RealGunner
Lex
Jay29
Raptorgunner
REWB
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

will wenger make us a title challenging side this season?

Do you believe in Wenger? Vote_lcap53%Do you believe in Wenger? Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 17 ]
Do you believe in Wenger? Vote_lcap47%Do you believe in Wenger? Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 15 ]

Total Votes : 32

Do you believe in Wenger? Empty Do you believe in Wenger?

Post by REWB Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:11 pm

1st question: Do you believe Wenger will buy the players we need this summer to us a title wining or at least challenging side?

2nd question: Do you believe that Wenger will actually make a marquee signing?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in Wenger? Empty Re: Do you believe in Wenger?

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:13 pm

I think I am starting to believe in Wenger again not sure why but I have a good feeling about Arsenal this year.Suspect
In Arsenal I love.
In Wenger I trust.

In the Board I dont love or trust.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:24 pm

Signs at the moment are pointing to "no" on both, but I'm prepared to be patient and see what happens.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:25 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I think I am starting to believe in Wenger again not sure why but I have a good feeling about Arsenal this year.Suspect
In Arsenal I love.
In Wenger I trust.

tbh i had that exact feeling last year...and the year before that...and the year before that one too.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:28 pm

REWB wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:I think I am starting to believe in Wenger again not sure why but I have a good feeling about Arsenal this year.Suspect
In Arsenal I love.
In Wenger I trust.

tbh i had that exact feeling last year...and the year before that...and the year before that one too.

I know but some how I feel we have moved on. We have a great team and for the first time it looks like we will keep all our best players and that is better than any signing imo.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:35 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
REWB wrote:
In Arsenal I love.
In Wenger I trust.

I know but some how I feel we have moved on. We have a great team and for the first time it looks like we will keep all our best players and that is better than any signing imo.

ahh, you have "Seeingyourteamplaygreatinmeaninglessfriendlyagainstcrapteams" syndrome, my friend. you need to fight it, it could mess you up for the season.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:41 pm

To be fair to the team, they did go on an unbeaten 10 game run towards the end of the season. The fundamentals are there, we just need to strengthen what we have
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:44 pm

1) Yes. I do believe we will eventually sign players that will make us stronger.

2) I do believe we will sign 1 if not 3 marquee players.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:41 am

im positive
there is no excuse
Come On Arsene!
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:28 am

if we manage to keep all our players and sign a few additions, a midfielder, a gk and a striker/backup the squad looks strong.. i am not sure whether we will make that marquee signing that most of the fans hope for more than 30 million for one player..
but i am sure he will do what is the best for the club.. the intent to strengthen the team is there as it has been confirmed that we have had 30 million bids last winter and this summer.. so he is not hesitant to spend on quality players.. but in a market where Falcao goes for 50million, Cavani for 54million, a wantaway player Higuain is supposed to cost 37 million, i wont complain if we fail to sign one among that marquee shortlist by the media..
In Arsene I Trust...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:15 am

I do. The reason this season has more to look forward to than any in the past few years is that we don't have to do any rebuilds or scramble and sign whoever just to replace who we lost.

We know where the team stands and the first time in years we know exactly what must improve. Its not a crap shoot where we weren't sure how player x would be without player y, or how the loss or addition of a certain player would effect the team.

We know what must be done. Wenger knows what we need to address. Ill still have hope that he'll give what the team needs

Not only do we know what we need. The players that we actually want to sign will too. I mean players don't exactly want to join a sinking ship. Hearing "Oh that teams loosing their best player" Isn't exactly enticing for players who want to come in and win. We've laid the ground work and have the fundamentals needed we just need that x factor quality to push us over the edge and I think players understand that. I think they know that we have more to spend now than, well ever. So even if not everything happens this window. Its a process. We can afford who we want and are in a better position to keep who we want to keep.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:39 pm

He is playing a dangerous game, If you guys get a Striker and a Defender then you can easily challenge for the title, After Yanited, You guys perform best under pressure.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:14 am

REWB wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
REWB wrote:

ahh, you have "Seeingyourteamplaygreatinmeaninglessfriendlyagainstcrapteams" syndrome, my friend. you need to fight it, it could mess you up for the season.

Laughing so true, people quickly forget how awful we were at times last season, even a Rooney or Suarez, is not going to make up the 20 + points difference between us and an AVERAGE utd team last season.

DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:51 pm

I believe he's looking to 'strengthen'. However, his definition of strengthening is somewhat different from most people's.

As far as in concerned, Wenger and his cronies can't be entirely trusted. Does anyone remember the 'stadium is ring fenced' reference? Lo and behold, I still have idiot armchair "supporters" blaming the stadiums construction as to why we haven't been able to flex our financial muscle. That nonsense couldn't be more further from the truth.

A friend of mine actually believes that we won't sign anyone worth getting excited about till January. I don't even want to envisage the anger this would produce; burning effergies outside the emirates like we're Partizan Belgrade? Pa! Just imagine.

Anyway, I've said it all along and I'll continue to reiterate my stance: Wenger should've left Arsenal a long time ago, if not after the loss to Birmingham. Cue Man City x Wigan and the inevitable banishing of Mancini.

We desperately need to buy a striker (Higuain, Martinez)    a DM ( Gustavo or Fernando, Porto. Or someone), a Defender (Otamendi)
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:16 pm

so 10/12 of you think we will challenge for the title this season?
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:17 pm

I believe in him keeping us in the champions league spot again and getting close to the top two but a title challenge will be too much.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:54 am

EL Patron wrote:I believe in him keeping us in the champions league spot again and getting close to the top two but a title challenge will be too much.

Agreed, will be fighting for 3rd and 4th place. I cant see us beating City. Look at the player they have signed, they have a good manager and already had a great team.

We need at least 3/4 top players to challenge, on WC player wont change much.

The only reason I have a good feeling about us is that it looks like we will spend big and by the look of it future is bright.

One area that Arsenal has done well in this transfer window, is the clearing out of deadwood.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by anirudhkitt Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:46 pm

Since Arsenal's transfer policy i so closed, no one really knows if Arsenal will make a signing or not.

Having said that, if Arsenal can sign a good forward and bolster up the defense (DM/Defender), then definitely i can see Arsenal pushing for the title. Wenger is a great coach. I really really wanted you guys to get Higuain. Sad
anirudhkitt
anirudhkitt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:54 pm

REWB wrote:so 10/12 of you think we will challenge for the title this season?
If we can sign the players we are after well have a fighters chance I believe

So basically, "All we need is a little bit of energon, and a lot of luck"-Optimus
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:06 pm

I don't know that a league title challenge is quite on the table this season ... but for various, obvious reasons I'm much more optimistic now than I have been the last few summers.

Let's remind ourselves too that for several seasons early in the current trophyless spell, Arsenal actually started very strong and did challenge for things (even if no trophies resulted). '07-'08 was super-exciting at first, but it also exhibited the stereotype that hung around for a few years that the Arsenal squad were mentally fragile, and despite near-greatness just couldn't hang on in the final stretch of a competition. Things have been reversed the last few seasons, where Arsenal have started poorly and looked a shambles but exhibited a lot of intestinal fortitude to finish top 4 in their late season runs. They earned that mental strength. Twisted Evil But how a team starts & finishes a season can really change perceptions.

So do I think Arsenal will compete seriously for the league this year? It's possible, but probably not. Maybe in '14-'15 if things go well. Do I still believe in Wenger, and think we have a good chance of winning one of the cups? Yep. And that's why I voted yes in the poll.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:27 pm

THIS GUY NEEDS TO GTFO! I DONT CARE IF HE HAS TAKEN US TO TOP 4 I WANT MY CLUB TO PROGRESS, F*CK HIM. I AM AN ARSENAL FAN NOT A WENGER FAN.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:21 pm

In Arsenal I love.
In Wenger I trust.

In Wenger never trust.
:facepalm: Laughing
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:25 pm

No matter how supportive of AW we've(not me) all been over the years, there is NO excuse for us being so short on bodies AGAIN. I wont be surprised if Kos request transfer if we dont make CL next week.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:05 am

I still do
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Saw this on Twitter, thought I'd share it.

Ricky Gee ‏@GeezyPeas 5m

Yeah, yeah, let Wenger go & who can we get? Manchester United, the biggest club in the world got David Moyes. Who are we going to get?

Name all the managers in the world, if they're that great & available, why didn't Manchester United get them? Please tell me.

People call me deluded because I love Wenger, which I do but if you think we can get better right now, you need more help than I do.
For me, this summer window has been badly mismanaged, by the club. There might be peripheral mitigating circumstances - e.g., maybe Pere Guardiola inadvertently misled Arsenal about Suarez's clause, maybe Gustavo really truly was set upon staying in Germany and being a key player, etc. But none of these things add up to an excuse. As a person who is generally very supportive of Wenger, I can hold up my hands and admit when he's messed up.

And I think this summer he's messed up. Maybe there will be some salvaging in the next two weeks, but when compared to what the club could have done, and should have done ... it will be small potatoes.

That all said, I'm still not really comfortable for these kneejerk calls for Wenger's head. And I reprinted the Ricky Gee quotes above because I really don't think there are many managers who will be able to come into Arsenal (and, on the flipside, that Arsenal could entice) and do a better job than Wenger right now. We all love Jurgen Klopp, yes, but it's a bit arrogant to just assume that if Wenger leaves Arsenal by next summer, and Arsenal are floundering, Kloppo will leave his project at Dortmund & come running. So aside from Klopp ... who?

A few years back, there were vocal calls for the likes of Martin mother-effin O'Neill to replace Wenger.

Think about that for a second.

I'm wary of just bashing Wenger and thinking that if he goes, the club will automatically improve. At the same time, I totally agree with the negative voices that changes and improvements must be made.

Over in the general thread some people were advocating a Director of Football, something along those lines. Just an open question. What do you all think of this?
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum