neuro11
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
Khaled
Isaacb04
63 posters

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next

Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 7 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by Winter is Coming Tue 12 Nov - 0:36:53

:bow:

Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 7 Empty Re: 'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2

Post by The Franchise Tue 12 Nov - 1:02:00

futbol wrote:
The Franchise wrote:He is horrendous because he doesnt get any consistent minutes.

Was he horrendous last year?

Last year he wasn't horrendous but still not Barca quality. Just too 1-dimensional. I don't see what he adds except kick the ball 10 yards ahead, chase it and then shoot with his one and only finishing move - the Henry curler. Only use for him I see in this team is a 75 minute sub role when the team is leading by 3 goals and settles for the counterattack so he can use his pace.

Pedro-Neymar-Alexis
Cesc/Iniesta-Busquets-Xavi

That's what I'd do. 3 very fast and direct players upfront coupled with Fabregas' vision to spot their runs. Should end in fireworks. In games where more control is required Iniesta instead of Fabregas. That should win us every game until Christmas break (play the kids in the Copa and the last CL game).
I dont disagree with very much of that, I am myself almost convinced he cant be anything more than an impact sub for us. However, last season it was pretty consistent that he would come into the game and score goals or at least get into positions to score goals.

I am not saying he should start, just that right now with 3 players all playing well ahead of him he hasnt had any gametime and if he is going to be part of the squad he will need.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Tue 12 Nov - 1:45:30

well horrendous or not, he is going to have to start to step up now with Messi out, he will likely start to see more playing time.

We don't really have allot of depth up front. We rely on Messi being fit so much. If we start Pero-Neymar-Alexis, Tello as the sub on the wings....Cesc as a sub for Neymar if needed. That means Iniesta and Xavi will play allot more- with Cesc likely rotating with them. Messi going down means it's going to have on affect on Sergi and Tello....as they will both likely get time now due to us not having a ton of depth. I got a feeling we just keep using Neymar on the wing and Cesc as the false 9 until Messi returns. This will mean Sergi gets more time to back up Iniesta/Xavi when needed. It's become apparent Tata will use Song to sub out Xavi so Sergi will likely back up Iniesta if needed
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue 12 Nov - 1:50:57

Yeah I agree with Windkick.

---------------------------------------Valdes/Pinto
--------------------
Alves/Montoya/Adriano------Pique/Bartra----------Maschernao/Puyol------Alba/Adriano/Montoya
--------------------
--------------------------------------Buscuit/Song
--------------------
--------------------Xavi/Song/S.Roberto-------Iniesta/Cesc/S.Roberto
--------------------
-Sanchez/Pedro/Tello--------------Cesc/Neymar/Sanchez----------------Neymar/Pedro/Tello

should be our order of rotation without Messi.

it balances youth and rotates the squad well.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Qehbe1 Tue 12 Nov - 18:11:15

The reason behind Messi's ballon dors

Qehbe1
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed 13 Nov - 15:39:16

Messi's travelled 120,000km in 64 days! No wonder the Barca star is being given two months off to get back to his very best

Calculating the football matches and commercial commitments of the four times Ballon d’Or winner Madrid-based Diario AS has come up with the staggering figure of 122,333 km – that’s three times around the equator.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2504556/Lionel-Messi-travelled-120-000km-64-days-rested-months.html
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed 13 Nov - 18:37:41

Wish him a speedy recovery; animo Messi Sad
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu 14 Nov - 23:35:04

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 7 BZCedaHCQAAMB0S

Messi brother posted this on twitter lol

"Several players have a shot at winning the Ballon d'Or," Ibrahimovic told reporters.

"Ribery has had an amazing year and won everything there is to win. Then, there's Messi, who is pure talent and was born to do this – he's not a product of training. Ronaldo is also playing great.

"There are a fair few players performing at a high level, though from one week to the next, it's hard to look past Ronaldo and Messi."

-- Ibra

"Leo can never be ruled out. This is an election in which people vote. He has won four and won the appreciation of the whole world," he told Mundo Deportivo.

"If he wins, I will laugh, a lot. I'm a big fan of Leo, I've always said that. If we evaluate his year, he's been spectacular again.

"I'm not saying that Cristiano has not done well or taking anything away from Ribery."

-- Pique

The goalkeeper said: "He is the best there is and he always will be, for what he has given to this team and what he has made me experience as his team-mate.

"For me, Barca will always depend on him because he is the best in the world.

"To me he seems sad. By defect we players are selfish and we can't understand it when we can't play.

"Knowing him and the winner he is I have no doubt what he will now put into recovering, in fact he is already doing so."

-- Valdes

"Am I one of the outsiders for the Ballon d'Or? I could probably do with a bit more support," Ribery was quoted as saying by Le 10 Sport.

"I get the impression that the people in France seem to prefer Messi and Ronaldo and I really wonder why.

"I have been very strong in 2013, I was consistent all year and I won a lot of trophies. It would be a great honour for me, for my family and for my kids."

-- Ribery
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat 16 Nov - 9:17:16

Just read the article about Messi on Soccernet, Sad Its depressing, if true it is worrying. But I hope this is just an observation and who knows how bad it is. If he rests for the next couple of months well and fully recovers than it should be fine.

Interesting details about Iniesta prior to the WC too. We never know just how detailed the injuries and events, the mental side players go through behind the scenes...

Best wishes to Messi for a full recovery!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 17 Nov - 3:39:01

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/laliga/id/1136/latest-injury-a-turning-point-moment-for-messi?cc=5901

I'm not sure if this article has been discussed before, but it verbalizes something I've thought for a long time. Messi's injuries are not due to higher amount of pressing but due to the lower oversight the team has lost since Pep, especially as Brau was promoted and no longer has the responsibility to oversee everything Messi does.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri 22 Nov - 11:06:17

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/11/21/4422935/messi-berbatov-to-barcelona-is-impossible?ICID=CP_125

is it really his place to make coments like this?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Fri 22 Nov - 12:58:30

Invented quotes? I have not seen that interview in any spanish newspaper.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue 3 Dec - 10:30:43

'The Messiah' - Lionel Messi V.2 - Page 7 BahbOD7CcAAd_MB

Started training out on the pitch, running and kicking the ball. His physical condition, optically, looks top.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat 7 Dec - 20:40:58

Hope he's not rushed back
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed 11 Dec - 23:53:06

Hunter: Rossell is trying to force Messi out of the club

http://talksport.com/football/hunter-rosell-trying-force-messi-out-barcelona-13121171454#YfqekOy3kwTwblYM.99
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed 11 Dec - 23:56:19

Won't happen. Catalonia will send Rosell out before Messi.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu 12 Dec - 0:29:59

Winter is Coming wrote:Won't happen. Catalonia will send Rosell out before Messi.  

You underestimate Barcelona managements stupidity. Knowing Barcelonas history it wouldn't surprise me 1 bit
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu 12 Dec - 0:33:30

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Hunter: Rossell is trying to force Messi out of the club

http://talksport.com/football/hunter-rosell-trying-force-messi-out-barcelona-13121171454#YfqekOy3kwTwblYM.99

I can't believe this at all. You must be insane if you want to force out Messi .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu 12 Dec - 0:58:12

rubbish! If Rosell thinks about it, I am flying to Barcelona to kick the shit of Rosell!
and Its not a joke...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu 12 Dec - 1:18:49

The rumour is flying around Catalonia that indeed Rosell board is not in good terms with Messi.

Recently, our stupid financial director Javier faus, said that Messi didn't deserve a new agreement because "this gentlemen's" agreement had been renewed 6 months ago. Treating someone of " this gentlemen" in spanish is slighlty derogatory.

Last edited by free_cat on Fri 20 Dec - 11:03:38; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat 14 Dec - 14:35:52

I dont see how saying that they havent contacted Messi for a new deal implies that they want Messi out.
Rosell is perfectly within his rights not to offer a new deal.
Messi signed a new deal just last year.So why should he want a new one already?If he wants one just because CR got a new better deal,then he should also give up a part of his image rights as CR.
Else he can be satisfied with his current deal and earn a new deal through performances on the pitch(which he has done many times previously).

At the moment Rosell is completely right in not offering a new deal just because CR got one.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat 14 Dec - 15:08:45

You can just say "this is a private matter to be discussed with the player".
And especially not say "este señor" which is slightly derogatory in Spanish.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat 14 Dec - 17:24:47

I am not aware of the term.If its a derogatory term,then he shouldnt have used it.
And in Rosell's defense,he has also said Messi will be there as long as he is president.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat 14 Dec - 17:56:09

The rumours are flying around for quite a while now that Messi is unhappy because Nerman is inofficially on higher wages than him. € 7M official. And € 40M sign-on bonus which would basically mean additional € 8M a year considering a 5 year contract so he'd be on € 15M a year total. Messi is on € 12M. So his entourage is spreading these "Messi to Bayern", "Adidas to buy out his contract", "Rosell to force Messi out of the club" etc. rumours. Unfortunately for him he's contracted until 2018 when he will be 31 and his buyout including VAT would exceed € 300M which no one could afford, not even oil clubs. So I don't see what he can do about it except get on with it. His ego won't allow him to play shitty either or Ronaldo will win the Ballon d'Or every year ahead of him.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Sat 14 Dec - 18:11:19

When adding the signing on bonus,it does make Neymar's compensation excessive.But I dont think that could have been helped considering Perez was sniffing around.
It is a significant coup by Rosell to get Neymar ahead of Perez and haggling over the bonus would have ended up with Neymar going to Madrid.

I can see why it would upset Messi a bit but officially he is still the best paid player at the club.And he renewed just last year.And we are already on astronomical wages.Just cant give in to Messi's demands.he should put his head down and keep playing the way he has been.If he does that I am sure he will be offered a better contract in a year or so down the line.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 14 Dec - 18:43:04

Didn't Messi's father deny that they wanted to re-negotiate the contract? scratch
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 34 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 20 ... 34  Next