Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
Adit
Mr Nick09
Gil
125 posters

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 31 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by Twoism Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:35 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:What am I reading. Consensus was Arsenal need a DM, a GK, a CF and possibly a LW. They signed Flamini and their 50th AM. And suddenly this is a success? I think Arsenal fans were so starved of signings they're just happy they signed someone, let alone a class player, but I wouldn't call this a successful transfer season for Arsene.
It's by no mean perfect but encouraging start and extremely successful based on Arsenal standard.

Arsenal has covered GK and C/DM with Viviano and Flamini, granted it's back up option but they're better than what we got and will add in overall quality. Wenger still has faith in Chesny so Viviano is short term push for starting position, a safe option. While Cesar or Begovic are great, their arrivals would mean Chesny is pushed to the bench and that's not what Wenger has in mind, agree with him or not.

Our LW is covered with Santi now with Ozil moved in, Santi will play permanently on the left to help out Gibbs, not in traditional sense but on paper he is LW. I envision him and Ozil will interchange, one drift out, one hug center.

CF is 1 short but it's not like Wenger didn't try to bring someone in the last minute. We would have to do with Best CF on planet Bendtner, Sanogo and Podolski. Come January, who knows what would happen in the market.

Ozil signing is significant moment, it might not be the position we need the most or means anything to other fans who constantly see world class purchase year by year but for gunners, it could has much needed effect like when Denis came in 1996

- Break club record/ break wage structure finally, there will be more world class signings to come
- Reassure the fans the club is not money hoarding evil machine
- Finally Wenger stubbornness is broke down ?
- Expectation will be higher, no more 4th place trophy, more responsibilities.

Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 31 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player |

Post by AnJl Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:43 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:What am I reading. Consensus was Arsenal need a DM, a GK, a CF and possibly a LW. They signed Flamini and their 50th AM. And suddenly this is a success? I think Arsenal fans were so starved of signings they're just happy they signed someone, let alone a class player, but I wouldn't call this a successful transfer season for Arsene.
Signing Ozil does one of two things:

1. Leaving Carzola to play on the left wing.

2. Leaving Podolski to be our second striker. While also acting as cover for the left wing when needed.

We have signed a goalkeeper and a DM. Not the exact replacements fans envisaged, but I guess we will have to make do with what we have.

It is not the perfect solution, but a decent one.
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:43 am

The fact we didn't have any genuine holding dm targets suggests that despite a lot of fans and pundits feeling this is what is required, aw does not figure that type of player into his system.
And at the end of the day he's the one getting paid  handsomely to do what he does best. Say what you want about wenger, but he is a phenomenal tactician.

_________Giroud
_________________Theo
___Santi -  Ozil
_____________Wilshere
_______Arteta    

I too would've liked to seen someone like sakho snapped up, well played br. good window for him.

Last edited by Peccadillo on Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:46 am

Twoism wrote:Our LW is covered with Santi now with Ozil moved in, Santi will play permanently on the left to help out Gibbs, not in traditional sense but on paper he is LW.
I don't think Cazorla will play on the left wing. This would negate him.

He will be like Silva, starting from the left on paper, but in reality, drifting infield to create. Ozil will need him for one-two's and the like anyway.

Walcott will play generally high up-field on the right, so their will be space for Ozil and Cazorla to work the central areas of the pitch.

City play a similar formation with Navas on the right.
Something like this:
OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 31 817434_Arsenal
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:03 am

animal.crackers wrote:
Twoism wrote:Our LW is covered with Santi now with Ozil moved in, Santi will play permanently on the left to help out Gibbs, not in traditional sense but on paper he is LW.

He will be like Silva, starting from the left on paper, but in reality, drifting infield to create. Ozil will need him for one-two's and the like anyway.

Walcott will play generally high up-field on the right, so their will be space for Ozil and Cazorla to work the central areas of the pitch.
This. Gibbs will play almost as a wb in attack as per clichy, Cole, sylvinho. Allowing cazorla to drift inside. Attack is good, we failed to sign a striker. If I could pinpoint one area where aw may have made an error it was not coughing up for higuain. Let's hope giroud continues his form to put that behind us.

I would've liked a defender but aw has faith in our current, which is hardly crazy when you look at the stats supporting our defence.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimson Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:41 am

Best of a bad situation really, good move all around.
Crimson
Crimson
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:22 am

Everyone should be happy.

Yeah Özil was your 2nd best player but you got 50m for him and made over 35m so thats not too bad.

We got the best playmaker on the world.

Cheers
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:26 am

OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 31 IynCsXZR3nUrq

MY REACTION!!!!
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:26 am

This is unbelievable. Arsenal spending big for a player...
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:27 am

and to those saying Arsenal don't need him and that we need backup for that and that

try and watch Arsenal...

Defense is solid, the last time we played a proper DM was back in 2008 with Gilberto Silva..

box to box midfield is covered, with Flamini ......

Ozil-Santi Proud
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:41 am

Arsene deceitfully getting himself a contract extension. OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 31 Xowen10
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:52 am

My thoughts are that he does address some of our needs, besides quality he also will improve our chemistry. Creativity has been a big problem for us in the last two seasons, despite our "50 AMs", we have basically been playing one creative player (cazorla) and 3 strikers, when we moved cazorla left it improves somewhat but I don't think neither wilshere or rosicky are particularly great AMs, one has no experience playing there and the other is getting on in age and lacks end product. Ozil + cazorla solves the problem, and may bring back the flowing football arsenal used to play and have missed so much for the last two years.

I would have agreed we need a DM but we are going with energetic hardworking double pivots it seems, or arteta although I find him far from ideal. Overall I'm ok with it and willing to give it a chance.

Up front though we didn't address our needs. From the ecstasy of ozil, going into a season with only 1 decent striker in the entire squad is nice way of bringing us back down to earth lol
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:57 am

mate, don't fall for their shite

we don't need a DM, the spurs game showed how unimportant thorough DM's are, if marked by deep lying Midfielders they are ineefective...

what we need or might need is another striker
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:25 am

animal.crackers wrote:

City play a similar formation with Navas on the right.
Something like this:
OFFICIAL: Ozil is now an Arsenal player | - Page 31 817434_Arsenal
That looks pretty decent, player i really like: Mertesacker, Koscielny, Arteta, Wilshere, Ozil, Walcott, Giroud - this is a pretty solid team. How is the depth?
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:36 am

once, poldi, arteta and Ox returns , the depth will be solid

for now only rosicky and flamini
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:43 am

Arsenal my new favourite team in EPL step aside City please
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:46 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Arsenal my new favourite team in EPL step aside City please
Proud
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:48 am

if only you guys had bought higgy ffs

dat ozil-higgy combo yet again. ..goals galore
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:54 am

halamadrid2 wrote:Arsenal my new favourite team in EPL
x2
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:58 am

halamadrid2 wrote:if only you guys had bought higgy ffs

dat ozil-higgy combo yet again. ..goals galore
We had 99% bought him, all we needed was Wenger'sapproval

then he cut the deal last minute..

aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:40 am

In terms of Ozil moving to Arsenal, I'm not sure why he'd move there anyway. If Arsenal don't win anything, he may be tempted to a club that wins trophies.

I hope there's a buy back clause.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:43 am

Yohan Modric wrote:In terms of Ozil moving to Arsenal, I'm not sure why he'd move there anyway. If Arsenal don't win anything, he may be tempted to a club that wins trophies.

He will be ours in 2 seasons, mark my words. Wink
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:49 am

Collblanc wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:In terms of Ozil moving to Arsenal, I'm not sure why he'd move there anyway. If Arsenal don't win anything, he may be tempted to a club that wins trophies.

He will be ours in 2 seasons, mark my words. Wink
you can't pay his wages...

and he won't be yours in 2 seasons

he will be off to bayern if he leaves Arsenal

the German capitalist Machine won't let this one go
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:54 am

IMO özil to arsenal >>>>>> higgs to arsenal

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:15 am

aleumdance wrote:he will be off to bayern if he leaves Arsenal

Hm... Mario Götze plays the same position (which is why it is always a bit crowdy there for the German NT), so Mesut Özil joining would likely mean Götze leaving. So Götze back to Dortmund then for a cut-price? hmm
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:17 am

rwo power wrote:
aleumdance wrote:he will be off to bayern if he leaves Arsenal

Hm... Mario Götze plays the same position (which is why it is always a bit crowdy there for the German NT), so Mesut Özil joining would likely mean Götze leaving. So Götze back to Dortmund then for a cut-price? hmm

OBVIOUSLY...lol

If ozil is on the market in January, Bayern will enter
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next