Ali
tsgooner1
Sri
Jay29
9 posters

Go down

Home Form Empty Home Form

Post by Guest 8/7/2011, 21:58

Alrighty, so from an outsider point of view, before last season...anytime Arsenal was hosting a other than top 4 team....I would have counted it as buying money in terms of betting. Cuz even before your end of the season bottling, or EVEN during that period, at least you'd always smash those mid table and lower teams at Emarites....It was something I always envied, cuz you seemed to beat them so effortlessly (not as effortless as United win @ OT, but that's another story).

Whay do you think changed last summer that even during your great months this year...you still had occasional problems against teams @ Emarites ?

I mean so many stupid dropped points

2-3 loss vs Brom
2-3 loss vs Spurs
1-2 loss vs Villa
0-1 loss vs Newcastle (I don't blame you for that one, cuz you were dealing with an all time great :coffee: )
0-0 draws vs BBurn and Sunderland when both teams were on horrible losing runs
and even your wins there weren't as comfy
1-0 last min goal vs WHam
2-1 vs Birmingham in a game where it was very nervy in the end
2-1 vs Fulham
2-1 vs Everton

so unArsenal-esque. I remember you lot used to get at a lot of over 2+ margin victories at Emarites seasons before...what happened in Summer of 2010 that your home form dropped so badly ?

Was it lack of Gallas ? Cesc's dropped form ? matchgoing fans being not supportive enough? other teams read your style and neutralized you. ..?

what do you think the reason for your disappointing home form was and how do you think you should fix it for the upcoming campaign ?

Back to top Go down

Home Form Empty Re: Home Form

Post by Jay29 8/7/2011, 22:11

The general consensus last year was that the team was simply too complacent at home. The sheer number of poor performances could probably be attributed to the team not putting in the required effort to beat the smaller teams, since they're so used to these teams just sitting back and letting Arsenal play them off the park.

When we lost a couple at home to teams we really should have been beating, it had this sort of knock on effect where similar teams no longer fear us; they know we're beatable.

This lack of work ethic had a negative effect on our play; passing became predictable, forwards weren't moving enough, finsihing wasn't clinical enough and the defence vunerable.

Then most of the players began to lose confidence and form, and it all just became one giant clusterfuck of problems.

Next season the team simply has to work harder at home and reinstill that fear factor by being more incisive with their passing and clinical with their finishing. I'm sure it'll improve once the confidence returns in the players. A few convincing home performances will surely get the crowd back on their side as well.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on 8/7/2011, 22:33; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri 8/7/2011, 22:32

Simple answer. Those shite teams just got lucky. :coffee:

Everyone has a bad day once in a while. We just had one to many. Razz

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 8/7/2011, 22:47

COMPLACENCY!!!!!!!!

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ali 8/7/2011, 22:56

Denilson
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman 8/7/2011, 23:13

Funnily enough, you can take a look at these results that happened in the Emirates as well:

Arsenal 1 - 0 United
Arsenal 3 - 1 Chelsea
Arsenal 2 - 1 Barcelona
Arsenal 6 - 0 Blackpool

So you see, its not that there is something that is "horribly wrong" with the squad or the players. We hadn't beaten United and Chelsea for like 3 years or something and we had never beaten Barcelona in our 125 years of history.

So to try and pin it on a single player leaving or another under-performing makes very little sense to me
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman 9/7/2011, 01:26

ali8775 wrote:Denilson
He barely played during our awful run.

I think the boys sometimes feared losing too much in games they were expected to win, especially at the end of the season.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. 9/7/2011, 02:21

I think ali's just playing the scapegoat game again (:

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiwigunner 9/7/2011, 05:13

Complacency, Cesc not being there, teams realising that we can't do shit when they park the bus.
Kiwigunner
Kiwigunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by usman111 9/7/2011, 07:44

Sepi wrote:

2-3 loss vs Brom------------------West brom were attacking and pressing, they were not giving arsenal players space to play. that means the passing style was not working. it was more of tactical win because lower league team usually try and defend against us at emirates. this was a surprise as they were pressing right to our defenders and arsenal were in no mans land. this loss gave many lower league sides confident they could beat us and so it was ripple effect.

2-3 loss vs Spurs------------------Here arsenal took it easy and to maintain the same passing style it requires 100% concentration which was not there. A younous Kaboul goal at the end showing our lack of dominance in set pieces.

1-2 loss vs Villa------------Kosic and Clichy were injured. Loss of confidence. Vermaelan not match fit and gibbs poor in positioning. two through balls did the damage.

0-1 loss vs Newcastle (I don't blame you for that one, cuz you were dealing with an all time great :coffee: )
------------ Loss against Shaktar Away in champs league

0-0 draws vs BBurn and Sunderland when both teams were on horrible losing runs
and even your wins there weren't as comfy---------------- teams defending against arsenal lack of creativity due to less confidence

usman111
usman111
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down