Rebaño Sagrado
urbaNRoots
guest7
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Isco vs Özil Empty Isco vs Özil

Post by guest7 Thu 27 Jun - 20:08:12

Since these two will be battling for the AM spot next season... Who would you choose as your AM?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Isco vs Özil Empty Re: Isco vs Özil

Post by urbaNRoots Thu 27 Jun - 20:18:26

lol :facepalm:

Özil is the one of the best AM's in the world, what do you expect people to say?
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu 27 Jun - 20:25:05

Ozil by far
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Thu 27 Jun - 20:25:12

So soon. It's like comparing Thiago with Iniesta.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Thu 27 Jun - 20:27:36

Both will be starting. I'm pretty sure during the course of a match both will get minutes at AM.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu 27 Jun - 20:38:37

Ozil by far lol.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Thu 27 Jun - 20:40:48

I don't see how they will fit together. They are occupying the same spaces. Even worse if they really buy Bale. There is no way to accommodate Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema, Isco, Özil in 1 lineup. Madrid bought him just because Isco is Spanish. lol

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Thu 27 Jun - 20:44:59

Isco can play out wide without it hindering his performance
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Thu 27 Jun - 20:55:27

godzil easy
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu 27 Jun - 21:34:45

I guess I'm the only one with a different opinion

Özil's 3 years in madrid can be described with 1 word: inconsistent. Hence why I think Isco will replace him. I don't even think Özil is more talented, they're both equally talented. You guys are forgetting how KAKA out of all players could bench Özil... Imagine what Isco could do to take the starting spot from Özil.

In the end, Isco will be our starting AM becouse he is actually consistent, while Özil hasn't been so other than 1 single season (his first)
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu 27 Jun - 21:48:24

Ozil was better in the 2011-12 than 10-11.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu 27 Jun - 23:00:13

A battle would disappoint me deeply. They compliment each other and would enjoy playing together.

Isco has not been a model of consistency either - I saw more consistency from Ozil year before last than I saw in Isco this season.

Kaka has never at any point outplayed Ozil or merited being put on the same pitch as the players around him - his place was borne out of desperation, injuries or both and not due to any perceived inconsistency on Ozil's part.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri 28 Jun - 3:10:42

ozil flopped in a few games. But he wasnt total crap this season
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MadridiCanada Fri 28 Jun - 4:13:12

lol Ozil is best AM in the world.

but Isco is the future iniesta. he is stilll very youg
MadridiCanada
MadridiCanada
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri 28 Jun - 19:25:15

Le Samourai wrote:Isco has not been a model of consistency either - I saw more consistency from Ozil year before last than I saw in Isco this season..

DO you mean performing well one game and then bad another, or just disappearing during games? Because i noticed the latter. He is still young though and it seems to happen to a lot of youngsters were they just don't get involved for periods of time.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri 28 Jun - 20:02:13

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Isco has not been a model of consistency either - I saw more consistency from Ozil year before last than I saw in Isco this season..

DO you mean performing well one game and then bad another, or just disappearing during games? Because i noticed the latter. He is still young though and it seems to happen to a lot of youngsters were they just don't get involved for periods of time.

You hit the nail on the head. I can only recall a couple games where he simply played poorly but on many occasions he drifts out of the game. Maybe it's because he's young and the task of carrying a team offensively is exhausting.

Still it's worrying considering the likelihood of similar issues is amplified by the expected withdrawal of touches and opportunities. This occurred while the entire team was playing through him, one can only expect it will be a bigger problem with us.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri 28 Jun - 20:44:40

Whenever I've watched Isco I've noticed that he disappears from the game way too often.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri 28 Jun - 20:53:09

Most AMs disappears from the game.... its just how its always been because where they are effective its impossible for them to be always there controlling the game like a CM.

As for the question i personally believe they will play together but obviously you pick Ozil over Isco at this point.

Also i think people will be surprised what type of player Isco is over the next few years..... he's very Kaka like and i don't think many people realise that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri 28 Jun - 21:28:04

He isnt Kaka like dude, Kaka is a player who was a great dribbler on the run and with a Fantastic shooting ability.

While isco is no where near as agile/quick as Kaka nor does he try those fast run at the defense type attacks..he is extremely good dribbler in tight spaces and relay on technique rather than pace for his dribbling and he has just a good shot nothing comparable to kaka..he is like a silva/iniesta hybrid to me.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri 28 Jun - 21:41:57

Isco is by no means like Kaka.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Fri 28 Jun - 22:04:51

Le Samourai wrote:You hit the nail on the head. I can only recall a couple games where he simply played poorly but on many occasions he drifts out of the game. Maybe it's because he's young and the task of carrying a team offensively is exhausting.

Still it's worrying considering the likelihood of similar issues is amplified by the expected withdrawal of touches and opportunities. This occurred while the entire team was playing through him, one can only expect it will be a bigger problem with us.

Well at Madrid he wont have to carry that burden by himself. Ozil and isco will have to share the ball but I think both will benefit. Ozil has basically been the only creator on the team since he arrived and now he has someone that will help him carry the load. Ozil no matter how inconsistent he can be is still a amazing player and can help Isco grow. if these two can click...oh lawd Shocked
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri 28 Jun - 22:13:38

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Most AMs disappears from the game.... its just how its always been because where they are effective its impossible for them to be always there controlling the game like a CM.

As for the question i personally believe they will play together but obviously you pick Ozil over Isco at this point.

Also i think people will be surprised what type of player Isco is over the next few years..... he's very Kaka like and i don't think many people realise that.

Kaka might seem an odd comparison but it's a valid one. I think he's more adaptable than Kaka - he'll be a better passer and can adapt to different systems well but the main point is probably he's an excellent dribbler with a automatic shot. But there are divergences, if nothing else just the fact that he's very comfortable in a passing game seems to indicate that.

It will be interesting to see if Acelotti uses him in that mold because it's a very channeled one. I'm hoping he focuses on eliminating both Ozil's and Isco's weaknesses rather than emphasizing their strengths. Both have the potential to be much more versatile than they are at the moment.

@Rebano - Once he works on his passing being here will definitely help. I'm looking for a complete skill set from our attackers - I trust Ozil, Isco and Benz to make good decisions with the ball so the most important thing for them is to develop the range of skills necessary to compliment each and capitalize on what they create. So Ozil needs to be a better scorer, Benz needs to be a better passing option off the ball and Isco needs to be a better/more willing passer - that's probably a simplistic model of what they need to work on.

Not expecting that next season but it's my long term hope.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Fri 28 Jun - 23:21:06

Isco will have the longetivity that Kaka lacked but his 'peak' as a footballer will be nowhere near as high.

He doesn't have Kaka's strength, power and pace nor is he anywhere near as devastating in transition as Kaka was in his prime. Doubt he'll be a consistent goalscorer as well.

How about we see if he's as good as Mata, Silva and Cazorla before we starting comparing him to Kaka.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by MadridiCanada Fri 28 Jun - 23:37:18

Isco = Mix of Iniesta and Silva
MadridiCanada
MadridiCanada
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat 29 Jun - 0:55:01

Isco doesn't really need pace, power and strength in order to be better than Kaka.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next