LeBéninois
Mr Nick09
Onyx
aleumdance
Dnmac4
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL - Page 2 Empty Re: Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL

Post by animal.crackers Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:33 am

something-red wrote:
animal.crackers wrote:
something-red wrote:30m euros; 24m pounds.

It was a fair deal and has definitely worked for City, he's helped them win titles.

With that said, he's been somewhat average this year. So not to sure why this thread was made now...
€30m = £25.1m

Dont know why he'd mean 30 in euros, when he is apparently from Britain but ok, benefit of the doubt. Also, €30m is definitely a fair price regardless...even if it was accurate.

Touré has been average this year? Get outta here & you clearly don't watch City. He is our orchestrator, our maestro, everything goes through him.

6 goals in 8 games this season suggests otherwise.
He's scored goals but he's not exactly done well. Your midfield is so easy to overrun this year... Yaya has to take blame for that.
Not true. We've conceded 1 goal I believe from open play, the rest set pieces. Maybe you were right in the first two games of the season, but now that Pellegrini is using Fernandinho, the interception machine, as the midfield screen instead of Yaya (which was a mistake), we look much more solid and balanced.

We haven't really conceded any goals due to our team being more open. We've conceded two direct free-kicks, two corners, one blatantly offside goal and one from an awful mistake by our two centre-backs. The only goal that I think you could even remotely blame on Pellegrini's more aggressive system is the first against Cardiff, and that's still arguably more to do with the players not doing their jobs (going with a runner/preventing a cross coming in) than with any inherent deficiencies in our formation.

And I don't know why you think that about Yaya, you clearly are busy watching your own team and not City, as City fans pretty much unanimously agree that Yaya is in the form of his life.....and we never agree on anything!

animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL - Page 2 Empty Re: Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL

Post by Red Alert Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:06 pm

So getting overrun and the opposition actually running through your midfield is okay because they don't their chances? Come on now. Your midfield has been average this year and he's found it difficult to adapt to a deeper role thus far. He will improve in the future, but he's not exactly doing his role.

And I haven't seen all of your games this year. I've seen 3. That was on the opening day, the last CL game and against the Mancs.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:57 pm

I think he is one of the best b2b midfielders in the world (up there with Vidal) and arguably Man City's most important player in the last 2 seasons.

He is not really a DM, so I wouldn't consider him the best. Best player in PL? It's up for debate, I consider Suarez, van Persie or even Mata (considering last season) better, they have a far greater impact on their teams.
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:59 pm

I would also agree with those that say Ramsey ia the most in form player in the premier League.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Yaya is a horrendous defender. Best player in the League doesn't constantly get targeted by opposing teams in Europe.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:28 am

I've always said Yaya is top class. In my dream team he would be the DM Very Happy Watching him physically towering above everybody and everyone bouncing off him, is mad fun XD His skills, his goals. Its good it seems in the new setup he has more freedom and able to create attacks more and generally looking more happy.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:36 am

Yaya is a player that i enjoy watching play. he looks slow because of his weight but just like Zlatan he's so powerful that you can't stop him. One of the best Box to box mid since the mid-2000's .
And that versatility :bow: :bow:
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:38 am

Hawky wrote:I think he is one of the best b2b midfielders in the world (up there with Vidal) and arguably Man City's most important player in the last 2 seasons.

He is not really a DM, so I wouldn't consider him the best. Best player in PL? It's up for debate, I consider Suarez, van Persie or even Mata (considering last season) better, they have a far greater impact on their teams.
I think the only player you could ever confidently say was ever the best player in the PL at any given time, was the King himself.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:14 am

Peccadillo wrote:
Hawky wrote:I think he is one of the best b2b midfielders in the world (up there with Vidal) and arguably Man City's most important player in the last 2 seasons.

I think the only player you could ever confidently say was ever the best player in the PL at any given time, was the King himself.
Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL - Page 2 842cf7bd-e7dc-4079-a4f0-d5a33ac9a283_zps83f9ddbc
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:20 pm

I posted this thread a while back and after watching the CC final again IMO he is the best player in the EPL and one of the best in the world again IMO.

Not only does he have a wonderfully bizarre skill set that no one else really has, he also is so clutch. I mean City's 3 trophies in this new era of the club can basically be boiled down to Yaya Toure dragging them over the finish line.

And it's not just great games he has but timely and game saving goals and assists as well.

I mean you put this guy in a Final and he just takes his game to another level that a lot of other players just don't have the power to do. I mean look at these performances.

FA Cup Final- 1-0 City- Yaya pops up in the 74th minute to pull the game out of the fire when the rest of the big price tag City players were playing OK but not getting the job done. He drags them to victory just like he did in the previous game vs Man United

FA Cup Semi's against Manchester United 1-0- Again Yaya drags City past there arch rivals and a win in such a huge statement game. He scores the only goal of the game where most of the City team looked lost and nervous and they escape with a 1-0 win.

Carling Cup final- Yaya unleashes one of the best goals I have ever seen in a cup final from around 30 yards out to bring City back to level and opens up the game. He picks the ball up from his own half runs the counter attack and assisted the last goal to Navas to close the game out. The game was turning into one of those Stoke games where it felt like City just were not going to break through until Yaya beat down the door with pure class.

Barcelona Champions League Final against Man U who were big favorites- Barca lost a lot of players through multiple cards/suspensions and injuries and so Pep decides to play Yaya at Center Back where he played like a boss against the front line of Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez. Many people should know it's hard as hell to play that insane high line Barca used to play under Pep and be totally in harmony with the other 3 defenders in one of the only times he's ever played in that position in the CL Final for gods sake's again against a great 3 headed monster in attack was amazing and really shows how versatile he can be in huge situations.

2012 last game of the year vs QPR to win the Title- He gets injured and only plays for 40 minutes and still created and assisted the opening goal for City.

***Note***Not to mention the game before that (2nd to last game of the season vs Newcastle) in a very uninspired performance to keep the title hopes alive as United were charging to the title Yaya scores 2 goals in a 2-0 win to ensure a situation where City's destiny is in there hands with a win they win the league which obviously they did.

2012 FA Community Shield vs Chelsea- Chelsea takes the lead and Yaya pulls it back with goal from outside the box to level the scoring and City goes on to win. Yaya is named Man of the Match.

I mean wow, just wow. With Suarez in the form he is in it's very hard for me to keep saying Yaya is the best player in the EPL. Of course it's almost impossible to compare midfielders to strikers and Yaya now has 17 goals and most likely will finish the season out with 20 plus goals and 5-10 assists.

The man is awesome and it's really splitting hairs when comparing him to Suarez as Suarez has been so great this year. I just think Yaya's big game heroics puts him over the top for me as w/o him this Man City big money era would be looked at as a total flop had he not dragged them to all those trophies.

Not to mention the goal yesterday was basically one of the best goals I have ever seen in a final. What a player.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:36 pm

Yaya is a great player.

He is not even the best player on his own team though. Hell, he's not even the best midfielder for City.

Nobody in the EPL is close to Suarez right now though, truth be told. Yaya falls into that second group of players with the likes of Hazard, Gerrard, Silva, Aguero, Rooney and co.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:40 pm

Truth be told; at present Hazard and Aguero have every right to be considered in the same bracket as Suarez.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:23 pm

The_Badger wrote:Truth be told; at present Hazard and Aguero have every right to be considered in the same bracket as Suarez.

We can agree to disagree.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:08 pm

The problem is that people don't rate midfielders like Toure ahead of flashy attackers.. such as suarez and hazard, even though players like toure are infinitely more important to their team..

Dnmac is 100% right.. but people who don't know football are going to overrate players and underrate others..
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:43 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:Dnmac is 100% right.. but people who don't know football are going to overrate players and underrate others..

So the vast majority of people in the world don't know football because they think Messi and Ronaldo are the best players in the world as opposed to Modric and Xavi/Iniesta?

I generally prefer midfielders and I thought Sneijder was the best player in the world in 2010 and should have won the Ballon D'or. Suarez does more than just 'be flashy' and he deservedly receives the accolades for best player in the EPL right now.

Touré isn't even the best midfielder on his own team though, IMO.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Really now.... that's just not true, he is easily citys best midfielder.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Fans now is all about dribble and score or your not good enough, grow up people Laughing, rm was struggling a lot before xabi alonso came back, he is slow and not flashy, but he is more important than cr for us.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fuchsteufelswild Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:02 am

nvm
Fuchsteufelswild
Fuchsteufelswild
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:41 am

Suarez is still better and you can make an argument for other players being better. Toure is very inconsistent but on his game he's easily the best midfielder in the league.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:49 am

lszanto wrote:Suarez is still better and you can make an argument for other players being better. Toure is very inconsistent but on his game he's easily the best midfielder in the league.

I'd say this is fair.

You can feel his class any given day, his touch, passing, power, and drive are just a notch above everyone else's, but he slacks a good seventy percent of the time. But if what Run DMC is saying is that, in the games that matter he's the best in the league, I don't think anyone can argue with that.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:51 am

Yaya Toure has been and is the best player in the EPL - Page 2 GrandImpureAmericanrobin

What. A. *bleep*. Goal.

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:53 am

Stevie with the tighter Angle, Yaya from a bit further out.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:44 am

Suarez and Hazard then everyone else.
Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:57 pm

Don't get me wrong, Hazard has been incredible this year but IMO at THIS POINT IN TIME he shouldn't be in the same sentence as Yaya.

And it's for the same reason I get upset when he gets compared to the likes of a Wilshere or Ramsey. Now I know we all know the Wilshere comparison was a joke made by some overzealous Arsenal fans but Ramsey was on fire to start the year and for the start of the season when they were both bagging big goals it was fair to a point.

My question about Hazard or Ramsey etc, is where is the big game performances, the dragging your team to a title the huge goals in huge games/cup finals. Could you place Hazard at any position on the field?

IT's just annoying to me when a guy has a good run of form or a good season and then people put them in the same breath as a Yaya Toure or even say he's better than him. Hazard has a ways to go before he can be said to be as good a player as Yaya.

OR basically what you're saying is the big game moments Yaya produce's don't mean anything, the multiple positions he can play and the versatility of his game mean squat because Hazard has had almost 1 great season.

I just don't think it's right.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:57 am

Le Samourai wrote:

Stevie with the tighter Angle, Yaya from a bit further out.

Those memories. Sad

*Remembers watching that live*
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2