Adit
Gil
halamadrid2
Pedram
BarcaLearning
24 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June - Page 2 Empty Re: Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June

Post by Collblanc Fri May 31, 2013 2:08 pm

Zealous wrote:I agree with you Albi but why would Barca promise a new contract last year though?

Nothing has been promised; he has been told that he would renew is he was ready for the season. Clearly, the technical staff thinks otherwise, so no renewal. It's a shame because a 100% fit Abidal would solve our CB problems for a huge part!

Collblanc
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June - Page 2 Empty Re: Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June

Post by FalcaoPunch Fri May 31, 2013 2:21 pm

Damn even I felt the tears coming.
Guy was definitely upset. He said his wish was to continue but the club thinks otherwise
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:13 pm

Oh come on! Are they serious?!?!

Its not a football decision at all! Abidal is still good enough for them! Mad Mad

I bet if he was Catalan he wouldnt be shown the door right after fighting back into the team after a liver transplant. Bet he'd be a living legend then eh? But I guess the french help gets no respect there.

Come on home to France Eric! Proud

As for Barcelona........

Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June - Page 2 1448732_o

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Jun 01, 2013 2:24 pm

Barca did nothing wrong here. It's a business... it's not like they kicked Abidal out the door the minute he got sick. They paid him his contract and now he can play for another club.

I'm actually happy that he's healthy enough that he can play somewhere.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:29 pm

"I'm disappointed with Barca"

Seriously abidal :facepalm:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:32 pm

It sucks what he went through but you don't get millions of pounds worth of hand outs and a place in a top club because of what you went through.

Can't believe people are horrified by this.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:19 am

Even though it's a disgrace to let him out after all he's been through,Its more of a disgrace from a football standpoint.He's by far our best Centre nack and Left Back.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 am

Maybe he was, but has he actually played a string of 90 minute games since the recovery.

And like I said, what he went through was bad. But it's not 'nasty' or 'outragous' not to renew somebodies contract because they had a major illness.

People are too wrapped up in feeling bad for him. If Barcelona don't think he can cut it anymore, then so be it.

You shouldn't let a persons illness cloud your judgement of their abilities.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:23 am

How is it a disgrace?Barca arent even selling him.His contract ended, they dont want him anymore, they owe nothing to him, period.Its not like Barca are the cause of his problems
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:24 am

If promises were made he has every right to be disappointed. The action (mildly disappointing within itself) can be rationalized. But the process, if as has been reported, cannot.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:28 am

Again we probably all get bits and peices of the actual details.

Perhaps it was along the lines of 'If you're deemed good enough, we'll keep you' and he wasn't deemed to be good enough even thought he thinks he is.

Hence the comments.

But some people are just mad he's went through his illness and hasn't gotten a new contract because of that.

Plenty of people go through that and end up getting bare minimum sick pay and eventually even that can run out.

I'm not feeling sorry for him because he's not getting an extra 8 million in the bank despite not beeing deemed good enough. Sorry people.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJoe Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:31 am

Nothing wrong with this. Barcelona were very kind to renew his contract while he had his health problems going on, but at the end of the day they aren't a charity and if they feel he's not good enough then he should go.
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:01 am

The thing is he's still our best Centre Back by far and better than Alba by far.In the game against Levante his performance was Great and it's really unbeliveable cause he hadn't been training for that long.He was the best player in that match in his first game back,no way we shouldn't have kept him.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:10 am

I think the reasoning behind taking out Abidal was to make room for newer defenders, and kinda clean house, we are stacked on LB and RB with
Montoya and Adriano able to play both sides, we are "supposed" to get two centerbacks this transfer season.
Abidal was probably still on a high wages. we are a football club not a charity club.
The board also told Abi that he is welcome to come back as a technical staff when he retires so he should be happy for just that.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:51 am

Abidal: Barça didnt renew my contract because they are afraid that something will happend to me on the pitch

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:46 pm

harhar11 wrote:Abidal: Barça didnt renew my contract because they are afraid that something will happend to me on the pitch

Barca will not renew Abidal's contract which ends in June - Page 2 Cuban2

Back to top Go down

Post by OLpower Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:51 pm

If you aren't from La Masia, Barcelona will throw you the second you become less good, without any regard for all you brought to the club.

Ronaldinho, Deco are prime exemple. Eto'o was pushed away and Yaya Toure was kicked out to install a crap player like Busquets, juste because he was from their academy.
OLpower
OLpower
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:55 pm

OLpower wrote:If you aren't from La Masia, Barcelona will throw you the second you become less good, without any regard for all you brought to the club.

Ronaldinho, Deco are prime exemple. Eto'o was pushed away and Yaya Toure was kicked out to install a crap player like Busquets, juste because he was from their academy.

Exactly. It is borderline Catalan racism.

My true problem with this is because it is clearly not football related. He would have got a contract extension based on his level of play alone. He is one of their best defenders, although that isnt really saying anything because they are a total mess back there.

I have no doubt in my mind that if Puyol went through the same thing(heaven forbid), yet worked hard to get back and showed he was still one of their better players, he would have got the extension.

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:58 pm

Football related?
Ronaldinho missed trainings and partied too hard, got fat and lazy
Eto wanted to leave and didn't sign contract.
Busquets > Toure for Barcelona's play style

The year after Ronaldinho left we won it all so all in all we did better without these people.

Abidal is what 33? Not many players actually retire in Barcelona I don't know where you guys got this idea

Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:45 pm

You 2 would have a point if Barça didn't sell Guardiola once he became old and who, as you most likely know, is both Catalan and is from La Masia..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2