neuro11
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
Isaacb04
63 posters

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34

Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 34 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by alexjanosik Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:29 pm

Thank you for the memories. You have given us some incredible highs. Good luck in your next endeavor.
High praise Dani. I remember discussions long back when you used to say he was not the best and I used to think he was. Seems our views have changed lol. Hard for me to say he is the best. There are a few players I would pick over him.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 34 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by sportsczy Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:27 pm

And of course... Barca files a nonsense lawsuit to try and block Messi from joining the club he wants.

The class Laughing
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:52 am

The Franchise wrote:Now, it is clear he is leaving I am ready for the eulogy.  

As someone who wanted this to happen even sooner, I have to admit it was still pretty difficult to watch the live press conference. I did feel a level of sadness for him and for us as even though it is the right thing to do it will be difficult to accept and especially in these circumstances.

I am mostly sad for him because he is not leaving in the ideal way and not on the terms he deserves. The cycle was over at least 2 seasons ago, we were not going to have a team to match our standards with or without him but I think after everything he should have gone out in the "right way". But unfortunately, it has not been possible. I have said more than once, I wish he was 2 or 3 years older and he could simply hang it up but the timing just isn't there.

Alas, he has had an unequal impact on this club. His debut feels like not so long ago to me but when you count the years and the titles amassed you realise just how long it has been and how much he has accomplished.

There are so many moments I will always remember, I don't even want to attempt to name them all.

Like all the greats, he is ultra competitive and it will be a tough day if we are forced to meet him in battle. Perhaps then he will receive the fans adoration in the stadium for a final time.

it is obvious this is the best player in our history and likely the best player who ever played. We were lucky to have him for the years we did and I consider myself very fortunate to have been around to see his career in its entirety.

Well said  'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 34 Clapping-hands-sign_1f44f'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 34 Clapping-hands-sign_1f44f
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:54 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Thank you for the memories. You have given us some incredible highs. Good luck in your next endeavor.
High praise Dani. I remember discussions long back when you used to say he was not the best and I used to think he was. Seems our views have changed lol. Hard for me to say he is the best. There are a few players I would pick over him.

Perhaps I am impacted by the sad way in which he has left Laughing

Its difficult to choose honestly. This question of who is the best, I end up sitting on the fence without an answer im comfortable with anymore.

I am happy to say he is the best player in our history, or if not, surely the most impactful as a player alone.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:58 pm

sportsczy wrote:And of course...  Barca files a nonsense lawsuit to try and block Messi from joining the club he wants.

The class Laughing

To say "Barca" is a bit of a stretch, it is a lawyer on behalf of the club's members.

Just because Laporta is content on allowing Messi to leave free of burden doesnt mean these geniuses who indirectly caused this mess to begin with wouldnt object in some way considering who he would be going to.

If he could/wanted to go Man City I think we all know this would not happen.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:57 pm

It will feel so weird not to see him in Barca shirt week in week out. It may take a whole season to adjust to these new settings. But that's life. Good luck with your life at PSG. You and your extraordinary skills and goals will be followed as long as you play football.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 34 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34