Lex
Freeza
Mamad
guest7
Clockwork Orange
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

'I damaged Spanish football by ending Barca's dominance' Empty 'I damaged Spanish football by ending Barca's dominance'

Post by Clockwork Orange Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:54 pm

But the 50-year-old told reporters: "[Iniesta] can think what he likes, but I would say to him that without Messi his team is so different and that is why they did what they did in the semi-finals of the Champions League."

"Before I arrived they hadn't reached the quarter-finals for six years, and we reached the semis [in each of my three years]. I can say with pride that I managed a big club like Madrid."

"I'm sorry but I played the players that I thought were best for the team. Of course I want good relationships with everybody, but I need a good relationship with myself and I need to be honest with myself.

"If someone has a big status, I cannot give him special privileges. It's up to the players to accept it or not, [as well as] the media and the supporters."

"All my decisions are based on meritocracy."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2013/06/10/4039077/i-damaged-spanish-football-by-ending-barcas-dominance?ICID=CP_125
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

'I damaged Spanish football by ending Barca's dominance' Empty Re: 'I damaged Spanish football by ending Barca's dominance'

Post by guest7 Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:02 pm

hes not wrong tbh
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

'I damaged Spanish football by ending Barca's dominance' Empty Re: 'I damaged Spanish football by ending Barca's dominance'

Post by Mamad Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:10 pm

What a douche.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:13 pm

He didn't end their dominance... So full of himself, it's ridic
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:17 pm

This guy honestly thinks people get down on their knees and pray to him every night before bed Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:17 pm

I somewhat agree. Back in 2010 I never expected Inter to beat Barcelona, it seemed like nobody could stop them. He stopped them at their peak.
But it wasn't only him ofc. Di Matteo stopped Pep's Barca as well.

But I fail to see how he damaged spanish football. Real and Barcelona both reached the semis 3 years in a row, that's a great achievement. If anyone has hurt spanish football lately, it was german football Laughing

Though I wish they'd all just shut up already. Always bickering because they hate each other. smh
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Can we have a 1 large Mou thread instead of creating one every time he has a press conference :facepalm:

1 la Liga and 1 cup = End of an era Proud
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:56 pm

Where is that picture about the amount of trophies won during the time Mourinho was in Madrid? With Barca, Atletico, and Madrid?

Yeah. Good job Mou Rolling Eyes
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by che Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:02 pm

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=autofellatio
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:03 pm

he only said it as a response to iniesta..

had iniesta not opened his mouth this wouldnt be a discussion

no one is safe from talking about mou, hes going to immediately retaliate every single time.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:43 pm

He kind of showed a way how Barca to be stopped in matches to other clubs and he managed to stop Barca and install mentality to his team that they can beat barca.

as for the other thing mayeb the spanish football needed someone like him in order people to show their real face?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Collblanc Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:12 am

DeviAngel wrote:He kind of showed a way how Barca to be stopped in matches to other clubs and he managed to stop Barca and install mentality to his team that they can beat barca.

as for the other thing mayeb the spanish football needed someone like him in order people to show their real face?

Stopping Barcelona's tiki-taka is NOT a very difficult thing to do - you need dedicated players. A triangle can be stopped be putting a half or a full circle around it, thus no leaving space to 'move' the triangle forward. It needs allot of movement. This is not something Mourinho invented, but he had the players that followed the directions very well, same as Di Matteo
Collblanc
Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:08 am

Collblanc wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:He kind of showed a way how Barca to be stopped in matches to other clubs and he managed to stop Barca and install mentality to his team that they can beat barca.

Stopping Barcelona's tiki-taka is NOT a very difficult thing to do - you need dedicated players. A triangle can be stopped be putting a half or a full circle around it, thus no leaving space to 'move' the triangle forward. It needs allot of movement. This is not something Mourinho invented, but he had the players that followed the directions very well, same as Di Matteo

Well that is the thing he showed that with dedication and hard work you can do it. If there was no Mou than Di Matteo wouldn't have done it
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:51 am

DeviAngel wrote:
Collblanc wrote:

Well that is the thing he showed that with dedication and hard work you can do it. If there was no Mou than Di Matteo wouldn't have done it

Wow, I couldn't disagree more.

First of all he did not have any kind of sustained success against Pep's Barcelona nor did he lay any kind of road map down to beat Barcelona when Pep was there.

In fact, Pep routinely beat the daylights out of Mourinho's Madrid to the point that his "great strategy" was to put Pepe in Midfield and have the team kick the living sh** out of any player that tried to move forward.

And when that didn't work he acted like a 5 year old in the press and blamed Referee's who did everything possible to not send off Madrid's players when players like Pepe, Adebayor, Ramos, Alonso etc etc should have been Yellow Carded 3 and 4 times over each game.

And BTW I think Gus Hiddink did just fine in containing Barcelona before this "master strategy" of Mourinho's came out. There are other great coach's out there who have more then held there own against Barcelona.

I don't know why people want to give credit to Mourinho for things he has not achieved. He's achieved enough in his career that there is no need to make stuff up to fluff up his resume.

Mou's sustained success came against a cancer stricken Tito Villanova, Jordi f'ing Roura and an old, injured and for lack of a better word bad backline who BTW ended the great Jose Mourinho's stay in Spain with a 15 point lead in the table while losing 2 games to him and in effect giving him a 6 point cushion to play with.

And BTW people tend to forget that Mou's Inter played Barca 4 times in the CL that year not twice. Barca's record was 2-1-1. Full credit for Inter beating them and winning the CL but any one can beat anyone in a 2 legged tie.

Point being, 1 win out of 4 games and 2 loses is hardly laying down a "roadmap" to beating Barcelona. Neither did he lay down any Road map in Spain. He was bested to the league by Jordi Roura for god's sake.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:55 am

And BTW people tend to forget that Mou's Inter played Barca 4 times in the CL that year not twice. Barca's record was 2-1-1. Full credit for Inter beating them and winning the CL but any one can beat anyone in a 2 legged tie.

^ Yea i don't agree with that

From the group stages onward he clearly adapted tactics from using a 4-4-2 diamond, 4-4-2 flat to eventually the 4-2-3-1 / 4-5-1 that he used in the knockouts that has been very successful against Barcelona.

Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:07 am

Clockwork Orange wrote:But the 50-year-old told reporters: "[Iniesta] can think what he likes, but I would say to him that without Messi his team is so different and that is why they did what they did in the semi-finals of the Champions League."
..win a world cup and 2x Euros?
Mou is losing his touch on witty combacks
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Clandestino Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:08 am

Donuts wrote:
Clockwork Orange wrote:But the 50-year-old told reporters: "[Iniesta] can think what he likes, but I would say to him that without Messi his team is so different and that is why they did what they did in the semi-finals of the Champions League."

Team as in Barcelona not team as in Spain. Big difference, even though the majority of Spain's players do come from Barca. You see, when Barca don't have Messi, they are a very average team, when Spain don't have Messi, they still win all games.

As for Mou ending Barca's dominance, you guys have a really short-term memory and are forgetting that Pep's Barcelona basically won all titles that were available - 2008/09 - all titles, 2009/10 - lost CL to Mou's Inter and Copa to Seville, 2010/11 - all but Copa to Mou's Real Madrid, 2011/12 - only Copa - eliminating RM, but losing the league to a record RM campaign. 2012/13 - they won La Liga, RM eliminated them from Copa and got the first positive season head to head score in 5 years. (just a fast review, I didn't count the minor trophies such as Super Copas and the friendly they call Club World Cup).

I do agree that in direct encounters he didn't come out on top - matches played vs Barca and total trophies won - but he did come up against easily the best team in the world (or even all times) that were demolishing every opposition fairly easily. What he had to play with was a team in shambles, ever-changing coaches, heavily underachieving in CL and a Barca complex to contend with. And his latest wins against Barca were far from his Inter win or the luckiest two-legged win of all times by Chelsea, RM has actually stood up to Barca quite well lately.

So, what is true is he is partly to thank for ending their dominance by contributing heavily to stopping a worrying trend of them winning almost all trophies and disposing of RM very convincingly along the way. We didn't meet them in CL for 9 years because we were dropping out of the competition so early! Again, I agree Barca were more successful, but partly thanks to Mou they didn't go on to win another 15 trophies in the last 3-4 years. However, if you want to talk about real dismantling and ending Barca's reign, look no further than Bayern.

"Any one can beat anyone in a 2 legged tie." - Really? I thought the correct expression is anyone can beat anyone in a one-off match at a neutral venue.
Clandestino
Clandestino
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:13 am

Donuts wrote:
Wait, Iniesta won that with Barcelona against Real Madrid and co.?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:34 am

He got obsessed so much on "ending Barca's dominance" during his Madrid tenure that he built an anti Barca flat out counterattacking team which looked clueless against any other top team which doesn't play as high up the pitch and wants to dominate possession.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:35 am

Harmonica wrote:
Donuts wrote:
nope but in a team without Messi, aka spain.
Mourinho has nothing on Iniesta, Andres has a much more successful career then Mou does. if we were to compare trophies and results that is.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:38 am

Donuts wrote:
Harmonica wrote:
Donuts wrote:
nope but in a team without Messi, aka spain.
Mourinho has nothing on Iniesta, Andres has a much more successful career then Mou does. if we were to compare trophies and results that is.
But he's speaking Barcelona, in club football, which is whole different level than national football. In Spain Iniesta and co. are playing with same identity and familiarity than in Barcelona, and pwning poor suckers who don't have that, and train couple days in a year themselves.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:42 am

Harmonica wrote:I'm butthurt because Messi hasn't scored a single goal in his last 2 international tournaments

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:21 pm

Harmonica, no offence, but are you a Barça or a Messi fan? Seriously, you seem to like bringing down other WC Barça players to make Messi look even greater...

Back to topic. Mou hardly ended the dominance. Barça won 8 titles while Madrid only won 3(even atletico won more) and lost the last league by 15 Points. That's hardly ending Barça's dominances. If there was a team that ended our dominances, its Bayern Munich..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:23 pm

harhar11 wrote:Harmonica, no offence, but are you a Barça or a Messi fan? Seriously, you seem to like bringing down other WC Barça players to make Messi look even greater...
I talk about the truth, the logical truth and nothing but the truth. I'm sure you can try to argue against my argument then, no? So are you fan of a Iniesta or Barca then?

Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:26 pm

Iniesta has no authority to speak in the name of spanish football.

While Mou has little class, barca players often showed no class at all.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next