Lionel Messi

+28
LeBéninois
BarcaLearning
Die Borussen
harhar11
Vapotrini
Gomez83
gondov
braylann
Valkyrja
_LMG_10_
Albiceleste
Rebaño Sagrado
Harmonica
Lord Awesome
FennecFox7
bocalegend
billionmillion
Doc
Onyx
jibers
Cotes
barca 2011
BarrileteCosmico
DuringTheWar
Sushi Master
Aensensen
Le Samourai
Beautiful Football
32 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Lionel Messi

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 2:57 am

Do you think any player from past 20 years can perform like messi in barca tiki taka system.i mean what he
did past four years.The only two player i can remember may be able to do that in their prime 1.Ronaldo
2.T.Henry. Not sure about Ronaldo though,he was too injury prone to stay healthy straight 4 years.
Thoughts ?

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 818
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 31, 2012 3:00 am

Del Piero and Totti to a certain degree.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 3:09 am

Le Samourai wrote:Del Piero and Totti to a certain degree.

Totti was never that much of goal scorer, as a player maker forward he was
amazing in his prime.Del Piero same as Totti.Remember messi is hell of a
dribbler none of above you mention are close to messi in dribbling.so not
sure. hmm

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 818
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Aensensen Thu May 31, 2012 4:16 am

Nedved :coffee:
Aensensen
Aensensen
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 595
Join date : 2011-11-22

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Sushi Master Thu May 31, 2012 4:23 am

Past 20 years?

Lionel Messi 150px-Boca_diego_retro

You'd even get NT performance.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 9392
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 33

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 31, 2012 4:24 am

Zico did retire until 94
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 4:30 am

Sushi Master wrote:Past 20 years?

Lionel Messi 150px-Boca_diego_retro

You'd even get NT performance.

He had chance with Barcelona.Didn't see messi like performance though. :coffee:

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 818
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 4:35 am

Le Samourai wrote:Zico did retire until 94

In Europe With Udinese his highest goals 30.when you are in brasil most of 70 and 80's
Brazilian were god.in Europe meh..specialy zico..Although Ronaldo
was good in Europe. :coffee:

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 818
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 31, 2012 4:42 am

So you create a thread to ask about players who perhaps could perform a similar role...but none of them are good enough?

OK.

Cool.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 4:49 am

Le Samourai wrote:So you create a thread to ask about players who perhaps could perform a similar role...but none of them are good enough?

OK.

Cool.
Did i say that? i believe only T.Henry Could do that as his arsenal Carrier suggests that
he was not only scorer but also provider aswell.Most importantly through out his Carrier
he was consistent unlike lot of superstar.And please this is only for club level.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 818
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by DuringTheWar Thu May 31, 2012 4:52 am

Beautiful Football wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Past 20 years?

Lionel Messi 150px-Boca_diego_retro

You'd even get NT performance.

He had chance with Barcelona.Didn't see messi like performance though. :coffee:

No xavi, no iniesta Very Happy

Seriously though, he scored 38 goals in 58 games at barca, not bad for an attacking midfielder that had to recover from a broken ankle and hepititus during that time
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2870
Join date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 4:54 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Past 20 years?

Lionel Messi 150px-Boca_diego_retro

You'd even get NT performance.

He had chance with Barcelona.Didn't see messi like performance though. :coffee:

No xavi, no iniesta Very Happy

Seriously though, he scored 38 goals in 58 games at barca, not bad for an attacking midfielder that had to recover from a broken ankle and hepititus during that time
he played as a inside forward though.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 818
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 31, 2012 4:54 am

Messi hasn't even had a consistent role.

You turned down Zico and Maradona but Ronaldo and Henry who play nothing like him can replace him lol.

I'm mad at the moment so I apologise for the earlier comment.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 11545
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 26

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 5:06 am

Le Samourai wrote:Messi hasn't even had a consistent role.

You turned down Zico and Maradona but Ronaldo and Henry who play nothing like him can replace him lol.

I'm mad at the moment so I apologise for the earlier comment.

its ok.But this is not you have to play exactly like messi.i am talking about performance and output.
Maradona maybe batter player than messi but i don't think he will be able to get those goals.
As he was more of a playmaker than a scorer.As for Zico, i am not impressed with his European carrier.
Trust me i have seen whole ronaldo carrier if this dude was not injury prone he would be my first choice.
From 1996-1999 Ronaldo was most devastating forward ever but if only his play making was bit better
he could probably better than even messi.So my only logical choice is henry.



Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 818
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 31, 2012 5:18 am

Maradona was football-wise fantastic for Barcelona, their best player, he just had an ongoing feud with president Nunez and had the professionalism of Tevez. One time, Nunez confiscated Maradona's passport (which is ilegal) and Maradona (who was with Schuster) threatened to start breaking 1 trophy a minute until they returned him his passport. After breaking one trophy, they returned it to him. It was ultimately this poor relationship with Nunez that caused him to exit.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 27918
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 32

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 5:23 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Maradona was football-wise fantastic for Barcelona, their best player, he just had an ongoing feud with president Nunez and had the professionalism of Tevez. One time, Nunez confiscated Maradona's passport (which is ilegal) and Maradona (who was with Schuster) threatened to start breaking 1 trophy a minute until they returned him his passport. After breaking one trophy, they returned it to him. It was ultimately this poor relationship with Nunez that caused him to exit.

when you had this you are not going to maintain 4 absolute monster
season in term of productivity.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 818
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by barca 2011 Thu May 31, 2012 5:25 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Maradona was football-wise fantastic for Barcelona, their best player, he just had an ongoing feud with president Nunez and had the professionalism of Tevez. One time, Nunez confiscated Maradona's passport (which is ilegal) and Maradona (who was with Schuster) threatened to start breaking 1 trophy a minute until they returned him his passport. After breaking one trophy, they returned it to him. It was ultimately this poor relationship with Nunez that caused him to exit.
LOL, El diego, say what u will, was quite a damn character. I hadn't heard that one but thats sure as hell his MO!!!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1755
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by DuringTheWar Thu May 31, 2012 5:44 am

Beautiful Football wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Past 20 years?

Lionel Messi 150px-Boca_diego_retro

You'd even get NT performance.

He had chance with Barcelona.Didn't see messi like performance though. :coffee:

No xavi, no iniesta Very Happy

Seriously though, he scored 38 goals in 58 games at barca, not bad for an attacking midfielder that had to recover from a broken ankle and hepititus during that time
he played as a inside forward though.

He had the skills to be a midfielder and a forward. He was a midfielder but he had the ability dribble past players and score goals so he kind of played as a forward at times as well

edit: that story about breaking trophies.... lol. I could only wonder what kind of player he would have been if he was more professional.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 2870
Join date : 2012-01-03

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 5:48 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Past 20 years?

Lionel Messi 150px-Boca_diego_retro

You'd even get NT performance.

He had chance with Barcelona.Didn't see messi like performance though. :coffee:

No xavi, no iniesta Very Happy

Seriously though, he scored 38 goals in 58 games at barca, not bad for an attacking midfielder that had to recover from a broken ankle and hepititus during that time
he played as a inside forward though.

He had the skills to be a midfielder and a forward. He was a midfielder but he had the ability dribble past players and score goals so he kind of played as a forward at times as well

edit: that story about breaking trophies.... lol. I could only wonder what kind of player he would have been if he was more professional.
if he was more professional he could have been twice as good as pele. :coffee:



Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 818
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by barca 2011 Thu May 31, 2012 5:51 am

Beautiful Football wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:
Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:Past 20 years?

Lionel Messi 150px-Boca_diego_retro

You'd even get NT performance.

He had chance with Barcelona.Didn't see messi like performance though. :coffee:

No xavi, no iniesta Very Happy

Seriously though, he scored 38 goals in 58 games at barca, not bad for an attacking midfielder that had to recover from a broken ankle and hepititus during that time
he played as a inside forward though.

He had the skills to be a midfielder and a forward. He was a midfielder but he had the ability dribble past players and score goals so he kind of played as a forward at times as well

edit: that story about breaking trophies.... lol. I could only wonder what kind of player he would have been if he was more professional.
if he was more professional he could have been twice as good as pele. :coffee:


He actually once said that had he not done as much drugs hew wouldve been better than Pele.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1755
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by barca 2011 Thu May 31, 2012 5:52 am

We should just have a sticky on here and title it
"Crazy s**t Maradona has done/said". Laughs for days.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 1755
Join date : 2011-06-07

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Beautiful Football Thu May 31, 2012 5:53 am

barca 2011 wrote:We should just have a sticky on here and title it
"Crazy s**t Maradona has done/said". Laughs for days.
lol eco smile

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona
Posts : 818
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Cotes Thu May 31, 2012 1:40 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Del Piero and Totti to a certain degree.

Totti was never that much of goal scorer, as a player maker forward he was
amazing in his prime.Del Piero same as Totti.Remember messi is hell of a
dribbler none of above you mention are close to messi in dribbling.so not
sure. hmm

then u obviously didn't know Del Piero before he broke his legs in 98...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 3597
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 30

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by jibers Thu May 31, 2012 2:27 pm

Lionel Messi 37329810
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United
Posts : 10232
Join date : 2011-06-06

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Onyx Thu May 31, 2012 3:09 pm

Benzema, Aguero, Neymar, Suarez, Rooney, Tevez?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 40110
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Lionel Messi Empty Re: Lionel Messi

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum