Great Leader Sprucenuce
ronalessi
RealGunner
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Ferguson's Autobiography - Page 2 Empty Re: Ferguson's Autobiography

Post by Cassius Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:18 pm

For a start, Totti WAS a midfielder back then. And yeah Beckham imo was better than both. You asked me to name players i though was better and you left 12 unhighlighted meaning you agree that they were better. So thats 12 midfielders better than lamps and gerrard when they were in the best form of their lives.

Anyway, cant argue with a fanboy so ill leave it at that.

Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:21 pm

Bénin wrote:
Cassius wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I agree with him on Gerrard and Lampard, not many will though.
Been saying the same for a while now, especially Gerrard. Great servants to their clubs but have never been amongst the worlds best IMO.

Interesting autobiography this'll be, will have to pick myself up a copy.
I also agree with Ferguson here. Both Greats players and legends for their clubs tho. Same goes for Paul Scholes imo.
The thing about Scholes is how he commanded the respect and awe of his peers and top managers (e.g. http://therepublikofmancunia.com/quotes-about-paul-scholes/) - hard to argue he wasn't in a special class, even if one doesn't really like him.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:25 pm

Cassius wrote:For a start, Totti WAS a midfielder back then. And yeah Beckham imo was better than both. You asked me to name players i though was better and you left 12 unhighlighted meaning you agree that they were better. So thats 12 midfielders better than lamps and gerrard when they were in the best form of their lives.

Anyway, cant argue with a fanboy so ill leave it at that.
You are a joke.

The fact that you say Beckham was better than those 2 between 2005-09 is the worst opinion I've ever read on GL and I've seen plenty.

Beckham moved to MLS in 2007 ffs. He was an irrelevance.

Anyways, can't argue with a clueless muppet. so I'll leave it at that.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:28 pm

Laughing Thinks Totti wasnt a midfielder and calls me clueless...

Btw you sound mad. dont be mad son. stay sfe <3
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:30 pm

Gerrard and Lampard and the whole english team are overrated for more than 20 years now.The only thing England has is the Cl otherwise nothing.You could throw Scholes as the only really good english player but otherwise its empty.De Rossi and other italian players are underrated since i can remember.SAF speaks the truth even if 60% of England will disagree strongly!
ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:34 pm

ARIARAIDEN wrote:Gerrard and Lampard and the whole english team are overrated  for more than 20 years now.The only thing England has is the Cl otherwise nothing.You could throw Scholes as the only really good english player but otherwise its empty.De Rossi and other italian players are underrated since i can remember.SAF speaks the truth even if 60% of England will disagree strongly!
What has Scholes done more than Gerrard and Lampard that [he is the only good english midfielder] ??

Scholes WAS part of the failing England national team as well until 2004. He was also never as consisntent in Europe as Gerrard and Lampard were. It's true that you get over-rated once you retire....

I can make a case for DDR and Italy being shit considering they couldn't qualify from a group consisting of freaking NZ, Paraguay and Slovakia...

De Rossi himself has said Gerrard is his favourite English player and he is flattered by comparison....yet some clueless wools on GL talk about Gerrard and Lampard as they were Jermaine Jenas and Glenn Whelan.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:37 pm

Cassius wrote:Laughing Thinks Totti wasnt a midfielder and calls me clueless...

Btw you sound mad. dont be mad son. stay sfe <3
LOL your list was a joke buddy, jog on son.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ronalessi Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Sir Alex Ferguson autobiography: 'Cristiano Ronaldo was the greatest player I ever worked with'

Sir Alex Ferguson wrote:
Cristiano was the most gifted player I managed. He surpassed all the other great ones I coached at United - and I had many. The only ones who could be placed near him would be a couple of the home-produced players, Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs, because they contributed so prodigiously to Manchester United for two decades.

Real Madrid paid £80m in cash for him [in 2009] and do you know why?. It was a way for Florentino Perez, their president, to say to the world: 'We are Real Madrid, we are the biggest of the lot.'

Ramon Calderon, Perez's predecessor, had claimed the previous year that Cristiano would one day be a Real Madrid player.

I went to Carlos Queiroz's house in Portugal to find the boy expressing an urge to go to Real Madrid, and told him: 'You can't go this year, not after the way Calderon has approached this issue'. I said: 'I know you want to go to Real Madrid but I'd rather shoot you than sell you to that guy now. If you perform, don't mess us about, and someone comes and offers a world record fee, then we will let you go’.

I did well to calm him down. I told him the reason I was refusing to sell him that year was because of Calderon.

I said: 'If I do that, my honour's gone, everything's gone for me, and I don't care if you have to sit in the stands. I know it won't come to that, but I just have to tell you I will not let you leave this year'.
ronalessi
ronalessi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ARIARAIDEN Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:45 pm

Natalie Portman wrote:
ARIARAIDEN wrote:Gerrard and Lampard and the whole english team are overrated  for more than 20 years now.The only thing England has is the Cl otherwise nothing.You could throw Scholes as the only really good english player but otherwise its empty.De Rossi and other italian players are underrated since i can remember.SAF speaks the truth even if 60% of England will disagree strongly!
What has Scholes done more than Gerrard and Lampard that [he is the only good english midfielder] ??

Scholes WAS part of the failing England national team as well until 2004. He was also never as consisntent in Europe as Gerrard and Lampard were. It's true that you get over-rated once you retire....

I can make a case for DDR and Italy being shit considering they couldn't qualify from a group consisting of freaking NZ, Paraguay and Slovakia...

De Rossi himself has said Gerrard is his favourite English player and he is flattered by comparison....yet some clueless wools on GL talk about Gerrard and Lampard as they were Jermaine Jenas and Glenn Whelan.

Im not making a case for accomplishments Im talking about Scholes as the better Footballer as Lampard and Gerrard!Scholes was by far the more complete Player as Lampard and Gerrard.!

About Italy didnt make the group, at that time the were in worst form you can imagine.The whole Squad was pure abysmal at that time!

And about De Rossi flattering a player.Does that mean he is the better player? no so this argument is really dumb!

ARIARAIDEN
ARIARAIDEN
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:48 pm

mr-r34 wrote:LOL your list was a joke buddy, jog on son.
I wonder who SAF rated above gerrard and lampard then.. i guess he's wrong and a joke aswell. Liverpool fans 🤦cant understand no one is bashing gerrard. fanboys. cant say something that isnt praise without being jumped on Laughing pathetic really
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:50 pm

Scholes, a player notorious for his (comedic) struggles on the defensive side with tackles and the like was more complete than a player who's shown the ability to cover basically every outfield position during the years in question... alright then.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:51 pm

Cassius wrote:
I wonder who SAF rated above gerrard and lampard then.. i guess he's wrong and a joke aswell. Liverpool fans :facepalm:cant understand no one is bashing gerrard. fanboys. cant say something that isnt praise without being jumped on :lol:pathetic really
Pot, meet kettle. You're both arguing such asinine and biased points it's frankly a bit ridiculous that either think you have the high ground in this.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:51 pm

Cassius wrote:
I wonder who SAF rated above gerrard and lampard then.. i guess he's wrong and a joke aswell. Liverpool fans :facepalm:cant understand no one is bashing gerrard. fanboys. cant say something that isnt praise without being jumped on :lol:pathetic really
yet the same SAF says he wanted to sign Gerrard, and he has enquired about Lampard...even 2 years ago he did. when Lampard was 34.
Yet the same SAF says Bebe could be a 20 goal a season striker, and believes Anderson is a better purchase than Ozil.

SAF HAS to be controversial and spout shits in his book for it to sell. No one likes a boring book. It's a marketing strategy

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:55 pm

how is saying Gerrard and Lampard were great great players but not among the very best controversial though?? Im sure many people across the world think the same.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:03 pm

RedOranje wrote:
Cassius wrote:
Pot, meet kettle.  You're both arguing such asinine and biased points it's frankly a bit ridiculous that either think you have the high ground in this.
Not really, i never said anything bout SAF being wrong, i merely said his list was a joke which it is, show me the road to the high ground now.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:04 pm

mr-r34 wrote:
RedOranje wrote:
Cassius wrote:I wonder who SAF rated above gerrard and lampard then.. i guess he's wrong and a joke aswell. Liverpool fans :facepalm:cant understand no one is bashing gerrard. fanboys. cant say something that isnt praise without being jumped on :lol:pathetic really
Pot, meet kettle.  You're both arguing such asinine and biased points it's frankly a bit ridiculous that either think you have the high ground in this.
Not really, i never said anything bout SAF being wrong, i merely said his list was a joke which it is, show me the road to the high ground now.
I dont think he was talking to you..me and probably sepi.

On this i take no high ground either? So i dont know what red means..

Also R34 your the joke, you come in the thread and critisize my post but dont actually debunk ANY of it. atleast Sepi gave me that courtesy. So Calma pls.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:16 pm

Stick to football posts and avoid insults or your posts will be removed and you will face punishment.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:23 pm

Nice to know Fergie wouldn't take no shit off that boring peacock Beckham.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:35 pm

Cassius wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I agree with him on Gerrard and Lampard, not many will though.
Been saying the same for a while now, especially Gerrard. Great servants to their clubs but have never been amongst the worlds best IMO.

Interesting autobiography this'll be, will have to pick myself up a copy.
Funny because if it weren't for a certain spectacular Gaucho, Lamps would have won the WFOY award once.

Ferguson's Autobiography - Page 2 0610279f1b8f8aaded1699ac41d64f7e
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:04 am

Cassius wrote:
mr-r34 wrote:
RedOranje wrote:Pot, meet kettle.  You're both arguing such asinine and biased points it's frankly a bit ridiculous that either think you have the high ground in this.
I dont think he was talking to you..me and probably sepi.

On this i take no high ground either? So i dont know what red means..

Also R34 your the joke, you come in the thread and critisize my post but dont actually debunk ANY of it. atleast Sepi gave me that courtesy. So Calma pls.
You wont me to do something that sepi has already done?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:36 am

Lampard not a top player,

Lampard was second best in the world in 2005.

vagi
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:11 am

ronalessi wrote:"If you saw Jose and Rafa standing together on the touchline, you knew you could pick the winner." Laughing 
And yet Rafa stood the winner in every important match between them rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:13 am

Also a big LOLz at every single one of you in this thread who actually think Gerrard and Lampard never reached WC level. HAHAHHAHHAH. I mean seriously. Gerrard the guy who single handedly carried the most average CL winning team of all time.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:14 am

Apparently if you haven't got that Spanish skill to your game, you aren't world class.

GL.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:21 am

McAgger wrote:Also a big LOLz at every single one of you in this thread who actually think Gerrard and Lampard never reached WC level. HAHAHHAHHAH. I mean seriously. Gerrard the guy who single handedly carried the most average CL winning team of all time.
I mean. Look at the line-up comparison between us and Juve in CL Quarters of 2005. We really should lose this game 8-0, going on paper. I'd say Gerrard is the only one from our entire team that can get into Juve's ahead of Emerson. Same with our match up vs Chelsea and Milan.

At the Anfield leg:
Scott Carson - Gigi Buffon
Steve Finnan - Jon Zebina
Djimi Traore - Gianluca Zambrotta
Sami Hyypia - Lilian Thuram
Jamie Carragher - Fabio Cannavaro
John Arne Riise - Mauro Camoranesi
Steven Gerrard - Pavel Nedved
Igor Biscan - Emerson
Le Tallec - Manuele Blesi
Luis Garcia - Alessandro Del Piero
Milan Baros - Zlatan Ibrahimovic

At the Dell'Alpi:
Jerzy Dudek - Gigi Buffon
Djimi Traore - Paolo Montero
Steven Finnan - Gianluca Zambrotta
Sami Hyypia - Lilian Thuram
Jamie Carragher - Fabio Cannavaro
John Arne Riise - Mauro Camoranesi
Xabi Alonso - Pavel Nedved
Igor Biscan - Emerson
Antonio Nunez - Ruben Olivera
Luis Garcia - Alessandro Del Piero
Milan Baros - Zlatan Ibrahimovic

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:45 am

Also Fergie is such a bitter old fool, as if his word is the word of god, especially when he says something about his most hated rivals, Liverpool.

This is what else he said about Liverpool:

Ferguson also dares suggest that Michael Owen became a better player once he had joined Manchester United Laughing

He expresses surprise that Brendan Rodgers was appointed as Dalglish’s replacement, given that he was ‘only’ 39 years old. (Then goes on and recommends Moyes to be hired in his place Laughing )

And there is much more. Might even read the book for the lolz.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next