in the timeline you posted aswell.

i just dont think either player was THAT impressive to amass the massive deepthroating they get. And Tbh i rate Lampard higher than i do Steven.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

From 2005 to 2009. KEANE freaking retired in 2005. Viera went downhill. after leaving Arsenal. Pires and co flattered to deceive in Europe and were on downhill after 2004. Totti isn't a midfielder. De Rossi was a hot head red card magnet at that time and did nothing as good as Gerrard and Lampard at club stage. GILBERTO SILVA HAHAHAHA.

VERON ?? really? Beckham ??

wow. I am done. WO WO WO

2005 to 2009. Where Chelsea reached 5 CL Semis , Liverpool had 3 CL semis and 2 finals ...Lampard and Gerrard were f*cking boss in Europe. Hate people re-writing history. Some of the names on that list are ridiculous and they were no where near as consistent as the English duo during that period

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:18 pm

For a start, Totti WAS a midfielder back then. And yeah Beckham imo was better than both. You asked me to name players i though was better and you left 12 unhighlighted meaning you agree that they were better. So thats 12 midfielders better than lamps and gerrard when they were in the best form of their lives.

Anyway, cant argue with a fanboy so ill leave it at that.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next