Highburied
kiranr
aleumdance
halamadrid2
sportsczy
51 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Abidal:  "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me" - Page 3 Empty Re: Abidal: "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me"

Post by harhar11 Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:39 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Someone explain to me how this is taken out of context.  Laughing

It's like saying the statement "the sky is blue" is taken out of context.  He can't be any more clear or direct.  There were no qualifiers or any other context involved other than the question and the answer.
No one is blaming this on a mistranslation. He said the club didn't pay him, but that doesn't mean the insurance didn't.
exactly! I even said that Abidal was not lying!

Out of context =/= mistranslation

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Abidal:  "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me" - Page 3 Empty Re: Abidal: "While i was sick, Barca didn't pay me"

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:55 pm

Look, there's no way Barcelona wouldn't be paying one of their players if they are contractually bound to. What people have been saying about an insurance paying for Abidal's wages when he was out, that makes sense to me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:57 pm

Btw in recent interviews Abidal has stated that "I can't say a single bad thing about my time there" so it would be naive to think that he didn't get paid - even if not directly from the club.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:00 pm

Laughing @ People actually going on a tantrum saying what a disgrace Barça is for not paying based on some words from Abidal which likely have been taken completely out of context and continuing that BS by stating either the club or the player is 'lying'.

Pathetic, pls go.

I know it is fun to bash your rival club but please at least have the proper and necessary information and the braincells to form a correct conclusion before splashing this on a forum like this.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:34 pm

It's even funnier to see Barca and its fans spin this.

Abidal said:  "Ce n’était même pas une histoire d’argent. La preuve, c’est que tous les mois où j’étais malade, le club ne m’a pas payé."

Direct translation:  "It wasn't even a money issue.  The proof is that during the months that i was sick, the club didn't pay me."

He's saying that the money wasn't the issue... because if it was, he would really have a problem with Barca.  The point he was making is that he was disappointed with the message of Rosell during his last press conference with Barca.  It hurt his career and almost ended it as clubs got scared.  That's what he's angry about, not the money... he was making that clear.  But the fact is, he threw the money thing in there to get back at Rosell for being the cheap bastard that he is.  Didn't want to do this until a) he had a new club and b) he had regained to level.

Best time for him to come out with this and stick it to Rosell.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:36 pm

It's pretty simple: Either Abidal is lying straight up or Barca is. There is no in between here. Abidal was categorical about his statements.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:44 pm

@sportsczy

I can read French too and you can interpret it differently. The club didn't pay me can mean that the insurance company did. So, even if Abidal had renewed the contract with Barcelona and he would have still been sick, it wouldn't have been a financial issue because the insurance company will continue paying.

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, I'm just saying this is a possible interpretation. Moreover, Abidal has been sick for about one year and a half, don't tell me he didn't get paid for all these months and leave the club just like that afterwards, it's a bit too much.

I'm sure that Barca can easily prove that he was paid if that is the problem.
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:45 pm

And interviews get cut into pieces, a player can say more things but in the end the reporter chooses the main ideas that will appear in the interview, selecting them from all the ideas that the player has said.
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:49 pm

This has been picked up by 35 french media.

It's causing some serious outrage. He's going to be asked about it probably tonight or very soon thereafter.

There is no mistranslation or any other way to interpret what he said. If Barca had bought an insurance policy and he was paid by the Barca policy, he would never say something so categorical as "Barca never paid me".

This is a direct attack on Rosell and he meant it to be that way.

I'm not going to comment about your French skills because i'm french. There is no spinning this. Either Abidal comes out and qualifies his comments or he confirms it (by refusing to respond further or responding affirmatively).

It's not going away until clarified. Too big a story here. Media are going to ask him again.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:51 pm

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Actualites/Abidal-si-guardiola-avait-ete-la/398445

Full interview. All direct quotes. No editorial. Nothing. Printed word for word what was said.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:59 pm

It's not about the cut, it's about that saying that "the club didn't pay me" is not the same thing as saying "I was not paid". It wouldn't be weird for a club to have wage insurance against injury/disease for its top players.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawky Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:08 pm

Comment from your link: "En france Si tu es malade , tu es payé par la sécurité sociale ; non pas par ton employeur ; c'est pareil en Espagne ;" (In France if you are sick, you are paid by your social insurance, not by your employer; it's similar to Spain).

I repeat, I can't know for sure what the situation is and no one can at this point. All I am saying is that you can still interpret things differently - he said that the "club wasn't paying him", not that "nobody paid me". And he said it immediately after declaring that not renewing was not for financial reasons, and I understood from this that even if he still had problems, the club was not the one paying him.

Otherwise why renew if you knew the club wasn't paying you?

Some things just don't make sense, but I am anxious to find an explanation for all this because if it's true, I have really lost all respect for Rossel and his board.

PS: How do you know it's printed word for word what he said? All interviews go through a state of editing as far as I know, you don't just throw eveything there. Even TV interviews are trimmed.

Last edited by Hawky on Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : translation)
Hawky
Hawky
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:29 pm

Hawky wrote:@sportsczy

I can read French too and you can interpret it differently. The club didn't pay me can mean that the insurance company did. So, even if Abidal had renewed the contract with Barcelona and he would have still been sick, it wouldn't have been a financial issue because the insurance company will continue paying.

I'm not saying you're necessarily wrong, I'm just saying this is a possible interpretation. Moreover, Abidal has been sick for about one year and a half, don't tell me he didn't get paid for all these months and leave the club just like that afterwards, it's a bit too much.

I'm sure that Barca can easily prove that he was paid if that is the problem.
+1
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:36 pm

sportsczy wrote:Abidal said:  "Ce n’était même pas une histoire d’argent. La preuve, c’est que tous les mois où j’étais malade, le club ne m’a pas payé."

Direct translation:  "It wasn't even a money issue.  The proof is that during the months that i was sick, the club didn't pay me."
As this can mean that money wasn't a issue for Abidal because he didn't get payed for a couple of months, it could just as easily mean that it wasn't a money issue FOR BARCA, because it was not them who was paying him.

All we know from this quote from Abidal is that he needs to come out and explain it better.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:49 pm

Tbh these footballers earn more in a week then what most earn in a year.... How can we sympathize? I mean recovering from cancer is a sad tale and wished him all the best there but he should of kept this story to himself really.

It's harsh but if he signed a contract where they won't pay him if he gets injured he can't really complain because he agreed to those terms and if he didn't sign that kind of contract he can sue them and get the money back this sounds like he signed a bad contract and he's bitter about the way he left the club.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:49 pm

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/detail/article/fc-barcelona-communique-on-eric-abidal

FC Barcelona contacted the player and his representative to clarify the confusion generated by the statements made by Éric Abidal to L'Equipe

After Éric Abidal’s statements were reported by L’Equipe, FC Barcelona contacted the player and his representative in order to clarify the confusion created by the phrase “the Club didn’t pay me in the months I was sick.” FC Barcelona want to clarify the following:

- Both parties confirm that the Club duly complied with the contractual commitments stipulated in the player’s contract.

- That in January of 2012, even though the player relapsed and underwent liver transplant surgery two months later, FC Barcelona offered Abidal a contract extension which included a substantial renewal bonus. The extension was signed.

- That in March of 2012, when Abidal’s disease reappeared, the Club did not execute its option to unilaterally rescind the player’s contract per the stipulation in the contract that Abidal signed. By mutual agreement, FC Barcelona and the player suspended the contract until Abidal was medically cleared to play. During this period Abidal continued collecting his agreed upon monthly payments and, upon his return to the first team, he received the proportional sum of his contract.

- In June of 2013, when his contract was due to expire, the Club and Abidal liquidated the contract.
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:16 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Either Abidal or Barca is lying.  Knowing Abidal, i doubt it's him... 
you know abidal? hook us up with a GL interview plsss
inside scoopp plzzz..
Laughing
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:16 am

gondov wrote:http://www.fcbarcelona.com/club/detail/article/fc-barcelona-communique-on-eric-abidal

FC Barcelona contacted the player and his representative to clarify the confusion generated by the statements made by Éric Abidal to L'Equipe

After Éric Abidal’s statements were reported by L’Equipe, FC Barcelona contacted the player and his representative in order to clarify the confusion created by the phrase “the Club didn’t pay me in the months I was sick.” FC Barcelona want to clarify the following:

- Both parties confirm that the Club duly complied with the contractual commitments stipulated in the player’s contract.

- That in January of 2012, even though the player relapsed and underwent liver transplant surgery two months later, FC Barcelona offered Abidal a contract extension which included a substantial renewal bonus. The extension was signed.

- That in March of 2012, when Abidal’s disease reappeared, the Club did not execute its option to unilaterally rescind the player’s contract per the stipulation in the contract that Abidal signed. By mutual agreement, FC Barcelona and the player suspended the contract until Abidal was medically cleared to play. During this period Abidal continued collecting his agreed upon monthly payments and, upon his return to the first team, he received the proportional sum of his contract.

- In June of 2013, when his contract was due to expire, the Club and Abidal liquidated the contract.
Sportsczy

http://passioblaugrana.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/xavi_hernandez.jpg
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:21 am

#pray4sportsczy

off topic, thats a quality avatar sports Proud
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:37 am

anything french related, Sports acts like he knows them personally and defends them like no other.
that loyalty thoo :wub:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:56 pm

stay safe sportsczy
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:00 pm

Why would Abidal first say it and then take it back?

I don't get it.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:53 pm

Se7en wrote:Why would Abidal first say it and then take it back?

I don't get it.
I thought it was because the quotes were slightly twisted or something? Or maybe just a mistake in translation.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:00 pm

lszanto wrote:

I don't get it.
I thought it was because the quotes were slightly twisted or something? Or maybe just a mistake in translation.
I do belive it was because of that. I mean, Abidal at no point said that he was not paid. All he wanted to point out was that the club was not losing money by keeping him.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:14 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:
Badamdar wrote:Nothing is wrong with Rosell. He is way better than Perez who sells his second best player in 3 seconds, hurts his feeling and fans

Judging without knowing a sh..t is childish. How do you know if Laporta is better than Rosell? Do you know that Laporta rapes teen girls? No you dont know. you just start to masturbate reading newspapers
Laporta rapes teen girls???!!! WTF am I reading Laughing
Yep that's new to me. scratch
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:55 am

I don't get it.
Because misinformed people love to immediately jump to conclusions even when they don't have all of the facts that they should. This story sounded like bs from the beginning, and the clarification from Barca only confirmed that. Sometimes you just have to wait and see how solid such a story like this one can really be before you mistake it for fact, and when u don't we get threads like these.

barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next