Why is South America so far behind Europe?

+16
The Sanchez
Red Alert
sbaggio
Pedram
M99
Dnmac4
Berbatov
FalcaoPunch
elitedam
Sushi Master
Collblanc
BarrileteCosmico
Ganso
Kick
Rebaño Sagrado
Clockwork Orange
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why  is South America so far behind Europe? Empty Why is South America so far behind Europe?

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:08 am

I just watched the Argentina vs Ecquador match. I had to suffer for 90 minutes, but I endured because no matter the primitive state it is played in, it is still part of the larger footballing organism. The football on show was abysmal. Brazil, the place wrongly referred to as the spiritual home of our treasured game, are the hosts of arguably, the most prestigious competition in our sport in the form of the world cup.

Brazil terrible and every single south american team I have seen have been terrible. Is anything being done there at grass roots level? I think that they need to start a structural change and start introducing modern footballing concepts there in order for the nature of the beast to change.

Any thoughts?
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Why  is South America so far behind Europe? Empty Re: Why is South America so far behind Europe?

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:13 am

SA qualifiers is as hard as it gets. Nobody gives a damn about playing pretty its do or die...

also in on roll bread
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Why  is South America so far behind Europe? Empty Re: Why is South America so far behind Europe?

Post by Kick Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:15 am

Germany and Spain are miles ahead of anyone else in terms of youth system structures and producing quality all over the pitch. it's not just Europe being better than South America, it's just a few countries being better than the rest.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:27 am

Germany and Spain are above every NT.After that, its a free for all, anyone can beat anyone from south America vs europe.No,we arent "far" behind european teams
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:30 am

The Netherlands are still the best at youth development imo. They have the most advanced infrastructure (albeit it's easier with a high population density and smaller numbers).

In any case obvious troll is obvious.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:31 am

Ganso wrote:Germany and Spain are above every NT.After that, its a free for all, anyone can beat anyone from south America vs europe.No,we arent "far" behind european teams

Your players are mediocre, you play with no tactics. No surprise that Germany and Spain have incorporated the underlying Michel principles in order to take their teams to the next level.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:32 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The Netherlands are still the best at youth development imo. They have the most advanced infrastructure (albeit it's easier with a high population density and smaller numbers).

I wouldn't call them the best simply due to their lack of quality in certain areas, they do produce great talents from different countries though.

Spain and Germany are the best at producing their own talent.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:34 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:The Netherlands are still the best at youth development imo. They have the most advanced infrastructure (albeit it's easier with a high population density and smaller numbers).

As an Argentine, a Barcelona fan and a man that is well versed in Cruyff's philsophy you have eyes that can see through the unseen. Like kal el from krypton, you are able to decipher the mysteries of the tactical conundrum

I am glad you recognise our youth set up. The problem is that most of our youth players are now being poched at young ages.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:35 am

Its so obvious this guy is a troll, it took me a while to realize that
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:47 am

Again with the Cruyff and Michels... :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:02 am

What?

You think this is pussy level European groups? This is the hardest group to qualify in, worldwide.

Just because the teams don't play pretty does not mean they are bad teams... just check out most players: pretty much all play in top leagues.

The standard has been to grind out results. Draws are much more preferable to loses.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:12 am

Se7en wrote:your trolling attempts are too obvious, 3/10 troll, please read some of jibers or huntsman posts and analyze them then come back
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:19 am

Anyone remember which region had the most team pull out of the group stages in the last World Cup? Pretty sure it was Conmebol, and it would have been more if two SA didn't face each other early on
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Berbatov Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:20 am

Every time I click on one of this guy's topics, I bet I would see "Cruijffian", "Michels", "Dutch principles/philosophies", "Ajax", or "Van Gaal". ffs
Berbatov
Berbatov
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Real Betis

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:23 am

He's comparing two of the best national teams in the world to South American teams.

Compare them to North America, rest of Europe, Africa, and Asia and tell me how they fair compared to Germany and Spain.
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:06 am

I'm just wondering who all these great Young Dutch players are?

I have been saying this for the last 2-3 years compared to what the Dutch normally produce and compared to what these South American countries you want to put down produce the Dutch are lagging behind in there player development of late.

I mean if you want to talk about production of world class players you need to look no further then South America. Hell, Uruguay has 3 million people and they have 3 world class strikers and they may not even make the World Cup. It's like that all over the place in South America.

The Dutch should concentrate on putting out more young talent then Belgium and not concern themselves with the droves of talent coming out of South America.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:09 am

elitedam wrote:
Se7en wrote:your trolling attempts are too obvious, 3/10 troll, please read some of jibers or huntsman posts and analyze them then come back

scratch

You want me to emulate a poster that consistently gets banned for his lack of knowledge and a poster who clealry doesn't know his left from his right, and switches alleigences at the first sign of trouble? Suggestions like that are the reason this forum is in its darkest days.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:13 am

Clockwork Orange wrote:
elitedam wrote:

scratch

You want me to emulate a poster that consistently gets banned for his lack of knowledge and a poster who clealry doesn't know his left from his right, and switches alleigences at the first sign of trouble? Suggestions like that are the reason this forum is in its darkest days.

Forum in it's darkest days? rofl
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:17 am

Dnmac4 wrote:I'm just wondering who all these great Young Dutch players are?

I have been saying this for the last 2-3 years compared to what the Dutch normally produce and compared to what these South American countries you want to put down produce the Dutch are lagging behind in there player development of late.

I mean if you want to talk about production of world class players you need to look no further then South America. Hell, Uruguay has 3 million people and they have 3 world class strikers and they may not even make the World Cup. It's like that all over the place in South America.

The Dutch should concentrate on putting out more young talent then Belgium and not concern themselves with the droves of talent coming out of South America.

I completely agree with your hypothesis. After we went public as a company, the AFC Ajax board decided to go against the clubs ingrained traditions and started to buy a lot of foreign players. They failed to invest i our youth set up and this has been one of the darkest period in our history. We went on for a long time without even winning aleague title. All this has changed since Frank de Boer came back. He has started re-restructuring our youth system and improved our scouting range. He is of course following both the Crujffist and van Gaal principles and is trying his best to be the mediatoe between the opposing forces. It is so far working with Ajax returning back to the way were have been playing since Rinus Michels. We are playing football that is in the DNA of the club. Perhaps Barcelona's rebirth under Guardiola is partiall responsible for the board finally deciding to follow Cruijff's vision and embrace it.

I expect us to be challenging for the champions league within the next 10-15 years. It will take a while for the youth system to be up to scratch again.
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:42 am

Guys just go to the grassroots UEFAwebsite and spend an hour looking at the videos of way the KNVB organizes their youth development, community involvement, coach training, etc. They might not produce the best players, but they're competing with countries with 4x more people, and 35x in Brazil's case. They're light years ahead of some countries, South American ones included but also other European nations. Messi said he never had a tactical training until he set foot in Barca (not to say newell's youth is bad, they've produced talents like batistuta and valdano, after all).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:36 pm

I agree the forum is in it's dark age, but that's because of you.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 pm

I cant believe this Dutch guy is a Van Gaal fan - what the hell did he do that was so great? He copied everything from everyone and says; 'Look what I did!'.
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm

Clockwork Orange wrote:

As an Argentine, a Barcelona fan and a man that is well versed in Cruyff's philsophy you have eyes that can see through the unseen. Like kal el from krypton, you are able to decipher the mysteries of the tactical conundrum

I am glad you recognise our youth set up. The problem is that most of our youth players are now being poched at young ages.

wat i'm reading. rofl
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:31 am

Why is South America so far behind Europe?

Different time zone.......duh!
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:20 am

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next