neuro11
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
Isaacb04
63 posters

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next

Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 17 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:39 pm

Marca wrote:Barcelona left two points behind in Getafe. It was one more day when Leo Messi was not very influential. The extent to which Barcelona have depended on Messi this season is massive.

In recent years, the Barcelona boat has been navigated mainly by Messi's performances, though not to the extent that it has been this season. Either Leo is decisive, or Barcelona botch it all up.

The figures speak for themselves. Barcelona have dropped points in four games this season: at Málaga and Real Madrid, against Celta and now in Getafe, and Messi was not at his best in any of them, the problem being that there was no one who could take over from him.
In those four matches, his teammates were able to produce one solitary goal, by Neymar at the Bernabéu. As for the rest, there was nothing.

And in addition to the four games already mentioned, Barcelona also lost in Paris, where Messi did score a goal but it wasn't enough, and there was a clear victory in a cup match against Huesca in which he didn't play. In the 16 other games played this season, Barcelona have come out on top, and in nearly all of these, Messi had a part to play. In 14 of them he either scored himself or provided an assist, and in 13 of them he actually got the score off the mark, either with a goal or an assist.

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/12/15/en/football/barcelona/1418637121.html

Thank God we did not replace him with Suarez

That moment when even Marca defend Messi Laughing

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:54 pm; edited 3 times in total

BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 17 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:46 pm

Thank god

Tbf I think Alex is the only one who wanted him sold for good. Had that happened we'd be near regulation
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:02 am

Whats wrong with Marca? ran out of story ?? pirat

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:19 pm

Lionel Messi feeling mental, physical strain of years at top - Gerardo Martino

Argentina coach Gerardo Martino has suggested that Lionel Messi is currently dealing with the mental and physical results of having been the focal point in so many games over the last decade for club and country.

Messi, 27, has already played over 500 senior club and international matches since making his Barcelona debut in October 2004 -- winning every trophy available with the Camp Nou club, and playing in three World Cups with Argentina.

The four-time Ballon d'Or winner was troubled by persistent muscle problems throughout the 2013-14 season, but has been fit enough to start all his club's La Liga and Champions League games so far this term.

Messi has scored 21 times in those 21 outings, but high-profile teammates including summer signing Luis Suarez have not been delivering nearly as often, and Barca have slipped four points behind leaders Real Madrid in the La Liga table.
Messi's current international manager, and his club coach during the 2013-14 campaign, said in an interview with the DPA news agency that the psychological strain of being always looked to by teammates to decide games was huge.

"A very important thing is the 'wear and tear' he has had for 10 years, averaging 60 or 65 games per year," Martino said. "He plays a lot of decisive games which wear you out physically and psychologically. He has an extra load that no other player has. Everyone is waiting on him to resolve games, something that is very hard to change. We coaches must try to find ways of playing so that he is the most important part of the team, but not the saviour."

Martino said that although Messi is surrounded by so many big stars at Barcelona, including World Cup-winners such as Xavi Hernandez and Andres Iniesta, and Brazilian starlet Neymar, his teammates still expect him to deliver all the time.

"I believe there is more expectation on the part of his teammates at Barcelona than those of the national team," he said. "I always said that at Barcelona it was better due to the teammates he had. The reality is that also at Barcelona everyone ends up waiting for him to decide many things. The situation is not that different than the national team."

Martino tried to play Messi in a number of different positions during their time together at club level, and since taking over as Argentina boss last summer has often started his No. 10 out towards the right wing. Current Blaugrana coach Luis Enrique has also tried something similar, with former Liverpool attacker Suarez currently positioned at centre-forward.

In the end Messi tended to play where he himself felt he could do most damage, Martino said.

"He is unpredictable as a player," he said. "It is very difficult to establish what we will find. You can think that with time he will play a bit deeper, without so much explosive impact, and he has done that. Or you could imagine him out on the wing, with more chances to take on opponents one against one. And he has done that too.

"Everything that happens around Lionel happens solely and exclusively for how he is feeling himself."

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:53 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
Marca wrote:Barcelona left two points behind in Getafe. It was one more day when Leo Messi was not very influential. The extent to which Barcelona have depended on Messi this season is massive.

In recent years, the Barcelona boat has been navigated mainly by Messi's performances, though not to the extent that it has been this season. Either Leo is decisive, or Barcelona botch it all up.

The figures speak for themselves. Barcelona have dropped points in four games this season: at Málaga and Real Madrid, against Celta and now in Getafe, and Messi was not at his best in any of them, the problem being that there was no one who could take over from him.
In those four matches, his teammates were able to produce one solitary goal, by Neymar at the Bernabéu. As for the rest, there was nothing.

And in addition to the four games already mentioned, Barcelona also lost in Paris, where Messi did score a goal but it wasn't enough, and there was a clear victory in a cup match against Huesca in which he didn't play. In the 16 other games played this season, Barcelona have come out on top, and in nearly all of these, Messi had a part to play. In 14 of them he either scored himself or provided an assist, and in 13 of them he actually got the score off the mark, either with a goal or an assist.

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/12/15/en/football/barcelona/1418637121.html

Thank God we did not replace him with Suarez

That moment when even Marca defend Messi Laughing

You know its not that clear cut BC.
Suarez has been brilliant for us so far.The goals are lacking but now that he has got his first in the league,they will start flowing.
And lets not forget that Suarez is a big reason for MEssi's brilliant form over the past few weeks.Suarez playing centrally has meant the 2 CB's are pinned back and Messi has that extra couple of yards of space.Messi has enjoyed more space with Suarez in the side which is why he is flourishing lately.
And I still maintain that had we traded Suarez for Messi,we would be a better side today,provided we had a competent manager at the helm and not the fraud.
Suarez can do do everything Messi does but he can also press.
Despite Messi improving this season he still doesnt press to the required extent and we are still pathetic as a pressing unit.
Pressing is a major tactical weapon whether Barca fans want to admit it or not and as long as Messi is in the side,we cant press.
A Neymar,Suarez and Sanchez forward line would have been lethal offensively and been a brilliant pressing unit.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:40 pm

I don't really disagree that without him on the pitch we could be pressing better (although I'm not all that convinced that Neymar is a better presser)  but I think that in an effort to achieve great pressing you are under rating the offensive contribution he makes. Suárez took over 500 minutes to score for us, Neymar is only finding his finishing boots this season and Alexis has always had erratic finishing.

Do you think if we had sold Messi then Suárez would not have come under tremendous pressure to match his scoring record? Catalán media has no patience and very high standards. And Messi seems to have found his best for in 3 years for us.

Not to mention that at least defensively, I think that organization had been a much bigger problem than pressing this season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:42 pm

At this point Suarez isn't showing what he can do, so if we traded him for messi i'd be greatly dissapointed.

since suarez came....
munir/sandro/neymar/messi all played worse
pedro benefited.

I'll be patient though and see if he can gel before the season is over and reserve judgement then.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:08 pm

I think Messi/Neymar have been the same and the others haven't due to lack of game time tbf, Messi if anything as improve since Suarez has came in.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:17 pm

not at all, before suarez we had neymar leading the goals, with messi consistent assists

messi improved in goals, but not overall quality.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:22 pm

Messi's finishing improved but he was still getting the chances. I wouldn't attribute a temporary slump in his accuracy to Suárez playing or not.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:48 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I don't really disagree that without him on the pitch we could be pressing better (although I'm not all that convinced that Neymar is a better presser)  but I think that in an effort to achieve great pressing you are under rating the offensive contribution he makes. Suárez took over 500 minutes to score for us, Neymar is only finding his finishing boots this season and Alexis has always had erratic finishing.

Do you think if we had sold Messi then Suárez would not have come under tremendous pressure to match his scoring record? Catalán media has no patience and very high standards. And Messi seems to have found his best for in 3 years for us.

Not to mention that at least defensively, I think that organization had been a much bigger problem than pressing this season.

Suarez can make the same offensive contribution.I have no doubt about that.Right now he is playing a supporting role.Without Messi he would play more of a main role.And we have seen what he can do in a main role.Without Messi, Neymar too would come to the fore a bit more.
Suarez hasnt shown what he can do.I disagree completely.He has given a completely new dimension to our attack.He is occupying the CB's and bringing others into play.His contribution has been brilliant so far.It is foolish to judge him on goals.And yes,it is indisputable that Messi has more space with Suarez in the team and has benefited as a result.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:15 am

If messi leaves, neymar and suarez will up their game to high levels. And Thats a given. Tbh, if i were neymar or suarez, i would start grabbing the bull by the horn at this point, wether it goes down well with messi or not, as thats the only way to stay relevant and to fulfill your potential in this messi led barcelona. However, messi being in barca is a difinite plus than a negative except for the fact that leaving barca would benefit both club and player in the long run. Anyway, knowing barcelona, messi will soon be shipped out sooner than you think. Trust me!
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:13 am

Fanboys blaming Messi for their losers not showing up, what else is new?  Laughing

Maybe they should have thought twice if their skill weren't adequate enough against parked buses, with non existent midfield. Atm Messi has to get the ball from defenders, feed Neymar and Suarez, and then finish the chances when the two can't score if their life depended on it.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:42 pm

I also think Messi will leave soon....and that is better for him as well. But for the moment i need to keep on saving some of the posts here made by some genius tactician for future purpose... smoking

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:15 am

The whispers about Leo Messi's role on the pitch are not a media invention. Since the beginning of the season, there has been a widespread feeling that the Argentine is floating around leisurely, only to explode into a sprint when he gets the ball.

A recent report on the ground covered and highest speeds clocked up by the Barcelona squad shows that this perception reflects the reality.

Messi is running less than his teammates, and by some distance. His average over the course of the campaign is under 8 km a match, more than 3.5 km less than the team's top gun in this respect, Jordi Alba, who averages over 11.5 km a game.

However, what the Argentine lacks in application, he makes up for in raw speed. No one in the 'Azulgranas' ranks has run faster than Messi this term. The forward laid down a marker in the opening league fixture of the season, against Elche, scampering across the turf at 34.47 km per hour, a mark neither he nor anyone else has been able to better.

Calling Messi lazy would be unfair. He may not run around like a headless chicken, but he makes his efforts count. This is illustrated by the fact that the 27-year-old has broken the deadlock in 75% of Barça's games this season en route to racking up 23 goals in all competitions.

http://www.marca.com/en/2014/12/23/en/football/barcelona/1419324865.html

Read more: Messi floats like a butterfly but sprints like Bolt - MARCA.com (English version)

Another interesting article from Marca on Messi this season
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:10 am

Lol, my eyes tell me he hasnt broken the dead lock 75% of all games. Thats plain false and a blatant lie. Out of like 14/15 odd barca league games, i can remember like 5 from the top of my head where he hasnt scored (villareal, bilbao, malaga, madrid, celta, almeria, getafe), and another 5 from the top of my head where he didnt break the dead lock (cordoba, valencia the game where barca won 6 nil, the game barca won 5 nil at the beginning of the season, and the game where barca won 3-1. Sorry cant remember their names right now) , and again i remember another 3 in the champions league where he didnt break the games dead-lock (ajax, apoel & psg).. So thats like 15 games in both cl and league. Where barca and messi has played like 20/21 games.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Here is the chart btw

https://i.imgur.com/AiuuNzC.jpg

Old man Xavi dead last Sad

Why are there so many top speeds vs elche?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:13 pm

alexjanosik wrote:

Suarez can make the same offensive contribution.I have no doubt about that.Right now he is playing a supporting role.Without Messi he would play more of a main role.And we have seen what he can do in a main role.Without Messi, Neymar too would come to the fore a bit more.
Suarez hasnt shown what he can do.I disagree completely.He has given a completely new dimension to our attack.He is occupying the CB's and bringing others into play.His contribution has been brilliant so far.It is foolish to judge him on goals.And yes,it is indisputable that Messi has more space with Suarez in the team and has benefited as a result.
I'm much more skeptical. We have also seen how even under a central position he was missing chances left and right in his second to last season at Liverpool. The fans at the time attributed this to pressure, which will undoubtedly be higher here.

Just to make it clear when I say I'm not convinced that Suárez can match Messi's output I'm not saying I don't rate or like him, only that I'm not convinced anyone could meet such a high bar.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Wed Dec 24, 2014 3:35 pm

Even during Barca's best season (2011) Messi was running 7-8 KM per game.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:07 pm

Xavi rubbishes Ronaldo's Ballon d'Or bid: He wouldn't even be in my top three

The midfielder does not see why the Real Madrid forward should win the award given his failure to lead Portugal out of the World Cup group stage

Xavi has questioned Cristiano Ronaldo's status as the favourite to win the Ballon d'Or, pointing out the Portugal star "did not do much at the World Cup" and revealing he would not even have the Real Madrid ace in his top three.

The attacker won the award for 2013 and is widely expected to retain his title after a year in which he fired Los Blancos to Champions League glory and played a key role in the Spanish side's remarkable run of 23 straight victories in all competitions.

However, Barcelona icon Xavi does not believe the 29-year-old would be worthy winner after a Ronaldo-led Portugal suffered a dismal first-round elimination in Brazil, while Ballon d'Or rivals Manuel Neuer and Lionel Messi both featured in the final, for Germany and Argentina, respectively.

"He didn't do much in the World Cup, and in a World Cup year, the season is defined by that," the former Spain international said of Ronaldo in an interview with Sport.

"[In first place I would have] Leo, second Philipp Lahm, and third Javier Mascherano."

Xavi also rubbished the suggestion that Messi holds more power in the Barca dressing room than coach Luis Enrique after an allegation that the No.10 refused to be substituted in a match against Eibar in October.

"This image of Messi is totally false," the playmaker declared. "I think it's great that people can talk and say what they want, but this is a lie.

"Messi never imposes himself on the team. This squad agrees on everything.

"Obviously Leo has great importance within the team, but I have never seen Leo telling Luis Enrique what he wants. I just cannot see it happening. It's unthinkable."

Xavi also dismissed reports that Messi is unsettled at Barcelona, with the Argentine having caused panic in Catalunya by stating in November that he might not stay at Camp Nou.

"He is happier than ever," the veteran midfielder stated. "He's the best player in the world and we have to live with this kind of news. But I see him happy and content.

"It's very different from last year when suffered an injury that put him on the sidelines for two months with the World Cup on the horizon. It would not have been an easy year for anyone.

"But this season we are seeing the best Messi."

Meanwhile, Xavi voiced his support for Luis Suarez, who joined Barca from Liverpool for €94 million during the summer.

The Uruguay international was unable to make his debut until October 25 because of a four-month ban for biting Giorgio Chiellini at the World Cup and he initially struggled for goals.

However, Suarez ended his La Liga drought in the 5-0 win over Cordoba at the weekend and Xavi is now expecting the striker to go from strength to strength.

"He has goals in his blood," the 34-year-old added. "He will start scoring more and more.

"The killer instinct he has reminds me a bit of Samuel Eto'o. He has that nastiness, that personality, that persistence.

"It was very unfair [that he did not get nominated for the Ballon d'Or list of 23]. He was punished for something that he had already been suspended for. But that should not have detracted from his sporting merit."

And so falls the cloud castles. Proud
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:24 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Here is the chart btw

https://i.imgur.com/AiuuNzC.jpg

Old man Xavi dead last Sad

Why are there so many top speeds vs elche?

Because it was the first game under Lucho and everyone was keen to impress. Also, I believe we were a man down, so we had to cover more field.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:43 am

“I’ve spoken about [Messi] for a long time and I will continue to speak about him,” Villa said. “For me, the best player in the world is Lionel Messi, whether he scores the most goals or not, because I have never seen anyone do what he does on the football pitch. I think he is the best in history because he is so unique and I’ve not seen anyone that can equal him.

“As for the (Ballon d’Or) criteria, I’m not really sure how it works. Sometimes it’s a World Cup year, sometimes it isn’t. Let them vote. For me, there is no doubt as to who is the best, year after year.”
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:08 pm

I know messi was faster then neymar :coffee:
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdar Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:05 pm

Since when Suarez became Maradona and people compare him with Messi? Do you really think Suarez can replace best ever player in best ever team? This is not Liverpool this is barcelona and he is among best players. He has no even half of Messi's finishing abilities. He has no half of Messi's dribbling or passing abilities. So how he replaces Messi and becomes better than him? Really some clones believe this?

Yes his some tricks looks great when all eyes and attention is on Messi. But what he will do when he is alone and all eyes are on him?

This is not EPL dude. This is la liga and theres no space. Dont expect liverpool Suarez in la liga. But of course the reason theres no space in la liga is Messi's fault

To replace Messi you need to be young and score after dribbling 6 players and score hat trick in el clasico and outshine your star team mates. So why crying?
Suarez is not confident with Messi? This is just big lol

Why didnt Messi feel pressure when he scored hat trick vs madrid? He had superstars around him Eto Deco and Ronaldinho. Just look at his third goal.he is so confident and brave.nobody can stop him.he showed Eto that he is not in his level and coach kicked out Eto. Let suarez show it and dont worry coach will kick out messi if suarez does something better. But untill now we didnt see it from any player

Believing is not reality. Stop believing. Let the player show his skills. If he can not it means he will do even worse when he is alone

adamdar
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by adamdar Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:21 pm

And who did become better when the star player left?
Did Raul become better when Zidane and R9 left?
Did Montella become better when Batistuta left?
Did Vieri become better when R9 left?
Any spurs player became better when bale left?
Any Milan or Inter player after Ibra left?
Any Valencia player after Villa left?
What happened when Kaka left?

I want just some examples. Its interesting how some of you believe that if main player leaves other player will be world beater. If you come into the team and outshine others and kick star player out then its clear. But when you struggle and people believe if some player leaves he can do better is a lie and bs
And in recent history no star player improved drsaticaly in their new la liga team. Especially No EPL player will become better in la liga. It never happened. So dont expect it from Suarez. No space in la liga. Its not messi's fault that players come flop and go.

Instead of analyzing these facts some people has one hobby : blame messi

adamdar
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:47 pm

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 17 1231-antoroc-cuzzo-isntagram-3

All that talent, but no taste.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 34 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25 ... 34  Next